all that was in my power to do, but it was too late.
但你还来得及霸占他的成果
But not too late to take his work for your own.
什么叫"他的成果"
What do you mean, "his work"?
对 他的笔记本
Yeah, his notebooks.
你至少也该让他的研究获得应有的承认
You could at least have given the man credit for his own work.
你是那么想的吗
So that's what you think.
那随你们想去吧
Well, you must think it.
尼可森博士
Dr. Nicholson...
埃米尔的研究有问题
Emil's work was flawed!
有天大的问题
I mean, terribly, monstrously flawed!
我读他的笔记时 就清楚地意识到了
As I read through his notes, it became clear to me,
任何看过的人都会看出来
and it would have been obvious to anyone else who saw,
他当时已经崩溃了
that he had suffered some kind of breakdown.
他的头脑
His mind...
他美丽奇妙的心智
Oh, his beautiful, wonderful mind, all...
都在页面上对我敞开
unraveling there before me, on the pages.
他的处境带来的焦虑和压力
The, uh, anxiety and stress of his situation,
对家人的担心 肯定让他...
the worry for his family, well, it must have, um...
所以
So, uh...
我们烧了他的笔记本
we burnt his notebooks.
你销毁了笔记本
You destroyed them?
我还能怎么办
What else should have done?
我得保护他不被那些魔鬼诋毁
I had to protect him from those devils.
他们夺走了他的生命 但我下定决心
They might have taken his life, but I swore to be resolved
不让他们再毁掉他的名誉
that they would not take his reputation.
他是我的朋友
He was my friend, and...
但我辜负了他
I failed him.
我一直
I've carried
怀揣着失败的羞愧
the shame of that failure--
我的失败
my failure--
都25年多了
for more than 25 years.
我是个完全不信神的人
Now, I'm a man profoundly without faith...
但我发誓 这些年来
But, I promise you, not a day has gone by
我没有一天不极为虔诚地
that I have not, with utter humility,
为埃米尔·鲍姆加滕和他被杀的家人
said the Mourner's Kaddish for Emil Baumgarten
按犹太教仪式做哀悼祈祷
and his murdered family.
看来没有魔像了
No golem, then.
是啊
Seemingly not.
巴罗斯是个徒步者
Burrowes is a rambler.
如果那泥靴印不是他的 又能是谁的
If the muddy boot prints aren't his, whose are they?
怎么了
What's wrong?
没事
Nothing.
我送你去警局
I'll drop you at the station.
我去把进展告诉鲍克斯
And I'll put Box in the picture.
我不知道还能说什么
I don't know what more I can say.
我能说的都告诉你了
I've told you all I can.
尼可森的事 对 但这是关于另一件事
About Nicholson, yes, but this is about another matter.
是宾克斯和奥斯波特·佩吉的事
It concerns Binks and Osbert Page.
叹息桥建造于...
The Bridge of Sighs was built just before...
看 是鹈鹕警♥察♥
Look! It's the Pelican Man!
怎么回事
What's this?
好 好
Yes, yes.
好 没问题
Yes, yes, of course, you can,
你们在电视上看到过 是吧
you see it on the television, huh?
怎么回事
What's going on?
我认得你 那你就是麦克吉芬了吧
Well, I know you, so you must be McGyffin.
是他管你 还是你管他
Is he running you, or are you running him?
没事 罗尼
It's all right, Ronnie.
你去车那边等着吧
Why don't you go and wait by the car, eh?
看来这下有答案了
Guess that answers that.
他是踢你你就滚吗
Is he working you with his foot, or what?
你该听他说完 弗莱德
You should hear 'em out, Fred.
为了你自己好
For your own sake.
据我所知你要离开牛津了 督察
I understand you're leaving Oxford, Inspector.
要申请调职
Putting in for a transfer.
话传得真快
Word gets around.
那是好事
Yeah, well, that's all very lovely,
但你走前得把你的烂摊子收拾好了
but you need to settle your mess bill before you go.
你的手下在乱打听事
Your boy's sticking his beak in where it's not wanted.
你不阻止他 我们就动手了
You stop him, or we will.
你不了解摩斯
You don't know Morse.
查理怎么样了
How's Charlie?
你说什么
What'd you say?
据说伦敦警视厅在找你弟弟
Word is the Yard's looking for your brother
事关一起诈骗商行案件
in connection with a long firm fraud.
那我可不知道
I wouldn't know about that.
有一张写了你名字的支票会驳斥你的说法
There's a check with your name on says different.
但话说回来
On the other hand,
如果摩斯能被说服做出正确选择
if Morse could be persuaded to do the right thing...
他是个理想主义者
He's an idealist.
我们不都是吗
Sure, we all are.
或许曾经吧 市议员
Maybe once, Councillor.
现在你只是个坏人
Now you're just a villain.
跟这个二流恶棍一样
Same as this two-bob shitehawk.
听着
Look.
只要你帮忙
You play fair,
你的烦恼
and all your troubles...
都会烟消云散
disappear.
支票
The check?
没了
Gone.
一切回归原来的样子
Everything back to how it was.
只需要明天带他来维克舍姆
Just bring him out to Wicklesham tomorrow.
或许我们可以一起让他想明白
Maybe between us, we can talk some sense into him.
弗莱德
Fred...
你把我卷进了什么事 杂种
What you got me into, you cowson?
你斗不过他们 弗莱德
You can't beat 'em, Fred.
我很清楚
I know.
我本以为只是一点蝇头小利
I thought it'd just be a nice little tickle,
捞一把就走 没什么坏处
in and out, no harm done, but...
但你一旦进来
But once you're in...
他们就不会放你走了
These boys play for keeps.
你和摩斯只能选一个
It's you or Morse.
一切都好吗
Everything all right?
嗯
Yeah.
我去见过巴罗斯了
I've been to see Burrowes.
怎么
And?
我可能知道是谁杀了佩吉
So I think I know who killed Page.
至少是谁下的令
Or who ordered it, at least,
即便他不是亲自动手
even if he didn't do his own dirty work.
-喝点吗 -谢谢
- Drink? - Thanks.
佩吉一直在调查一位徒步者同好的失踪
Page had been looking into the disappearance of a fellow rambler,
霍利斯·宾克斯
a man called Hollis Binks.
记得吗 我们在他公♥寓♥发现的姓名首字母
You remember, the initials we found in his flat,
墙上那张地图上的 HB
on the map on the wall-- H.B.
宾克斯是什么人
Who is Binks?
宾克斯生前是区测量员
Binks was the borough surveyor.
他的尸体在克兰默大厦的地基里被发现
His body was recovered from the foundations of Cranmer House.
鲍克斯说的那具无名尸体
Box's unknown?
怎么没告诉我
Why wasn't I told?
我这不告诉你了吗
Well, I'm telling you now.
我觉得宾克斯和佩吉的死
I think Binks's death and Page's death
都跟克兰默大厦的坍塌有关
are both related to what happened at Cranmer House.
克兰默大厦是麦克吉芬建筑公♥司♥建造的
Cranmer House was built by McGyffin Construction
所使用的混凝土 本该用维克舍姆的
using concrete which should have contained high-quality sand
四♥风♥集料的高质量砂制♥作♥
from Four Winds Aggregate out at Wicklesham.
但麦克吉芬在高尔半岛还有另一间公♥司♥
But McGyffin also owns another place out on the Gower coast.
高尔半岛
The Gower.
-佩吉就是把HB写在了地图上那里 -嗯
- That's where Page wrote HB on the map. - Yeah.
我认为他在混凝土里掺杂了
I think he was adulterating the concrete
从高尔海岸挖出来的未清洗海砂
with unwashed sea sand from the Gower coast.
所以呢
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表