You have a seat too, Miss Richmond.
好了 各位 今天我们要识别在显微镜下的
Okay people, today we will be identifying different
不同的微生物们
microorganisms on slides through our microscopes.
不要碰本生灯
And do not touch the Bunsen burners.
爱丽丝和埃迪 一号♥站台
Alice and Eddie, station one.
艾瑞斯和克拉丽莎 第二站台
Iris and Clarissa, station two.
这周我们就不能换个搭档吗?
Can't we switch partners this week?
我跟你说了不可以
I already told you no.
我只是不明白为什么
I just don't understand why I keep getting stuck
我总是跟艾瑞斯一起 就因为我们都是D杯吗?
with Iris, just 'cause we're both Ds?
我没有时间了解
We don't have time
你的社交偏好 克拉丽莎
for your social preferences, Clarissa.
科学不关心你和谁搭档
Science doesn't care with whom you are partnered.
他犯了啥事啊?
So what'd he do?
什么?
What?
你♥爸♥爸
Your daddy?
我的意思是 他肯定是出了什么问题
I mean, he must've done something
才让你们都来了胁田(一个地名)
to land you all in Wakita.
他是喝酒把家产败光了吗?
Did he drink away the family fortune?
还是赌博?
Or was it gambling?
你♥爸♥爸就是这样的吗?
Is that what your daddy did?
你笑什么?
Why are you laughing?
没什么
Nothing.
我只是...
I was just...
没事
Nothing.
我爸爸发明了梯田耕作
My daddy invented terraced farming
这几乎把俄克拉荷马州从另一场沙尘暴中拯救了出来
which just about saved Oklahoma from another dust bowl.
他是三郡最富有的人
He's the richest man in the tri-county.
是的
That's right.
哇哦 我爸爸从来没有做过这么厉害的事
Wow, my daddy's never done anything as grand as that.
他只为《生活》杂♥志♥拍照
He just takes pictures for Life Magazine.
怎么可能
He does not.
如果你♥爸♥爸是个大摄影师
Well, if your daddy's some big photographer,
那你们来胁田干什么?
then what are y'all doing in Wakita?
你有没有听过
Have you ever heard
爱德华·r·默罗的《羞耻的收获》?
of Edward R. Murrow's "Harvest of Shame?"
当然
Yeah, of course.
那是什么
What is that?
朗达
Rhonda.
这是一部关于剥削
It's a documentary on the exploitation
季节性的农场工人的纪录片
of migrant farm workers.
我知道了 艾瑞斯·迪尔伯恩
I already knew that, Iris Deerborne,
你没必要告诉我
you didn't need to tell me.
你看起来有点困惑
You seemed a little confused.
我没有
Well, I wasn't.
总之 我爸爸在做续篇
Anyways, Daddy's doing a follow-up.
“坚强的美国心脏地带”之类的东西
"The hardened heartland of America" sort of thing.
地方文化特色等等
Local color and all.
这就是我们来这的原因
So that's why we came here.
相信我 我也讨厌搬到乡下的地方来住
Believe me, I despise moving to some podunk farm town
等我毕了业
and soon as I graduate,
你们就不会再看见我了
you'll see nothin' but my dust.
我要成为一名空姐
I'm gonna be an airline hostess.
他们在堪萨斯城采访了我
They interviewed me back in Kansas City
而且我已经18岁了
and since I'm already 18,
他们说我现在就可以去了
they said I could just start right away.
之后我就会去全世界旅游了
Then I'll just travel the world.
我去过塔尔萨(美国俄克拉菏马州东北部城市)
I've been to Tulsa.
就拿我爸爸来说
Take my daddy, for instance,
他飞遍了全世界
he flies all around the world.
你甚至可能看过他为玛丽莲拍的照片
You might have even seen the picture he did for Marilyn.
玛丽莲梦露?
Like Marilyn Monroe?
还能有谁?
Well, who else?
他主要从事政♥治♥活动
He mostly does political events.
战争 峰会听证会 诸如此类的事情
You know, wars, summit hearings, stuff like that,
但好莱坞时不时地需要他
but every now and then Hollywood needs him
去拍些照片
to take some picture
去捕捉一些名人的真实本质
to capture some famous person's true essence.
那些名人对摄影师真的很挑剔
Celebrities are real picky about who shoots 'em.
玛丽莲对她的鼻子特别讲究
And Marilyn's very particular about her nose.
你应该去加入黄莺团
You should be a songbird.
绝对的 她很适合跟我们女孩子一起
Definitely, she'd fit right in with the girls.
哈伯德太太很喜欢我们
Mrs. Hubbard loves us.
我们可以把你弄进去 没问题的
We can get you in, no problem.
可能吧
Maybe.
你知道我们要做什么吗?
Do you know what we're doing?
你好?
Hello?
我马上回来
I'll be right back.
你好
Hi,
我是格蕾丝·里士满
I'm Grace Richmond.
我预约了两点钟
I have a two o'clock appointment.
进来吧
Come on in.
你一定要去一趟基♥督♥的门徒那边
You have simply got to go to the Disciples of Christ.
你会爱上史蒂夫牧师的
You will love Reverend Steve.
我们超喜欢史蒂夫牧师
We just love Reverend Steve.
他的美人沟下巴特别好看
He has the most scandalous cleft chin.
像那些哈利奎恩爱情杂♥志♥
Like one of them models on the cover
封面上的模特
of those Harlequin Romances.
你是基♥督♥徒吗?
You are a Christian?
当然
Of course.
而且我肯定会加入教会
And I'm sure joining the church
这会帮助我了解你们精彩的社区
will help us get to know your wonderful community.
我的女儿玛吉在胁田高中度过了她的第一天
My daughter, Maggie, had her first day at Wakita High.
我女儿海蒂也在那里
Oh, my Hattie goes there.
还有我的女儿克拉丽莎
Oh, and my Clarissa too.
如果她跟你一样 那她们会相处得很好的
They will love her if she is anything like you.
阿特金斯小姐 我把篱笆撑起来了
Miss Atkins, I think I've got that fence shored up real good for you now
已经完工了
real good for you now.
你想过来看看吗?
You'd like to come take a look at it?
我觉得肯定很棒 麦考伊先生
Oh, I'm sure everything looks great, Mr. McCoy.
她不需要检查你
She don't have to check your work
每一阶段的工作 伦恩
every step of the way, Len.
亲爱的 我只是希望我的顾客认可我的工作。
I just like my customers to approve of my work, dear.
她会认可的 因为你已经在她这个篱笆上
Well, she oughta be since you've been working on her fence
花了整整六天了
for going on damn-near six whole days now
而杰瑞·昂格一直在
while Jerry Unger's been waitin' on the barn loft
谷仓阁楼上等着
all this while!
我现在就去 好吗?
I'll get to it, okay?
我觉得肯定没问题
I'm sure everything looks great.
我把钱给你
Let me just get you your money.
你简直要把我逼疯了
You are working my last nerve.
听到了吗?
You hear me?
这看起来很好吃 亲爱的
This looks delicious, sweetheart.
停手 塔卢拉
Quit it, Tallulah.
不要这样
Don't do that.
姑娘们 我不知道要跟你们说多少次
Girls, I don't know how many times I have to tell you
要把餐巾放在大腿上
to put your napkin in your lap please.
马吉 你能不能给妹妹们
And Maggie, could you please be a good role model
做个好榜样
for your sisters?
埃米莉
Emily.
我今天去了这里的美容院
So, I went by the local beauty salon today.
遇到了一个叫芭芭拉·戴尔的女人
Met a woman named Barbara Dell.
她的女儿克拉丽莎和马吉是同班同学
Her daughter Clarissa is in Maggie's homeroom.
噢 是吗?
Oh, is that right?
显然克拉丽莎很受欢迎
And apparently Clarissa's quite popular.
她可以帮马吉认识一些新朋友
She can help Maggie meet some new friends.
一些很好的女孩
Some really nice girls.
是的 我见过一些
Yeah, I've met some of them
她们简直友善得要死
and they'll kill you with kindness.
别弄了
Stop it, ow.
能认识一些新朋友也不错
电影精选列表