剧集 | 1923(2022) | 导航列表
我 -说你怀了宝宝
Me? - About the baby.
说你一个眼神就能驯服杰克
How you can tame Jack with a look.
我可驯服不了他
I would hardly say he's tamed.
斯宾塞从小就很安静
Spencer was always a very quiet boy.
非常安静 总在观察
Very still. Always watching.
做什么事都深思熟虑
Deliberate in everything he did.
我喋喋不休地说上几个小时 他只是静静听着
I could jabber away for hours, and he would just listen.
我猜我现在也在这么做
I suppose that's what I'm doing now.
他们不在时 你都这样吗
You do it when they're gone.
是的
Yes.
我觉得我更像杰克
I think I'm more like Jack.
我需要一个目标
I need a purpose.
这样的等待让我窒息
This waiting suffocates me.
我也是
Me too.
那好吧 你也需要一个目标
Well, then, you need a purpose.
我的心思
My thoughts...
我很难用语言表达所思所想
I have trouble putting my thoughts into words.
啊 那你会怎么办
Ah. What then?
也许我 可以烤个蛋糕
Maybe I'll...I'll bake a cake.
你会烤蛋糕吗
You know how to bake a cake?
不会
No.
我可以帮你
I can remedy that.
这样行吗
How's this?
要把所有的面块都搅拌开
All the lumps must be gone.
这让我对糕点师愈发尊重了
I have much more respect for bakers than I did yesterday.
功夫不到 蛋糕一定不好吃
There is a measure of labor that goes into it.
被雨淋了吗
Got caught in the rain?
淋了一点
Little bit.
我们在烤蛋糕
We're baking a cake.
看得出来
I see that.
烤蛋糕 为了庆祝什么
What's the celebration?
庆祝你们回家
You coming home.
我们每晚都回家
We do that every night.
你们要是每晚都给我们烤蛋糕的话
If you're gonna bake us cake every evening,
马♥会♥驮不动我们的
we're gonna need bigger horses.
怎么样了
What happened?
他去了该去的地方
He's where he belongs.
这个该去的地方是哪儿
Where does he belong?
监狱 正在等待审判
In jail. Awaiting trial.
然后会被定罪 送上绞刑架
Where he will be convicted and sent to the gallows.
谢谢你
Thank you.
杰克呢
Where's Jack?
他就在我后面 去栓马了
He's right behind me, putting up the horses.
这姑娘风风火火的哈
Dramatic little thing, isn't she?
就像养了只新小狗
It's like having a new puppy.
我记得你当年也如小狗一般
I remember when you were the new puppy.
不 你才不记得
No, you don't.
早说过 你没什么好担心的
Told you there was nothing to worry about.
你说傍晚回家
You said evening.
确实说了
I did.
你迟到了
You're late.
迟到了一点点
I'm a little late.
真想看看 我要是走一周会发生什么
I can't wait to see what I get when I've been gone for a week.
我不许你走一周
You're not allowed to be gone for a week.
卡尔文·柯立芝在白宫草坪上
Calvin Coolidge had two Grizzly Bears captured
放生了两只在墨西哥捕获的灰熊
in Mexico released on the White House lawn.
他干嘛要从墨西哥弄灰熊
Why'd he get them from Mexico?
这里的灰熊不够他抓吗
He can get all the grizzlies he wants right here.
标题里传递出的信息如此让人担忧
Of all the things in that headline to disturb you,
你却只关心那头熊的来历吗
where the bears are from is the one thing that stands out?
毕竟对灰熊来说 是挺长的一段路呢
I'm saying that's a long way to go for a grizzly.
他是在白宫草坪上放生的灰熊
It doesn't bother you he let them loose
你对此没意见吗
on the front yard of the White House?
我不想当那个再把它们
I wouldn't want to be the man who has to put them
关进笼里的人
back in their cage.
失业率降至2.4% 又创新低
Unemployment at historic lows, down to 2.4 percent
在哪里
Where?
不在这里
Not here.
华盛顿成立了新的委员会管理采矿
New commission formed in Washington to regulate mining,
蟒蛇铜矿的首席执行官被任命为董事长
CEO of Anaconda Copper Mines appointed chairman.
惠特菲尔德
Whitfield.
惠特菲尔德银矿的首席执行官唐纳德·惠特菲尔德担任副董事长
Westfield Silver Mining CEO Donald Whitfield, vice-chair...
他们竟让矿业公♥司♥的老板
They put the bosses of the mining companies
负责管理矿山
in charge of regulating the mines?
你从中能悟出政界
That should tell you all you need to know
有多黑暗了吧 孩子
about politics, son.
你也是政界的
You're in politics.
我是执法部门的
I'm in law enforcement.
对 执行自己通过的法律
You enforce the laws you push through.
杰克
Jack.
我不是抱怨 我只想说 到处都一样
I ain't complaining, I'm just saying it's the same thing.
你自己就是开牧场的 负责畜牧业
You're a cattleman in charge of regulating cattle.
我没说错吧
Am I wrong?
曾有科学家在研究了印度
There's this theory that these scientists came up with
非洲和南美地区的部落后
after studying tribes in India and Africa,
提出了一个理论
and South America.
一些小部落根本没有政♥府♥
The smaller tribes didn't have any government.
也无需政♥府♥
Didn't need any.
所有问题坐下谈谈就能决定
They could sit down and talk out their problems,
比如去哪儿种庄稼 去哪里打猎
decide where to plant crops, to hunt.
就像一个大家庭 真的
They was just a big family, really.
但当人数到了五百多的时候
But when the number of people got up around five hundred,
假如没有政♥府♥ 就会出现
if there wasn't any government, the strongest people
弱肉强食的局面
would take advantage of the weakest...
比比皆是 无一例外
Every time. Without fail.
他们会奴役 强♥奸♥ 偷窃
They would enslave, rape, steal.
牺牲别人的生命 把自己变得富足
Enrich their lives at the expense of other people's lives.
政♥府♥是人类约束
Government is man's way of trying
自己行为的手段
to control our behavior.
但人是控制不住的 这是人的天性
But it can't be controlled, it's what we are.
迟早有一天 那些想要牺牲你
Sooner or later, the kind of people who would
富足自己的人
enrich themselves at your expense,
会用政♥府♥的手来达到目的
will use the government to do it.
你记住 他们将来还将制定法律
And mark my words, one day they'll create
控制我们的言论和想法
laws to control what we say, how we think.
如果我们听之任之 连持不同意见的权利
They will outlaw our right to disagree,
也会被剥夺
if we let them.
我成立委员会 是为了捍卫这个家族
I created the commission to protect the way this family
自食其力
provides for itself...
和保护土地的方式
How it protects the land.
惠特菲尔德不也在做同样的事吗
Isn't Whitfield doing the same thing?
一模一样
The exact same thing.
不幸的是
Unfortunately for him,
对他生存方式有利的事 对我们不利
what's good for his way of life is not good for ours.
那到底谁对谁错呢
What about right and wrong?
没有这回事 也别去纠结对错
No such thing. Can't think that way.
你只考虑什么对这个牧场有益
You can only think about what's good for this ranch.
什么对家族有益 就这么多
What's good for your family, that's it.
然后利用他们的规则达到目的
Then use their rules to do it.
白宫赦免了一头熊
A bear in the White House.
世界上整天那么多事儿
Of all the things that happen in the world each day,
报纸为什么要报这个
why is the news telling you that?
背后想传递什么信息 这才是问题所在
What aren't they telling you, that's the question.
这不是新闻 杰克 这是障眼法
This isn't the news, Jack. This is camouflage.
我们餐桌上不谈政♥治♥
We don't talk politics at the table.
说到对家族有益 你就该记得这一点
If you know what's good for you, you'll remember that.
怎么我老婆也生气了
How'd we both get in trouble?
班纳进了监狱也没用
Banner in jail doesn't solve anything.
这场仗还没结束 这才刚刚开始
This fight ain't over. It's just begun.
她不是生气
She's not mad...
剧集 | 1923(2022) | 导航列表