剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
《财富战争》前情提要
Previously on Billions.
什么声音 是火焰燃烧的声音吗
What is that? A fire crackling?
嗯 厅堂酒吧 很温馨
Yeah. Lobby bar. It's homey.
你们每人都会得到一个 - 出于关怀员工健康
All of you are gonna get one. - This'll track your sleep,
和促进工作效率 它将监测你们的睡眠
your resting heart rate, and other vitals
静息心率和其他重要指标
in the name of well-being and productivity.
二十四小时全天候佩戴
You wear it 24 7.
联邦调查局
Fbi!
出来 - 吉尔伯特医生 我是查克·罗兹
Spread out! - Dr. Gilbert, my name is Chuck Rhoades.
你知道我是无辜的 - 无辜
You know I'm innocent. - Innocent?
不 我不这么认为
No, I cannot credit that assertion.
我们会大赚一笔的 这个发明
We'll make a dang fortune. And this is the kind of idea
就是为竞选量身定做的
custom-made to campaign on.
是公♥司♥里的一个小高层
He's one of the heads of the firm.
名叫菲利普·查恩的年轻人
Young guy named Philip Charyn finds himself
发现自己站到了普林斯的对立面
on the opposite side of Prince.
听起来很神秘复杂
Sounds Byzantine.
在我看来 他是想让我
It seemed to me that he was asking me
把你也拉进来
to bring you in on the situation.
我需要请律师吗 - 你叫我来的
Do I need to call a lawyer? - You sent for me.
你并没有在电线杆上贴X标志
You didn't tape an "X" To a telephone pole,
可你还是要求见面了啊
but you asked for a meet just the same.
我很高兴你放弃了竞选国会议员
I love that you're ditching your race for Congress.
你应该去普瑞来上班 我没有放弃竞选
You should go long Purell. I'm not ditching a thing.
可你还在这里啊
But you're still here?
但作为总统 最重要的举措
Most important actions a president can take
莫过于确保
are those that assure
永远不会发生核战争
that no nuclear weapon is ever fired.
如果敌对国家要发动战争
If a hostile nation state were going to initiate,
我愿意率先发射
I would be open to launching first
来阻止他们
in order to shut them down.
哪怕这可能意味着世界末日的降临
Even if it may mean the end of the world as we know it.
完全不自我怀疑的人不应图谋登上
People without self-doubt should never put themselves
绝对权力之位
in a position of complete power.
只有这种人适合当统治者
They're the only ones who should rule,
因为自我怀疑统治着其他人
because the other people let self-doubt rule them.
那绝对不会是我
That would never be me.
希望你们喜欢 请慢用
Hope you enjoy. Take your time.
谢谢你 萨尔
Thank you, Sal.
检察官 你整晚都在盯着我看啊
Counselor, you've been eyeing me all night.
这里除了我 就只有您一位啊
You're the only other person in the establishment.
还能往哪儿看
Not sure where else I might look.
我不是说你眼睛看我
I didn't say you were looking at me.
我是说你在打量我
I said you were eyeing me.
你当然在看 我俩正说话呢
Of course you're looking. We're talking.
但你的眼睛一直在我脸上
But, uh, your eyes keep searching my face,
寻找答案
trying to find an answer.
只不过 你一直在回避问题
Only thing is, you're dancing around the question.
以前当过警♥察♥
Once a cop, huh?
退休也改不了啊
Even in retirement.
我善于观察 不是因为我当过警♥察♥
Not observant 'cause I was an officer of the law.
我之所以能成为一名称职的警♥察♥
Reason I was an effective officer of the law,
之所以能晋升至这样位置
reason I rose in the ranks as I did,
原因就是我有观察能力
that's because, to start, I had the power of observation,
你想知道观察力是什么吗
which, you want to know what that really is?
我倒要听听您的看法
I suspect I'm gonna hear your perspective on it.
嗯 当然
So, yeah, sure.
是全神贯注 绝不看向别处
It's the refusal to look away.
我们都会这样
We all want to,
尤其是我们瞥见
especially when we glimpse something
一些不想看到的东西
we'd prefer not to see,
或注意到一些不想牵涉的问题时
or we notice something we'd rather not deal with.
丈夫往往在得知妻子出轨数月
You know, guys know their wife is stepping out on them
甚至数年后才会选择
months, years before they bring themselves
接受事实
to accept that knowledge.
同样 投资者心里会有一种感觉
Same way an investor has that sneaky feeling in his stomach
认为财务人员私行不轨
that his money guy is lying to him.
但他午餐吃完小牛肉时就将这种感觉抛掷脑后...
But he writes it off to the last veal parm he had for lunch...
那您是注意到
And you think you've noticed something
我盯着您看的眼神了吗
in how my eyes are alighting on your face?
如果你再这么磨蹭下去
If you stall much longer,
我们就得让他们开门供应早餐了
we're gonna have to ask them to open for breakfast.
辛纳屈当年坐的座位就在后面供着呢
And they didn't even do that for Sinatra
就连他都没享受过
when he was sitting back over there
这待遇
in the sanctified seats.
如果他开口的话 他们肯定会照做的
Well, I'm sure they would have, if he'd asked.
查克 我们吃过饭了
Chuck, we've supped.
喝过酒了
We've libated.
是时候了
Now's the time.
是时候了
Now is the time, huh?
嗯 嗯
Okay, okay.
是时候啦
Now is the time.
讲讲看 罗兹
Just out with it, Rhoades.
无论证据是否存在 无论是否需要帮助
The practice of making sure a guilty man goes down,
都要将罪犯绳之以法 在拘捕警官
whether the evidence exists or needs to be helped along,
以及他们的同僚之流心中
when no doubt exists in the minds
无疑都有此种想法
of the arresting officers, their peers, et cetera.
这种事过去时有发生
It used to happen sometimes.
我相信现在依然如此
Still does, I'm sure.
有人会将一袋毒品塞进家暴者的车里
Guy would stick a bag of dope in a wife-beater's car.
诸如此类的事情
That kind of thing.
因为你知道 没了他 世界会更好
Because you knew the world would be better with him gone.
可是...
Yeah, but...
"涉嫌"逮捕这一招 没有警♥察♥想的
it never works the way the cop thinks it will,
那样有效
flaking a guy.
没什么用处
Not really.
想法和执行之间的某个环节出现了问题
Somewhere between the idea and the execution, things go wrong.
你必须有确切的犯罪证据
You gotta have the evidence of guilt of the actual crime,
而不是你认为他可能犯罪
not the crime you think he might commit
或已经犯罪
or also committed.
你要有执行逮捕的原因
The one you're arresting him for.
或者呢
Or else?
处于危险中的灵魂
Anima in periculo.
您还记得修女们教的拉丁文啊
You remember some of the Latin the nuns gave you.
让人欣慰啊 但如果我想确保
That brings a smile. But if I wanted to ensure
我的灵魂永远不会处于危险之中
my soul would never be in peril,
我会选择成为一名兽医
I'd have become, I don't know, a veterinarian.
嗯
Yeah.
不过 还是有所不同的
But still, this is different.
陷害他人会对人的内心造成怎样的影响
What it does to a person's insides to frame someone.
但这并非我不推荐如此手段的原因
And that's still not why it's on my "Do not recommend" list.
问题在于
The problem is,
整个体系会在自身重压之下崩溃
the system collapses under its own weight.
虽然不是现在 但也很快了
Not right away. Soon enough.
正义之路是为服务所有人而设的
Those lines on the road to justice exist to serve everyone.
不应被等闲视之
They should not be traipsed over.
可如果这个人不仅有罪
But what if the guy isn't only guilty,
而且对社会构成持续的巨大危害呢
but a continuing and enormous danger to society?
对全世界亦如此呢
To the world?
所以你要的是某种许可 并非指导啊
So it is some kind of permission you're after, not guidance.
我不能同意
I can't grant it.
也不会同意
I won't.
对你个人和整件事都不好
Bad for you. Bad for the whole deal.
你想提前获得赦免
You want absolution in advance,
可以去找其他部门的局长
take it up with a commissioner of a different department.
你们为什么
Why can't you get this guy
不直接行使部门权力去抓捕这个人呢
under the legitimate weight of your own office?
因为用寻常手段是抓不了他的
Because this guy can't be got with normal methods.
他可是"国王"呢
He's a king.
但是个"疯王"
But a mad king.
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表