剧集 | 金属进化:重金属音乐发展史(2011) | 导航列表
Vicky: He was always very experimental with things.
我记得当他买♥♥到那双皮厚底靴的时候
I remember when he got those leather platform boots that
长到膝盖以上。他当时决定他是
came up over the knee. He decided then that he was
我要做的都是烟火表演。
going to be doing all this pyro-technics stuff.
文斯:你有一种叫焦凝胶的东西,而你呢?
Vince: You got this stuff called pyro-gel, and you
我知道我们只是想看看.我们把尼基点着吧。
know we just wanted to see... let's light Nikki on fire.
好的,酷。在舞台上我们会把它刻在剑上
Ok cool. On stage we'd have it on the sword and
我摸了摸蜡烛,剑就会着火,
I'd touch the candle and the sword would catch on fire and
我会用它打尼基,然后我们就会点燃他。
I'd hit Nikki with it, and we'd light him.
**音乐**
* Music *
巴里:它会升起来,他就会把头抬起来。
Barry: It would go up and he would just bring his head back.
就好像那是一种特效,
And it was like that was a special effect,
会让你进医院的。
one that would put you in the hospital.
妮基:这是我们在舞台上还能有多少安培,
Nikki: It was how many more amps can we get on stage,
我们的烟火还能做多大,我们会去看其他的
how much bigger could we make our pyro, we would go see other
然后说“我们可以超越它。”你不得不
bands and go "we can top that." You have to
在音乐和视觉上进行尝试,突破极限。
experiment musically and visually to push the envelope.
弗兰基:马特利·克鲁尔真的有一种态度,那就是他们会
Frankie: Motley Crue really had an attitude that they were gonna
给人留下了巨大的印象。如果你走到了极端,
make a huge huge impression. If you went to the extreme,
他们这样做了十次。一切都很大很大。
they did that times ten. It was all big big big big.
**音乐**
* Music *
到1982年,莫特利·克鲁与一名少校签约
>> By 1982, Motley Crue was signed to a major and
使自己成为夕阳中最炙手可热的乐队
established themselves as the hottest band on the sunset
一次,Crue和其他洛杉矶金属乐队演奏了
strip, and once Crue and other L.A. metal bands played the
1983年的美国音乐节,摇滚界开始关注。
US festival in 1983, the rock world started to pay attention
在那条街上发生了什么。
to what was happening on the strip.
**音乐**
* Music *
在美国的任何节日中,人数都在250到40万人之间。
of any US festival, between 250 and 400,00 people.
>>80年代初,重金属在欧洲爆♥炸♥,
>> In the early 80's heavy metal was blowing up in Europe and
像犹大牧师、蝎子和铁娘子这样的乐队
bands like Judas Priest, Scorpions and Iron Maiden were
开始在美国产生重大影响。
beginning to make a major impact in the US.
但是当洛杉矶新人Motley Crue和Quiet Riot演奏
But when L.A. newcomers Motley Crue and Quiet Riot played
在美国节日重金属日向大量人群致敬
to massive crowds on the US festivals heavy metal day
聚光灯正转向美国。
the spotlight was turning to America.
文斯:作为一支年轻的乐队,向外看去看
Vince: As a young band to look out there and see
连绵起伏的人山人海,你看不见
rolling hills of people where you couldn't see
它在哪里结束简直令人难以置信。
where it ended was just unbelievable.
我们当时还只是孩子,那是83年,
We were still just kids, this was '83,
我们还没有去巡回演出呢。我记得安静的骚乱
we hadn't been on tour yet. I remember quiet riot
打开了整个展览,我们紧跟在他们后面出来。
opened the whole show, we came out right after them.
弗兰基:我们已经为最多的观众演出了。
Frankie: We had played to the single biggest audience
我想任何人也玩过,
that I think anybody had ever played too,
如果“静悄悄的暴♥动♥”在那个日期之后从未做过任何事
and if Quiet Riot had never done anything beyond that date
这对任何音乐家的一生来说都足够了。
it would have been enough for any musicians' lifetime.
安静的暴♥动♥我要去赶片场了你准备好了吗?
>> Quiet Riot I'm gonna go and catch the set are you ready?
安静的暴♥动♥:耶!让我们开始吧!
Quiet Riot: Yeaahhhh Lets do it!
**音乐**
* Music *
>>美国艺术节上安静的骚乱表演曝光
>> Quiet Riots performance at the US festival exposed
这支乐队吸引了一大批观众,但它是
the band to a huge audience but it was
洛杉矶制片人Spencer Provier磨练了安静的骚乱声音
L.A. producer Spencer Proffer who honed Quiet Riots sound
为他们的商业成功铺平了道路。
and helped pave their way to commercial success.
山姆:带我回想起你第一次见到“安静的暴♥动♥”的时候。
Sam: Take me back to when you first met the Quiet Riot guys.
斯宾塞·普罗弗:我开车在洛杉矶转悠,听着
Spencer Proffer: I was driving around L.A. listening to
流行电台,“感受噪音”开播了
pop radio, 'Cum On Feel The Noize' came on
作为一个斯莱德的老人,我说,如果我可以的话,我说神圣(嘟嘟)。
as an oldie by Slade, I said holy (beep) if I could
找个乐队唱歌♥那首歌♥该多酷啊。
find a band to sing that song how cool would that be.
我去了加利福尼亚州里斯达的一家俱乐部
I went out to this club in Reseda, California and these
男人们唱着“Bang Your Head”,唱着“PARTY ONE NIGHT”。
guys were singing 'Bang Your Head', singing 'Party All Night'.
所以后来我去找他们,我说我想
So I went up to them afterwards and I said I'd like to
带你去录音棚录4首歌♥,我说
take you into the studio to record 4 songs, and I said
你需要唱一首歌♥,叫“感受噪音”(Cum On Feel The Noize)。
you need to do a song called Cum On Feel The Noize.
凯文会说,“那是诺迪·霍尔德,(嘟嘟)(嘟嘟)
Kevin would go, "That's Noddy Holder that (beep) (beep)
从斯莱德来的,除非我死了“,
from Slade, no way over my dead body",
我说了对不起,伙计,这就是交易。
I said sorry dude that's the deal.
弗兰基:总有一天我们要录制“感受噪音”。
Frankie: The day comes that we have to record 'Cum On Feel the Noize'
你知道,不情愿地,我开始弹奏,它听起来
you know begrudgingly, and I start playing and it's sounding
很好,凯文坐在另一边
pretty good, and Kevin is sitting on the other side of the
房♥间和匕♥首♥正从他的眼睛里朝我冲出来,就像一个
room and daggers are coming out of his eyes at me like a
卡♥通♥,烟从他的耳朵里冒出来,他只是脸色发青。
cartoon, smoke is coming out of his ears and he was just livid.
卡洛斯·卡瓦佐:一开始我们不喜欢这个主意,我们不喜欢
Carlos Cavazo: We didn't like the idea at first, we didn't
想玩的话,你知道我们就像个小淘气的孩子,
wanna play it, you know we were being like little bratty kids,
哇,我们不会这么做的,我们最后做了
wah wah wah we're not gonna do this, we ended up doing
这可能是我们做过的最棒的事了。
it and it was probably the best thing we ever did.
**音乐**
* Music *
弗兰基:我们为“感受噪音”做了录像带。
Frankie: We did the video for 'Cum On Feel the Noize' and
我们在伊利诺伊州罗克福德为黑色安息日开门
we were opening up for Black Sabbath in Rockford, Illinois
那天晚上我们发现金属健康是
and we found out that night that Metal Health was
将成为广♥告♥牌排行榜上的第一名。
going to be number 1 on the billboard charts.
**音乐**
* Music *
斯宾塞:“静悄悄的骚乱”是这场运动的磁石,
Spencer: Quiet Riot was the magnet to the movement, and the
多明诺斯落后了,所有其他乐队都签约了
dominos fell behind that, all these other bands got signed
因为你知道我们游戏里的A是怎么运作的,
because you know how the A in our game works,
一旦你大受欢迎,每个人都想要20个一样的东西。
once you have a big hit everyone wants 20 of the same thing.
利齐·格雷:那时唱片公♥司♥说
Lizzie Grey: That was when the record companies said
等等,好莱坞那个疯狂怪异的东西
wait a minute this crazy weird stuff that Hollywood
如果制♥造♥业是可以出♥售♥的,这个国家就会买♥♥下它。
is manufacturing is sellable, the country will buy it.
>>在“安静的暴♥动♥”的“Cumon Feelthe Noize”成功之后,
>>Afterthesuccessof Quiet Riot's'CumOnFeelthe Noize',
乐队从美国各地蜂拥到洛杉矶成为
bands flocked from across America to L.A. to become
日落大道上魅力金属景观的一部分。
a part of the Glam Metal scene on sunset strip.
山姆:给我描述一下为什么你决定
Sam: Describe for me why that it is that you decided
离开宾夕法尼亚州来洛杉矶吗?
to leave Pennsylvania and come to Los Angeles?
Rikki Rockett:宾夕法尼亚州中部不肥沃
Rikki Rockett: Central Pennsylvania is not fertile
音乐家和艺术家的场地。
ground for musicians and artists.
所以我们买♥♥了一辆旧救护车,我记得听到
So we bought an old ambulance and I remember listening to
Motley Crue,Bret和我在这辆救护车上组装地板
Motley Crue, Bret and I are assembling flooring in this ambulance
心想“有多少人死于这件事?”和
thinking to ourselves "How many people died in this thing?" and
我们得把它开到全国各地去,你知道我的意思吗?
we gotta drive this across the country, you know what I mean?
他们在这里举办美国艺术节是有道理的,那里有
It just made sense they had the US festival out here, there was
所有的能量都在这里,你知道你会想到加州
all this energy out here, you know you think about California
你知道你在收音机里听到这些乐队,
you know you hear these bands on the radio,
你就像我需要成为其中的一部分。
you're just like I need to be a part of that.
**音乐**
* Music *
山姆:那时候洛杉矶的场景是什么样子的?
Sam: What was the scene like in L.A. at that time?
埃里克·特纳:太棒了。我是说这就像是
Erik Turner: It was freakin' awesome. I mean it was like
周一晚上到周日晚上,
Monday night through Sunday night,
看起来像是成千上万的人在那条街上。
it seemed like thousands of people on the strip.
鲍比·布洛泽:有很多乐队在演奏,你知道吗?
Bobby Blotzer: There was all these bands, you know playing
在Troubadour酒店或者威士忌酒店或者Roxy酒店或者喜达屋酒店。
at either the Troubadour or the Whisky or the Roxy or Starwood.
总有地方可以去看别人打球。
There was always somewhere to go and see someone play.
每个人都会在聚会上闲逛,玩得很开心
Everybody would be hanging out partying having a good time
追女孩子做我们做的事。
chasing girls and doing what we do.
塔妮·基丹:没有原则,
Tawny Kitaen: There were no principles,
没有人对你说不。
there was nobody telling you no.
那也是一个颓废的时代,
It was also a time of decadence,
对毒品、财产的放纵
the indulgence of drugs, of possessions
如果你真的能做到这一点,
and the way that you could really do that and
成为一名摇滚明星就能脱颖而出。
get away with it was by being a rock star.
**音乐**
* Music *
斯蒂芬·皮尔西:耶!看看这个,
Stephen Pearcy: Yeeahhh! Check this out,
这就是我们今天所知道的好莱坞。
this is Hollywood as we know it today.
维姬:日落地带成了社交网络的发源地。
Vicky: The sunset strip became the social networking ground of
所有那些华丽的金属乐队,他们都有自己的海报,
all those glam metal bands, they all had their posters,
杆子大概有这么厚,上面堆满了装订枪的传♥单♥。
the poles were about this thick with staple gun fliers.
埃里克:那就是我想到的传♥单♥,传♥单♥,传♥单♥。
Erik: That's what I think of is fliers, fliers, fliers.
街道上布满了50个乐队在外面宣传
The streets were covered with fifty bands out promoting
他们的节目。那么如何让你的乐队脱颖而出呢?
their shows. So how do you make your band stand out
从别人拿到的其他30张传♥单♥上?
from the other 30 fliers that somebody got?
Rikki:这就是我们出去宣传的东西
Rikki: That's what we went out and promoted
在这方面我们真的很出色。大多数的
and where we really really excelled. Most of the
唱片公♥司♥,几乎所有的公♥司♥至少都放弃了我们
record companies, almost all of them passed on us at least
有两次他们说你知道你要建立一个追随者。
剧集 | 金属进化:重金属音乐发展史(2011) | 导航列表