剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
as BB King at Sun Studios in 1950 cutting "Mistreated Woman."
[笑]
是的,蓝调之王在猫王之前几年就在那里录制了。
Yeah, the king of the blues recorded there years before Elvis the King.
但我们别跑题了。
But let's not get off track.
除非你能给我不走的理由,否则我要带我的客户离开。
Uh, I'm gonna walk my client out of here unless you can give me reason not to.
这个理由怎么样:我认为世界对查克的看法是错误的。
How's this for reason: I have come to think the world was wrong about Charles "Chuck" Rhoades, Jr.
可能的共识点。真有趣。
A point of possible agreement. Fascinating.
错在哪里?
Wrong how?
我认为我和其他人都没看清的是,这个人是一个斗士。
Well, I think what I, and the rest of the world, missed, is that this man is a crusader.
[戴夫] 一个两次被罢官的罪犯。
[Dave] A criminal twice removed from office.
你刚刚证明了我的观点。
You just made my point.
如果在讨论的这些年里
What if working inside the structure of the government,
真的想在政♥府♥的体制内为人♥民♥服务
especially in the years under discussion,
而又不能完全按照法律来行事呢?
it wasn't possible to really do the people's bidding while following the letter of the law?
我有消息来源告诉我——非常可信的消息来源
I have sources who have told me-- compelling and convincing sources
——罗兹先生被两次罢官是因为他拒绝屈服于权力。
that Mr. Rhoades was twice removed because he refused to back down to power.
他决心为正义,让掌控一切的少数人受罚。
That he was determined to bring to justice those few that control all.
通常我会对此感到非常兴奋,但我不相信你的意图,先生。
Normally, I'd be thrilled by this, but I don't trust your agenda, man.
好直觉。
Good instinct.
[波特] 如果我是你,查克,我也会这么看。但我亲眼看到了。
[Porter] I'd see it same from your seat, Chuck, but I've watched it.
你是唯一一个不仅仅是用言语站出来反对亿万富翁的人。
You're the only one who stood up to the billionaires with more than words.
唯一一个付出代价的人。
The only one who paid a price.
如检察官所说,被两次罢官
Twice removed, as the attorney general said,
现在又被起诉,这一切为了什么?
prosecuted now, and for what?
[戴夫] 因为违法了。
For breaking the law.
我起诉的是实际违规行为,不是意图。
I prosecute infractions, not intentions.
那这句就是你的引用了。
That'll be your quote then.
罗兹,你想说点什么吗?
Rhoades, you want to say something?
不,我不想和你说话。
Nah. I'm not talking to you.
即使我认为我被陷害了
Even as I agree that I have been railroaded,
我会在法庭上为我的案子战斗
I'm gonna fight my case and win in court,
然后继续我的事业。
and then go about my business.
波特先生,你该干♥你♥的事了,别再这里打扰我。
As you should go about yours, Mr. Porter, out there, and leave me to mine in here.
我会走,但这并不意味着我会离开你。
I'll go, but that doesn't mean I'm leaving you.
哦,把这种情感写进歌♥里,也许你写作就有点意义了。
Oh. Set that sentiment to music, and maybe you'll make something out of your writing.
[查克] -再见。
[chuckles] -Goodbye.
是他。Big Red。
It's him. Big Red.
他在发信♥号♥♥吗?
Is he sending out a flare?
他希望我们看到吗?
Does he want us to see?
如果他不希望,我怎么会发现?
If he didn't, how would I spot it?
你在这个重大启示的时候是不是在抽大♥麻♥?
Were you chiefing up at the moment of this big revelation?
那问题真是侮辱人。也伤感情。
That's an insulting question. And hurtful.
为什么你总认为我在抽大♥麻♥?
Why does it have to be that I was chiefing up?
你确实在工作时间抽过。
You've been known to partake, even during work hours.
觉得我不能控制自己是最不尊重的部分。
The idea that I can't hold my weed is the disrespectful part.
好吧,麦飞,你是怎么发现的?
Okay, Mafee, how did you spot it?
[麦飞] 当时我确实在抽大♥麻♥——享受着Nautical Twilight
[Mafee] Now, I did happen to be chiefing up, as discussed
——正是我看到它的时候。
enjoying some Nautical Twilight, as a matter of fact-- at the time I saw it.
[打字声] -不可能。
[typing] -No.
不会是真的。
Couldn't be.
没那回事。
No way.
但也许。
But maybe.
所以我换了一种sativa来仔细想这件事。
So I switched to a sativa to think through this one.
恶魔风,尽管名字听起来很恐怖
Diablo Wind, which, despite its frightening and evil-sounding name,
但实际上是一种头脑清醒的大♥麻♥,非常适合集中思考。
is actually cerebral and perfect for getting things done.
[泰勒]麦飞! -抱歉。继续说...
[Taylor] Mafee! -Sorry. Anyway...
起初我以为我看到的是一个无效的交易者。
at first I'm thinking I'm looking at some noise trader.
但后来我注意到它有技术成分。
But then I notice a technical component to it.
但这交易量实在太大了。
But the sizing was too great.
但这并不是某家大机构。
Yet it wasn't an institution.
然后... -等尘埃落定呢?
And then... -When the smoke cleared?
...我意识到我看到的是半强势形式效率。
...I realized I was looking at Semi-Strong Form Efficiency.
让我看看。
Let me see.
无论是谁,他都反应快、行事果断,稳健。
Whoever it was, he was fast, aggressive, sure-footed.
你知道我比任何人都更了解艾克斯的交易风格。
You know I know Axe's trading style better than anyone.
我研究过。我敢肯定,这就是他。
I've studied it. And this is him. I'm sure of it.
是吗。
Uh-huh.
是谁让你查的,Mafee?
Who put you up to looking, Mafee?
不,这是我自己的主意。
No. No, this was on my own.
但在向你确认之前,我不想确定那就是他。
But I didn't want to, like, commit to the idea that it was him without running it by you.
我不打算告诉其他人。
I wasn't going to tell anyone about it.
我没接到,你知道的,指令。
Wasn't, you know, tasked.
[电脑提示音]
[computer chimes]
哦,你好。-[泰勒] 帮我找出是谁
Oh. Hello. -[Taylor] Help me figure out
让麦飞通过艾克斯的交易追踪艾克斯。
who asked Mafee to find Axe through Axe's trades.
我做的。我需要找到他,但他已经销声匿迹了。
I did it. I need to reach him, but he's gone to ground.
所以我想他可以追踪到他
So I figured he could track him, and then you could bait him,
然后你用麦飞知道的事情来引诱他。
using what Mafee knows.
[泰勒] 不,没人能引诱到他。
[Taylor] No. No one could bait him.
如果艾克斯不想被发现,麦飞是看不到的。
And no way Mafee sees this if Axe didn't want to be seen.
等一下。
Just a sec.
[电♥话♥震动]
[phone vibrating]
啊,贝西伯爵爵士乐团终于又聚在一起了。
Ah, the Count Basie Orchestra together again.
只是康特自己不在。
Only the Count himself is missing.
我是这么想的。
Here's how I figure it.
你遵循了规定,说他联♥系♥不上
You followed protocol, said he was unreachable,
然后告诉他我想联♥系♥他
then told him I wanted to connect because you can reach him,
因为你可以联♥系♥到他,然后他想玩点小把戏。
and then he had to have a little fun.
啊。
Ah.
麦飞是否注意到能源部门有某种独特的交易风格?
Did Mafee notice a certain signature trading style in the energy sector?
我是对的!太好了!
I was right! Fuck yeah!
我知道那家伙有点特别。
I knew there was something about that guy.
主管决定。
Chief on that.
我想那位大佬只是想知道你有多想建立联♥系♥。现在他知道了。
I think the big guy just wanted to know how serious you were about connecting. And now he does.
我有点想投身其中,但意愿不够强烈。
I am tempted to engage in all of this, but not enough.
我已经厌倦了阴谋,厌倦了政♥变♥。
I'm done with intrigue, with palace coups.
我只想继续积累我的战争基金。
I just want to keep building my war chest.
我只想继续赚钱,巩固我在这个混乱的行业中的声誉
Just keep making money and strengthening my rep in this fucking business,
但最近公♥司♥的事情让这变得愈发困难。
which is becoming increasingly difficult with the latest bullshit at the firm.
我们还没结束这个话题。
We're not done talking about this.
现在结束了。
We are for now.
但麦飞,这真是个奇妙的时机,这点我得承认。
But it is weirdly perfect timing, Mafee, I'll grant you that.
我一直在考虑你和你的公♥司♥。
I've been thinking about you and your shop.
实际上,是关于它的衰落。
Its demise, really.
[手♥机♥震动]
[cell phone buzzes]
[笑声]
[laughs]
哇。
Wow.
你好,老爸。
Hello, Pop.
[笑声]
[laughs]
哦,不,我当然会接受你的祝贺,即使这只是一个小...
Oh, no, I will accept your congratulations for sure, -even as this is a small
[通话等待哔声] -哦,我有另一个电♥话♥。
[call waiting beeps] Oh, I got another call coming in.
稍后给你回电♥话♥。
Let me get you back.
艾森!
很高兴你打来,我的好朋友。谢谢你告诉我你看到了那篇文章。
Capital to hear from you, my good m-- And thank you for letting me know you saw it.
是的。
Yes.
很高兴终于有人报道了真♥相♥... -[敲门声] -啊,我家的门。
It is good to see that the right story is finally-- -[knock on door] -Uh, there's my front door.
好。
Yeah.
好的。
Okay.
我很快回给你,伙计。
Back to you soon, pal.
[轻笑]
[chuckles]
天呐。
Holy fuckballs.
那个卢西恩波特,他真的做到了!
That Lucien Porter, he did it!
这篇文章... -嗯。
This piece... -Hmm.
...这篇文章基本上说你是纽约市的罗宾汉。
...this piece basically says you're the Robin Hood of New York City.
它说你是全市、全国唯一一个
It says you were the only person in the city, the country,
为了抓捕那些不正直的亿万富翁而冒个人风险的人。
who risked personal welfare to try to put the crooked billionaires away.
的确如此。
Well, I was.
我是。
I am.
你…
You...
当波特闯进来时,你表现得很惊讶。
you acted surprised when Porter barged in.
但你其实并不惊讶,对吧?
But you weren't, were you?
到我们这把年纪,还有什么能让人惊讶的呢?
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表