You know Councillor Burkitt?
不 我想没见过
No, I don't believe I've had the pleasure.
高级警司
Chief Superintendent.
别拘礼了
Well, don't stand on ceremony.
坐吧 我们点单
Take a pew and we'll get the orders in.
将来或许有时机更深入地调查尼罗的活动
There may come a time to dig more deeply into Nero's activities,
但他都死了
but the man is dead.
哪怕再把一宗死亡归咎于他
One more death in his debit column
他也不可能去接受制裁了
will bring him no nearer to facing justice.
至少警部的高级警官是这样认为
That's certainly the view of senior officers at Division.
应该没几个比助理警♥察♥局长更高级的警官了吧
Few more senior than the assistant chief constable,
是不是
I would have thought.
我只是在转达我听到的
I'm merely relaying to you certain operational matters
行动事宜安排
as have been explained to me.
此事可远不止事关牛津和泰晤士河谷警局
There are things here that go far beyond Oxford and Thames Valley.
最好还是交给伦敦处理
Best handled from London.
可否问问 这些行动事宜跟
Such operational matters concern the
主管房♥屋和规划的市议员有怎样的关系
councillor for Housing and Planning in what regard, may ask?
我完全是作为顾问 雷吉纳德
I'm here in a purely advisory capacity, Reginald.
排解问题 可以说
A troubleshooter, if you like.
是吗
Oh, yes.
这样啊
I see.
那你今天要排解什么问题 市议员
What trouble do you intend to shoot today, Councillor?
不是我吧
Not me, I hope.
你一位前考利警局的同事
One of your colleagues from Cowley
在没必要地打探
has been concerning himself unduly
一些敏感的事
with matters of a... sensitive nature.
这些事
Matters with, um,
可能会对本地政♥府♥的一些部门带来困扰
potential ramification for some departments of local government.
是叫摩斯吗
Morse, is it?
他的热情值得赞赏 但用错了地方
His enthusiasm is commendable, but, uh, misplaced.
我是交♥警♥部的 长官
I'm in Traffic, sir.
我想不出我怎么可能影响他
Don't see how can bring any influence to bear upon him.
这正是我要说的第二点
Well, that brings me to my second point.
让你这样有经验
It seems a fearful waste of resources
有能力的警官 待在交♥警♥部
to have an officer of your experience and ability
不免太浪费
closed away in Traffic.
就不必客气了
There's no need to be coy.
大家都是成年人
We're all men here.
鲍特姆斯助理警♥察♥局长明年就去伦敦警♥察♥厅了
ACC Bottoms is moving to the Met next year,
这样一来警部就会有个空职
which will leave a vacancy up at Division.
这样结束警♥察♥生涯多风光
It would be a fine way to finish one's service.
相信你妻子也需要听到这样的好消息
And some much needed good news for your wife, I'm sure.
我妻子
My wife?
我说起了她的情况
I may have mentioned.
不好意思 长官
Excuse me, sir.
我已跟别人有约
I have a previous appointment elsewhere.
市议员
Councillor.
我在皇家共济会医院有个朋友
I have a friend at the Royal Masonic.
美国在尝试一种什么
Some new experimental cancer treatments
新癌症治疗
are being looked at out of America.
他们正在列出可以参加临床试验的
A short list of patients suitable to take part in the trial
病人名单
is being drawn up.
这样啊
I see.
如果你改主意了
If you change your mind...
朋友之间 应该的嘛
What are friends for?
我们不是朋友 市议员
We are not friends, Councillor,
而且我很高兴地说 我们也不太可能成为朋友
nor, I'm very happy to say, are we ever likely to be.
你还好吗
Are you all right?
孩子啊 摩斯
Kids, Morse.
女人和孩子
Women and children.
家庭被毁
Families destroyed.
牛圈区贫民窟拆除时
When they tore down the Oxpens slums,
说是一个新开始
it was meant to be a fresh start.
美丽新世界
A brave new world.
安全干净
Safe and clean and...
怎么会落得这样的结局
How does it end like this?
煤气泄漏
Gas leak.
那不是官方的说辞吗
Isn't that the official line?
官方谎言
Official lie.
这是灾难性的结构损坏
We're talking about a catastrophic structural failure.
不管是否发生了煤气爆♥炸♥
Gas explosion or no,
大厦都该能支撑得住
they're supposed to withstand anything like that.
这是法律
It's the law.
违法又不是新鲜事了
Well, people have been known to break the law.
你怎么看博科特
What do you make to Burkitt?
殉教者广场是他的杰作
Martyrs' Field's got his name all over--
是他的遗产
it's his legacy.
他总不会拿这个冒险
He's hardly likely to jeopardize that.
你就想问我这事吗
Is that what you wanted to ask me?
不完全是
In part.
我更想知道你对四♥风♥集料
I'm more interested in anything you can tell me
有什么了解
about Four Winds Aggregate..
维克舍姆那个吗
Out at Wicklesham?
原是乔治·麦克吉芬的公♥司♥ 你知道他吧
George McGyffin's old firm-- you know him.
他到处都有工地工程 这里
He's yards and works all over here--
萨默塞特
Somerset,
在威尔士有个海水清淤公♥司♥
some... sea-dredging firm in Wales.
他还为你们的新警部总部提供了建材
And he supplied materials for your new Divisional HQ.
是吗
Really?
他跟克兰默大厦有什么关系吗
Has he anything to do with Cranmer House?
他们好像有混凝土的合同吧
They had a contract on the concrete side, I think,
跟市议会签的
out of the council,
后来公♥司♥关门了
before it closed down.
好吧
Right.
那霍利斯·宾克斯呢
And what about a Hollis Binks?
他是个区测量员 一年前不干了
He was a borough surveyor up until about a year ago.
不
No.
没见过 怎么了
No, I've not come across him-- why?
那个博德利图书馆馆长佩吉
This librarian, Page, at the Bodleian.
被捅死的
Stabbed to death.
你觉得那事跟这里的事有关吗
You think that's connected to what's happened here?
我不知道
Oh, I don't know.
有可能
Possibly.
我只是在到处打听
I'm just poking around.
谁知道呢
Who knows?
肯定有人知道
Someone knows.
我第一次见到她时 她才19岁
The first time I saw her, she was 19.
我也大不了多少
I was... not much more.
在总督家 一场露天招待会
The governor's house. A garden party.
我和温是在舞厅相遇
Me and Win, it was the Palais.
她父亲在殖民地公职机构任职
Her father was something in the Colonial Service.
温老爸在港口工作 莱姆豪斯港
Win's old man worked the docks. Limehouse Basin.
我还担心自己不会受欢迎
Thought I might not be too welcome,
因为我是个小警♥察♥ 但他人不错
being a young copper, but he was a straight go.
天空粉红奶白 乐队奏着乐
The sky was pink and pearl, band playing.
我们当时听的好像是杰拉多的舞曲
Geraldo, I think it was, for us.
人群就那么分开了片刻
The crowd parted for the briefest moment and...
她就站在那里 美丽如画
...There she was, pretty as a picture.
周围都是一些风流倜傥的男人
Surrounded by all these dashing types,
都想替她点烟
desperate to light her cigarette.
紧接着 我走过草坪 站在了她旁边
Next thing, I'd crossed the lawn, I was standing beside her.
她说"你是来救我的吗"
"Have you come to save me?" She said.
我说"是的 我想是的"
"Yes", I said. "I rather think I have."
现在我救不了她了
And now I can't.
你在高尔半岛有个公♥司♥吧
You've a works along the Gower, I understand.
海水清淤
Sea dredging.
纳什海岸 怎么了
The Nash Bank-- what of it?
霍利斯·宾克斯去过那里吗
Did Hollis Binks ever go there?
谁
Who?
霍利斯·宾克斯 一个区测量员
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表