剧集 | 传说(2017) | 导航列表
which then became the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
喷推实验室
JPL.
如果人类真能把什么东西发射出去探索宇宙
If we ever get something out probing the universe,
那必须得感谢我们这帮喷推实验室的小伙子
you gotta give us boys at JPL some credit.
我们在峡谷把老弗的天使发射出去之后
Once we launched Frankie's angel in the canyon,
他们就不再嘲笑我们了 开始让我们
they stopped laughing and told us to start launching
在加州理工外面的实验基地发射
at a test facility outside Caltech.
大多数情况下 我们的火箭还没离开♥发♥射坪就炸了
Most of the time, our rockets blew up on the launchpad.
所以他们开始叫我们自杀小分队
So they started calling us the Suicide Squad.
我喜欢这个称呼
I liked that.
我的天啊
Oh, my God, man.
1936年11月13日
不 我没骗你们
That is...No, that's not cod.
-真是荒唐 -好了
- Ridiculous. - Okay.
起来 加把劲 走吧
Come on, let's do this. We gotta go.
这是第三个掉下来的了
That's the third one down.
今天就先算了吧
We should call it a day.
反正第四个也得炸
Fourth rocket's just gonna blow up, too,
为什么还要费心
so what's the point?
因为我们可以 杰克
Because we can. Jack?
等等 让我试点别的
Hold on, let me try something.
杰克 现在好像不是时候
Oh, uh, Jack... maybe... maybe not now.
我的愿望是证明自己
My will is manifest.
我的愿望是飞行
My will is flight.
我的愿望是证明自己
My will is manifest.
我的愿望是飞行
My will is flight.
我的愿望是证明自己
My will is manifest.
我的愿望是飞行
My will is flight.
我的愿望是证明自己
My will is manifest.
我的愿望是飞行
My will is flight.
这是个咒语
It-It's a spell.
对 他...他就是会这样
Yep, that's, uh... that's his thing.
别管他了
Just let him.
-真的吗 -真的
- Seriously? - Yeah.
我们开始这个项目的时候 有人相信
When we started this, did anybody believe
我们能发射火箭吗
we could launch a rocket? Huh?
来吧
Come on.
我的愿望是证明自己
My will is manifest.
我的愿望是飞行
My will is flight.
我的愿望是证明自己
My will is manifest.
努伊特 我恳求你
Nuit, I beseech you!
该成功的自然会成功
If it works, boys, it works.
它也确实成功了
And, boy, did it work.
在爆♥炸♥之前一直很成功
Right up until it didn't.
如我所说 我还在研究我的航♥天♥咒语
Like I said, I was still learning my spellcraft.
可然后 30米高的地方...
But then, 100 feet up...
你们看见她了吗
Did you see her?
谁
Who?
她 红色的那个
Her. I-In red.
哪个她
Her who?
她...
Her...
这也太扯淡了
Th-This is crazy.
这世上根本没有魔法
There's no such thing as magic.
五年前这世上还没有火箭呢
And five years ago, there was no such thing as rockets.
想象终将成为现实
Fiction becomes fact.
小艾
E-Eddie.
哥们 我只看到
Look, man, all I saw
这支火箭升空 爆♥炸♥
was a rocket go up, explode,
然后掉了下来 你懂的 重力嘛
then come back down. You know, gravity.
重力 我们至少都认同重力吧
Gravity. W-We can all agree on gravity, at least, right?
我不太能理解你的这什么咒语
I'm not so sure about this whole spell thing.
太幼稚了 杰克
It's childish, Jack.
或许你应该把你的魔法用到别的事情上
You know, maybe you should find something else for your magic.
我只看到了红色 可我却感觉到了...
I only saw red, but I felt...
她的存在
her.
加州 帕萨迪纳市
1922年6月17日
那个时候我只有八岁
I was only eight.
我知道科学是我在寻找的一部分
I knew science was part of what I was looking for.
还有那些会成为现实的科学幻想
And science fiction that would become science fact.
但我还是需要点别的东西...
But still, something more was needed...
魔法学 咒语
Magick. Spells.
那些书页中藏匿着真♥相♥
There was truth in those pages.
魔法学中藏有真♥相♥
Truth in magick.
但这还不够
But that wasn't enough.
我打开了一扇窗 看见了恶魔和天使
I had opened a window and seen a devil and an angel.
但我需要的不止是一扇窗
But I needed more than a window.
那个时候 我还不知道这意味着什么
At the time, I didn't know what that meant.
这扇窗要通向何处
A window to what? To where?
我漏掉了一些东西
I was missing something
可是却找不出到底是什么
and couldn't figure out what.
我的家 帕森之家
My home. The Parsonage.
是画家 追随者和信徒的避风港
A haven for artists, followers and believers.
在读完人生中第一份《秋分》杂♥志♥之后
After I read my first Equinox magazine,
我开始写信给泰勒玛宗教的领袖
I started writing letters to the leader of the Thelema Church,
阿莱斯特·克劳利
Aleister Crowley.
阿莱斯特·克劳利被称作是世界上最神秘的人
Aleister Crowley was known as the wickedest man in the world.
爱即律法 爱不敌意志
谨上 魔鬼
"行汝意志"是他最崇尚的法则
"Do what thou wilt" was his driving mantra.
他认为所有人都应当遵从自己的真实意志
He believed that all people had to follow their true Will,
意志超越一切
with a capital "W".
他对意志的信念促使他以此为基础
He believed it so much that he created an entire religion
创立了一个宗教
around that simple concept,
更从其他宗教教义中吸取了理念
taking ideas from a bunch of other religions:
结合犹太教 基♥督♥教 古典希腊教
Judaism, Christianity, Classical Grecian
以及许多其他异教和埃及诸神
and a whole ton of Paganism mixed with Egyptian gods
创造了他自己的全新精神哲学
to create his brand-new spiritual philosophy
泰勒玛
called Thelema.
他主持了诺斯替弥撒
He presided over a Gnostic mass,
有点像罗马天主教弥撒
which was a lot like Roman Catholic mass
不过崇拜不同的神
but aimed at different gods.
而性则是圣礼
And sex was a sacrament.
要是让我说的话
Better than eating a piece of bread
这总比吃什么代替上帝血肉的面包要强
that was supposed to be the flesh of God, if you ask me.
媒体不知该如何评价这个男人
Press didn't know what to make of the guy
和他的新宗教
and his new religion,
所以他们称之为魔鬼崇拜 就不再细究
so they named it devil worship and called it a day.
但它远不止如此
But it was so much more than that.
比起撒旦性邪教 泰勒玛更偏向于埃及哲学
Thelema was more Egyptian philosophy than Satanic sex cult.
我24岁时正式入教
I officially converted when I was 24.
这个决定并不难做 性强过食人
Easy choice. Sex over of cannibalism.
"启迪人心
"Thrice Illuminated,
"显赫万分
"Thrice Illustrious
"亲爱的弟兄"
and very dear Brother."
我没有亲眼见过那个人
I never actually met the guy,
一辈子都没见过
not even once in my entire life,
但直到1947年他过世之前
but we corresponded so many times,
我们通过无数封书信
right up until he died in 1947,
仿佛我就在伦敦 在他的身边
that I felt like I was there in London
或是他就在好莱坞 就在我的身边
or he was here in Hollywood with me.
魔法学
Magick.
这就是你的意志吗 杰克
Is that your Will, Jack?
魔法学
Magick?
还有科学
And science.
一个也不能少 它们必须相辅相成
Together. They must be together.
魔法学是意志
Magick is Will.
泰勒玛是意志
Thelema is Will.
而科学则完全遵循另一套法则
Science is held to different laws.
你不能用意志使火箭升空
You cannot Will a rocket into space.
但我确实做到了
Oh, but I did.
接着说
Go on.
与深渊混为一体的怪物 泰勒玛将其称为试炼者 其存在目的为抹杀外来者的全部
就像我八岁的时候召唤出了车伦佐一样
剧集 | 传说(2017) | 导航列表