德布林医生认为没有
Not according to Dr. DeBryn.
我问了一位跟博拉打橄榄球的罗德的学者
I spoke to a Rhodes scholar that Bura played rugby with,
名叫克♥林♥顿♥
name of Clinton.
他说鲁弗斯不与人交际
He said Rufus kept himself to himself.
据我们所知没有女友
No girlfriend that we know off.
你有通电♥话♥ 是那个本地警♥察♥
You've got a call from that local yokel,
波特
Potter.
失陪
Excuse me.
打字的 标准纸张 牛津邮戳
All typed, standard paper, Oxford postmark.
都是二等邮票
Always a second-class stamp.
落款都是"好心人"
And all from "a wellwisher."
我说了 收到了头几封后
As I said, I sent them off for fingerprinting
我送去验指纹了
after the first few come through.
有发现吗
And anything?
什么都没发现 就只有收信人
Nothing on them, bar those they were sent to
和之后看过的人的指纹
and anyone they'd shown them to.
还有约翰的
And John, of course.
里奇来问我
Rich asked my advice.
想查明这些信是怎么进入邮政系统的
Trying to nail down where they went into the postal system.
有发现吗
Any luck?
我们把范围缩小到了牛津的几个信箱
Well, we narrowed it down to a few boxes in Oxford,
但他从不用同一个邮箱
but never the same box twice
连续两周从不在同一天
and never the same day two weeks running.
我们甚至还盯了一阵一两个邮筒
And we even kept a watch on one or two of the post boxes for a bit,
在我们闲暇时
on our own time,
但就是没看到是谁寄的
but we never saw who posted them.
可怜的鲁弗斯
Poor old Rufus.
他常来村里吗
Did he come to the village much?
对 在他搬去牛津前
Yeah, before he went to Oxford.
但他不怎么招人喜欢
Not that he was too well liked.
大家都喊他小爵爷方特洛伊
Little Lord Fauntleroy, the lads used to call him.
同名小说里的人物
有点过分吧
Seems a bit cruel.
人就这样
Well, people are.
他上学时挺爱哭
He'd been a bit of a crybaby at school.
爱搬弄是非
Telltale tit.
总是埋头看书
Always had his nose stuck in some book or another.
但他会常过来看莎拉
But he'd drop by and see Sarah regular.
大概是有点孤单
Was a bit lonely, I expect.
你和曼迪-简·贝尔
Now, you and Mandy-Jane Bell.
你们曾是...
I believe you were...
一对吧
something?
你在哪听来的
Where'd you hear that?
对 有过一阵
Yeah, for a bit.
好
Right.
贝尔知道吗
And did Bell know?
除非她说过
Well, not unless she told him.
那都是很多年前 我们还年轻的时候了
Look, it was years ago when we were kids.
所以我才没提
That's why I didn't mentioned it.
在我看来
Far as I was concerned,
那都过去了
it was all water under the bridge.
没有怨恨吗
No hard feelings?
我知道我对她不过是消遣
I knew I was just a distraction for her.
来得快去得快
Easy come, easy go.
好
All right.
克兰普太太
Mrs. Clamp?
你好 我是摩斯警长
Hello, I'm Detective Sergeant Morse.
泰晤士河谷警局
Thames Valley.
没事 塞 就是警♥察♥
It's all right, Cec, police.
是关于您外甥 鲁弗斯·博拉
It's about your nephew, Rufus Bura.
鲁弗斯 他怎么了
Rufus? What about him?
鲁弗斯今早被发现死在了海斯科特学院
Rufus was found dead this morning at Hescott College.
死了
Dead?
他似乎是自杀了
Well, it would appear that he has taken his own life.
当然了
Now, of course
我们会通知在澳大利亚的同事
we'll notify our colleagues in Australia,
但我想你姐姐可能会
but I thought your sister might
更想从你这里听到
prefer to hear it from you.
可怜的布伦达
Oh, poor Brenda.
她要心碎了
This will break her heart.
你最后见他是什么时候
When did you see him last?
复活节 他复活节时来过
Easter. He come by for Easter.
但我差不多每周都能和他说话
But I spoke to him every week, more or less.
他周日会来电♥话♥
Sunday he calls.
他和莎拉关系一直很好
Him and Sarah have always been very close, you see.
因为布伦达在国外
And since Brenda went abroad,
我们是他最近的亲人了
well, we're his only family near.
你上次跟他通话时 感觉他状态如何
And the last time you spoke to him, how did he seem?
他有什么困扰吗
Was anything troubling him?
有什么心事吗
Nothing on his mind?
还像往常一样
Normal, same as ever.
好
Right.
抱歉
I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
不必
Oh, of course.
失陪了 我得去给布伦达打电♥话♥
Will you excuse me? I'd better call Brenda.
请便 深表哀悼
Of course. My condolences.
你好
Hello.
你好
Oh, hello.
贝尔农场的事都完了 没想到还会再见到你
I didn't think I'd see you again after Bell's farm.
我刚去见过克兰普太太
I've just been over to see Mrs. Clamp,
蔬菜杂货商
the greengrocer.
是她外甥的事
It's about her nephew.
鲁弗斯吗
Rufus?
你认识他吗
Do you know him?
-他偶尔会带狗来看病 -你好
- He came into the surgery once in while with his dog. - Hello.
怎么了
Why?
是那些诽谤信的事
It's about the poison pen letters.
亨利 去毯子上坐着
Henry, go and sit on the blanket.
你和你父亲没收到过吧
I don't suppose you or your father have received any?
有人给我邻居 尼尔小姐寄了一封
Someone sent one to my neighbor, Miss Neal.
尼尔小姐
Miss Neal.
在科莱斯维糖果厂工作的那位吗
Miss Neal who works at Creswell's?
人力资源部的 没错
In the personnel department, that's right.
虽然不是寄给我 但...
So it wasn't to me, as such, but...
但是关于你的
But it was about you.
"佩特[宠物]小姐 兽医的女儿"
"Miss Pett, the Vet's daughter."
如果你问我父亲我和亨利的事
If you were to ask my father about Henry and me,
他会说我是个寡妇
he'd tell you that I was widowed.
死亡受人尊敬
Death, that's respectable, you see.
不会有人问起尴尬问题
No awkward questions.
不羞耻
No shame.
但其实
But the truth is
亨利还很小时 我丈夫抛弃了我
my husband left me when Henry was quite small.
找别的女人去了
For another woman.
那是信里说的吗
And that's what it said in the letter?
如果需要 我可以一字一句地背给你听
I can give it to you in verbatim if you like.
"费尔福德太太的丈夫还活得好好的
"Mrs. Fairford's husband is alive and well
在上潘柏利开出租车呢"
and driving a taxi in Upper Pembury."
尼尔小姐告诉了我
Miss Neal thought I should know.
她多好心
Wasn't that kind of her?
就是这样 第三者
So there-- another woman.
我是有多差劲
How awful must I be?
我并不觉得你差劲
I don't think you're awful at all.
我并不会经常这么做 但是...
Look, I'm not in the habit of doing this, but, um...
你今晚想一起去喝一杯吗
Would you like to go for a drink this evening?
跟我去
With me?
好
Uh, yes.
好了
There.
布塞弗勒斯
Bucephalus.
格莱沃那匹跛的马
Greville's horse that went lame.
恐怕是没办法了
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表