只有它失败的确凿证据
is the overwhelming evidence of its failure.
失陪了 我们还要打仗
Now, if you'll excuse me, we have a war to win.
我看过至少15部不同电影 以我的经验来说
You know, speaking as someone who's seen upwards of 15 different movies,
如果你觉得所有人都是坏人 那很可能你才是坏人
if you think everyone else is the bad guy, chances are, you're the bad guy.
但善恶不是历史的重要矢量
But "good" is not a meaningful vector in history.
力量才是
Only strength.
(平价阿尔折扣医院)
(死亡)
这么说吧…
Yeah, well...
如果一艘船不再算是船 你懂我意思吧
How 'bout a boat that's not a boat. You know what I mean?
你当然懂
Of course, you do.
抽掉一块木板
You take out one plank...
船还是那艘船
boat's the same as it ever was.
不过多了个洞而已
It's just got a-- a hole in it, that's all.
但要是抽掉很多木板
You take out a-- a lot of planks...
突然之间 你就得问自己
and all of a sudden, you gotta ask yourself...
“这算什么东西
...what-- what the fuck am I looking at?
“这根本不是船”
This ain't no boat.
“就是堆木头罢了”
It's just a-- a pile of wood, man.
一堆该死的木头
It's just a fuckin' pile of wood.
我也不知道为什么说这些
I don't know what I'm tellin' you all this for.
你肯定早就明白
I know you already know all this.
只是有一阵子…
It's just been a while...
没遇到值得说话的人了
since I had someone worth talkin' to.
仅此而已
That's all.
(纪念品盒)
你还好吗
You okay?
没事 我…
Yeah, I, uh...
我就是没法把珍妮的泰迪熊 塞进纪念品盒里
I just... I-I can't seem to get Janey's teddy into the Keepsake Box.
为进避难所准备的
For the Vault.
我实在舍不得留下任何东西
I just hate leaving anything behind, you know?
说不定不用留下呢
Well, we may not have to, right?
我得去参加查理的那个什么活动
Well, I've gotta go to this thing for Charlie.
去吧
Okay.
(美国海外战争退伍军人)
(美国退伍军人娱乐联盟 年度募捐晚会 退伍军人专场)
你了解罗伯特豪斯吗
What do you know about Robert House?
只听说他在拉斯维加斯 搞什么武器系统
All I heard is that he's building some kind of weapons system in Vegas.
我们情报显示 这和你听芭波说的有关联
Our intel thinks it's connected to what you heard Barb talking about.
你们的情报
Your intel?
就几张蓝图加通话记录
It's blueprints and a bunch of phone records.
不然还能叫什么
What else am I supposed to call that?
算情报吧
Intel, I guess.
那你老板到底想让我对他做什么
Well, do you know what your boss wants me to do to him?
我不清楚
I didn't know.
听着 我想帮忙
Look, I wanna help.
能做的我都做 但肯定有其他办法
I'll do whatever I can. But there's gotta be another way.
看看这场合 库珀
Look where we are, Coop.
在场一半人都杀过人
Half the guys in here have killed people.
也许是错杀无辜
Maybe not the right ones.
罗伯特豪斯不过是一个人
Robert House is just one person.
我是黛安韦尔奇
My name is Diane Welch,
格伦代尔选区国会议员
congresswoman for the District of Glendale.
如果各位没听说过我
And if you've never heard of me,
大概因为我是本届政♥府♥里
it's probably because I'm the only sitting congressperson
唯一拒绝企业献金的现任议员
in this administration to have refused corporate funding.
所以 也许我没钱买♥♥电视广♥告♥ 和公告牌之类的宣传
So, while I may not be able to afford TV spots and billboards,
但我认为美国已经承受不起 华盛顿再被企业渗透了
I don't think America can afford any more corporate influence in Washington.
说正题
Get on with it.
好
Okay.
今天重点不是我
Well, today isn't about me,
而是各位为这个伟大国家做出的牺牲
it's about you and the sacrifices you've made for this great nation.
作为军队弟兄姐妹的朋友
As a friend to our brothers and sisters in the armed forces,
我很荣幸颁发…
it is my honor to award...
让我找找致辞卡
Um, let me just find my card here.
今天首位获奖者的故事真是…
The story of today's first honoree is just...
我去趟洗手间
I'm gonna go hit the head.
…太感人了 要是我能找到笔记…
...wonderful, if I can find my notes.
今晚你有奖要领吗
You getting any awards tonight?
没 我只是来陪老朋友
Um, no. No, no, I'm just here for an old friend.
列兵查理白刀
Corporal Charlie Whiteknife.
对 查理
Yeah. Yeah, Charlie.
听说那家伙有点儿亲共
Rumor has it, he's a bit of a pinko.
是吗
Is that right?
这我不清楚
I wouldn't know about that.
那你呢 霍华德先生
And what about you, Mr. Howard?
我怎么了
What about me?
库珀霍华德
Cooper Howard?
美国退伍军人
American veteran?
银幕巨星
Star of the silver screen?
亲♥共♥分♥子♥
Pinko?
别信八卦小报
Don't believe everything you read.
别误会 我同情亲♥共♥分♥子♥的观点
Oh, don't get me wrong. I sympathize with the pinko point of view.
他们对传统体制有怨气
Yeah. They have grievances with traditional institutions.
要我说 完全合理
Entirely justified, if you ask me.
我没问你
I didn't ask you.
但我反对他们解决问题的方式
It's their solution to the problem.
给
Here.
把一个人逼到绝境 他什么都干得出来
You back a body into a corner, they're liable to try anything.
同时把几十亿人逼到绝境…
You back billions of bodies into a corner at the same time...
所有人就会同时用尽各种手段
Everyone trying to solve the same problem at the same time
解决同一个问题
with a multitude of solutions.
乱套了
Messy, messy, hm?
看来你不是退伍兵
I take it you're not a vet.
怎么看出来的
What gave me away?
退伍兵都懂 男人放水时
Because a vet would know better than to talk politics
不该谈政♥治♥
when a man has his dick in his hand.
下次见 霍华德先生
'Til next time, Mr. Howard.
法典对指挥链规定得很明确
The Codex is clear about chain of command.
我们不能浪费这个机会
We mustn't squander this opportunity.
我说了 我们退出
I told you. We're out.
联邦来的帕拉丁确实
I acknowledge the arrival of the Paladin from the Commonwealth
让事情复杂化了 但是…
complicates the issue, but--
我不想参与叛乱 昆图斯
I'm not interested in fighting a rebellion, Quintus.
但兄弟会本就是叛乱起家
But the Brotherhood began as an act of rebellion.
战前
Before the war,
有个普通上尉被派到 加利福尼亚研究中心
an ordinary captain was sent to a research center in California.
罗杰马克森
Roger Maxson.
当他发现他们在做什么…
And when he saw what they were doing there...
用活人做丧尽天良的实验
depraved experiments on human subjects,
于是罗杰马克森不得不质问自己
well, then, Roger Maxson had to ask himself,
他究竟效忠于谁
who did he serve?
他的上帝…
His God?
还是他的政♥府♥
Or his government?
他选择了上帝
He chose his God.
他枪杀了科学家
He shot the scientists.
杀了所有阻拦的人
He shot the people who tried to stop him.
他的政♥府♥违背了上帝
His government had defied God,
所以他违背了政♥府♥
and for that, he defied his government.
但他没有受罚
But he wasn't punished.
他活了下来
He was saved.
这才创立了我们的崇高组织
So that he could found our noble order.
若我们的叛乱是正义的
If our rebellion is righteous...
道路自会为我们展现
the way will be paved for us.
我说了…
I told you.
我不信宗教那套
I don't go in for the religious stuff.
把冷核聚变遗物交给联邦
Give the Cold Fusion relic to the Commonwealth.
大人…
My lord...
这个赞德…
this Xander guy...
我可以直接杀掉他
I could just kill him.
我们在这儿不就是干这个的吗
Well, that's what we do here. Isn't it?
看吧 刀锋已然黯淡
Behold, the dimness of the sword.
我们刚失去同盟