"十个健壮的儿子会保佑你老去。"
- "Ten stalwart sons will bless thine old age."
——十?
- Ten?
-“香港面馆制♥造♥”
- "Manufactured by the Hong Kong Noodle Company."
-来吧。
- Come on.
我们离开这里吧。
Let's get outta here.
-那是什么?
- What's that?
-煎饼,小姐。
- A pancake, fraulein.
-煎饼?——是的。
- A pancake? - Ja.
-我来修。-是的,先生。
- I'll fix it. - Yes, sir.
-是的,然后它就能治好我们。
- Yeah, and then it'll fix us.
——看。
- Watch.
首先你要挤柠檬,看到了吗?
First you squeeze the lemon, see?
然后抹上苹果酱。
Then you spread the applesauce.
-吃蛋糕吗,乔?
- Eating your cake, Joe?
继续,乔。
Go ahead, Joe.
我喜欢看你玩得开心。
I like to see you have a good time.
-你知道你能做什么,不是吗?
- You know what you can do, don't you?
-打扰一下。
- Excuse me.
-总有一天我会在店里见到你的。
- I'll be seeing you down at the store one of these days.
-那是谁?
- Who was that?
-就几个人而已。
- Aw, just a couple of guys.
——真的吗?我怎么也猜不到。
- Really? I'd never have guessed it.
-哦,对不起。
- Oh, I'm sorry.
-不,对不起。
- No, I'm sorry.
我不是有意要多管闲事。
I didn't mean to be nosy.
但你看起来很担心。
But you seem worried.
乔,如果你担心,我有权利和你一起担心。
And Joe, if you're worried, I've got a right to worry with you.
我们结婚了,亲爱的。
We're married, darling.
-你以为我不知道吗?
- Don't you think I know that?
-走吧。美妙的蜜月,一直在吃。
- Let's go. A fine honeymoon, eating all the time.
-晚上好,亲爱的。
- Good evening, darlings.
-你好,你好。-噢,莱文太太。
- Hello, hello. - Oh, Mrs. Levine.
我们玩得很开心!
We had such fun!
-很好,kinder。祝你玩得愉快。
- That's good, kinder. Have a good time.
当我年轻的时候,我可以告诉你…——妈妈!
Oy, when I was younger, I could tell you... - Mama!
-没关系,没关系。
- That's all right, that's all right.
我给你准备了一个惊喜。
And have I got a surprise for you.
不是吗,艾比?
Haven't we, Abie, huh? - Mm!
-我为你丈夫准备了一个单独的房♥间。
- I've got a separate room for your husband all ready.
——已经?嘿,我们昨天才结婚。
- Already? Why, we were only married yesterday.
-没事的,没事的
- It's all right, it's all right.
只要4美元,几乎是免费的。
It's almost free for only $4.
,但是……但我们只是-我踢了那个没用的凯利先生。
- But... But we just- - You know, I kicked that no-good-for-nothing Mr. Kelly.
他总是喊着要安静,所以我让他安静下来,在中♥央♥公园享受大自然。
He always hollered for quiet, so I gave him quiet, with nature in the Central Park.
-哇,套房♥!
- Gee, a suite!
我这辈子从来没住过两间房♥。
I never had two rooms to live in in my life.
——好的。
- Okay.
出♥售♥。
Sold.
我们将把它用作起居室。
And we'll use it as a sitting room.
——好吧!现在,kinder,来看看这个惊喜吧。
- Okay! And now, kinder, come and see the surprise.
说吧,说吧。快看,快看!
Go ahead, go ahead. Look, look!
你喜欢吃鱼,是吗?
You like fish, don't you?
-哦,当然,当然。
- Oh, sure, sure.
-是啊,乔很喜欢吃鱼。
- Yeah, Joe's crazy about fish.
他们也喜欢他。他们像狗一样跟着他。
They like him too. They follow him around like dogs.
-来吧,这是我们的特色菜。
- Come on, it's our special.
妈妈很长时间没做鱼片了。
Mama didn't make gefilte fish in a long time.
我们坐下来吃饭吧!
Let's sit down and eat!
-他们不需要陪伴。
- They don't need no company.
晚安,kinder。有一个好胃口。
Goodnight, kinder. And have a good appetite.
——晚安。-来吧,艾比。
- Goodnight. - Come, Abie.
——晚安。——晚安。
- Goodnight. - Goodnight.
-哦,我忘了告诉莱文太太一件事。
- Oh, I forgot to tell Mrs. Levine something.
在我回来之前把鲸鱼处理掉。
And get rid of the whale before I come back.
——哦。
- Ooh.
-莱文太太!——是吗?
- Mrs. Levine! - Yeah?
-等一下。
- Just a minute.
你能帮我个忙吗?
Uh, will you do me a favor?
-怎么了,亲爱的?
- What is it, darling?
-嗯,你知道,莫里斯店不希望他们的女孩结婚,我今天听说他们会检查员工。
- Well, um, you see, the Morris store doesn't want their girls to marry, and I heard today that they check up on their employees.
如果有人来问问题,你不会出♥卖♥♥♥我吗?
So if anyone comes around asking questions, you won't give me away?
-交给我吧。我会叫你老处♥女♥吗。
- Leave it to me. Will I call you an old maid.
-莱文先生,你会警告他吗?
- And Mr. Levine, you'll warn him?
-听着,这里的活儿都是谁干的?
- Listen, who does all the work around here?
当观察员过来观察时,Abie会闭上嘴。
When the spotter comes around spotting, Abie will keep his mouth shut.
我是这个家里最会说谎的人。
I am the liar in this family.
——谢谢。
- Thanks.
-早上好,莫里斯先生。-你好,乔。
- Good morning, Mr. Morris. - Hello, Joe.
-早上好,莫里斯先生。-早上好。
- Good morning, Mr. Morris. - Good morning.
-早上好,莫里斯先生!
- Good morning, Mr. Morris!
-你好,麦克塔维什。他妻子怎么样了?
- Hello, McTavish. How's the wife?
-她现在好了,莫里斯先生。
- Oh, she's fine now, Mr. Morris.
我很感激你把她转到蕾丝医院。
I sure appreciate you transferring her to the lacies.
衣服上那些沉重的螺栓对她来说有点太沉重了。
Those heavy bolts in the dress goods were a wee bit too much for her.
-嗯,我很高兴听到她感觉好些了。
- Well, I'm glad to hear she's feeling better.
-谢谢,莫里斯先生。
- Thanks, Mr. Morris.
-我不知道你妻子在这里工作。
- I didn't know your wife worked here.
-当然,我们在玻璃器皿行业共事了五年。
- Sure, we were five years together in the glassware.
-我以为他不喜欢他的员工结婚。
- I thought he didn't like his employees married to each other.
-别傻了。
- Don't be silly.
他送给我们一个价值100美元的冰箱作为结婚礼物。
He gave us a $100 icebox for a wedding present.
有人在跟你开玩笑。
Someone's been kidding you.
-是的,我想是的。
- Yeah, I guess they have.
-海伦,你快到终点了。
- Well, Helen, you're on the home stretch.
-是的,先生。
- Yes, sir.
-工作还好吗?-是的,先生。
- The job all right? - Yes, sir.
-我希望有更多的莫里斯。
- Mm, I wish there were more Morrises.
但是你的记录很好,海伦。保持下去。
But you've got a good record, Helen. Keep it up.
记住,不要喝酒。-是的,先生。
Now remember, no drinking. - Yes, sir.
-不要在外面过夜。-是的,先生。
- No staying out at night. - Yes, sir.
-不要坠入爱河。也就是说,还没有。
- And no falling in love. That is, not yet.
-不,先生-好吧
- No, sir. - Okay.
现在,我有个好消息要告诉你。
Now, I've got good news for you.
我想从现在开始我们可以不做每周报告了。
I think we can drop the weekly reports from now on.
再见……
I'll see you...
一个月后,好吗?
A month from today, okay?
-谢谢,戴顿先生。
- Thank you, Mr. Dayton.
——再见。——再见。
- Goodbye. - Goodbye.
你为什么不在感恩节那天过来玩呢?
- Why don't you drop around Thanksgiving Day?
我们可以谈点生意。
We might talk a little business.
-我的生意是卖♥♥体育用品。
- My business is selling sporting goods.
——你呢?
- You?
别傻了。
Don't be a sap.
听着,乔。我要你跟我一起进去。
Listen, Joe. I want you to come in with me.
-你当然知道。
- Sure you do.
我一直都很有胆量而你却只能快速逃离。
I always had the brass and all you had was a quick getaway.
-你这辈子都要记住吗?
- You gotta remember that for the rest of your life?
这是有原因的。
There was reasons for that.
听着,我有个不错的安排。
Listen, I got a pretty sweet setup.
你想做点面团,是吗?
You'd like to make a little dough, wouldn't you?
-那该死的14块7。
- That mashie 14.70.
-对我来说太多了
- Too much for me.
我会在感恩节那天等你。
I'll be waiting for you on Thanksgiving Day.
-我不能让你久等。
- I can't keep you from waiting.
几乎准备好了吗?
Almost ready?
——几乎!
- Almost!
天啊,我们昨晚玩得很开心吧?
Gee, didn't we have fun last night?
我甚至可以冲出去和莱文一家在一起。
I could even stampede out there to be with the Levines.
你知道我为什么这么喜欢和他们在一起吗?
You know why I like to be with them so much?
——为什么?
- Why?
电影精选列表