当你想象自己在帐篷里
What is it when you start thinking you're in a tent
驻扎在撒哈拉沙漠中心
in the middle of the Sahara and Bergerac
贝尔热拉克开始胡言乱语
puts his head through the flap?
神经错乱
Delirious?
别演过头就行
Don't overdo it.
他怎么样了
How's he doing?
老样子
Um, about the same.
或许有些好转
Maybe a little better.
-以前发生过吗 -是的
- This has happened before? - Yes,
他的身体状况显示
his condition means he's
体温会突然升高
suddenly prone to very high temperatures.
卢卡斯·邦特 猫胖子
Lucas Bunt, the big fat runt.
-他说什么 -没什么 废话罢了
- What's he saying? - Oh, it's just rubbish.
卢卡斯·邦特 肥肥的大圆球
Lucas Bunt, the big fat runt!
卢卡斯是他的猫
Lucas is the family cat.
你很快就能见到卢卡斯了 小家伙
You'll be seeing Lucas later, old chap.
不 卢克斯已经走了...
No, Lucas gone...
我们刚把卢卡斯借给别人养几天
We just lent Lucas to someone else for a couple of days.
借给了一个孤独老太太 她刚失去了最好的朋友
A lonely old woman who's just lost her best friend.
-一只猫 -只是借借而已吗
- A cat. - Just borrowed?
好好说话
Oh, speak properly.
我知道他病了 可他能好好说话
I know he's ill, but he can do better than that.
好吧... 对孩子的要求在任何时候都不能松啊
Well... I'm sure high standards are important at all times.
下周再来这儿好吗
Can we see him again after the weekend?
那时卢卡斯就会回来了
Lucas will be back by then.
我病也肯定会好起来
I'll be feeling much better, I'm sure.
我是认真在讲牛仔的事
I'm not joking about the Buckaroo.
能别再说这个了吗
Oh, will you let it go?
我们答应你去跟老太太要回猫了 这还不够吗
Isn't it enough we've agreed to mug an old lady?
勃朗宁太太在学校的集市摆了个玩具摊
Mrs Browning was running the toy stall at the school fair.
她会记住是谁买♥♥了它
She'll remember who bought it.
你为什么不直接要个新的牛仔当生日礼物
Why don't you just ask for a new Buckaroo for your birthday?
那太浪费了 我从来不玩它
It would be a waste of a present. I never played it.
你对那只猫从来不感兴趣
You showed no interest in that cat, ever.
你上次喂它是什么时候
When was the last time you fed him?
我爱它 他是我们家的一员
I love him! He's a member of the family.
我们不能把家庭成员送走
You can't just give away members of the family.
起初他们追杀共♥产♥主义者
Hmm, first they came for the socialists
我没说话 因为我不是共♥产♥主义者
and I did not speak out because I was not a socialist.
-我以为我们是 -我们不是
- I thought we were. - No,
我是说 你担心你会是下一个被送走的吗
I meant, are you worried you'll be next?
-你不会的 -我也许会哦
- You wouldn't. - I might.
我可能会用你换回卢卡斯
I might give you to the old lady instead of Lucas.
她也会给我改名字吗
Would she change my name?
-可能吧 -如果那样能换回卢卡斯
- Probably. - Well, if it brings Lucas back,
那我就改名叫特雷弗
I'll change my name to Trevor.
顺便说一下 明天
By the way, you are the one
你去敲她家的门
that's going to knock on the door tomorrow
因为是你答应他的
because you're the one that caved in to him.
不要 我雇你是干什么的
No, I'm afraid that's why I employ you.
我是个职业妈妈 很忙的
I'm a busy working mother.
我不能为了要回猫去敲人家的门
I can't be knocking on doors, reclaiming cats.
他很高兴回家 看得出来
He's happy to be home, you can tell.
他比我们更喜欢火鸡肉末
Well, he certainly enjoys the turkey mince... more than we did.
-我们就不用每天晚上都吃了 -其实我们还得接着吃
- We don't have to have it every night. - Actually, we do.
番茄酱能更好地
My own view is that it's more successful disguised
掩盖它的味道
in a Bolognese sauce.
谢谢你的建议
Thank you for that.
-我以为你喜欢建议呢 -你为什么这么觉得
- Oh, I thought you liked feedback. - Why did you think that?
麦克斯 你想在大学挑战赛之前举办一个牛仔比赛吗
Max, do you fancy a game of Buckaroo before University Challenge?
我们还是只玩一次就好了
I suppose we might as well play it once.
我不清楚他的病是怎么好的 但确实是痊愈了
Well, I couldn't see how that was going to work but it has.
这猫是哪里来的
Where did you get it from?
它是被佩顿太太回绝的候选猫
It's Mrs Peyton's rejected candidate.
什么 这只甲状腺肿大叫不出声的猫
What, the one with the adenoids that can't purr?
它的主人都不敢相信我们想要它
Mm-hm. The owners could not believe that we wanted it.
-我们不想要 -他根本不像卢卡斯
- We don't. - He doesn't look anything like Lucas.
-他们居然相信了
- I can't believe they've fallen for it.
-他们知道不是他
- They know it's not him.
-真的 -是啊 他们又不是傻瓜
- Really? - Yeah, they're not idiots.
他们为什么假装信了
Why are they pretending, then?
乔知道他不能让那老太太伤心
Well, Joe knew he couldn't break that old lady's heart
他还想让你相信他尽力了
and wanted to give you credit for making the effort.
他心思真复杂
That's quite complicated.
人就是这样的
People are.
我对"还乡"的理解有了突破
I've had a breakthrough with Return Of The Native.
-我改变主意了 -改变什么主意
- I've changed my mind. - About what?
-哈迪 书 全部的事
- Hardy, books, the whole caboodle.
你得去了解别人的想法
You have to interpret people.
你不可能总能知道发生什么
You don't always know what's going on.
他们说些什么 做些什么
There's what they say and then there's what they do
总有深层次的东西存在
and then there's the stuff underneath,
文学就是关于那些深层次的东西
and literature is about the stuff underneath.
没想到我的指点这么快就起作用了
I hadn't expected my prescription to work so quickly.
老实说 可能也没用
Or at all, frankly.
不管怎样 谢谢你 我接下来该读什么呢
Well, thanks a lot. Anyway, what should I read next?
也许你该试着读"无名的裘德"
Erm, maybe you should try Jude The Obscure.
带着你的新见解阅读
Read it with your new clever eyes.
-是关于什么的 -跟哈迪的书一样
- Who's that by? - That's another Hardy.
对了 我发现他有点像火鸡肉末
Oh, right. He's a bit like turkey mince, I find
你也偶尔放松一下吧
you need a break every now and again.
如果你想的话 就请她进来
Ask her in if you have to.
别老是在门口站着 净说些胡话
Don't stand on the doorstep all day talking about this rubbish!
"不管怎样 哈迪的作品在于
'Anyway, the thing about Hardy
他总是写一些普通人的事 佃农之类的...
'is that he writes about ordinary people, peasants and so on...
像乔西阿姨那样的人
'people like Auntie Josie, I suppose
他赋予了他们内心世界
'Cand he gives them this inner life.
很难想象乔西阿姨居然有内心世界 是不是
'It's hard to imagine Auntie Josie with an inner life, isn't it?
但哈迪好像觉得她是有的
'But Hardy seems to think she may have one.
简而言之
'To cut a long story short,
乔西阿姨和托马斯·哈迪带我
Auntie Josie and Thomas Hardy have led me,
走上了一条迂回的道路 做出一个重大决定
'in a roundabout way, to a big decision.
我决定学A等课程
'I'm going to take an A level.
天哪 爱你 妮娜
'Blimey! Love, Nina.
"顺便一提 乔治说她总是踩到一块松掉的铺路板
'PS, George says she keeps being ambushed by a loose paving slab
就在家附近的月牙状路基上
'on the crescent near the house.
我把它涂成了红色 这样她就不会再踩上去了
'I painted it red so she wouldn't trip on it any more...'
妈的
Fuck!
但我涂错了"
'.. but I painted the wrong one.'
妮娜
Nina!