-她当然没事!
- Sure she's all right!
嗨,乔!
Hey, Joe!
乔,现在我知道你为什么想改邪归正了。
Gee, Joe, now I know why you wanted to go straight.
你为什么不像海伦那样告诉我们?
Why didn't you tell us like Helen just did?
那是我们能理解的谈话。
That's talk we can understand.
-他不知道。
- He didn't know.
我试过告诉你,乔,但你不听。
I tried to tell you, Joe, but you wouldn't listen.
-你是说你试着告诉他你刚才跟我们说的话,但他不听?
- You mean you tried to tell him what you just told us and he wouldn't listen?
-乔不太好说话。
- Joe ain't so easy to talk to.
-嘿,如果我有个那样的女孩,我会有点理智的。
- Say, if I had a girl like that, I'd have some sense.
-你从哪找来这样的女孩的,乔?
- Where do you get girls like that, Joe?
-我把我的从监狱里拿出来了。
- I got mine outta jail.
- - - - - -乔。
- Joe.
-他们养得很聪明。
- They raise 'em smart there.
聪明到骗我这样的人娶她。
Smart enough to kid a guy like me into marrying her.
- - - - - -乔。
- Joe.
-我也不便宜,我告诉过你。
- I wasn't any bargain either, I told you that.
但我告诉过你。
But I told you.
我没有嫁给你欺骗你,欺骗你。
I didn't marry you lying to you and cheating you.
你应该为自己感到骄傲。
You should be pretty proud of yourself.
别提我嫁给了你。
Just skip it that I ever married you.
-好了,姐姐,等一下。-算了吧。
- Now, sister, hold on. - Just forget about it.
-放开我。-现在听着。
- Let me go. - Now listen.
-别在意那个。
- Don't pay any attention that.
-老实说,他不是故意的。-放开我。
- He didn't mean it, honest. - Let me go.
-天啊,乔,你可不能这么跟她说话。
- Gee, Joe, that was no way to talk to her.
-你应该感谢她而不是痛打她一顿。
- You oughta thank her instead of kicking her teeth in.
-你让她很难过,乔。
- You made her feel pretty bad, Joe.
你看到她的脸了吗?
Did you see her face?
-一个男人完全有权利痛骂他的女朋友,但是,天哪,不要在人前。
- A fella's got a perfect right to bawl his girl out, but gee, not in front of people.
-闭嘴,好吗?闭嘴!
- Shut up, will ya? Shut up!
-我知道你的感受,乔。
- Aw, I know how you feel, Joe.
没有男人愿意承认他的女朋友有那么聪明。
No guy likes to admit his girl's that bright.
-闭嘴!你们都给我闭嘴滚出去!
- Shut up! Shut up and get outta here, all of you!
走吧,走吧!-好吧,来吧。
Go on, get going! - All right, come on.
-不,等一下,听着-不,没事,伙计们
- No, wait a minute, listen- - No, never mind, guys.
别管他了,别管他了。来吧。
Let him alone now, let him alone. Come on.
-好吧,乔。
- Okay, Joe.
好吧。
Okay.
莫里斯先生让我们这么做的。
Mr. Morris told us to.
-你要去哪里?
- Where are you going?
-我要走了。
- I'm going away.
-乔对此一无所知,我看得出来。
- And Joe doesn't know a thing about it, I can tell.
我不会让你这么做的。
Well, I'm not going to let you do it.
你没有权利把乔的孩子从他身边夺走。
You have no right to take Joe's baby away from him.
-乔不知道孩子的事,莱文太太。
- Joe doesn't know about the baby, Mrs. Levine.
-他不知道-不知道
- He doesn't know about- - No.
我很高兴他没有。
I'm glad he doesn't.
他不会像以前那样担心我。
He won't worry about me like he might.
-那你打算怎么办?
- Well, what are you going to do?
-我可以自己照顾孩子。
- I can take care of a baby by myself.
其他女性也有。
Other women have.
-我可以把你的乔放在我腿上打他。
- I can take that Joe of yours and spank him right over my lap.
-这不是他的错,莱文太太。它是我的。
- This isn't his fault, Mrs. Levine. It's mine.
你不了解乔。
You don't understand Joe.
我骗了他。他受不了了。
I lied to him. He can't stand that.
他发现了。
He found out.
——海伦。
- Helen.
海伦。
Helen.
-今天早上我进来的时候她还在这儿等着呢。
- Well, she was here this morning waiting when I came in.
她没有别人可以求助。
She had no one else to turn to.
-但她现在在哪里?
- But where is she now?
-她不想让任何人知道她在哪里。
- She doesn't want anyone to know where she is.
-但她是我妻子,戴顿先生。我们结婚了。
- But she's my wife, Mr. Dayton. We're married.
-你的婚姻从来就不合法。
- Your marriage was never legal.
如你所知,被假释的罪犯没有公民权利。
As you know, a paroled convict has no civil rights.
他签的任何合同都是无效的。
Any contract he signs is null and void.
你从她骗你的婚姻中逃出来了。
You got out of the marriage she cheated you into.
你自♥由♥了。
You're a free man.
-但我不想自♥由♥,你不明白吗?
- But I don't wanna be free, don't you understand?
我要我的妻子。
I want my wife.
如果你告诉我她在哪里-对不起,她不想见你。
If you just tell me where she is- - Sorry, she doesn't want to see you.
我们也认为最好不要让她知道。
And we think it's best too that she doesn't.
-你没把她送回去吧?
- You didn't send her back, did you?
就因为她嫁给了我。
Just because she married me, I mean.
-不,我们没有送她回去
- No, we didn't send her back.
我们不想让她的孩子在监狱里出生。
We don't want her baby to be born in prison.
-做…你是说她的孩子吗?
- Did... Did you say her baby?
-我就是这么说的
- That's what I said.
-看到报纸了吗?——没有。
- See the papers? - No.
乔?
Joe?
-啊啊,米奇。
- Uh-uh, Mickey.
——米奇?
- Mickey?
-天啊,这种事很容易发生在我们身上。
- Gee, that could easy happen to us, you know.
你好,乔。
Hello, Joe.
-很高兴见到你。
- Glad to see you.
我是说-我明白你的意思。
I mean- - I know what you mean.
听着,伙计们。
Listen, you guys.
我想让你跟我一起做一件事-你胆子真大。
I want you to go in with me on something I- - You got a lotta nerve.
-我完了,乔。
- I'm through, Joe.
-你没看到吗?
- Didn't you see that?
-是的,但你误会我了。我想……我想也许你能帮我找到海伦。
- Yeah, but you got me wrong. I wanna... I thought maybe you'd help me find Helen.
她走了。
She's gone.
——海伦?——去了?
- Helen? - Gone?
-我告诉过你,你不该那样欺负她。
- I told you you oughtn't kick her around the way you did.
-闭嘴,好吗?
- Aw, shut up, will you?
是我♥干♥的,对此我无能为力。
I did it and there isn't anything I can do about that.
我要做的就是找到她,告诉她。
What I've gotta do is find her and tell her.
-别担心,乔。如果她在城里,我们会找到她的。
- Well, don't worry Joe. If she's in town, we'll find her.
-当然,乔,如果她不把我们留在店里,我们可能就会遇到这种事。
- Why, sure, Joe, this might've happened to us if she hadn't kept us in the store.
-她也属于我们,乔。
- She kinda belongs to us too, Joe.
-嘿,我们要把这个镇翻个底朝天!
- Say, we're gonna turn this town upside down!
-我们去当警♥察♥,不管多痛苦
- We'll turn cop, as much as it hurts.
-我们会找到她的,乔!-我们会找到她的
- We'll find her, Joe! - Yeah, we'll find her.
- - - - - -当然!-我们会休息的。
- Sure! - We'll take our days off.
-我得找到她。
- I gotta find her.
我得找到她。
I gotta find her.
-你去哪儿了?
- Well, where you been?
-是的,你帮了我很大的忙。
- Yeah, you been a big help.
-你们在跑腿,我在动脑筋。
- Well, while you guys been doing legwork, I been doing brainwork.
——是吗?与什么?
- Yeah? With what?
-我得想想
- Well, I got to thinkin'.
如果我是个女孩,我要生孩子了,我会在哪里?
If I was a girl and I was gonna have a baby, where would I be?
-在附带表演中。
- In a sideshow.
-我就在医院了,我就在那里
- I'd be in a hospital, that's where I'd be.
-但是我们已经看过了。
- But we have looked there.
-但我看对了时间。
- But I looked at the right time.
-金皮,你是说…你没找到她,对吧?
- Gimpy, you mean... You didn't find her, did you?
-丹尼斯先生?
- Mr. Dennis?
哪一位是丹尼斯先生?
Which one is Mr. Dennis?
都结束了。
It's all over.
你妻子想见你。跟我来。
And your wife wants to see you. Follow me.
- - - - - -你好。
- Hello.
- - - - - -你好。
- Hello.
-我给你带了这个
- I brought you this.
- - - - - -乔。
- Joe.
他在育婴室。
He's in the nursery.
——他吗?
- He?
嗯?
Huh?
-乔,我一直在想。
- Joe, I've been thinking.
电影精选列表