"希金斯·史蒂文斯"上世纪八十年代英国家喻户晓的摇滚巨星
"绿门" 希金斯·史蒂文斯的一首歌♥
美国电影"警界双雄"中两位做事风格迥异的主角
BBC一套一个长红的体育类智力竞赛节目
前者为英国职业赛马师 后者是橄榄球运动员 两人都曾为"体育问答"的队长
"约翰尼·罗顿"七十年代左右庞克乐队性枪手的成员之一
加冕街 英国播放时间最长的超级电视肥皂剧 1960年首播
埃尔西·坦纳 加冕街里的角色 结婚四次
波兰菜 把剩菜和新菜乱炖重做
-天呐 能不这样吗 -加油
- Oh, God! Do not do this to me! - Come on!
混♥蛋♥
Bastards!
我... 还未...
I... haven't...
随着音乐... 跳起舞
danced... to the music!
55号♥
Fifty-five?
"亲爱的维克 我知道你是我的姐姐 也是我的一切
'Dear Vic, I know you're my sister and everything,
可你有时候也很糊里糊涂
'but you can be as daft as a brush sometimes.
老实说 鉴于这两个理由
'To be brutally honest, I don't think you did see
我觉得你在图书馆里没看见希金斯·史蒂文斯
'Shakin' Stevens in the library, for two reasons.
第一 他是不是刚买♥♥了自己的专辑"荆棘鸟"
'A, wouldn't he just buy his own copy of The Thorn Birds?
"绿门" 三十年都是榜单第一
'Green Door was number one for three decades.
第二 我能想象得到
'And B, I can just about
他在莱斯特纸醉金迷的夜店里狂欢
imagine him in a swanky nightclub in Leicester,
可他去梅尔顿莫布雷公共图书馆干什么
'but what's he doing in Melton Mowbray public library?'
妮娜吗
Nina?
我需要关门吗
Shall I close the door?
需要
Good idea!
我的近况是 出乎意料我成了住家保姆
'My news is that, unexpectedly, I'm a live-in nanny
雇主是个住在伦敦北部 忙于工作的单亲妈妈 有两个儿子
'for a busy, working single mum with two boys in north London.
说来话长
'It's a long story.
应聘面试的事我都没向你提过
'I didn't even tell you about the interview
总之 那都是好几个月前的事了 反正最后没成"
'because it was months ago, and it didn't work out then, anyway.'
-喝茶吗 -好啊
- Tea? - Lovely.
早餐吃得好吗
Breakfast all right?
额... 还行 谢谢
Erm... yes, thank you.
虽然只是吐司跟酸果酱 不过也挺好
It was just toast and marmalade, but it was very nice.
-你喜欢早餐茶吗 -是普通那种吗
- Would you like breakfast tea? - Is that normal?
你是说 通常是这个点的茶 还是普通的那种茶
Do you mean, is that normal for this time of day, or normal tea?
普通的那种茶 实际上我不知道还有其他种类
Normal tea. I didn't know there was any other kind, actually.
进球
Goal!
哦 男孩们喜欢足球
Oh, the boys like football!
是的 但别跟他们谈这个 他们会发狂的
Yep. Don't even talk to them about it. They are demented.
哦
Oh.
我让他们出去玩了 好让我们聊聊
I've sent them out to play while we talk.
在他们打起来之前 我们有五分钟的时间聊聊
We'll have about five minutes before there's a fight.
我们去客厅吧
Let's go into the sitting room.
-回来 -把它...
- Come back! - Give it...
你刚搬进来吗
Have you just moved in?
不是 看起来像吗
No. Does it look like it?
一点也不
Not at all.
你为什么一直盯着地板
Why do you keep looking at the floor?
我... 我从没住过一个哪里都没地毯的房♥子
I... I've never lived in a house without carpets everywhere.
感觉如何
What's it like?
没想象中那么激动
Not as exciting as one might think.
你从缝里掉过东西下去吗
Do you ever lose things down the cracks?
额... 你以前的工作没怎么接触孩子
Erm... you haven't worked much with children before.
只给邻居们带过孩子
Just the baby-sitting for my neighbours.
额... 那你为什么来应聘呢
Er... so, why did you reply to the ad?
我想搬到伦敦来
I wanted to move to London.
什么理由你觉得我适合这份工作
Was there a reason you thought I'd be good for the job?
我觉得该反过来 你告诉我理由
I think the way it works is, you're supposed to tell me.
确实 不过要是我资历尚浅是个问题
Yes, but if my lack of experience is a problem,
你却还想面试我 那么...
you wanted to interview me, anyway, so...
你照顾过老人
Ah! You've worked a lot with old people.
是的 在一家养老院里
Ahem! Yes, in a care home.
嗯哼 我对这点很感兴趣
Mm-hm. I was interested in that.
我们经常玩宾果游戏
Well, um... we played a lot of bingo
有个疯女人会每周去一次养老院
and once a week, a slightly mad lady used to come
唱薇拉·琳恩的歌♥[英国传奇女歌♥星]
and she'd sing Vera Lynn songs.
不 不是这些 老人们经常生病吗
No, no. Um... were they sick a lot?
医疗急救之类的经历有吗
Medical emergencies and so on?
当然有
Well, yes, of course.
一般急救类都会
Yeah. All the usual.
接触过的病例越严重越好
The worse the better.
是的
Right.
因为我家有很多紧急情况
Because we have a lot of emergencies here.
小乔 我在招工广♥告♥里提到 他身体不太好
Joe, I mentioned in the ad, he has some medical issues.
我不是训练过的护士
Well, I'm not a trained nurse.
问题就在于 我不需要训练过的护士
I don't need a trained nurse, that's the thing. Um...
小乔大部分时间都很健康
Joe's healthy most of the time.
我需要的是个不会大惊小怪的保姆
What I need is a nanny that doesn't flap.
我能说的是 我♥干♥得来 也不会害怕
Well, all I can say is, I'm capable and I wouldn't be afraid.
很好... 你真得喜欢孩子吗
Good. Ah, well, um... Well, do you actually like children?
如果我不喜欢 现在也不该说出来 不是吗
Well, if I didn't, it'd be a silly time to say so, wouldn't it?
-你会做饭吗 -我尽力试试
- Can you cook? - I have a bash.
-你在谦虚吗 -没有
- Are you being modest? - No.
你能试着做什么
What sort of thing do you bash at?
要是手感好的话 我能做很棒的果馅饼
On a good day, I can cook a very nice flan, for example.
小乔吃不了难嚼的东西 他会噎住的
Joe can't eat anything too chewy, or he chokes.
手感坏的话 就会很难嚼
Well, it's only chewy on a bad day.
好吧 你不能经常手感坏
Well, you can't afford many bad days.
你做得了吗
Could you cope?
我是说
Well, I mean,
我不想你现在就把他丢给我
I wouldn't want you to leave him with me this minute,
但我想你会给我指示
but I'm presuming you'd give me instructions,
我会逐字不落得执行
and I'd follow them to the letter.
-小乔 你个骗子 -噢
- You're such a cheater, Joe! - Oh!
他又作弊 跟以往一样 总之我打了他
He cheated, as usual! I beat him, anyway.
我是阿森纳队[英超足球队] 我才不介意输球
I was Arsenal, so I didn't mind losing.
你撒谎 你个混♥蛋♥ 你是西汉姆联队[英超足球队]
Oh, you lying, bloody bastard! You were West Ham!
你才是西汉姆联队 运气真坏啊 所以你刚刚把自己的球队打败了
You were West Ham, bad luck. So you just beat your own team.
他怎么作弊的
How does he cheat?
你是谁
Who are you, actually?
这是妮娜
This is Nina.
她可能会是你们的新保姆
She might be your new nanny.
-她会的 -没那么快
- She'll do. - Not so fast.
-她哪里不好了 -我们还不了解她呢
- What's wrong with her? - We don't know anything about her.
-大概妈妈了解 -她只知道很无聊的东西
- Mum does, presumably. - She'll only know boring stuff.
总之 你们先聊
Anyway, I'll leave you to it.
我答应过他们 他们能面试所有的保姆
I promised them they can interview all prospective nannies.
是他们跟你相处
They're the ones who have to get on with you.
"我不知道他们要问我什么
'I didn't know what they were going to ask me.
我以为可能是家庭纪律 或是蛋挞之类的事"
'I thought it'd be about discipline and custard and so on.'
你是处♥女♥吗
Are you a virgin?
"你都能想象到 这个开场白也太搞笑了"
'Which got us off to a tricky start, as you can imagine.'
跟你无关 下个问题
Not your business. Next question.
你觉得这意味着她是 还是不是
Do you think that means she is, or she isn't?
-你多大 -二十
- How old are you? - I'm 20.
她现在应该不是处♥女♥了
She shouldn't be by now,
如果她不告诉我们 就意味着她是
so if she's not telling us, it means she is.
"你会怎么说
'I mean, what would you have said?
如果你是我"
'If you were me, that is.'
请换个问题
Move on, please.
-你最喜欢的冰淇淋口味是什么 -草莓味
- What's your favourite ice-cream flavour? - Strawberry.
-这是作弊 妈妈告诉她了 -不 她没有
- This is a fix. Mum's told her. - No, she hasn't.
真的 只有三种口味 没人会说香草的
There's only three, really, and no-one ever says vanilla.
-喜欢斯塔斯基还是哈金森 -你真得在意吗
- Starsky or Hutch? - Do you really care?
当然
Exactly!
你希望哪只队伍能在"体育问题"里获胜
Which team do you want to win on A Question Of Sport?
我得承认 这是个好问题
I have to admit, that is a good question.
有哪些队伍
Mm. What are the teams?
威利·卡森队和比尔·博蒙特队
Willie Carson or Bill Beaumont!
如果有帮助的话 我选卡森队 他站博蒙特队
If it helps, I'm Carson, he's Beaumont.
真的 帮助不大 我还是跳过这个问题吧
It doesn't help, really. I think I'll stay out of this one.
好吧 你支持哪只足球队
All right, then, which football team do you support?
我不懂足球