I mean, maybe my dad was right.
我们都不怎么了解彼此
We barely even know each other.
我甚至不知道你是基♥督♥教♥徒♥
I didn't even know you were a Christian.
这不是我身上最重要的事
That's not the most important thing about me.
我们从来没讨论过
And we never discussed
要怎么抚养我们的孩子
how we're going to raise our children
我们都不知道会不会有孩子
We don't even know if we're gonna have children.
我家里的每个人都离过婚
And everyone in my family gets a divorce!
这理由一点都不充分
Hey, hey, but it's not without good'reason.
我是说你的祖父母对于一夫一妻制的定义
I mean, your grandparents had a fundamental
有着很大的分歧
difference of opinion'regarding the definition of monogamy
而我的妻子
and my wife?
坦率的说 她是个神经病
She was, quite frankly, psychotic.
齐拉
Zilla.
自从我们开始准备这场婚礼
Ever since we started planning this wedding
你就变得不像你自己了
you haven't been yourself.
发生什么了
What's going on?
祖伊 怎么了
Zoe, what is this?
你在教堂羞辱我们的还不够吗
It's not enough that you humiliated us at church today?
你毁掉了你姐姐的婚礼还不够吗
It's not enough that you're ruining your sister's wedding?
你看不到你让你姐姐有多伤心吗
Can't you see how unhappy you're making your sister?
我很惭愧让你买♥♥了这个照相机
I am ashamed I ever let you buy this camera.
我很惭愧我没有在这件恐怖的
I am ashamed that I didn't put a stop to this
开始发生时就阻止它
horror business the moment it started.
你知道吗 祖伊
You know what, Zoe?
我想我只是对你感到羞耻
I guess I'm just ashamed of you.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
收拾东西滚蛋
I'm leaving.
怎么会
How come?
你听到他说的了 他对我感到羞耻
You heard him! He's ashamed of me.
你要去哪
Where will you go?
我今晚在你家过夜 之后
I'll stay at your house tonight, and then..
我去跟我妈妈一起住
I'll go live with my mom.
你知道她在哪吗
Do you even know where she is?
不知道 但我会找到她的
No, but I'll find her.
那恐怖电影怎么办
What about the horror film?
都结束了
It's over.
我们需要你帮我们找一个失踪的人
We need help locating a missing person.
你们以为这里是警♥察♥局吗
Does this appear to be a police station to you?
不是 但你是唯一和我们交流的大人
No, but you're the only adult we know who's talking to us.
对 我确实是个犯罪专家
Well, I do happen to be an expert on crime.
这个人不是罪犯
This person isn't a criminal...
我们是这么觉得的
we think.
好吧 这是谁
Well, who is it?
她妈妈
Her mom.
你妈妈失踪了吗
Your mother's missing?
是的
Yes.
失踪多久了
For how long?
有十年了
About ten years.
你多大了
How old are you?
十岁
Ten.
看出来了
I see.
所以这个人没有失踪
So this isn't so much a missing person
她故意抛弃她的女儿
as it is a person who intentionally abandoned
然后再也没有出现
her daughter and hasn't been seen since
我说的对吗
is that right?
对
Yes.
你有没有想过
And has it occurred to you that
她这么做是有原因的
she might have done this for a'reason?
就是说 是因为她忘记了告诉你
As in, rather than failing to share
而不是故意不跟你说
this information with you because it slipped her mind
她可能在深思熟虑后决定
she may have made a deliberate decision
她并不想被一个记不住
that she doesn't want to be bothered
要清理指甲下面灰
by a sniveling cretin who can't even'remember
只知道哭的人打扰
to clean under her fingernails?
但你也不清理指甲里的灰
You don't clean under your fingernails!
离题了
Digression!
你完全偏离了目标
You're completely drifting from the point.
你妈甚至都不认识我
Your mother doesn't even know me.
讲点道理好吧
Try to be more logical.
我们只想让你帮我们找到她
We just want you help finding her.
听着 如果你妈不想见你
Look, if your mother doesn't want to meet you
强行让她接受一个不那么熟的人
forcing the acquaintance on her is not the kind of situation
那可不是什么愉快的情形
that's going to lead to love and cupcakes.
同时 我一直在帮你的恐怖电影想办法
Meanwhile, I've been working on your horror film.
我设计了一个旅行结婚蛋糕
I've designed a trip wedding cake
当你切开它时 会喷出假血
that when you cut into it, it spurts fake blood.
你想看看吗
You wanna see?
我们到这儿来是打听事的
We're here for information.
好吧
Fine.
你们查过脸书了吗
Have you checked Facebook?
她没账号♥
She doesn't have an account.
我小时候
Well, when I was a boy
我们有一个老式的设备叫做"电♥话♥簿"
we had an old-fashioned device known as a telephone book.
你可以在一个小金属房♥子里查找地址
You could look up addresses in a small metal hovel
那个叫"电♥话♥亭"
known as a telephone booth.
公交站那就有一个 很方便
There's one conveniently located at the bus station.
你可以查找她的地址然后立刻乘上大巴
You could look her up and get right on a bus...
不过 我还是建议你不要这样做
I suggest you avoid this step though!
你这是自讨苦吃
You're only setting yourself up for pain.
我必须找到她
I have to find her.
我爸爸不爱我
My dad doesn't love me.
我想说 实际上
Actually, I'd say
目前所有的证据表明你妈才不爱你
all evidence so far points to your mother not loving you.
虽然我认为有可能他俩都不爱你
Although I suppose it's possible that neither of them do.
你又知道些什么呢
What do you know?
你唯一擅长的就是恐怖的玩意
The only thing you're good at is horror stuff!
我也很擅长魔术
I also specialize in magic!
我从来都不想像我妈一样
I never wanted to be like my mom.
你不像她
You're not.
你怎么知道
How do you know?
我爸一直告诉我不要鲁莽行事
My dad's been telling me my whole life not to rush into things
但我总这样做 和她一模一样
but I always do. Just like her.
当她太年轻而不能承担责任时
She rushed into getting married
她头脑一热就结了婚
when she was too young to commit
在她足够成熟 认识到
and she rushed into having children
她并不想要我们之前
before she was old enough to'realize that
她匆忙地要了孩子
she didn't even want us.
所以婚姻不适合她
So marriage didn't work out for her.
婚姻适合其他人
It works out for some people.
婚姻会适合我们的
It will for us.
你怎么知道
How do you know?
我就是知道
I just do.
那看起来可不像是个
That doesn't seem like a good enough
被人这么折腾一番的好理由
reason to go through with this.
知道吗 你是对的
You know what? You're right.
你的确会鲁莽行事
You do rush into things.
当你还是大一新生时
You rushed into trying out for the soccer team
你贸然参加了足球队的选拔
when you were only a freshman.
而你进了校队
And you made varsity.
你头脑一热就去读了医学预科
You rushed into pre-med.
而现在你成绩优异
And now you're on track to graduate with honors.
这就是我爱你的原因之一
It's one of the things that I love about you.
你既冲动又热情
You're impulsive and passionate
你热情冲动地去做那些你在意的事情
and you jump into the things you care about...
然后坚持不懈地做下去
and see them through.
既然婚姻对我家其它人都不适合
Why would marriage work for me when it hasn't worked out
那为什么会适合我呢
for anyone else in my family?
我认为婚姻本来挺适合你♥爸♥的
I think marriage would have worked out for your dad
假如他娶一个与他更类似的人
if he'd married somebody a little bit more like himself.
看他在养育你和祖伊方面做得多好