-当然,我理解。
- Sure, that's understood.
就像你说的,一千美元。
It's what you said, $1,000.
你会发现都在那里。
You'll find it's all there.
——自然。如果我不这么做,我就不是你的律师。
- Naturally. If I don't, I'm not your lawyer.
记住,如果结果证明你没有陷入困境,这笔钱是不会退还的。
And remember, if it turns out that you don't get into a jam, the money is not refunded.
——确定。
- Sure.
好了,再见。回头见。
Well, so long. I'll be seeing ya.
我的意思是,我希望不是。
I mean, I hope not.
-再见。
- So long.
——是吗?
- Yeah?
怎么了,波顿?
What's the matter, Borton?
谁?
Who?
米奇祸害?
Mickey Bane?
-男孩们都排好队了,乔?
- Boys all lined up, Joe?
-都排好队了。
- All lined up.
你有护嘴来照顾他们,以防他们弄伤脚趾?
You got a mouthpiece to take care of 'em in case they stub their toe?
-哦,当然。星期三晚上的事都安排好了。
- Oh, sure. Everything's all set for Wednesday night.
——等
- Wait.
-从你安排的方式来看,这是件容易的事。
- The way you got it lined up, it's a pushover.
我们可以站着走进去。
We can walk in standing up.
-你照我说的做,我们的结局都会一样。
- You do it the way I tell you, we'll come out the same way.
-来吧。
- Come on.
你待在这里,我暂时不想有人来看你。
You stick here, I don't want no visitors for a while.
——好的。
- Okay.
-当然,我不是说你错了,乔。
- Course, I ain't saying you're wrong, Joe.
我只是说你把我搞混了。
I'm just saying you got me all mixed up.
-我认为这是很明显的。
- I thought it was plain enough.
-哦,当然,我是实话实说。
- Oh, sure, I'm straight about that.
我12点在商店后面等你。
I meet you at the back of the store at 12.
我不是那个意思。
I didn't mean that.
-什么意思?
- What do you mean?
-我知道我不太聪明,乔。
- Well, I know I ain't very bright, Joe.
所以我才要相信你这种人说的话。
That's why I gotta believe what a guy like you tells me.
你让我相信一件事,然后一直说那不是真的…我是说,两周前,莫里斯先生还是世界上最胖的人。
Well, you get me believing one thing and then say all the time it ain't been true... Well, I mean, two weeks ago, Mr. Morris was the swellest guy in the world.
-闭嘴,好吗?
- Shut up, will ya?
-现在可以把他揍一顿了
- And now it's all right to cross him up.
-闭嘴!看在老天的份上,放过我吧,好吗?
- Shut up! For Pete's sake, lay off me, will ya?
-好的,乔,好的。
- Okay, Joe, okay.
-明天见。
- I'll see you tomorrow.
-我叫你别再干了。
- I'm telling you to lay off.
——是吗?
- Yeah?
谁这么说的?
Who says so?
-大人物这么说的。
- The big shot says so.
-大人物?
- The big shot?
但是…但我们不能做个交易吗?
But... But couldn't we make a deal?
也许我们可以一起工作。也许吧-大人物不会跟你讨价还价的。
Maybe we could work together. Maybe- - The big shot wouldn't dicker with you.
-为什么?我愿意合作。
- Why not? I'm willing to play ball.
他对我有什么不满?
What's he got against me?
-他就是不喜欢你。
- He just don't like you.
- - - - - -乔。
- Joe.
乔,即使你不再跟我说话,我也要跟你说话。
Joe, even if you won't talk to me anymore, I gotta talk to you.
你知道,和你爱的人住在同一所房♥子里却不和他们说话,这太可怕了。
It's awful, you know, living in the same house as somebody you love and not talking to them or anything.
我不怪你生我的气。
I don't blame you for being mad at me.
我以为不告诉你是对的。
I thought I was doing the right thing not telling you.
但我想我不是。
But I guess I wasn't.
我会做任何事来补偿你!
I'll do anything to make it up to you!
——海伦!电♥话♥找你。
- Helen! The telephone wants you.
——好的。
- Okay.
是谁?
Who is it?
-他说他是乔的朋友。
- He's a friend of Joe's, he says.
- - - - - -你好。- - - - - -你好。
- Hello. - Hello.
你是海伦·罗伯茨吗?
Is this Helen Roberts?
-你想要什么?你是谁?
- What do you want? Who is this?
-你是谁都无所谓
- Aw, it doesn't make no difference who this is.
你不了解我。
You don't know me.
我是乔的朋友,我给你通风报信。
I'm a friend of Joe's, and I'm tipping you off.
今晚,你得说服乔带你去看演出什么的。
Tonight, you gotta talk Joe into taking you to a show or something.
然后抓住他,明白吗?
And then keep hold of him, see?
-什么意思?-女士们很容易做到。
- What do you mean? - Dames can do that easy.
-你在说什么?
- What are you talking about?
-我说的是乔。
- I'm talking about Joe.
-你是谁?
- Who is this?
-别管这是谁。
- Never mind who this is.
听着,如果你不按我说的做,乔会有麻烦的。
Listen, if you don't do like I tell you, Joe's gonna get in trouble.
莫里斯先生当然不应该这样做。
And it certainly shouldn't be did to Mr. Morris.
-莫里斯先生?
- Mr. Morris?
-我是说,你今晚让乔陪在你身边,因为那样的话-因为那样的话,行动结束的时候他就不在了。
- I mean, you keep Joe with you tonight, because then- - Because then he won't be there when the job's being pulled.
就是这样吗?-是的。不!
Is that it? - Yeah. No!
嘿!
Hey!
嘿,你!你还在吗?
Hey, you! Are you still there?
听。
Listen.
——瘸的。
- Gimpy.
-别告诉乔我给你打电♥话♥了。
- Don't tell Joe I called you up.
嘿!
Hey!
嘿,你!
Hey, you!
你是…
Are you...
-莫里斯先生,我…我是罗伯茨,穿衬衫的。
- Mr. Morris, I'm... I'm Roberts, in the blouses.
-我知道。请坐,罗伯茨女士。
- I know. Sit down, Ms. Roberts.
-谢谢。
- Thank you.
我想你一定很忙吧。我不应该……但如果我没有在仔细考虑之前迅速赶来,我就没有勇气了。
I suppose you're very busy. I shouldn't have... But if I hadn't come quick, before I thought it over, I wouldn't have had the nerve.
-继续。
- Go on.
-莫里斯先生,当你的生活出了问题,它破坏了你接触到的一切,甚至有可能夺走你的生命,
- Mr. Morris, when your life has a bad spot in it, and it's spoiling everything it touches, and it's liable even to take your life away from you,
你不觉得干脆把它割掉更好吗,不管会有多痛?
don't you think it's better to just cut it out clean, no matter how much it might hurt?
-是的。
- I do.
-我也是。
- So do I.
这就是我来这里的原因。
That's why I came here.
- - - - - -你好。
- Hello.
——哦。
- Oh.
你还是来了。
You came anyway.
-我还是来了是什么意思?
- What do you mean, I came anyway?
——一文不值。什么都没有。
- Nothin'. Nothin' at all.
我只是好奇。
I just wondered.
-如果你想退出,就直说
- If you wanna back out, just say so.
-不,乔,我不想退出。我-好吧,那就安静点,来吧。
- No, Joe, I don't wanna back out. I- - All right, then pipe down and come on.
——莫纳汉报道。
- Monaghan reporting.
一切都安静。
Everything quiet.
-是相框。-我们被出♥卖♥♥♥了。
- It's a frame. - We've been turned in.
-乔的女朋友干了。-你女朋友陷害了我们,乔
- Joe's girl's done it. - Your girl framed us, Joe.
-一个尖叫者。
- A squealer.
-闭嘴。
- Shut up.
-只是个肮脏的告密者。
- Just a dirty little stool pigeon.
-我说了闭嘴。
- I said shut up.
把枪拿走。
Take the guns away from 'em.
——停止!我痒!
- Stop! I'm ticklish!
-你的枪呢?
- Where's your gun?
-这是发织机。
- It's a hairloom.
-这个人没有枪。
- This man has no gun.
-所以你的脑子突然灵光一闪,是吗?
- So your brain clicked for a minute, did it?
如果你不好看。
If you aren't a pretty sight.
我妻子想让我集邮。
My wife wanted me to collect stamps.
我不知道为什么我的爱好一定是白♥痴♥。
I don't know why my hobby had to be idiots.
如果你有点理智的话,你知道我不用找这位小姐也会知道的。
If you had a grain of sense, you know I'd find out about this without this young lady.
如果你可以用50美元贿赂一个人,你不认为我可以用55美元让他开口吗?
If you can bribe a man for $50, don't you think I can make him talk for 55?
看在上帝的份上,金皮,把手放下。
For the love of Pete, Gimpy, put your hands down.
你让我紧张。
You make me nervous.
-谢谢你,莫里斯先生。
- Thank you, Mr. Morris.
-想想看,法律规定像你这样的八个没用的家伙必须被关进一个舒适的监狱,用纳税人的钱养活。
- And to think that the law says that eight useless guys like you have to be put in a nice, comfortable prison and fed at the taxpayers' expense.
好吧,你可不会这么轻易放过的。
Well, you're not gonna get off that easy.
我的税已经够高了。
My taxes are high enough already.
你要为自己的生活而工作,和我一样。
You're gonna work for your living, the same as I do.
电影精选列表