I'm sure Muriel can help you with anything else.
怎么了
What's this?
还是关于游♥行♥时的闹剧吗
More about that nonsense at the parade?
不 是个小姑娘被人杀了
No, no, some young kid's got herself killed.
你刚刚说她叫什么来着
What did you say her name was again?
弗丽达·亚兰德
Frida Yelland.
我们和一位戴法奇先生谈过
We spoke to a Mr. Delfarge,
他说把她转手给你们代理了
said he sold her on to you to manage.
是的 我记得
Ah, yes, I remember.
我们谈了佣金比例 但没有签合同
We negotiated a percentage, but nothing was signed.
但她为你工作过
But she worked for you?
她参加过几次展会
She did a couple of exhibitions.
船展 车展
The boat show, motor show.
她不是做这一行的料
She wasn't really cut out for it.
她提过自己的男友吗
She ever talk about a boyfriend?
提过佩蒂福吗
What about Pettifer?
她可能认识他
It's possible she may have known him.
她父亲在战争中牺牲
Her father was killed in the war.
亚兰德也是这么说的
Yelland said as much.
他收养了弗丽达 视如己出地把她养大
He took on Frida and raised her as if she were his own.
这不是官方电报 长官
It's not the official telegram, sir.
里面有封战后他指挥官寄来的信
There's a letter there sent by his CO. after the war.
"亲爱的斯普林太太
"Dear Mrs. Spurling,
您如今应该已收到陆军部的函件
You will by now have received notice from the War Office
告知您丈夫的离世..."
of your terrible loss..."
怎么 这种信我看多了 你想说什么
So? I've seen enough like it. What's your point?
且不说他不会用标点符号♥
Well, lack of punctuation notwithstanding,
更引起我注意的是那个签名
it's more the signature that caught my eye.
阿奇博德·巴顿上尉
"Captain Archibald Batten."
我父亲曾是南威尔士山谷的一名矿工
My father was a miner in the Valleys of South Wales.
他过过苦日子
He'd known poverty.
但贫穷并没使他愤愤不平
But it hadn't made him bitter.
他曾对我说
He used to say to me,
"芭芭拉 当世界向你展现出最坏的一面
"Barbara, when the world shows you its worst,
这时 人们就会向你展现出最好一面"
that's when people show you their best."
很棒的演讲
That was a very good speech.
这是说服举棋不定的选民的最后机会
Last chance to convince any undecideds.
至少没人叫我滚回厨房♥
At least nobody told me to get back in the kitchen,
这不容易了
which is something.
我觉得您讲得很有激♥情♥
I thought it was very passionate.
那我能得到你的选票了
I can count on your vote, then.
我不...投票
I don't. Vote.
这是人们用生命为你换得的权利
People died so you could.
这是你与生俱来 用鲜血和汗水换来的权利
It's your birthright, paid for in sweat and blood.
好了吗 亲爱的
All right, my dear?
这是哪位
Who's this?
巴顿上尉
Captain Batten.
不知能否和您聊几句
I wonder if I might have a moment of your time.
市警局 摩斯警员
City Police, DC Morse.
警局 是为了姬蒂的事吗
Police? Is this about Kitty?
不 巴顿太太
No, Mrs. Batten.
是关于另一起案子
It's about another matter.
不会耽搁您太长时间
It won't take a moment.
我写过很多这样的信
I wrote many such letters.
太多了
Too many.
我依稀记得有位二等兵斯普林
I've a vague recollection of Private Spurling,
但遗憾的是 我恐怕已经对不上脸了
but sadly, I'm afraid, faces do start to blur.
我们想知道亚兰德小姐是否联♥系♥过你
We wondered if Miss Yelland had been in contact with you.
联♥系♥我
With me?
没有
No.
为了什么
To what end?
或许和她父亲有关
Some connection with her father, perhaps.
她来牛津肯定是有理由的
Something brought her to Oxford.
这样啊
I see.
那抱歉让你们失望了
Then I'm afraid I'm sorry to disappoint.
我没见过她
I never met her.
写完这封信后
I doubt I've thought about her name
我大概到今天才又想起这个名字
from the moment I wrote that letter until today.
有个叫佩蒂福的 你见过他 或被他联♥系♥过吗
You've never met or been contacted by a man called Pettifer?
他是伦敦的一名私♥家♥侦♥探♥
He's a private inquiry agent from London.
没有 当然没有
No. Good heavens, no.
无良媒体
I mean, the guttersnipes in the press
总想找机会抹黑芭芭拉
are always looking for an angle to do Barbara down,
但他们应该也不会做这么卑鄙的事
but I can't see even them stooping so low as that.
我得问一下
Just for the record,
游♥行♥那天早上你在哪里
where were you on the morning of the pageant?
和芭芭一起参加竞选活动
Campaigning with Barb.
在拉德克里夫医院对护士们演讲
A speech to nurses at the Radcliffe Infirmary.
昨天下午呢
And yesterday afternoon?
挨家挨户地拉票
Canvassing door to door,
我的脚可以作证
as my feet will bear testament.
需要的话 我可以脱袜子
I can slip my sock off, if you like.
不 不用了...
No, that won't be...
谢谢你的帮助
Thank you for your assistance,
祝巴顿太太明天好运
and the best of luck to Mrs. Batten tomorrow.
喝一杯吗
Pint?
不 我不了 如果你不介意的话
No, I won't, if it's all the same.
那晚安了
Night, then.
晚安
Good night.
你应该留下来听的
You should've stayed.
你会为她骄傲的
You'd have been proud.
我是为她骄傲
I am.
长官
Sir!
这的确是被盗的矛尖
This is indeed the stolen spearhead.
你们在哪找到的
Where did you find it?
在河道里 先生
In the tunnel, sir.
在弗丽达·亚兰德陈尸处附近
Close by Frida Yelland's body.
看来盗贼黑暗中被尸体绊倒 就掉了它
Looks like the thief stumbled over the corpse in the dark and lost it.
他提前混入学院
He was already inside the college.
偷了东西后 趁着黑夜
He steals the goods, then makes his getaway
从河道逃走了
under cover of darkness through the stream.
你的一位巡警同僚随口提过
One of your uniformed associates mentioned in passing
你是个牛津学生 对吗
that you were an Oxford man, is that right?
我一向不喜欢那个说法
I've always rather despised that phrase.
挺容易生气啊
Chippy, are we?
怎么 大三成绩不好吗
What, poor Third?
你是姬蒂·巴顿的导师 对吗
You're tutor to Kitty Batten, aren't you?
你怎么看她
What do you make to her?
父亲问题
Daddy issues.
更准确地说 是父母问题
Well, Mommy and Daddy issues to be precise.
所以最近才疯狂博关注
Hence all this "Look at me!" of late.
狠狠揍一顿肯定就能教育好
Nothing a good spanking wouldn't cure, I'm sure.
我明白了
Oh, I see.
被她迷住了 是吧
Turned your head, has she?
几杯上头
Touch of the barley fever.
渴望来些"激烈运动"
Got you yearning for bouts of erotic gymnastics
顺便聊聊托马斯·曼[德国作家]和新左派理论
punctuated by Thomas Mann and the New Left Review?
毕竟肉体是脆弱的
The flesh is weak, I suppose.
我需要看的都看够了 谢谢
I've seen all I need to, thank you.
给你 先生
There you go, sir.
谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢 伙计
Thanks, mate.
听说你现在喝得挺多
I hear it's off ration these days.
我今天已经听够了建议
I've had enough advice for one day.
那你愿意给点建议吗
And how do you feel about giving some?
有人邀请我今晚参加一场见面会
I've been invited to a meet and greet this evening
可能会介绍我加入一个
with a view to being initiated into a certain
古老的兄弟会
ancient fraternity.
不是所有人都像你那么聪明 伙计
We haven't all got your brain, matey.
再怎么学都比不上
Never will have.
有些人需要帮助
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表