People do.
一对儿的
Couples.
我要迟到了
I'm going to be late.
先生 劳烦您将这则
"Sir, I would be grateful if you would place
私人广♥告♥刊登在11月30日周三报纸的
"This personal advertisement in the appropriate section
恰当版块 感激不尽
of your newspaper on Wednesday, 30th of November.
内容是: APAD A41
Message follows: A.P.A.D. A41
周二第二批邮件来的
Arrived Tuesday, second post.
现金支付的
Paid for in cash, I'm afraid.
-没有签名 -但有邮戳
- No signature. - No, but it's franked.
邮局应该能告诉我
Post office should be able to tell me
邮资执照的持有人
who holds the franking license.
埃里克的事有进展吗
Is there any news on Eric?
还有那个汤米·科克
Or of the lad Tommy Cork?
都没有呢
None as yet, I'm afraid.
你们档案馆里有布伦纳姆谷的资料吗
Is there anything in the archive on Blenheim Vale?
我一下想不出什么
Nothing that springs to mind.
那里关了有10年了吧
It's been shut, what, ten years?
11年
Eleven.
有一桩...什么来着
There was a... what was it?
我似乎记得那里关闭几年后
I've a vague recollection of a suicide
发生了一起自杀
couple of years after it closed.
一个小伙子上吊了
A young man hanged himself.
你记得名字吗
You wouldn't remember a name?
我可以去看看 把我们的资料给你们发去
I could have a look, send on what we've got.
你们不如去郡警局查 可能更快
You'd probably be quicker getting on to County.
是他们调查的 没什么蹊跷
They looked at it-- there was nothing there.
我报道了死因调查 非常简单明了
I covered the inquest; it was open and shut.
再见了
Toodle-oo.
谢谢 弗雷泽小姐
Thank you, Ms. Frazil.
是不是该再去找一次兰德斯曼
I wonder if it is worth having another go at Landesman.
你不是为帕特森的事问过他了吗
You already braced him over Patterson, haven't you?
是 但没问过乔治·奥德里奇
Yes, but not George Aldridge.
好吧 我去找彻奇督察
All right, I'm going to dig out Dl Church,
看他在郡警局那边听到过什么没有
see if he can shed any light on the County angle.
我们回头去酒吧汇总
We can compare notes down the watering hole, right?
是 长官
Yes, sir.
摩斯非说是我们清空了奥德里奇的牢房♥
Morse putting it about we cleared Aldridge's cell
郡警局的人对他可印象不佳 相信我
has not won him any friends at County, I can promise you.
他说的对吗
Anything in it?
我是没听说
Not that I've heard.
那布伦纳姆谷呢
What about Blenheim Vale?
新总部吗
The new HQ?
据说 市议会有人收了钱
Word is a few palms got nicely greased up
还不少 才通过了这事
at the Council getting that through.
-比如谁 -比如温特格林
- Like whose, for instance? - Like Wintergreen, for one.
温特格林
Wintergreen?
市政厅贪污
Town Hall graft.
从古至今了
Came in with the Ark, didn't it?
那之前呢
What about before that?
做男童院的时候
When it was a boys' school?
当时不是我的辖区
Wasn't my patch then.
我是在它关闭后才跟那里有交集的
I didn't come across till after it'd closed.
我听说八♥九♥年前 有个小伙子
I was told there was a lad hanged himself
在那里上吊自杀了
eight or nine years back.
可能吧
Might've done.
你不能替我们查查吗
You couldn't have a dig around for us, could you?
我不知道 弗莱德
I don't know, Fred.
我们这边 有潜藏的危险
Some things in our game... sleeping dogs.
什么意思
What does that mean?
意思是 光是跟你说话就是在冒险了
It means I'm taking a risk even talking to you.
那你干吗还答应来
So why'd you agree to meet?
因为他们也不能把我怎样了
'Cause there's nothing they can do to me.
我要退休了
I'm putting my papers in.
下个月这时候 就再没有彻奇督察了
This time next month it'll be Inspector Church no longer.
就是彻奇先生了
Plain old Mr. Church.
我觉得我一点也不会介意
I've a feeling I won't mind that one bit.
都变了 弗莱德
All change, Fred.
该走了
Time to go.
如果你听说了任何关于奥德里奇的事
If you do hear anything on Aldridge...
他死了
He's dead.
埋了他 忘了他吧
Bury him and forget him.
为了你自己好
For your own sake.
兰德斯曼先生
Mr. Landesman?
你是警员...
Detective Constable...
摩斯
Morse.
你认识斯坦迪什警♥察♥局长吧
You know Chief Constable Standish, I take it?
还有查德督察
And Detective Inspector Chard.
警员 怎么回事
Detective Constable, what's this about?
是为了调查
It's pursuant to an inquiry
乔治·奥德里奇被杀一案 长官
into the murder of George Aldridge, sir.
他是法穆利开放式监狱那个逃犯
He is the escapee from Farnleigh Open Prison.
你认识他吗 兰德斯曼先生
Did you know him, Mr. Landesman?
我恐怕一向不会去钻犯罪圈
I'm afraid, as a rule, I don't seek the society of habitual criminals.
除了这些老坏蛋
Present company.
他1950年前后
He was at Blenheim Vale
住在布伦纳姆谷男童院
in the late '40s, early '50s.
警员 我购买♥♥ 卖♥♥出 开♥发♥地♥产♥
Constable, I buy, sell and develop properties.
盈利 损失
Profit and loss.
我只在乎这些了
That's as far as my interest extends.
至于那里的历史
The history of a place?
曾经住过什么人
Who lived there?
恐怕那跟我无关了
I'm afraid that's none of my business.
如果你没别的问题了 警员
Unless there was anything else you wanted to ask, Constable.
是 斯坦迪什警♥察♥局长 查德督察
No, Chief Constable Standish, Dl Chard.
我没别的事了 先生
That was all, sir.
很抱歉打扰你们雅兴了
I'm sorry to have interrupted your game.
你是有责难我们的意思吗
Do I detect a note of rebuke?
你可得盯着点这乡下小子
You want to watch that rube, eh?
得了 杰里
Come on, Gerry.
他只是在尽职工作
He's only doing his job.
他五点前能回来
He'll be back before five.
可以给他捎个口信吗
May I give him a message?
谢谢
Thank you.
不好意思 先生
Do excuse me, sir.
尼古拉斯·迈耶斯 初级书♥记♥官
Nicholas Myers, junior clerk.
有什么可以帮你的
How may I be of service?
摩斯警员 市警局
Detective Constable Morse, City Police.
上周一这里寄出了一封信
A letter was sent from this office a week ago last Monday
给《牛津邮报》
to the Oxford Mail.
是一则私人广♥告♥
An advert for the personal columns.
不知你是否能跟我说说此事
I was wondering if you might be able to shed any light on that?
怎么说 先生
In what regard, sir?
我想知道信是谁写的
Well, I'm looking to find out who wrote the letter.
这样啊 那很遗憾 我无法帮您
I see. Then I regret I'm unable to be of any assistance.
我只负责寄出去
I merely post and frank.
信件是合伙人的秘书们负责的
Correspondence is taken care of by the partners' secretaries.
当然了 如果事关哪位委托人
Of course, if it relates to a client,
那将是受保密权保护的
it would be covered by legal confidentiality.
应该不是吧
That doesn't seem to be the case.
这是件私事
This was a private matter.
这样啊
I see.
我当然可以去问问几位合伙人 先生
Well, I can ask the partners, of course, sir.
那谢谢你帮忙了
Well, thank you for your assistance.
不客气 先生
Not at all, sir.
你不会认识乔治·奥德里奇吧
You wouldn't happen to know a George Aldridge, I suppose?
不 我不熟悉这个名字
No. That's not a name with which I'm familiar.
谢谢
Thank you.
市议员 现在的情况是
You see, Alderman, the way things stand,
我们听到消息 你因为确保了
we've got you rumored to be on a nice little earner
兰德斯曼能拿到布伦纳姆谷的合同
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表