I don't know anything about football.
-你必须了解 -你也得说个球队出来
- You'll HAVE to learn. - And you have to say a team.
好吧 我来自莱斯特 那么...
Well, I come from Leicester, so, um...
要不就莱斯特城吧
I suppose I'll have to say Leicester City.
真是的
Ugh!
怎么了
What?
乔讨厌莱斯特城
Joe hates Leicester.
谁会讨厌莱斯特城啊
I didn't think anybody hated Leicester.
-乔讨厌 -我讨厌
- Joe does. - I do.
-为什么 -有关他们的东西我都讨厌
- Why? - I hate everything about them.
-包括球员 球场 球衣... -我的天哪
- Their players, their stadium, their shirts... - Oh, dear!
好吧... 如果他们赢了 我不欢呼 这样行吗
Well, um... if they win, I won't cheer. How about that?
-不管用 妈妈
- No good. MUM!
等一下
Hang on.
-怎么了 -她支持莱斯特城
- Well? - Leicester City supporter.
我说过不谈足球
I told you not to talk about football.
我不知道怎么绕出来
I didn't know how to get out of it.
好吧... 看来不行了
Well... too late now.
还有人吗
Hello?
"所以要想在伦敦混个工作
'So, in London, as far as I can work out,
那就应该和孩子
you're expected to talk
谈谈你处♥女♥膜的状态
to children about the state of your hymen,
不过千万 千万不要提莱斯特城
but you must never, ever mention Leicester City.
否则像我一样找不到工作
So I didn't get the job.
六个月后 乔治发短♥信♥说
And then, after six months, George left a message saying
后来上任的保姆完全干不来
that the nanny who got the job was a disaster,
问我还想不想试试
and was I still interested?
所以我来了 来到伦敦西北区
So here I am, at 55 Gloucester Crescent,
格洛斯特 新月街55号♥"
London NW1.'
-我碰到你了 -我碰到你了
-Tag! Tag!
-"孩子们很聪明也很有意思..." -混♥蛋♥
-'The boys are clever and funny...' - Bastard
"...只不过听到他们的言谈 你和妈妈会吓得不轻
'...although you and Mum would be horrified by their language.
小乔的身体健康状况相当复杂
Joe's medical condition involves the most complicated
你能想到的病症他都有
list of symptoms you could imagine.
眼部的 胸部的 胃部的 还有发烧
Eyes, chest, temperature, stomach.
真的 从头到脚都有毛病 不过没那么严重"
Head-to-toe anxieties, really. But it's different.'
你们好
Hello!
嘘
Shh!
"有些人担心这次新的作品集
'And some of the concerns of this new collection are,
就好比过去对中世纪作家作品的担忧
unfashionably, the concerns of the middle-aged intellectual.
你觉得自己能和新一代欣赏诗歌♥的人
Do you think that you can make yourself relevant
-走到一起吗" -根本不可能
- to a new generation of poetry-readers?' - God, no!
请安静 我们很费力的在听
Please, we're trying to listen!
"我明白诗歌♥需要倾听者
'I understand that poetry demands attention,
可约翰尼·罗顿这代人
and attention is in short
对诗歌♥的关注少之甚少
supply to this Johnny Rotten generation,
他们经常去热闹的地方搔首弄姿
who are more used to gyrating their bottoms
而不是自己一人深入地阅读
than to close, solitary reading.
可我们是不是该认为
But, you know, do we take the view
人的进化实则是退化
that evolution has gone into reverse
人类正变回猿类呢
and that people are turning back into apes,
有志向的知识分子还要坚持下去吗
or do people with intellectual ambition keep trying?
我想说 我们在继续尝试
I say we keep trying.
这个生无可恋的老古董是谁啊
Who is this miserable old sod?
"马尔科姆·坦纳 谢谢你的发言"
'Malcolm Tanner, thank you very much.'
我的天哪
Oh, dear!
-妮娜 这位是马尔科姆 -你好 马尔科姆
- Nina, um... this is Malcolm. - Hello, Malcolm.
他怎么总是在说
And why did he keep going
年轻人搔首弄姿的事
on about young people's bottoms gyrating?
他叫马尔科姆... 坦纳
Malcolm... Tanner.
这样啊
Oh.
没错 你会经常见到他的
Yeah. You'll be seeing a lot of him.
荣幸
Good.
"马尔科姆·坦纳这名字你有什么印象吗
'Does the name Malcolm Tanner mean anything to you?
我也没有
Me neither.
我感觉在电视上见过
I thought I recognised him from the TV,
不过可能和加冕街里的人
but I might've been getting him muddled up
弄混了
'with someone from Coronation Street.
可能和埃尔西·坦纳的某位丈夫搞混了
One of Elsie Tanner's husbands, maybe.
马尔科姆写诗 小说还有戏剧 构思巧妙
He writes very clever poems and books and plays,
希望他别叫我读他的作品
and I'm hoping he doesn't make me read any of them.
反正呢 他差不多
Anyway, it turns out he
每天晚上都过来和我们吃饭"
comes to eat with us nearly every evening.'
你有什么意见吗
What do you think?
-关于什么 -关于核战争
- About what? - About nuclear war!
小乔
Joe!
谁要提起核战争 小乔就会变得很不安
Joe gets very upset if anyone mentions nuclear war.
没错 核战争让人不安
Well, it's an upsetting subject.
妮娜 你参加过游♥行♥吗
Have you been on any of the marches, Nina?
没有 莱斯特那里没怎么有游♥行♥
No. I'm not sure we've had any in Leicester.
各行各业的人一起游♥行♥
Well, people travel from all over.
你怎么知道他们什么时候游♥行♥呢
Oh. How do you find out when they're on?
-你读哪些报纸 -我爸爸订了水星报
- Well, what newspaper do you read? - My dad took the Mercury.
那是地方报纸
Well, that's the local paper.
你不可能在那上面看到游♥行♥的事
You're unlikely to read about the marches in there.
除非俄♥罗♥斯♥盯上了纽宁顿
Unless the Russians are targeting Nuneaton
那也轮不到水星报 纽宁顿的论♥坛♥报会报道
That wouldn't be the Mercury. Nuneaton's got the Tribune.
从来都不让我们讨论核战争
It's pathetic that we're never allowed to
我们好可怜啊
mention nuclear war, ever.
不管怎么说... 餐桌上谈这个不合适
Um... it's an inappropriate subject for the dinner table, anyway.
谢谢
Thank you!
那可以谈核袭击事件吗
What about in the event of a nuclear attack?
我们过会儿能谈吗
Can we talk about it THEN?
如果你看见窗外有蘑菇云
If you see a mushroom cloud
你可以镇静地指出来
out of the window, you may point it out,
然后把盘子放进池子里
calmly, before putting your plate in the dishwasher.
我们能不说这个了吗
Can we please not talk about this?
我想妮娜之前问大家的意见
I'm guessing that when Nina asked what we thought,
是想问晚餐怎么样
all those hours ago, she was referring to the dinner.
-这是我的新欢 -昨天 你还说喜欢通心粉...
- My new favourite, I think. - Yesterday, you said macaroni...
我得说 虽然不是很确定
Well, I have to say that, despite my reservations,
不过还真没那么难吃
it's really not bad at all.
谢谢
Thank you.
如果你想知道
But if you're asking for
有什么技巧可以改进一下...
tips on how it could have been improved...
要是我 下次就不用番茄罐头
I wouldn't use tinned tomatoes next time.
好吧
Right.
其实 食谱上说要用罐装番茄
Actually, the recipe said tinned.
那是什么菜的食谱
What was the recipe for, actually?
叫猎人乱炖
It's called hunter's stew.
那更应该放肉啊 毕竟是猎人做的
Oh, well, all the more reason to use fresh. Hunters would.
我以为猎人
I'd have thought hunters
只考虑和肉有关的食物
would only worry about the meat side of things.
他们不会袭击柿子
They don't go around shooting tomatoes.
这无所谓
It doesn't matter, anyway.
因为我们要死于核战争
Because we're all going to die in a nuclear war.
特雷弗·布鲁金
Trevor Brooking!
-谁是特雷弗·布鲁金 -天啊
- I don't think I know who Trevor Brooking is. - God.
他是西汉姆联队的球员 算不上厉害 能力平平
He's a West Ham player, and he's not God, he's average.
我要爆料
Ooh, I have some gossip.
来吧来吧
Ooh! Good!
等你们上去写作业的时候 告诉妈妈
It's for your mother, when you go up to do your homework.
她会告诉我们的 她一直这么干
She'll pass it on to us. She always does.
我只是装装样子 你们不知实情
I pretend I do. You don't know the half of it.
-实情是什么 -和性有关
- What's the other half? - Sex stuff.
没兴趣
Not interested.
人们怎么用他们的那里和我无关
What people do with their privates is their own business.
好吧 是和性有关
Well, this IS sex stuff.
好了孩子们 吃完就散吧
Right, boys, you can get down.
-有布丁吗 -有大米布丁
- Isn't there any pudding? - There's rice pudding.
布丁罐头吗