我认为掌权者独大才是问题
I think one ruler is the problem.
这些领袖或许看似有差异
From up close, they're different, perhaps. Moment to moment
但那只不过是幻觉
but that's just an illusion...
就像市政♥府♥那出戏码
like the charade at City Hall.
退一步看 就会知道
From above, no.
所有独♥裁♥者最终都会下台
All men who rule by and for themselves alone will succumb.
到头来 历史只会不断重复
In the end, the cycle is the cycle.
那又有何意义?
Then what's the point...
如果最后的结局都一样
if it's all the same in the end?
你很像从前的我
You remind me of myself.
我曾经历过一场革命
You know, I've been through a revolution.
我相信未来会所有不同
I believed there was a difference.
我认为英明的领袖能维护正义
I believed in the incorruptibility of one great ruler
于是我拿起枪杆子 为毛主席的理想奋战
and I picked up a gun to serve Mao for what he said was right
听从他的命令朝人开枪
and I fired at people he told me to.
而我的这股信念
And my belief...
让一个孩子成了孤儿
orphaned a child.
我杀了他的父母
I took his parents,
为了赎罪 我抚养他长大 弥补我的信念造成的悲剧
and I took my atonement and I raised him out of the mess that I created with my belief.
我会这样问你只是因为在走上不归路前没人这样问过我
I ask you this only because no one asked me before it was too late.
如果你让孩子成为了孤儿 你会怎么办?
What will you do when you leave orphans?
你能留下并照顾他们吗?
Are you prepared to stay and raise them?
你想知道我赢回儿子之后 会怎么做
You want to know what happens after I win my son back?
我会离开 就这么简单
I leave. That's it.
这不是我的战争
Look, this isn't my war here.
可惜了
Pity.
我们真幸运 有这么聪明年轻的女性支持者
We are so fortunate to have such a bright, young woman behind our cause.
是啊 有她真好
Yeah. She's the best.
我一直想向她展示 我们合作后的可能性
Been trying to show her what we might be together.
我跟苏西解释过了
As I explained to Susie
我纯粹是为儿子而来 仅此而已
my only pursuit here is my son, nothing more.
听我说 我‥
Look. I...
我想给你看个东西
I need to show you something.
快招
The name!
住手 这是怎么回事?
Stop! What is this?
我遇到了一个小问题
I have a small problem.
有人偷走了我的黄金
Someone's been stealing my gold
是这家伙泄露讯息给他的
because this one here has been leaking information.
他不想告诉我小偷的名字
Now he doesn't want to give me the thief's name
这个我能理解
which I understand.
人都要有自己的原则
A man must have a code.
你很不错
It's good of you.
但我不需要他的名字
But I don't need his name.
因为你‥
Because you...
你得交出小偷本人
you're gonna give me the thief himself.
跟他约在宾州车站下 那间餐馆的地下金库见面
Set a meet at the gold cache at the diner under Penn Station,
日落后
sundown.
你这是想干吗? 炫耀?
What are you doing, flexing?
我很感谢你这几天为我拉票
I appreciate your efforts over the last few days proselytizing my name.
我很清楚我对你来说 只是达成目标的工具而已
I'm clear on what I am to you. Means to an end.
你有什么好在乎的?
What do you care?
选票就是选票 -我很在乎 艾玛
Votes are votes. - I care, Alma.
我在非战区学到了一件事
If the DMZ's taught me one thing
这里容不下虚伪
it's that there's no room for pretending here.
我们不再需要装模作样了
No more code switching. That bullshit's behind us.
我现在坚决要永远做自己
I am now ferociously committed to always being me.
出于我对你的尊重
And I respect you too much...
我得让你清楚我的真面目
to have you under any illusions about what I am.
你到底有什么问题?
The fuck is wrong with you?
清理干净 把人带出去
Clean him up, get them out of here.
你加油吧
Do your best.
帮帮我 拜托 -没事的 可恶‥
Help me, please. - Okay.
好 没事的
It's okay.
接下来会很痛 知道吗?
This is gonna hurt, okay?
整个过程都会很痛
It's all gonna hurt.
我只是要‥
I just have to...
好
Okay.
拿出来了
There we go. Okay.
应该没有碎片
I think that's all of it.
你帮助的小偷是谁?
Who's the thief you've been helping?
我知道帕可在做黄金交易
I know Parco's dealing out gold.
是不是他的手下?
Does your guy work for him?
听着 我的手一离开伤口
Look, I take my hands off of this wound
你就会失血死亡
you bleed out right here
我能帮你缝合 救你一命
or I can stitch you up and you live
你只要说出他的名字
if you give me the name.
血压正在下降
Blood pressure's dropping.
心跳越来越慢
Your heart is slowing.
威尔逊去那间餐馆会见到谁?
Who is Wilson going to find in that diner?
骸骨
Skel.
好
Okay.
你在干吗?
What are you doing?
天啊
Oh, my God.
你真是个疯子
You're insane.
好漂亮
That's incredible.
你觉得那里的人们 现在在做什么?
What do you think they're doing out there right now?
如果是你 会做什么?
What would you be doing?
我没办法想像
I don't even know.
遛狗 做瑜珈?
Walking the dog, yoga?
最好是
Yeah. Right.
或许吧
Well, maybe.
在我辛苦工作一整天后 为我煮一顿丰盛的晚餐?
Putting an amazing dinner on the table as I get home from a long day?
你是这么想像的吗? -是啊
Oh, is that what you see? - Yeah.
我倒觉得煮饭的会是你
Because I see you putting dinner on the table for me.
看起来是羊排 这是你的拿手菜 对吧?
It looks like rack of lamb. That's your specialty, right?
我能想像了 我会在院子里种菜
I see it now. I'm growing in the yard.
院子会很大 因为我们有三个小孩
We got a big one 'cause we got three kids.
两个小孩 -目前为止
Two kids. - So far.
我们周日会带他们去 史东金艺术中心
We're gonna take them to Storm King on Sunday
欣赏一些雕塑
see some sculptures
培养点文化气息
you know, get some culture
我们的小孩不能是野蛮人
'cause we're not raising heathens.
我不想思考这些
I don't wanna do this.
抱歉 我得意忘形了
I'm sorry. I got carried away.
我爸很喜欢艺术
My dad was keen on art.
古典音乐
Classical music...
电影
film.
他总是这样说
That was his line
要培养我的文化气息
to raise me with culture
而现在威尔逊认为
and now I have Wilson, who thinks
他的唐人街上的文化 对我来说就够了
all the culture I need is right here in his Chinatown.
你准备好要说说他了吗?
Are you ready to talk about him?
你从不想回家
You don't ever want to go home
把东西留在我这里
you're leaving your stuff behind.
威尔逊曾为我爸效力
Wilson worked for my dad.
他在我小时候收留了他 然后‥
He took him in when I was little and then...
我爸在战争初期去世了
Dad died in the early days of the war.
我当时十四岁
I was 14.
威尔逊就把我当自己人保护
And Wilson just took to protecting me like I was his own.
他说我爸会希望如此
"Like my dad would want," he says.
他伤害过你吗?
Has he hurt you?
不是这样的
It's not like that.
他总是会想要‥
He has this thing, like...
尊敬或是推崇我
wants to honor me, exalt me.
他四处宣扬我是他的侄女
He tells people that I'm his niece
他的公主
his "princess."
我根本不是中国人 但‥
I'm not even Chinese, but...
我被关在他那豪华的监狱里
I live in his gilded prison...
所以我不喜欢去想像
which is why I don't feel like rubbing my nose
那些我永远不会得到的自♥由♥
in the kind of freedom I'll never have.