Not at all.
你相信诅咒吗
Do you believe in curses?
呃 不相信
Er... No.
我的戒指 是盖的戒指
My ring. Guy's ring.
是他妈妈留下来的
His mother left it.
盖五岁不到 他妈妈就离家出走了
She abandoned the family when Guy was barely five.
这可没包含多少爱 对吧
Doesn't speak much of love, does it?
盖的父亲和我父亲是老友
Guy's father and my father are old friends.
我对婚姻的看法可不是他们会考虑的
What I thought of the match was rather low down the list of priorities.
他会是个好丈夫的
He will make a good husband.
那万一我不能做个好妻子呢
What if I don't make a good wife?
西德尼! 西德尼 快来!
Sidney! Sidney, quick!
快!
Quick!
在哪儿 在哪儿
Where is it? Where is it?!
盖 不 我现在就想要回我的东西!
Guy... No, I-I want my property back now!
我们下楼去说 警♥察♥什么都不做
Let's go downstairs. The police aren't doing anything.
我们都知道是他 退后! 我是认真的
We all know it was him. Back off! I'm serious.
混账! 现在下楼去!
Bastard! Downstairs now!
强尼 不!
Johnny, no!
我什么也没偷!
I didn't nick anything!
我谁也没杀!
I didn't kill anyone!
强尼!
Johnny!
哦 这些不是我的 是...
Oh... They're not mine. They're...
是莉莉安的
They're Lilian's.
强尼
Johnny...
我觉得他像个罪犯
He looked like a criminal to me.
是他的额头 强尼有着罪犯的额头!
It's his brow. Johnny's got a criminal brow!
是倾斜的 我的罗尼也是一样
It slopes. My Ronnie's was the same.
那就无可厚非了
Well, that's conclusive, then.
我知道你怎么想的
I know what you're thinking.
可怜的珍和她不切实际的幻想
Poor Jen and her fanciful expectations.
总是爱上错的人 到最后总是失望
Always falling for the wrong sort. Always disappointed in the end.
你对他到底有多了解
How well do you really know him?
你不是应该相信人性本善么 西德尼
You're supposed to think the best of people, Sidney.
他不可能杀了莉莉安的
He couldn't have killed Lilian.
我知道 因为他和我在一起
I know, because he was with me.
他和我一起睡了
He was in bed with me.
她告诉你了 是么
She told you, did she?
上帝保佑她
Bless her.
她觉得这样我就有不在场证明了
She thinks that'll give me an alibi.
但是我们没有整晚在一起
But we weren't together all night.
条子还是会认为我有机会
Old Bill will still think I had opportunity.
所有人都相信是你杀了她 当然了
Everyone believes you killed her. Of course they do.
因为他们一点想象力都没有
Cos they've got no imagination.
你怎么想 我觉得他们错了
And what do YOU think? I think they're wrong.
看到了吧
See?
想象力
Imagination.
你得把我弄出去
You've got to get me out of here.
我尽力吧
I'll do what I can.
上帝保佑你
God bless you.
上帝该保佑的是你 西德尼
God bless YOU, Sidney.
知道么 我被授受圣职以后你是第一个这么说的
Do you know you're the first person since my ordination to say that?
恐怕你这样是徒劳无功 戒指找不回来了
Pointless exercise, I'm afraid. We won't see the ring again.
罪犯最擅长藏东西了
These criminals have a way of making things disappear.
或许在这个玩爵士乐的被抓以后
Perhaps now this jazz fellow's been arrested,
我们都可以把这事忘掉
we can all put this behind us.
我们都乱七八糟的 特别是阿曼达
We've been at sixes and sevens. Amanda especially.
谢天谢地她有盖 非常可靠
Thank goodness she has Guy. Been an absolute rock.
真是个好伙计 哦 是的
Wonderful chap. Oh, he is.
门当户对 你不觉得吗
Excellent match, don't you think?
当然了 是个好人家
Good family, of course.
而且盖也不是那种顽固的老脑筋
Not that Guy's one of those stuffy old-fashioned sorts.
如果她愿意 他会让她继续工作
He'll let her keep her job if she wants that.
她真的很幸运
No, she's lucky.
请容我说一句
If you don't mind my saying,
如果真这么幸运 为什么她看上去却不太高兴
she doesn't seem very happy for someone so lucky.
如果不结婚 她会更不高兴的
She'd be a darn sight unhappier if the marriage doesn't go ahead.
你以前一定见过的
I'm sure you've seen it before.
那种情况只会激起各种不和
Situation like that can cause all sorts of rifts.
让人♥妻♥离子散
Tear a family apart.
我不打扰你了 西德尼
I'll let you get on, Sidney.
以后大概不常能见到你了
Doubt we'll have much call to see you from now on.
可怜的人们
These poor men.
真是悲剧 被酒精折磨成那样
It's tragic, really, what alcohol did to them.
是水果蛋糕吗 是为执事长做的
Is that fruit cake? It's for the archdeacon.
为什么你要为执事长做蛋糕
Why are you making cake for the archdeacon?
不用你管
Never you mind.
你都不为我做蛋糕的
Never make cake for me.
操劳过度了?
Burning the candle at both ends?
我没事
I'm fine.
主啊 希望他的心中不会产生
Grant, Lord, that he may not admit willingly into his soul
任何有悖于汝爱的思想
any thought contrary to thy love.
也希望他搬走地上的书
And that he'll remove those books from the floor,
好让我清理地毯
so that I can get to the carpet.
眼下正在换地毯
We're between carpets at the moment.
你是莉莉安 我是凶手
You're Lilian, I'm the murderer.
我抓着你的项链 我扼住你的脖子
I grab you by the necklace, I strangle you.
我拿走了珠宝 然后把你推下去
I take the jewellery and then I push.
结果你却撞破了头?
And you dash your head open?
撞在哪里 正是
On what? Exactly.
下面只有水 没有着力点
It's just water. There's no point of impact.
所以我们应该设想她是死在别处的?
So we're working on the theory she died elsewhere?
她是撞在某样又硬又直的东西上
She hit the edge of something hard and straight.
比如...楼梯
Like... a stair.
楼梯?
A stair?
太太气呼呼地出去了 老爷喝了一杯威士忌
Madam went off in a strop and Sir had a whisky.
艾德娜 你会背十诫吗 会
Edna, do you know your Ten Commandments? I should hope so.
对于撒谎上面是怎么说的
What do they say about lying?
不可撒小谎
Thou must not tell fibs.
你有没有撒小谎 艾德娜
And are you telling fibs now, Edna?
他一直对我很好 虽然我摔了很多餐具
He's been ever so nice to me. And I've dropped a lot of crockery.
老爷叫我从上到下都刷洗了一遍
Sir made me scrub the place from top to bottom,
但是洗不掉
but it wouldn't come off.
所以他又把旧地毯铺上去了
So he put the old carpet back down.
艾德娜? 我上楼去办公
Edna? I'll be working upstairs.
回来的时候 我没有足够的钱付给司机
On-on the way home, I didn't have enough money to pay the driver.
莉莉安说我一无是处
Lilian said I was useless.
比一无是处还糟
Worse than useless.
我们吵了起来
We argued.
越吵越激烈
It got vicious.
我说了些难听的话
I said some awful things.
她也说了 所以你抓住了她
So did she. So, you grabbed her.
我没想出这种事的 你推了她
I didn't mean for it to happen. You pushed her.
那是意外 你得相信我
It was an accident. You must believe me.
把她的尸体丢进河里
Throwing her body in the river.
把珠宝栽赃给约翰逊先生
Planting the jewellery on Mr Johnson.
那也是事外?
Was that an accident too?
还有阿曼达的订婚戒指
And Amanda's engagement ring?
是不是你拿的 不 为什么我要拿
Did you take it? No. Why would I?
所以是巧合?
So, a coincidence, then?
是的
Yes.
没钱给司机
Money to pay the driver.
你觉得这听起来像是压死骆驼的最后一根草吗
Does that sound like the straw that broke the camel's back?
有时候你说的话只有单身汉才说得出来
Sometimes it's patently obvious you're a bachelor.
我没事 我没事
I'm all right. I'm all right.
你瘦了吗 你瘦了 对不对
Have you lost weight? You have, haven't you?
珍 你不觉得他瘦了吗
Jen... Don't you think he's lost weight?
他才在这里呆了一天 可怜的熊宝宝!
He's only been here a day. My poor Teddy Bear!
珍...
Jen...
我能走了吗
Can I go now?
肯德尔小姐的订婚戒指还没找到