我只是感叹下
It's just an expression.
我知道 我只是指出来这个场合你这么说不合适
I'm aware, I'm just pointing it's inappropriate in this context.
我只是开玩笑
I was just being jokey.
我们当然会继续偶遇...
I mean, of course we are going to keep bumping into...
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
怎么了
What?
这难道不奇怪吗
You don't think that's weird?
芝士番茄披萨
It's cheese and tomato pizza.
人人都吃芝士番茄披萨
Everyone eats cheese and tomato pizza.
-或者火腿披萨 -两种都很火
- Or ham. - Well, it's one or the other.
平分秋色 谁会喜欢吃只放菠萝的夏威夷披萨呢
50-50. No-one likes the Hawaiian one with all the pineapple.
时间点也太巧了
But at exactly the same time,
还是已经... 睡过的两人...
two people who've... slept together...
这是咱当地的超♥市♥
This is our local supermarket.
而且我们说不清的关系
And our, whatever, relationship,
也是因为地理位置 是吧
it's sort of locally based, isn't it?
你怎么就
Why don't you want to
不愿承认这些实实在在发生的巧合呢
admit that coincidences, that they do happen?
我只是想精确分♥析♥下这种巧合的可能性
I'm just trying to introduce a note of mathematical probability.
我正读你给的书 "还乡"
Been reading your book, Return Of The Native.
感觉怎么样
How are you getting on?
我...
Well, I...
你接下来有空吗
Are you free after this?
想不想去散个步
Don't fancy going for a stroll, do you?
-散步吗 -难道像问你有没有这个习惯吗
- A stroll? - Is that like asking if you've got any hobbies?
不 感觉有点像"故园风雨后"[英国小说]
No, it's just a bit like Brideshead Revisited, isn't it?
-没读过 -那是给你的第一本书啊
- Never watched Brideshead. - It was a book first.
够了 当我没问
Chris! Forget it!
-我的妈呀 -乔治吃火鸡肉酱吃上瘾了
- Bloody hell! - George is obsessed with turkey mince.
听我说 抱歉 我很愿意和你散步
Oh, listen, I'm sorry, I would love to go for a stroll.
我以为这么偶遇 你会很激动
I thought you'd be interested in the coincidences.
你还给我看那些烦人的书
You gave me the wretched book.
我很激动 在报刊店遇见的时候不是...
I am! I mean, the newsagent one wasn't that...
你说的对 这么偶遇也太诡异了
No, you're right, they're all spooky.
-要帮忙吗 -不了
- Do you want a hand? - No.
好吧
OK.
-乔治就说会变成这样 -什么事
- George said this would happen. - What?
这种暧昧
The murkiness.
-哪有暧昧 -咱俩
- Where is there murkiness? - Between us.
-什么 你是指... -是的
- What, do you mean because of...? - Yes.
我不是那样的
I'm not like that.
-哪样的 -我不... 搞暧昧 我和三个人睡过
- Like what? - I'm not... murky. I've slept with three people,
和另外两个成了好朋友
and I'm very good friends with the other two.
-不错 情圣啊 -那你呢
- Well, great, bully for you! - What about you?
我不想说具体有几人
I'm not going to divulge numbers,
反正我再也不想见到他们
but I never want to see the others ever again.
好吧 所以你才是怪咖
Oh, right. So, actually, you're the murky party.
你偏要这么说的话
If you have to apportion blame.
你觉得哈代怎么样
So, what do you think of Hardy?
要我说 太多巧合
All right. Too many coincidences.
-真讽刺 -不会在小说中这样写
- Ironically. - Wouldn't write about them in a novel, though.
那曾是我A等课程的问题
That was one of my A level questions.
"论述'还乡'中巧合的作用"
"Discuss the role of coincidence in Return Of The Native."
-你怎么回答 -我没选它
- What did you say? - Didn't choose that one.
还有什么呢
What else was there?
"'还乡'被人们视作哈代
"Return Of The Native has been described as
最现代派的小说
"Hardy's most modern novel.
-你同意吗" -不同意 除非这是他后来创作的小说
- "Do you agree?" - No. Unless he wrote it after all the others,
那么就是了 对吗
then it would be, wouldn't it?
但是事实并非如此 如果必须回答
Well, he didn't. So what would you say
你会怎么说呢
if you had to answer that question?
我会说 "带我去见最近的红土贩子"
I'd say, "Lead me to the nearest reddleman."
-你是天生的文学家 -可我不是 不是吗
- You're a natural. - I'm not, though, am I?
我不知道该怎样谈论著作
I don't know what to say about books.
或许这些人物比你预想中更像你
Maybe these people are more like you than you think.
像我吗
Like me?
是的 这是读懂著作的好办法
Yeah, it's a good way into books.
你会寻找作品中容易理解的部分
You look for the parts that make sense to you,
从生活中寻找复杂的人物原型
the characters you know from your own life, their complications.
我不认为生活中有这类人
I don't know any characters from my own life.
反正不是复杂的人物
Not complicated ones, anyway.
我就是普通的保姆
I'm a bloody nanny!
或许你不会永远是保姆
Maybe you won't be for ever.
我该回去准备下午茶了
I'd better go and start tea.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
冷冻这些可怜的火鸡肉
Freezing all this wretched turkey mince.
你买♥♥了多少
How much did you buy?
你让我买♥♥的16包
16 packets, like you told me.
我才没有让你买♥♥16包
Of course I didn't tell you to buy 16 packets!
你写在纸上了
You wrote it down on a piece of paper.
上面写着116包 我以为你写错 特意少买♥♥了点
It actually said 116 but I presumed you couldn't have meant that.
你看
There.
不 这是16盎司 也就是1磅
No, that is 1 lb... one pound,
不是116 笨蛋
not 116, you berk.
该死的 这是压倒我的最后一根稻草
Fucking hell! That's the final straw.
-好吧 怎么回事 -我读不懂文学... 或者男人
- Right, what's the matter? - I don't get literature... or men.
先别管男人了 他们压根没有可读性
You can forget about the latter, there's nothing there to get.
倒是文学 确实难以理解
Books, more complicated.
你在看什么书
What are you reading?
没怎么看 只是"还乡"开头几章
Not much, just the first few chapters of Return Of The Native.
或许哈迪不适合你
Well, maybe Hardy isn't for you.
如果你和纳尼都可以 为什么我不合适
Well, why shouldn't he be, if he's for you and Nunney?
我是指哈迪不适合所有人
All I'm saying is that he isn't for everyone,
如果没有产生共鸣 也不是你个人的原因
and it's no reflection on you if you don't respond.
就算折磨死我 我也要让自己产生共鸣
I'm going to make myself respond, even if it kills me.
是因为纳尼吗
Is this about Nunney?
纳尼 你 马尔科姆 你们都读懂了
Nunney, you, Malcolm ...you are all responding away.
真让我生气
It pisses me off.
"亲爱的维克 你觉得文学
'Dear Vic, do you think that literature
和生活息息相关吗
'connects to our everyday lives?
当我试着劝说乔
'When I was trying to
不让他惦记着卢卡斯
persuade Joe that he wouldn't miss Lucas the cat
而且卢卡斯会和佩顿太太快乐地生活..."
'and that he'd be much happier with Mrs Peyton...'
乔
Joe!
"我觉得并不是如此
'.. I thought, no,
托马斯·哈迪和我们没有任何关系
Thomas Hardy has absolutely nothing to do with me.
纳尼觉得有关 可老实说
'Nunney says he does but, honestly, on an average day,
实在看不出来有什么联♥系♥"
'it's pretty hard to see how.'
"物理和生物科学
'.. Physics and life sciences,
伽利略2号♥作为遥感技术的
'Galileo 2 is one of the nation's leading facilities
领先设备"
'for remote sensing.'
我感觉好难受
I'm not feeling very well.
小家伙
Oh, bubba.
-你想去便便吗 -不想
- Do you need to poo? - No.
乔突然发病
'And then Joe had one of his crises,
看起来脆弱又无助
'and everything seemed very bleak and windswept.
他一般在饭后发病 看起来十分吓人
'They often start after mealtimes and can be very frightening.'
能帮我拿安定药吗 就在床头柜里
Can you fetch my Valium, please, from my bedside drawer?
他康复的速度和发病的速度差不多快
'And quite often he gets better as quickly as he got ill...'
我们又回到这间病房♥了
Oh, we're back in 5D.
对于刚才的慌乱
'.. and we all feel a bit
感到有些尴尬
embarrassed about the fuss we've caused.'
你刚刚发病了
You had a turn.
-我没事了 -医生还没有来看过你呢
- I'm OK now. - You haven't even seen the doctor yet.
-不要再这样了 -我控制不住
- Oh, don't do this again. - I can't help it.
我知道你不能阻止自己发病
No, I know you can't help the getting ill bit,
只是希望你不要再这么快康复了
but I wish you wouldn't get better quite so quickly.
他们会觉得我是个疯子
They must think I'm a complete nutcase.
至少医生进来的时候
At least when the doctor comes in,
-你能不能装作病怏怏的 -我可以...
- could you pretend to be a bit floppy? - Can I be...?