是麦克斯的错 我只是跟着他过去
It was Max's fault. I just went along with it.
我们该怎么弥补呢
Well, how are we going to make it up to him?
这样他不用每晚过来喝茶了 是吧
He doesn't need to come for his tea every night, does he? I mean,
我们之前给他做了上千次晚饭
we've already made it up to him by cooking him 1,000 dinners.
这就算是弥补他
Before it even happened.
我们是他的家人
We're his family.
而你的行为让他像是孤儿般
Your behaviour has made him an orphan.
太过分了 我们毁了他的生活
That's terrible! We've destroyed his life!
反正是妮娜干的
Well, Nina has, anyway.
还有 你怎么和清洁工吵起来了
And how have you fallen out with the cleaner already?
-我吗 -她说你拿她当个土包子
- Have I? - She told me you treat her like a peasant.
从她的英语水平来看
There was a misunderstanding
这里有点误会
about the amount of English she speaks.
她都不想在这干了
She didn't want to work here, you know.
我劝过她了 你悠着点
I really had to persuade her. So be careful.
她弄丢了我一本谢默斯·希尼的书
She lost my Seamus Heaney, though.
这怎么了 再买♥♥一本啊
So? Buy another one.
我的笔记都在上面 再过三天就考试了
It's got all my notes in it and the exam is in three days.
在这种时候 我都会对孩子们说
Well, what I say to the boys in situations like these is,
"东西在屋子的某处"
"It's in the house somewhere".
是的 可我就是不明白你的意思
Yes, I never understand what you mean.
妮娜 你有三个任务 找到你的书
So, Nina, you have three jobs. You have to find your book,
解决马尔科姆的事
you have to make things right with Malcolm,
还有你要是不好好对玛丽亚·费尔南达...
and if you don't make things right with Maria-Fernanda...
我还得通过A等课程考试
I've got to pass an A level, too.
那不重要了
That is extracurricular.
有些冲突
Paradoxically.
要干的事还不少 就像普塞克的四个任务一样
That's quite a list. It's like the Four Tasks of Psyche.
你这是在卖♥♥弄学识吗
Is it really, or are you just showing off?
不 只是联想到
No, it's relevant.
你总能从古神话故事中学点什么
You can always learn something from the old myths.
讲一个你学到的知识
Name one thing you've learned from a myth.
很多人都会说 别放弃
most of them say, you know, never give up.
这个能从"淘汰赛"里学到[英国的竞赛娱乐节目]
You can learn that from watching It's A Knockout.
好吧 普塞克 他的任务是什么
Anyway, Psyche. What were his tasks?
普塞克是女的
Psyche was a she.
开头不错 我一直以为那是个男名
Well, that's a good start. I always thought it was a he.
"男性心理"好多人都研究这个词条不是吗 [Psyche也指心理]
"The male psyche." That's what people say, isn't it?
当然 也有女性心理这个说法
Yeah, there's the female psyche, too, though.
那么 继续说她
Let's stick with her, then.
她第一个任务是
I think her first task was sorting
把一堆种子分类 分成几堆
a load of seeds into different piles.
这任务根本无法完成 可有只蚂蚁帮了忙
It was supposed to be impossible, but an ant helped her.
-一只吗 -是吧 如果你要继续这么挑剔的话
- One ant? - Yeah. If you're going to pick apart the Greek myths,
我就不提细节的事了
I wouldn't begin with ant numbers.
这些昆虫不碍事 我要继续听
Insects aren't going to get me out of these, though, are they?
那么... 还有什么任务
So, um... what else was there?
她还要从公羊身上剪取金羊毛
She had to get some golden wool off some rams
还得去某个地方获得美容霜
and some, you know, beauty cream stuff from somewhere.
-应该不是去博姿[英国美容及护肤品牌] -去地狱
- Presumably not Boots. - The Underworld.
这和周六去博姿买♥♥东西 一回事
Same thing, if she went to Boots on Saturday.
我还记得 她还要去哪里取些水
And she had to get some water from somewhere, I remember that.
-水吗 -不是自来水 是种特殊的水
- Water? - Well, it wasn't tap water, it was special water.
而且无法抵达取水的地方
Drawn from a place that's impossible to get to.
所以这些任务的意义是什么 她能得到什么
What were the point of all these tasks? Where did they get her?
我觉得都是和性有关
I think it was all about sex.
每部文学作品你都这么说
You say that about every piece of literature.
因为每部作品都和性有关
Because every piece of literature is about sex!
除了蝇王
Apart from Lord of the Flies.
所以 没有一个任务对她有好处吗
So, none of these tasks got her anywhere?
你希望我说什么
What do you want me to say?
我希望你能说 自从普塞克和蚂蚁做了朋友
I want you to say that after Psyche had befriended the ants
买♥♥了保湿霜后
and bought the moisturiser,
她老板决定不炒她鱿鱼
her boss decided not to fire her
她就不用回莱斯特
and she didn't have to go back to Leicester.
还通过A等课程考试 上大学
And she passed her A level, went to college.
然后就... 我也不知道
And then... I don't know,
清楚自己想要的生活 明白自己的立场之类的
sorted out her love life, knew where she stood, sort of thing.
恐怕她还是被流放到了莱斯特
She was banished to Leicester, I'm afraid.
不过靠外边点 在曼斯菲尔德
Just outside, actually. Mansfield.
说好的别放弃呢
What happened to never give up?
我开始觉得
Now I come to think of it,
那应该是别人的故事
I think that was the myth of somebody else.
我总是走到交税这一步 我才不交呢
I always land on Income Tax! I'm not going to pay.
你不能这么做 乔治 告诉他
You can't do that! George, tell him!
-闭嘴 麦克斯 -你闭嘴
- Cock off, Max! - You cock off!
有黄蜂
Wasp!
他太心机了 他是故意的
That was so deliberate! He did it on purpose!
-好了 大家 淡定 -麦克斯 你知道我讨厌黄蜂
- All right, everybody, calm down. - You know I hate wasps, Max!
没错 大家都讨厌黄蜂
Yeah, nobody likes them.
我更讨厌黄蜂
I hate them more than anybody!
-在那 -我来 我来
- There! - I'll get it, I'll get it!
拍死它 拍死它 拍死它
Kill him! Kill him! Kill him!
-拍死黄蜂 拍死它 -拍死黄蜂 拍死它
- Kill the wasp! - Kill him! - Kill the wasp! - Kill him!
拍死黄蜂 拍死黄蜂
Kill the wasp! Kill the wasp!
-太棒了 -好身手
- Yes! - Good shot.
你还想继续玩的话
If you want to carry on playing,
那把地上的都捡起来
you're going to have to pick this all up.
我才不想玩了
I don't want to carry on playing!
找到书了
Found me book.
一只昆虫
An insect.
没错 普塞克 还有什么任务
Right, Psyche, what else have you got for me?
我们有金色的东西吗
What do we have that's golden?
-金黄糖浆 -不 我是说 金色的...
- Golden syrup. - No, I mean, golden...
其实 这个提议不错
Actually, that's rather brilliant.
求和解
Peace offering.
-谢谢 -糖浆塔 你的最爱
- Thank you. - Treacle tart, your favourite.
用金黄糖浆做的
Made with golden syrup, which was
这是我找到和金羊毛最相近的东西了
as close as I could get to the Golden Fleece.
为什么要和金羊毛♥相♥近
Why did you need to get close to the Golden Fleece?
我还想到了更好的办法
I'd have thought the further away the better,
送布丁
when it comes to puddings.
妮娜的四个任务 就像普塞克的四个任务
The Four Tasks of Nina, like the Four Tasks of Psyche.
我找到了我的书 你是我的第二个任务
I've found my book, you're second on the list.
非常感谢 可我不喜欢你把和解当任务来做
I don't want to be a task, thank you very much.
还有 我怎么不是第一个
And, anyway, why wasn't I first?
多亏了黄蜂 碰巧找到我的书
I found my book by accident, via a wasp.
你是我主动尝试去完成的任务
You are my first deliberate attempt at task-solving.
对不起 害你被误会了
I'm sorry I let the others accuse you.
对不起 我跟着麦克斯怀疑你
I'm sorry I went along with Max's suspicions.
麦克斯
Max?
对不起 我被证据误导了
I'm sorry I was misled by the evidence.
没有什么证据
Well, there was no evidence.
好吧 对不起 因为斯蒂布没及时澄清
Well, I'm sorry Stibbe didn't come clean quicker, then.
-乔治呢 -她在工作
- Where's George? - She's at work.
她希望你今晚能来吃饭
She wants you to come for supper tonight.
我已经买♥♥了块鳕鱼肉
I've already bought myself a piece of cod.
现在还有了个布丁
And now I've got a pudding.
那... 请到55号♥品尝糖浆塔吧
Er... the tart will be served at Number 55.
太好了 终于解决了
I'm glad that's over with.
真得很好吃 妮娜
Oh! Oh! It's just very good, Nina.
我得说 希腊神话真是了不起
I have to say, Greek myths are marvellous.
很睿智 也很有趣实用
They're clever, but they're fun and practical, too.
那希腊人应该把它们做成电视节目
Mm. That's how the Greeks should advertise them on television.
那么 接下来的任务是什么
So, what's next?
-玛利亚·费尔南达 -你的任务是让她喜欢你吗
- Maria Fernanda. - Mm. And is your task to make her like you?
你怎么知道的
How did you know?
你俩要一起共事 我就知道这么多
Well, you've got a job on, I know that much.
玛利亚·费尔南达讨厌妮娜已经尽人皆知了吗
Hm. Maria Fernanda's hatred for Nina is well-known?
街上大家都知道而已 你到底做了什么
Well, only in the street. So, what on earth have you done?