事后完美反应
Coping mechanism.
你能安静点吗?对不起
Will you be quiet, please? Sorry.
老实说先生,我什么都没做
Honestly, sir, I haven't done nothing. He doesn't have to
没必要听他的,你又不是警♥察♥
empty his pockets for you. You're not the police.
他可能是哦
He might be.
可能会在火车上做卧底,我见过他们
They put them on trains undercover. I've seen 'em.
听着,小偷肯定就在车厢里
Look, the thief is definitely on this carriage.
在没有法律规定情况下,我只想核实一下
In the absence of the law, I just want to check.
我只是想帮助这位女士
I'm only trying to help this lady.
这很合理
That's reasonable enough.
当然是这样
Absolutely it is.
如果他需要脱衣搜身
And if he needs strip-searching,
我的腰包里有凡士林和乳胶手套
I've got some Vaseline and latex gloves in me fanny pack.
她给了我两英镑,我为什么要抢她的钱?
She gave me £2. Why would I rob from her?
这可是最老套的把戏了 什么把戏?
Well, that's the oldest trick in the book. What is?
你还记得斯汀的会计的事吗?
You remember what happened with Sting's accountant?
他以为他们是朋友,却骗了他六百万
He thought they were friends. Scammed him for six mil.
这不是一回事
It's hardly the same thing, Gerry.
他们总是从小做起
They always start small.
我不介意给你看我的包
I don't mind showing you my bags.
啊,这儿,看到了吧
Ah, there you are, you see.
谢谢,一切都很好
SHOUTS: Thank you, sir. It's all perfectly fine.
如果你没什么可隐瞒的,自然没问题
There's nothing to hide if you've got nothing to hide.
对吧?
Huh?
好极了,谢谢
That's great. Thank you.
我还有很多
I do have more.
这...算了吧
That's... HE GASPS ...fine.
你不想检查一下吗?
Don't you want to check them?
不,没关系
No, it's OK.
我相信你
I trust you.
如果我是你,不会这么做的,女生
I wouldn't if I were you, miss.
耳机都没连上
WHISPERS: Not plugged in.
我们不介意被搜身,对吧?
We don't mind being searched, do we, Edith?
嗯,是的,但是...
Well, yes, but...
只是为了排除嫌疑
Just to rule ourselves out.
我们去过剧院
We've been to the theatre.
我们喜欢吉尔伯特和沙利文,我们不是流氓
We enjoy Gilbert and Sullivan. We're not hoodlums.
老实说,你不必这样做,没关系的
Honestly, you don't have to, it's fine.
里面有多少钱?
Did you have much money in it?
不多,但银行卡都在里面
No, not much. But all my cards.
好吧,别...别用卡
Well, don't... don't use cards.
为什么没人听我说?
Why will no-one listen to me about this?
还有一张我父亲的照片...
And a photograph of my father which...
我不想失去它
TEARFULLY: I wouldn't want to lose that.
好吧,听着,我很乐意配合
Well, look, I am happy to comply
并证明我没有拿它
and show that I haven't got it.
伊迪丝?伊迪丝
Edith? Edith.
嗯...
Um...
这只是一件外套
This is just a car coat,
所以它没有口袋
so it doesn't have pockets,
我的手提包里什么都没有
and there is nothing in my handbag.
嗯,两个苹果核
Well, two apple cores.
看到了吗?
You see?
这才是诚实、正派公民该做的事
That's what honest, decent citizens do.
现在
Now
你会让我检查你的口袋吗?
are you going to let me check your pockets?
谢谢
Thank you.
并不难,不是吗?
Wasn't so hard, was it?
你认为呢,亲爱的,场面有些别致
Speak for yourself, darling. I found it quite erotic.
别这么幼稚
Don't be so childish.
我打赌,你在开车时,没试过把阴♥茎♥夹在两腿之间
Well, I bet you've never tried to keep a tuck with a semi on.
要我跟司机说吗?
Shall I speak to the driver?
告诉他出了点事
Tell him there's been an incident.
好主意,适合当主管部门
Good idea. Proper authorities.
那你的口袋呢,总督察?
What about your pockets, Chief Inspector?
我们能看看吗?
Can we look in them?
当然
Yes.
当然可以
Of course.
看到了吗?
You see?
没有人可以凌驾于法律之上
No-one is above the law.
你不能为所欲为而不计后果
You can't just do what you want without consequences.
确实,我把邻居家的绣球花剪掉了
That's true. I snipped our neighbour's hydrangeas back
他们出于怨恨,种植了竹子
and they planted bamboo out of spite.
停车道被毁了,是吧
The drive's ruined, isn't it, Gerry?
恐怕是的
I'm afraid so.
这是一种疯狂的行为
It was an act of madness,
而现在,我们生活正在蚕食之中
and now we live with the encroachment.
像九头蛇的牙齿一样,一排排地戳进柏油路面!
Shafts of it poking through the tarmac like Hydra's teeth!
您试过浇开水吗?
Have you tried boiling water?
我们当然有!但没用!
Of course we have! It can't be stopped!
对不起
Sorry.
你在哪工作?
Who you working for?
海顿文法学校,我是一名物理老师
Highton Grammar. I'm a physics teacher.
不,不,不,我不相信他
No, no, no, I don't trust him.
他一直在监视我们
He's been spying on us the whole time.
别傻了
Don't be ridiculous.
你一直在用代码,记录我们的事
Yeah. You've been writing stuff down about us in code.
这是一个多边形字谜
That's a polygon.
是的,看 "演员""假冒""特遣部队"
Yeah! Look "actor", "fake", "task force".
这是一个谜题
It's a puzzle.
你必须用有限的字母组成单词
You have to make words from the letters they give you.
哦,我很擅长这些,让我看看
Oh, I'm good at those, let me see.
你在整理信息,我看到了
You're collating. I see you collating.
整理什么?
Collating what?
数据,对他们来说有更大的阴谋,是吧?
Data. For them. There's a bigger picture, yeah?
是啊,我们都被监视着,你一定知道
Yeah, we're all being monitored. You must know that.
是的,是外星人
Yes! It's aliens.
我也见过他们
I've seen them too.
他们在普雷斯顿的一个公交车站拿我做实验
They experimented on me at a bus stop in Preston.
他们把R2-D2塞进了我的屁♥股♥里
They put an R2-D2 in my bottom.
是按照比例做的
To scale, obviously.
他不是在开玩笑
He's not joking.
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
就在他包里呢
He's got it in that bag.
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
说到包,我们能看看你的包吗?
Speaking of bags, can we see inside yours?
绝对不行
Definitely not.
私人物品
Private property.
其他人都照做了,我说了不行
Everybody else has. I said no.
为什么呢?
Why not?
你有什么可隐瞒的?
What have you got to hide?
滚开,别碰我
Oi, fuck off, man.
真对不起
I'm so sorry.
我...我不是故意给大家带来麻烦的
I... I didn't mean to cause this much upset.
别担心,这不是你的错
Don't worry, it's not your fault.
我只是有点惊讶
I'm just a bit shaken.
我从来没被偷过东西
I've never had anything stolen before.
好吧,我相信警♥察♥能解决这一切
Well, I'm sure the police can sort it all out.
我们会发表声明的,对吧,当然
We'll make a statement, won't we, Gerry? Yes, of course.
对不起,我和警♥察♥没什么好说的
I'm sorry, but I'm not saying shit to the police.
我不会相信他们
I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.
这并不奇怪,不是吗?
Hardly surprising, is it?
你为什么这么说?
Why'd you say that?
哦,不为什么
Oh, no reason.
不,继续,如果你有话要说
No, go on. If you've got something to say,
我觉得你应该说出来
I think you should say it.
我当老师已经25年了
I've been a teacher for 25 years.
我亲眼目睹了人们对权威的尊重日渐消退
I've seen the erosion of respect for authority.
曾几何时,我走进教室
There was a time when I would walk into a classroom
30名学生会立即站起来
and 30 students would stand up immediately.