I don't kill.
所以
So...
你是怎么做到的
How did you do it?
在可可里下毒吗 不
Bit of poison in the cocoa? No.
你从工作的药店里偷出毒药
Poison you stole from your work at the chemist
然后老太太一命呜呼
and it's nighty-night.
我不会这么做的
I wouldn't do that.
那或许是利文斯通女士做的 你们是合谋吗
Maybe Miss Livingstone did it, then. You in on this together?
那姑娘是个好姑娘 你别把她扯进来
That girl is a good girl, don't you dare bring her into this.
你很喜欢伊莎贝尔
You're fond of Isabel.
大家都看得出来 我觉得对她很抱歉
Anyone can see that. I feel sorry for her.
你知道她怀了你的孩子吗
You know she's having your child?
或许孩子会让她好受些
Maybe it will be the making of her.
或许她那个混♥蛋♥老娘死了 她就可以幸福了
Maybe now that bitch of a mum has gone she can be happy.
有个家伙 一个老家伙
There's this bloke. Old fella.
在附近转了两天
Been hanging around for a couple of days.
我说实话 或许是他
Honest to God, maybe it's him.
或许你们应该去找他
Maybe it's him you should be looking for.
的确有个老头
There was an old man.
利文斯通太太死后他来过教堂
He came to the church after Mrs Livingstone died.
我昨晚也看到他了
I saw him last night too.
那可不是证据 西德尼
Well, that's not proof, Sidney.
长官 相框上的指纹不是亚瑟·埃文斯的
Fingerprints on the frame, sir. They don't match Arthur Evans.
天父 我们为了那些我们所爱
Father of all, we pray to thee...
却无法再见之人
for those whom we love...
向您祈祷
but see no longer.
让他们安息
Grant them thy peace.
让永恒之光照耀他们
Let light perpetual shine upon them.
不喜欢守灵吗 我想躲避的人太多了
Didn't fancy the wake? Too many people to avoid.
我 嗯
I, erm...
以前是唱诗班的
used to be a choir boy here.
每年都会在午夜弥撒的时候独唱
Sang the solo at midnight mass every year
直到嗓子不行了
until my voice went.
这地方从来不变 对吧
Place doesn't change, does it?
世界瞬息万变 但格兰切斯特保持永恒
The world keeps turning but Grantchester stays the same.
所以我才离开
Why I had to get away.
你怎么认识那两姐妹的
How did you know the sisters?
我和她们是同学
I went to school with them.
白月光和红玫瑰 以前我们是那么叫她们的
Snow White and Rose Red, that's what we used to call them.
一位像月光一样轻柔 另一位像玫瑰一样爱扎人
One as soft as snow, the other prickly as a rose.
能不能请你 呃...
You couldn't just, erm...
谢谢
Thank you.
我不去教会 教会就来找我是吧
When I won't come to church, you bring the church to me, is that it?
这些是相框上的指纹
Well, these are the prints from the photo frame.
这些是你银杯子上的指纹 是圣餐杯
And these from your silver cup. Chalice.
我觉得就是个杯子么
Looked like a silver cup to me.
是吻合的
They match.
谢帕德女士死的那天 那老伙计和她在一起过
The old fella was with Miss Sheppard the day she died.
这就足够把他抓进来了
It's enough to bring him in.
好 我们去哪儿
Right, where we headed?
地址是什么
What's the address?
你总知道他的名字吧
But you got his name?
他以前是唱诗班的 这点有用么
he used to be a choir boy, if that's any use?
完全没用 没有
It's no use at all. No.
脚!
Feet!
我知道! 我忽视了我的职责 我的标准在降低
I know! I've neglected my duties, my standards are slipping.
我能要杯茶自己默默地上一边喝么
Can I just have a cup of tea and drink it in peace?
杰克
Jack.
这位是钱伯斯先生 他通常很友善的
This is Mr Chambers. He's usually quite pleasant.
黛西是个野姑娘
Daisy was a wild girl.
天啊 你们当时真是郎才女貌
My goodness, you made a handsome couple.
这是在她结婚前对吧 在有伊莎贝尔之前?
This was before she was married, of course? Before Isabel?
为什么你要回来 查普曼先生
Why did you come back, Mr Chapman?
这是谢帕德女士家的 是她给我的
This is from Miss Sheppard's. She gave it to me.
根本没有利文斯通先生 对吧
There was no Mr Livingstone, was there?
伊莎贝尔是你的孩子
Isabel is yours.
黛西被送走了
Daisy was shipped off.
一年后回来 手上有了戒指 怀里有了孩子
Came back a year later, ring on her finger, little one in her arms.
那时我没想要家庭
I wasn't looking for a family, not then.
那时你只是个孩子 杰克
You were just a boy, Jack.
所以
So...
伊莎贝尔完全不知道你的存在
Isbael has no idea you exist.
我想要看外面的世界
I wanted to...to see the world.
恐怕当时我没有回头
I'm afraid I didn't look back.
直到现在
Until now.
格拉迪斯来了信
Gladys wrote.
说她姐姐快死了 她也病了
Said her sister was dying, that she was sick too.
但是还有机会纠正一切错误
But there was time to make things right.
谢帕德女士病了? 癌症
Miss Sheppard was sick? Cancer.
乳♥房♥♥癌 和她姐姐一样
In the breast. Same as her sister.
你确定吗?
Do you we know for sure?
他对于异性的异性的爱好?
His penchant for the opposite of the opposite sex?
这关你或者我
What business is it of yours or mine
或者任何人什么事啊 谢谢
or any-bloody-one when it comes to that? Thank you.
你的自我约束要持续多久啊
How long is this self-restraint going to last?
因为说实话 你现在一点都不好玩了
Because frankly, you're no fun anymore.
这是什么
What's this?
假期和平日无区别啊
Be a busman's holiday for you.
("罪与罚")
这书提出了一个问题
It poses the question,
不道德的行为可以有正当理由吗
can something which is not virtuous ever truly be justified?
可以吗 不 不能
Can it? No, not really.
杰克·查普曼先生怎样了
What happened to Jack Chapman?
我放他走了
Well, I let him go.
找老朋友喝一杯不算是必须逮捕的罪过
Having a cuppa with an old dear is not an arrestable offence.
我还是觉得是那姑娘和她情人
My money is still on the girl and her fella.
验尸结果出来了
Post-mortem came back.
氯化钾
Potassium chloride.
所以你觉得这里如何 有没有交到...朋友
So, how are you finding things? You made any...friends?
不算是朋友
Not friends exactly.
大家都很好心 很热情
Everyone has been very kind. Very welcoming.
或许警♥察♥就是这里做错了
Maybe that's where the old bill are going wrong -
我们需要高竖领
dog collars, that's what we need.
他时不时会这样 失陪一下
He does this from time to time. Excuse us.
没有挣扎的迹象
There was no sign of a struggle.
这我已经知道了
Tell me something I don't know.
亚瑟·埃文斯
Arthur Evans.
利文斯通太太不相信他
Mrs Livingstone did not trust him
但是却无挣扎迹象
and yet there was no sign of a struggle.
她妹妹也没有挣扎迹象
There was no sign of a struggle at his sister's either.
正是 是她们放凶手进去的
Exactly. They let them in.
她们相信凶手结果却为此丧命
They trusted the killer with their lives.
门开着
It's open.
贾维斯先生 我们下班了
Mr Jarvis. We're closed.
除非你想被捕 那就还上班呢 伙计
Unless you wanna be arrested, you're very much open, mate.
这里 还有
Here. And again.
还有
And again.
天啊
Jesus Christ.
这些都是你签署的? 是
You signed all of these off? Yes.
这么多 你都没怀疑过死因吗
So many and you never thought to question the causes of death?
他是个好人 一个优秀的人 他的意图...
He's a good man, a fine man, his intent -
闭嘴 白♥痴♥
Oh, shut up. Bloody fool.
会疼吗
Will it hurt?
一点也不疼
Not a bit.
罗宾逊医生 不!
Dr Robinson. No!
让他做吧
Let him do it.
我不能这样活下去
I can't live like this.
求你了
Please.
让他做吧
Let him do it.
你杀了多少个人
How many people have you killed?
社会得相信一个知道怎样对病人最有益的医生
Society has to trust that a doctor knows what is best for its patients.