他说的是实话
He's telling the truth.
他是怕自己小命不保 你们还不懂吗
He's scared for his life, can't you see that?
怕什么
Scared of what?
不是什么 傻瓜 是谁
Not what, dummy-- who.
他那凌乱不安的大脑里有他不敢承认的东西
There's things in that haunted maze of a mind he can't admit.
哪怕是对自己
Not even to himself.
他说不能说 就是真不能说
When he says he can't say, he means just that.
他无法说出口
He can't say.
但我能
But I can.
如果你俩是来真的
If you two are on the level
如果你们真想知道布伦纳姆谷的事
and you really want to know about Blenheim Vale,
去找菲尔布里奇医生
ask Doc Fairbridge.
摩斯警员
Detective Constable Morse?
麦克加勒特太太
Mrs. McGarrett.
抱歉 女士 我们可能搞错了
I'm sorry, madam, there must be some mistake.
我们是来找菲尔布里奇医生的
We were looking for Dr. Fairbridge.
那是我爸爸
That'll be Dad.
你们进来吧
Would you like to come in?
布伦纳姆谷 我只负责了几年
Blenheim Vale was only on my list for a few years.
1951年到1955年
From '51 to about '55.
那年关闭的
When it closed.
我们就住在伍斯托克路旁
We lived off the Woodstock Road
离那里很近
adjacent to the grounds.
你觉得他说"去找菲尔布里奇医生"是什么意思
What do you think he meant by "ask Doc Fairbridge"?
我不知道
I've no idea.
真的 没什么好说的
Truly, there's nothing to tell.
那就是个寻常得不能再寻常的地方
It was just a run-of-the-mill establishment.
我只是负责照顾孩子们的医疗需求
I looked to any medical concerns the boys had.
打个疫苗什么的
Vaccinations and so forth.
腮腺炎 麻疹 百日咳
Mumps, measles, whooping cough.
当然 还负责一般的磕磕碰碰
And, of course, all the usual cuts, bumps and bruises.
你记得一位乔治·奥德里奇吗
Do you remember a George Aldridge?
恐怕不
I'm afraid not.
你当然记得 爸爸
Yes, you do, Dad.
他有时会翻过栅栏 跟我们一起玩
He used to come over the fence and play with us sometimes.
是吗
Did he?
那我相信你的话了
I'll have to take your word for it.
但我真想不起他
Though for the life of me I can't picture him.
我在当班
I'm on call.
不好意思
Excuse me.
我们应该保留了他的照片
I'm sure we've a photograph of him somewhere.
我能去找找 能帮上你们吗
I can dig it out, if that would be useful.
如果不太麻烦你的话
If it wouldn't be too much trouble.
这不好说
I can't guarantee that,
但如果我找到了就马上通知你们
but I'll certainly let you know as soon as I've found it.
非常感谢 麦克加勒特太太
Thank you very much, Mrs. McGarrett.
你是真心的吗
Did you mean it?
教书
Teaching?
辞职 去国外
Packing it all in? Going abroad?
是的
Yes.
就是 你会说些话
It just you say things...
有时你听上去似乎很认真 但...
Sometimes you sound like you mean them and others, like...
我还要考虑两起 可能是三起凶案
Like when I've got two, maybe three murders
和一个失踪儿童吗
and a missing child to think about?
我不希望你觉得
I just don't want you to think
我在逼你做什么你不想做的事
I'm making you do anything you don't want to.
我知道 我没那么觉得
I know, I don't.
你真想离开吗
You really want to leave?
是的
Yes.
好吧
Okay.
但别为了我
Just not on my account.
不是 我真的会递辞呈
No, I'll put my papers in, I promise.
事情一结束就递
Soon as it's over.
等一切都尘埃落定
When the hurly burly's done.
或许我们今晚可以聊聊
Maybe we could talk about it tonight?
还聊吗
Again?
还有什么可说的
What's to say?
都决定了
It's done.
你锁门吧
Will you lock up?
温特格林太太在她丈夫的旧公文包里
Mrs. Wintergreen's turned up a pile of letters
翻出了一叠信 这个绿墨军团的
in her husband's old briefcase, this Green Ink Brigade.
她说内容是什么了吗
She say what's in them?
大都是在抱怨把布伦纳姆谷卖♥♥给兰德斯曼
Mostly complaining about the sale of Blenheim Vale to Landesman.
原来这事在市议会通过时 决定性一票
Turns out Wintergreen had the casting vote on the council
是温特格林投的
when it went through.
我要跟杰克斯去那里问问
I said I'd take a run up there with Jakes.
你去哪
Where are you?
去镇上见安吉拉·麦克加勒特
Meeting Angela McGarrett in town.
拿乔治·奥德里奇的照片
That photograph of George Aldridge.
-那午饭后再见了 -是 长官
- Pick up sticks after lunch, then. - Sir.
爸爸不喜欢我
Dad didn't approve of me
跟布伦纳姆谷的男孩一起玩
playing with the boys from Blenheim Vale.
我们以前会趁大人不注意
We used to sneak away into the woods
偷偷溜进林子里
when the grownups weren't looking.
你搬走后 还跟他们任何人有联♥系♥吗
Did you keep in touch with any of them after you moved away?
没有
No.
我都好多年没想过这事了
I hadn't thought of it in years.
然后去年夏天我在主街碰到了亨利
And then I bumped into Henry last summer in the High.
亨利·波特莫
Henry Portmore.
现在好像是佩勒姆的学者了
He's some sort of academic at Pellam now.
结婚了
Married.
妻子是希拉里·斯宾塞
To Hilary Spencer.
他们还有个儿子
They've a little boy.
总算是有一个幸福的
So, there's one happy ending.
希拉里的哥哥爱德精神崩溃
Hilary's brother Ed had a nervous breakdown
上吊自尽了
and hanged himself.
在布伦纳姆谷的一棵树上
From a tree at Blenheim Vale.
爱德·斯宾塞是我的初吻呢
Ed Spencer was the first boy I ever kissed.
当然不是成年人那样的吻
It wasn't a grownup kiss, of course.
我们太小 不会懂那个
We were too young to know about that.
就是轻轻一啄
Just a peck.
但你还是会记得
But one remembers it all the same.
你为什么告诉我你不认识乔治·奥德里奇
Why did you tell me you didn't know George Aldridge?
在布伦纳姆谷发生了什么
What happened at Blenheim Vale?
我们一共五六个人
There were five... six of us.
还有彼得 彼得·威廉姆斯
And Petey, Petey Williams.
我们不坏
We weren't bad lads.
没那么坏
Not really.
我们就是孩子
Just kids.
有些人是孤儿
Orphans, some of us.
有些只是爱惹麻烦
Others just had a knack of getting into trouble.
反正我们最后都被送去了布伦纳姆谷
Somehow we all ended up at Blenheim Vale.
我 乔治 本尼 爱德 亨利
So Me, George, Benny, Ed, Henry
还有两个彼得
and the two Petes.
大彼得 小彼得
Big Pete, Little Pete.
我们算是个小帮派吧
We were a gang, I suppose.
小彼得不算
Not so much Little Pete;
他年纪更小 但我们还是让他跟着
he was a bit younger, but we used to let him tag along.
小彼得姓什么
Little Pete what?
我不记得了
I don't remember.
他没待多久就走了
He wasn't there for very long.
小孩子总是来了又走
Kids came and went.
因为条件很差
It was tough, you know?
只有冷水 那地方也偏远
Cold water and cross country.
但我们拥有彼此
But you had each other.
就可以克服生活的困难
And that is how you got through.
大彼得可以说是我们的小头头
And Big Pete was our leader for want of a better word.
然后新来了个人
Then this new bloke turned up.
慈善家 有很多新点子
Do-gooder, had all these new ideas.
花钱改造了那里
Put a bit of money into the place--
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表