剧集 | 传说(2017) | 导航列表
本剧由真实事件改编
美国加州 帕萨迪纳市
1952年6月17日
这是一个疯狂科学家的故事
This is a tale of a mad scientist.
也是我最后一次
And the last time I tried to solve
对解开宇宙奥秘的尝试
the mysteries of the universe.
它好像37分钟之前就已经落到了地上
I think it hit the ground 37 minutes ago,
但是我的大脑还没有跟上
but my mind hasn't caught up to that yet.
对我来说 它还在下坠
For me, it's still falling.
是瞬间的坠落
Falling for that second.
还是永恒的坠落
Or falling for an eternity.
我也不知道了
I can't tell anymore.
美国加州 帕萨迪纳市
1922年6月17日
试图解开宇宙的奥秘
Tried to solve the mysteries of the universe?
成功
Succeeded.
那是我最后一次成功
The last time I succeeded
打破时间和空间进入另一个次元
and broke through time and space into another dimension.
但那是结局
But that's the end.
而我是个傻子 明明应该从头开始
And I'm a fool, starting at the end,
我却选择从结局开始讲起
when I should begin at the beginning.
我的开始
My beginning.
看见那个小孩了吗
That kid right there?
那是我
That's me.
杰克·帕森斯
Jack Parsons.
八岁
Age eight.
我喜欢数学
I liked math.
也特别擅长数学
And I was damn good at it.
但是我酷爱魔法学
But I loved magick.
真真正正的魔法学
Honest-to-God magick.
打破次元壁
Breaking dimensional barriers,
注入能量 召唤恶魔
infusing power and summoning demons.
恶魔现身
Choronzon be.
入我身躯
Vessal I.
恶魔现身
Choronzon be.
入我身躯
Vessal I.
恶魔现身
Choronzon be.
我知道 听起来有点扯淡
I know. It sounds crazy.
但如果我说我帮助发明了第一批
Would it make you feel better knowing that I helped create
用于太空探索的火箭会不会好一点...
the first rockets made for space exploration...
在那个即使只是说出这几个词
...at a time when even saying that would get you
都会像说要召唤恶魔一样
laughed out of a room full of scientists
惹得满屋子科学家哄堂大笑的年代
as fast as saying I summoned the devil?
这两者在1922年都等同于科幻小说
Both equally science fiction in 1922.
还不够
Not good enough?
给我30秒 我就能向你证明
Give me 3O seconds and I will prove it to you.
用科学的方式
Scientifically.
证实恶魔的存在
A demon.
[咒语]
Cha El mi.
[咒语]
Cha El mi.
[咒语]
Cha El mi.
[咒语]
Cha El mi.
[咒语]
Cha El mi.
是这样的 我现在没多少时间
The thing is, I don't have a lot of time right now,
因为我把烧杯掉在地上了
because I dropped the beaker.
所以我需要你展开思维
So I need you to open your mind
更加深入地聆听
and listen just a little bit deeper
进入席卷宇宙的潮汐之中
to the tides that roll across the universe.
进入我的脑海
Step inside my mind.
虽然这个故事从地狱开始...
And though this story starts in hell...
却在天堂终结
...it ends in heaven.
传 说
第二季 第六集
[本季终]
美国加州 阿罗约萨科峡谷
1936年3月4日
杰克 还要多久
Hey, Jack. How much longer?
我可不想发射的时候被炸到
I prefer not to blow myself up when it launches.
所以不如再等我五分钟吧 小艾
So maybe give me five more minutes, Eddie?
嗨 嗨 如果我能给自己吹♥箫♥...
Hey, hey, hey, hey, if I could blow myself...
艾德华 注意用词
Edward, language.
我们又不是水手
We're not sailors.
你确定吗 老弗
You sure about that, Frankie? Huh?
太空水手
Space sailors.
我们真准备给它们起这么个名吗
Huh. Is that what we're gonna call them?
你还有更好的主意吗
You got a better idea?
宇宙旅行者也不错吧
Well, cosmos travelers, maybe.
太空水手
Space sailors, man.
杰克说的没错 宇航员
Meh. Jack's right. Cosmonauts.
你 弗兰克 真的吗
Oh, you, Frank? Really?
你不是不相信
Thought you didn't believe
我们可以从地球到达月球吗
we could go from the Earth to the Moon.
我可没说我想去
I didn't say I wanted to go.
我只是想要一枚能去的火箭
I want a rocket that will.
别以为儒勒·凡尔纳[科幻小说家]说
And just because Jules Verne says
我们能够穿越太空 就表示我们真的能
We can travel through space doesn't mean we can.
这样吧哥们 等我上了月球
Yeah, well, I tell you what, pal, when I get to the Moon,
会给你寄明信片的
I'll send you a postcard.
咱今天还能发射吧
We're doin' this today, right?
能能能 你个棒槌
Yeah, yeah, you jackass.
搞...定
All...done.
你离得有点近啊 小杰杰
You're a little close there, Jackie boy.
没办法 我就从加州理工偷出来这么点
That's all the cord I could sneak out of Caltech.
好歹护住眼睛吧 帕森斯
At least shield your eyes, Parsons.
护住眼睛
Shield my eyes?
那我还怎么看这个美人升空
If I did that, how could I see this beaut take flight?
那场景美得令人目眩
It was a beautiful sight.
看着它越飞越高
Flying higher and higher.
我当时就知道我们一定能让它抵达其他星球
I knew then that we'd make it to the stars.
就像是天使一样
It looks like an angel.
天使
An angel?
我的老天爷 你到底喝的什么酒
Jesus Christ, man, what the hell are you drinking?
我22岁制♥造♥了第一个天使
My first angel at age 22.
比我的第一个恶魔晚了14年
Still 14 years behind my first demon,
但这事儿没必要让我的朋友知道
but my friends didn't need to know that.
从地球直达月球
From the Earth to the Moon.
我成长的那个年代 全都是儒勒·凡尔纳
I grew up in the age of Jules Verne,
《飞侠哥顿》和《巴克·罗杰斯》
Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers.
我还协助了太空项目的诞生
And I helped birth the space program.
20年代 航♥天♥科学还不被认可
You see, in the '20s, rocket science had a faith problem.
有意思吧
Funny, right?
很多聪明人当时并不相信
A lot of very smart people didn't believe
我们能将固体和
that we could create a combination
液体燃料混合 装入金属容器里
of solid and liquid fuel, fused with metal,
使其能够冲破重力的束缚
that could bust through the gravity well.
可我知道我们可以
But I knew we could.
后面嚼口香糖的两位也这样认为
So did those two guys bumping gums back there:
艾德华·福尔曼和弗兰克·马力纳
Edward Forman and Frank Malina.
我们甚至不能老实告诉加州理工的那些科学家
But we couldn't even tell the scientists at Caltech the truth:
我们想把火箭发射到太空中去
that we wanted to launch rockets into space.
因为那些学富五车的人会嘲笑我们
Because those learned men would've laughed at us
就像你嘲笑我之前说我召唤了恶魔一样
the way you laughed at me when I told you I summoned a demon.
所以我是如何得到加州理工的工作的
So how did I get my job at Caltech?
我们有门路
We had an in.
小弗之前在顶尖火箭科学家
Frankie worked for Theodore Von Kérmén,
西奥多·冯·卡门手下干活
a leading rocket scientist.
冯·卡门以前住在匈牙利
Von Kérmén lived in Hungary,
但是1930年 他处于
but in 1930, he got worried
对反智主义崛起的担忧
about the rise of anti-intellectualism
搬来了美国
and took off for America.
对我们来说不错
Good for us.
可纳粹就遭殃了
Not so good for the Nazis.
希♥特♥勒♥已死
冯·卡门负责运营加州理工的航♥空♥实验室
Von Karman ran Caltech's aeronautical lab,
后来变成喷气式飞机实验室
which became Aerojet,
再后来又变成了喷气推进实验室
剧集 | 传说(2017) | 导航列表