Something to do with this donation, or whatever it is,
就是提加顿家的那笔
with the Teagarden family, I believe.
教授和佩吉先生为此大吵了一架
The professor and Mr. Page had a blazing row about it.
如果你找到了 我很想看看
Well, if you do come across it, I'd be grateful to see it.
当然
Of course.
不好意思 先生
Oh, excuse me, sir.
巴罗斯教授今天在吗
Is Professor Burrowes in today?
出去吃午餐了 先生
Luncheoning out, I believe, sir.
那尼可森博士呢 他在吗
What about Dr. Nicholson, is he in?
他刚走 先生
Oh, just missed him, sir.
但看来我跟你提的恶作剧还在继续
But I see the fun and games I told you about is still going on.
怎么说
How's that?
又有一条讯息被送到了他的寄存格 先生
Another message just delivered to his cubby, sir.
谁送的
Delivered by whom?
未知的一人或多人
Person or persons unknown,
是这么说的吧
I believe that's the phrase, isn't it?
我没看到
I didn't see.
我"办事"时送来的
Arrived when I was about my business.
我能看看吗
Well, can I see it?
当然
Yes, of course.
就是这个
There we are.
谢谢
Thank you.
好 我留着吧 谢谢
Right, well, I'll keep hold of that, thank you.
那好 先生 听您的
Oh, very well, sir, if you say so.
我会告诉尼可森博士
I'll let Dr. Nicholson know.
-我见到他时会自己告诉他 -好
- I'll let him know myself when I see him. - Oh, very good.
你昨天顺利找到
Oh, um, you found Professor Burrowes
巴罗斯教授家了吧
at home all right yesterday, did you?
是的 谢谢
Oh, I did, yes, thank you.
-他真不错 是吧 -是啊
- Nice man, isn't he? - He is, yes.
是我最喜欢的一个了
One of my favorites--
如果门房♥先生能说这种话的话
if a porter's allowed such a thing.
他总是很尊敬
He's always been very respectful.
不像有些人
Not like some I could name.
你现在看他看不出 先生
You wouldn't think to look at him now, sir,
但
but, um...
他当年可是风流倜傥
He was quite a card in his day.
但恐怕是岁月不饶人吧
Oh, but suppose life takes it out of the best of us.
心碎
Dismay.
为什么
How's that?
跟大部分男人一样吧 先生
Same as most men, I suppose, sir.
哪个姑娘让他希望落空了
Some girl he had hopes of.
提加顿小姐吗
Miss Teagarden?
摩斯警长 泰晤士河谷警局
Detective Sergeant Morse, Thames Valley.
当然 请进
Of course-- come in.
深表哀悼
My condolences.
谢谢您这么快就肯见我
Thank you for seeing me at such short notice.
您是否知道遗赠包括什么
Have you any idea what's in the bequest?
什么都有吧
Oh, anything and everything.
祖父挺博学的
Grandfather was something of a polymath.
他的论文 收集的邮票 他的信件
His papers, stamp collections, letters.
但他没留下清单
But he didn't leave behind a list or anything.
是吗 因为有人说好像有清单
Really? Because there's been mention made of an inventory.
据我所知没有
Not that I know of.
我猜检验收藏的人
I can only assume it's been compiled
应该在编纂清单
by those examining the collection.
提加顿[茶园]
Teagarden.
挺不寻常的姓氏
Unusual name.
本来是崔加顿[树园] 或奥彻德[果园]
Should have been Treegarden or Orchard--
鲍姆加滕
Baumgarten,
但移♥民♥官员听错了
only the immigration official misheard.
你们家是德国人
So your family's German.
祖上是
Originally.
我祖父家1911年来到了英国
My grandfather's side came to England in 1911.
-这是他吗 -不是
- Is this him? - No.
那是他哥哥 埃米尔
That's his brother, Emil.
他战前是柏林的物理学家
He was a physicist before the war, in Berlin.
我祖父说是爱因斯坦那样的天才呢
Another Einstein, my grandfather said.
是个了不起的人
A very great man.
或者如果活了下来 本可以成为
Or would have been, had he lived.
劳♥改♥营
A labor camp.
米特堡的V2火箭工厂
For the V2 factory in Mittelbau.
他全家
The whole family.
埃米尔 他妻子 女儿
Emil, his wife, their daughter--
黛博拉 我名字的由来
Deborah, for whom I'm named.
你认识希伯来语吗
Do you read Hebrew?
认识一点
A little.
你是否知道
Have you any idea what...
这什么意思
this means?
这个词是"真♥相♥" 怎么了
Emez', it means truth, why?
可能对一件案子有意义
Well, it just may have some bearing on a case.
这个呢
What about this?
Mavet
Mavet.
死亡
Death.
让我想到了我小时候我祖父给我
Reminds me of a story my grandfather used to tell me
讲的一个故事
when I was small.
你知道shem是什么吗
Do you know what a shem is?
意为名字
蕴含了拥有这个名字者的本质
第一个词是"真♥相♥"
First word means "Truth".
第二个是"死亡"
The second means "Death".
怎么了
So?
根据传说 这是"力量之词"
So, according to myth, they're the "words of power"
将这些词塞入魔像口中 便能给它生命
which, when placed in the mouth of a golem, give it life.
-什么 -魔像
- A what now? - A golem.
犹太民间传说中
According to Jewish folklore,
用泥或黏土制♥作♥的泥人
it's a figure made of mud or clay,
它会替制♥作♥它的人办事
which will do its maker's bidding.
那又如何
So?
这可能跟博德利图书馆的凶案有关
There could be a link to the murder at the Bodleian.
怎么 你觉得牛津有个魔像在杀人吗
What, you think a golem's wandering around Oxford?
当然不是 但加斯坦学院的门房♥说
No, of course I don't, but the porter at Garstang college did say
有人在尼可森博士的寄存格里放了个泥人
that somebody left Dr Nicholson a clay figure in his cubby hole.
好吧 那你去查查吧
Right, you'd best follow it up.
我是帮不了你们
I'm afraid I can't help you.
我完全不知道这都什么意思
I've no idea what they mean.
你确定吗
Are you sure about that?
我们在博德利图书馆你坐的位置
We found one of them in a wastepaper basket
旁边的废纸篓里发现了其中一张
near to where you were sitting in the Bodleian,
另一张则放在了你这里的寄存格里
and the other one in your cubby hole here.
我跟你们一样不明所以
I'm as much in the dark as you.
留字条的人
Whoever left them
肯定认为你会清楚其意义
must believe they mean something to you.
那这人就大错特错了
Well, then, they're wildly mistaken.
据我所知 还有人
I also believe there've been things
在你课堂的黑板上写了字
written on your blackboard during lectures.
我不记得了
I don't recall.
据在场的人说 是"朵拉"一词
Well, according to those present, it was the word "Dora."
你能想到什么吗
Does that mean anything to you?
不能
No.
是吗
Really?
因为学生们似乎认为
Because the students seemed to think
这词让你很心烦意乱
that you were rather distracted by the word.
有必要吗
Why should I be?
我又不认识叫那名的人
I've never met anyone with that name.
真的 我不明白这些事
Really, I'm at a loss to see the connection
跟博德利图书馆的刺死案有什么联♥系♥
between these things and a stabbing at the Bodleian.
他在撒谎
He's lying.
当然 但为什么呢
Of course he is-- but why?
尼可森和奥斯波特·佩吉间有某种联♥系♥
There's a connection between Nicholson and Osbert Page.
我就是还看不出来
I'm just, I'm just not seeing it yet.
你能好好思考了就能想出来
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表