剧集 | 传说(2017) | 导航列表
男人 女人 杰米
Men, women, Jamie.
-闭嘴 -不是我就是她 比利
- Stop. - It's me or her, Billy.
她我们还可以解释 可我呢
Her we can explain, but me?
你就得背负着17条人命
That'll be 17 on your conscience,
还会为我们的死而被判处绞刑
and you'll hang for every single one of us.
我主天父 您的力量赋予我们新生
God our Father, Your power brings us to birth.
您的天命指引我们生活
Your providence guides our lives.
应您的召唤 我们归于尘土
And, by your command, we return to dust.
我们得在天亮之前把她弄出去
She needs to be out before the sun's up.
好吧
All right.
现在还没到午夜呢
It's not even midnight yet.
你先休息一两个小时吧 然后...
Urn, rest yourself for an hour or two, and, uh,
我们再把她运出去
we'll move her then, yeah?
我们被指控犯了16起谋杀
We were charged with 16 counts of murder.
是吗 他们是怎么发现的
Interesting. How'd they find out?
这个嘛
Well...
是我告诉他们的
I told them.
什么
What?!
所以我们都要被绞死
So we were both hanged?
也不是
Well... not quite.
那是什么意思
What do you mean, "not quite"?
事情是这样的 廉姆
Well, the thing is, Liam,
我是污点证人
I turned King's evidence.
污点证人
名词 指在英国刑事诉讼中
以对同案犯的指证换取宽大处理
当英国君主为国王时 称作国王的证据
不
No.
我坦白罪行换取了豁免
I confessed in exchange for immunity.
他们想要找个人开刀 我就做了笔交易
They wanted to punish someone, so I made a deal.
那你后来怎么样了
So what happened to you?
没人知道
Nobody knows.
不过我们都知道你后来怎么样了
But we all know what happened to you,
威廉姆·布尔克
William Burke.
是啊 我被吊死了
Yes. I was hanged by the neck until dead.
没错 然后你新鲜且几乎完好的尸体...
Yeah. And then your fresh and mostly pristine corpse...
-几乎完好 -你是爱尔兰人嘛
- Oh, mostly pristine? - Well, you are Irish.
好吧 好吧 继续
Right, right. Carry on.
你的尸体一直保存至今
Your corpse still exists today.
嗒哒
Ta-da!
布尔克和黑尔的谋杀案促使议会
于1832年通过了终止尸体交易的法案
直到今天 威廉姆·布尔克的尸体
To this day, William Burke's body
都还在爱丁堡大学的
is on display for all to see
解剖学博物馆里供人参观
at the University of Edinburgh's Anatomical Museum.
讽刺的是
Ironically, I've become
我成了苏格兰史上最赚钱的尸体
the most lucrative corpse in the history of Scotland.
以科学的名义
In the name of science.
剧集 | 传说(2017) | 导航列表