剧集 | 金属进化:重金属音乐发展史(2011) | 导航列表
you know, I can't get with this I don't feel like that.
他们说我什么都不想,只是觉得很开心,我就是不想。
They're saying I don't feel like nothing but a good time I just don't.
我不能为此责怪他们,你知道我没有生气
I can't blame them for that, you know I'm not mad
任何人,你知道我的意思。
at anybody for that, you know what I mean.
**音乐**
* Music *
山姆:我记得90年代真的很糟糕。
Sam: I remember the 90's being a really bad time
对于金属来说,如果你是像我一样的金属脑袋,你就不会
for metal, if you were a metal head like me you didn't
真的有很多值得骄傲的地方。不光是魅力消失了
really have much to be proud of. Not only glam had disappeared
但是史塔什已经死了,垃圾是新事物。
but thrash had died and grunge was the new thing.
所以我一直想知道的是
So what I've always wanted to know is
金属音乐家的生活发生了什么?
what happened to the lives of metal musicians?
尤其是那些魅力十足的金属商,一旦这音乐淡出。
Especially the glam metalers once this music had faded out.
山姆:与80年代相比,90年代对你和毒药公♥司♥来说是一段艰难的时期。
Sam: Were the 90's a difficult time for you and Poison by comparison to the 80's.
瑞基:我完全不听音乐了。
Rikki: I flat out got out of music.
我去了我要去一会儿做点什么
I went I'm gonna go for a little while do something
我一直想做的事,我要去做漫画书了。
I've always wanted to do, I'm gonna go work on comic books.
我不能为涅槃、声音花♥园♥和那些
I could not contribute to what Nirvana, Soundgarden and those
乐队在做什么。不是我来的地方,不是
bands were doing. It wasn't where I come from, it wasn't
我当时的感受,对我来说是不真诚的
what I was feeling, it would have been disingenuous for me
发行一张听起来像那样的唱片。
to put out a record that sounded anything near like that.
迈克尔:就在那时,你知道的乐队解散了
Michael: That's when the band you know, disbanded and went
我们分道扬镳,一切顺利,这行不通的。
our separate ways and went okay, this isn't gonna work.
其他人做其他工作,那时候我
The other guys worked other jobs and that's when I
在一家家族企业工作,在一家
took on work at a family owned business, working a
蔓越莓沼泽生意,露营地生意。
cranberry bog business, a uh campground business.
鲍比:我以为我们会有一年的假期
Bobby: The year break I thought we were gonna have was
现在已经是四年了。你知道面团是要
now turning into 4 years. You know the dough was going
很快,我们得买♥♥些生意,
pretty quick, we gotta buy some businesses,
我买♥♥了一家花店和一家自动售货店。下一件事
I bought a flower shop and a vending business. Next thing
我知道我要买♥♥75台可口可乐,糖果等等
I know I'm buying 75 coke machines, candy bars all this
一些东西,我必须为它们服务。我的手闻起来像硬币
stuff and I had to service them. My hands smelled like quarters
以及未来5年的美元钞票。不过还是挺好笑的。
and dollar bills for the next 5 years. Pretty funny though.
山姆:你记得当时的感受吗?
Sam: How do you remember feeling at that time?
卡洛斯:我感觉(哔)一声。
Carlos: I felt like (beep).
我感觉自己像一块吐在地上的泡沫。
I felt like a piece of bubble gum spit out on the ground.
我们为唱片公♥司♥做了这么多,他们也想
We did so much for the label and also they want
跟你一点关系都没有。我不得不卖♥♥掉我的房♥子
nothing to do with you. I had to sell my houses and
每个人都经历了一些经济困难。
everyone went through some financial difficulties.
我想这有点像女朋友甩了你
It's sort of like having a girlfriend dump you I guess
你知道,在不知不觉中,在没有任何提示的情况下。
you know, without knowing it, without having any heads up.
德里克:最终,如果你愿意,只要你愿意,时间到了的时候
Derek: Ultimately when the time was up if you like as far as MTV
还有电台,大多数成名的乐队
and radio, most of the bands that had garnered their fame
在那段时间里,他们不能把自己拖出来
during that period weren't able to drag themselves out of that
头发金属包。我和汤姆保持联♥系♥,他仍然是个很棒的人
hair metal bag. I'm in touch with Tom and he's still a great
我和朋友会放一段他刚做的样带
friend and I'd put on a demo that he's just done and some
为我工作的孩子进来说
kids who were working for me came in and said
“伙计,太棒了,这是谁?”我说的是“灰姑娘”。
"Man that's great, who is this?" And I said "Cinderella".
他们说“哦”。说得够多了。
And they said "Oh". Enough said.
**音乐**
* Music *
山姆:我现在在马里兰州巴尔的摩的郊区
Sam: So I'm here n the outskirts of Baltimore, Maryland
在M3音乐节上有文斯·尼尔,灰姑娘,
for the M3 festival where there is Vince Neil, Cinderella,
荣格,搜查证和所有这些80年代的金属发带
Winger, Warrant and all these 80's hair metal bands
都来玩了,到目前为止,它更像是
have all come to play, and so far it resembles more of
就像一个巨大的烧烤然后是一个摇滚音乐节,
like a giant barbeque then a rock festival,
所以我们得弄清楚为什么会有人来这里。
so we gotta go figure out why people are here.
山姆:你认为人们来这里是为了怀旧吗?
Sam: Do you think people are here for nostalgia,
是为了重温那段时光,还是你认为人们为什么会在这里?
to relive that time or why do you think people are here?
范冰冰:我想他们只是想玩得开心,过得开心。
Fan: I think they just wanna have a good time and live the
80年代的一切又来了,因为那是一段美好的时光。
80's all over again, cause it was a great time.
范冰冰:帅哥,长发,摇滚乐。
Fan: Hot guys, long hair, rock and roll metal.
这就是我活着的目的,我45岁了,我仍然热爱这份工作。
That's what I live for, I'm 45 and I still love it.
山姆:他还是留着漂亮的头发。
Sam: He's still got the good hair.
范冰冰:我知道他很棒,这就是我喜欢他的原因。
Fan: I know he's awesome that's why I love him.
>>我们继续我们的生活.>>音乐与我们同在……
>> We move on with our lives... >> the music stays with us...
>>.这就是爸爸们所说的。
>>...that's what daddies talkin' about.
**音乐**
* Music *
弗兰基:我认为像这样的东西的出现
Frankie: I think that the advent of things like the
摇滚从未停止过巡回赛和Rocklahoma,所有那些活动,
Rock Never Stops Tour and Rocklahoma, all those events,
这真的像是回到了80年代。
it really was like a throwback to the 80's.
我认为可以肯定地说
I think that it's safe to say that
绝大多数观众都是铁杆粉丝,
the great majority of the audience were die-hard fans that
在80年代这一切开始的时候就在那里。没有
were there in the 80's when it all started. There's no
东山再起,只是那些乐队还是愿意
resurgence it's just that those bands are still willing to go
在那里,不惜一切代价,尽其所能地工作,
out there and work at any cost at whatever level they can,
真的是发工资的。很有趣,但这是工资单。
it's really pay roll. Fun, but it's payroll.
蒂娜:“金属头发”从来没有招募过年轻一代。
Deena: Hair metal never recruited a younger generation
所以没有毛发金属社区,
into it and so there's no hair metal community,
它植根于今天的怀旧。
it's rooted in nostalgia today.
布雷特:我们要把你带回1986年,离开那只被拖进来的猫
Bret: We're gonna take you back to 1986, off the Cat Dragged In
唱片,你帮我们做的第一首大歌♥谣,
record, first big ballad you helped make big for us,
这叫‘我不会忘记你’。那,我们做吧。
this is called 'I Won't Forget You'. Let's do it.
**音乐**
* Music *
山姆:你担心人们只会把你当成
Sam: Do you worry that people will just see you as
怀旧复古表演有问题吗?
the nostalgia retro act is that a concern?
Rikki:从某种意义上说,这一刻我们是一种怀旧行为,而且
Rikki: Right this minute we are a nostalgia act in a way, and
我必须对自己诚实,因为我的意思是我们
I'd have to be honest with myself because I mean we're
播放我们的老歌♥,我们没有播放任何新的东西。
playing our old songs we're not playing anything new.
这就是怀旧。
That's nostalgia.
**音乐**
* Music *
>>今天的节日和乡村集市巡回演出帮助了许多人
>> Today's festival and country fair circuit has helped many
魅力金属乐队让他们的音乐为观众保留活力
glam metal bands keep their music alive for audiences
但这并不是魅力金属商的唯一途径
across America, but this isn't the only way glam metalers
都设法留在了公众的视线中。
have managed to stay in the public eye.
>>大家好,我是布莱特·迈克尔斯
>> Hey I'm Bret Michaels everybody, and it has been
很火♥辣♥,这样我就能缩小20个最好的女人的范围
smokin' hot, all so I can narrow down 20 of the finest woman
你从未见过能找到我唯一真爱之石的人。
you've ever seen to find my one true rock of love.
山姆:你觉得这些人为什么
Sam: Why do you think these guys have
在真人秀节目中翻译得这么好吗?
translated so well to reality television?
山姆:嗯,他们是明星,所以你可以在大多数媒体上翻译,
Sam: Well they're stars so you can translate in most medias,
就像布莱特·迈克尔斯一样,不管他做什么,他都会成为明星。
like a Bret Michaels he's always gonna be a star no matter what he does.
马克·克罗宁:我认为推动魅力的主要因素
Mark Cronin: I think the main thing that has driven glam
金属明星走进电视和真人秀节目
metal stars into television and reality television
是个时机问题。电视和音乐录像带
is kind of a timing issue. Television and music videos
做了毒药,做了莫特利克鲁斯,因为
made Poison, made Motley Crue and because of
你看到这些家伙在说“好的,我来做电视”。
that you see these guys going "Yeah, I'll do television".
他们成为摇滚明星是有原因的,他们走进了
They became rock stars for a reason, they went into
这是为了奉承,为了人群,我真的觉得他们
this for the adulation, for the crowds, I really feel like they
需要上电视让人们知道他们还在这里。
need to go on television to show people that they're still here.
>>嘿,这是塞巴斯蒂安·巴♥赫♥,不,这不会是你一般的表演。
>> Hey, this is Sebastian Bach, no this will not be your average show.
塞巴斯蒂安:我想所有的名人摇滚乐都是从
Sebastian: I think all this celebrity rock and roll started
和奥兹一起,和奥斯本一家一起。这是第一次
with Ozzy, with the show The Osbournes. That was the first
一位重金属音乐家在金属之外的时间
time a heavy metal musician was outside of metal in
公众的目光在做一些事情。我妻子有她自己的节目,
the public eye doing something. My wife had her own show,
我嫁给了塞巴斯蒂安·巴♥赫♥,它是收视率第一的节目,
I married Sebastian Bach which is a number one rated show,
我不知道它是否被归类为戏剧,
I don't know if it was classified as a drama,
恐怖片、喜剧片或以上所有的。
a horror, a comedy or all the above.
我喜欢做专辑,这就是我的工作,还有其他的
I like making albums, that's what I do and all this other
当人们不再买♥♥CD时,事情就会发生,
stuff happens, when people stop buying CD's,
你很清楚你有个电视节目我们走吧。
you know well you got a TV show let's go.
如果你想知道真♥相♥我不这么做是因为
If you wanna know the truth I don't do them because
我想做,当他们让我上电视节目时我笑了
I wanna do them, I laugh when they put me on a TV show
我走了,嘘,我要拿走你所有的钱
and I go, pfft I'm just gonna take all your money
然后把它放进金属里。
and put it into metal.
谢谢你的钱,因为我要把它搬上舞台。
Thank you for your money, cause I'm putting it on the stage.
>>您好,您成功了!
>> Hello you have made it!
>>尽管事实证明真人秀节目对一些人来说是完美的匹配
>> Although reality TV has proven a perfect match for some
魅力金属领队,并不是所有的魅力金属人都找到了
glam metal front men, not all glam metalers have found
在黄金时段的电视节目上取得了成功,并设法重新发明了他们的职业生涯。
success on prime time television and managed to re-invent their careers.
那么这些乐队是如何维持收支平衡的呢?
So how do these bands make ends meet when they're
不是在玩怀旧音乐节巡回演出吗?
not playing the nostalgia festival circuit?
[背景对话]
剧集 | 金属进化:重金属音乐发展史(2011) | 导航列表