当他进入都柏林的费斯·塞奥尔时,他21岁。
He was 21 when he entered the Feis Ceoil in Dublin.
-什么?-费斯·塞奥尔
- The what? - The Feis Ceoil.
这是盖尔语♥音♥乐比赛。他是男高音类别的亚军。
It's a Gaelic musical competition. He was runner-up in the tenor category.
你知道谁赢了吗-不知道
- Do you know who the winner was? - No.
-约翰·麦科马克(John McCormack)-真的吗?
- John McCormack. - Really?
-你总是穿运动服吗?-你不喜欢吗?
- Do you always wear a sweat suit? - Don't you like it?
是的,我只是想知道没有它你会是什么样子。我是说,穿着裙子。
Yes, I just wonder what you'd be like without it. I mean, in a dress.
我花了很多时间想象事情。这是我作为作家训练的一部分。
I spend a lot of time imagining things. Part of my training as a writer.
所有真正的作家都会想象。
All real writers imagine.
晚安,加普!
Good night, Garp!
天哪。
Oh, my God.
加普!你没有权利写这个!
Garp! You've no right to write this!
如果你要写我和我的私生活,等我死了再说。
If you're going to write about me and my personal life, wait till I'm dead.
在我活着的时候,这个主题属于我。
While I'm alive, the subject belongs to me.
我可能想写一下我自己。
I might want to write about myself.
-我还没发生什么事,妈妈.-嗯,太糟糕了.
- Nothing's happened to me yet, Mom. - Well, too bad.
那就编点什么吧。晚安,儿子。
Make up something then. Good night, son.
晚安,妈妈。
Good night, Mom.
-睡个好觉。-你也是.
- Sleep well. - You too.
那么,你怎么知道你会成为一名作家呢?
So, how do you know you're going to be a writer?
这只是你知道的一些事。
It's just something you know.
你打算写些什么呢?
What are you going to write about?
我的生活,一旦我经历够了。
My life, once I've experienced enough.
你要写信,你要嫁给海伦,她要读书。
You'll write, and you'll marry Helen, and she'll read.
-这就是你想要的吗-也许吧
- Is that what you want? - Maybe.
我想我最好给你写点东西。
I guess I'd better give you something to write about.
它卡住了。
It's stuck.
-这是你第一次吗-不是
- Is this your first time? - No.
我也这么想。
I thought so.
-你的东西呢?-什么在哪里?
- Where's your thing? - Where's what?
-你的事.-我的事?你没有拿着它吗?
- Your thing. - My thing? Don't you have a hold of it?
-不,是你的手套.-我的手套?
- No, your glove. - My glove?
听着,我不想要孩子。
Look, I don't want babies.
没有手套,就没有爱。
No glove, no love.
你是说橡胶。
You mean rubbers.
维尼?
Pooh?
可怜的加普,你快要爆了。
Poor Garp, you're about to burst.
海伦!
Helen!
我快追上你了,海伦。
I'm gaining on you, Helen.
你怎么了?
What's the matter?
-注意你在跑的地方。-对不起.
- Watch where you're running. - Sorry.
我的短篇小说!
My short story!
这是我的第一个短篇小说。
It's my first short story.
我为你写的。
I wrote it for you.
-你为我写的.-是的。
- You wrote it for me. - Yeah.
库西怎么看?
What'd Cushie think of it?
卡西?
Cushie?
库西。
Cushie.
她不是那种欣赏严肃文学的人。
She's not the type to appreciate serious literature.
我不知道。
I don't know.
在我看来,她似乎很有头脑。
From what I saw of her, she seemed to have a pretty good head on her shoulders.
哦!这下糟了!
Oh, boy!
我们的时间不多了。
We haven't got much time.
我家里的男人死得很早!
Men die young in my family!
我要走了!我要去纽约成为一名真正的作家!
I'm leaving! I'm going to New York to become a real writer!
哦,上帝。
Oh, God.
精神错乱。
Bonkers.
邦基,快点。
Bonkie, come on now.
把报纸给我。
Give me the paper.
疯子,把纸给我,你这个毛茸茸的狗♥娘♥养♥的!
Bonkers, give me that paper, you hairy son of a bitch!
神经病,你这个鸡屎!
Bonkers, you chicken shit!
如果我是一条狗,你早就死了!
If I were a dog, you'd be dead!
发生了什么?
What happened?
我和海伦吵了一架。
I had a fight with Helen.
和海伦在一起吗?
With Helen?
还有精神错乱。
And Bonkers, too.
我想离开这里。
I want to get out of here.
我想去纽约,成为一名真正的作家。
I want to go to New York, become a real writer.
好的。
All right.
我一直在想我们应该离开,我自己。
I've been thinking we ought to leave, myself.
我们在这里待得够久了。
We've been here long enough.
你要来吗?
Are you going to come?
我认为这是个好主意。也许我也可以在那里写作。
I think it's a good idea. Maybe I could write there, too.
-这是什么?-疯子的耳朵.
- What's this? - Bonkers' ear.
-他的耳朵?-一部分.
- His ear? - Part of it.
加普,你在上面吗?
Garp, are you up there?
珍妮·菲尔兹,你在上面吗?
Jenny Fields, are you up there?
是的,您想要什么?
Yes, what is it you want?
你那该死的混♥蛋♥儿子对我的狗做了什么?
What the hell did that bastard son of yours do to my dog?
门廊上有血!到处都是血!
There's blood on the porch! There's blood everywhere!
他在房♥子下面,他不肯出来!
He's under the house, and he won't come out!
他做了什么?
What did he do?
加普咬了邦基。
Garp bit Bonkie.
我们有橙子、水果和蔬菜。
We've got oranges, fruits and vegetables.
现在我们只需要一些黄油,一些牛奶,还有.
Now all we need is some butter, some milk, and...
.一些咖啡.
...some coffee.
而且我们的糖浆也用完了。
And we're also out of syrup.
那是最新的款式吗?
Is that the latest fashion?
不,妈妈,那是最古老的职业。
No, Mom, that's the oldest profession.
-妓♥女♥?-哦,是的。
- Whores? - Oh, yes.
怎么又知道了?
How do you know?
这只是一个作家的本能。
Just a writer's instinct.
-我想和他们中的一个谈谈-来吧.
- I want to talk with one of them. - Come on.
不,我想问她一些事情。
No, I want to ask her about something.
-关于什么?-我想问她关于欲望的事!
- About what? - I want to ask her about lust!
妈妈!
Mom!
哦!这下糟了。
Oh, boy.
请原谅我。我叫珍妮·菲尔兹。你是妓♥女♥吗?
Pardon me. My name is Jenny Fields. Are you a prostitute?
这事与你有何关系?
What's it to you?
我叫加普。我妈妈和我只是..。
My name's Garp. My mother and I were just...
-你母亲?-我很乐意付钱给你.
- Your mother? - I'll be glad to pay you.
-是的,你看,我母亲.-没有.
- Yes, you see, my mother... - No.
我不喜欢古怪的东西。你想要这些,去第八大道吧。
I don't go for no kinky stuff. You want any of that, go to 8th Avenue.
-她只是想和你谈谈.-你们的常规费用是多少?
- She just wants to talk to you. - What's your regular charge?
-问几个问题。-10美元够吗?
- Ask a few questions. - Would $10 be enough?
10美元?
$10?
-通常是什么?-我不知道.那得看情况。
- What's the usual? - I don't know. It depends.
我给你20美元。
I'll give you $20.
我们去个地方喝杯咖啡,暖暖身子聊聊天。
We'll go someplace where we can get a cup of coffee, get warm and talk.
你付咖啡钱了吗?
You pay for the coffee?
当然了。
Of course.
搞什么鬼。去。
What the hell. Go.
妈妈,我们现在可以走了吗?
Mom, can we go now?
你感觉到什么了吗?
Do you feel anything?
你从中得到了什么身体上的享受吗?
Do you get any physical enjoyment from it?
我工作的时候不会。哦,有时候。
Not when I'm working. Oh, sometimes.
你觉得男人为什么喜欢你?
Why do you think men like you?
-我们真的得走了.-你喜欢她吗?
- We've really got to go. - Do you like her?
-她人很好,妈妈,但是.-你到底想要她什么?
- She's nice, Mom, but... - What is it about her that you want?
我指的不只是她的性♥爱♥部分。
I don't mean just her sex parts.
我是说,还有什么让人满意的吗?
I mean, is there something else that's satisfying?
这是一种组合。
It's a combination.
你觉得这样被需要是什么感觉?
How do you feel to be wanted in that way?
让我儿子那样想要你是不是有损你的身份?
Does it degrade you to have my son want you in that way?
或者你认为这只会贬低他?
Or do you think it only degrades him?
我不知道。
I don't know.
你想要她吗?你想要她就像你想要海伦一样吗?
Do you want her? Do you want her like you want Helen?
是同样的欲望吗?
Is it the same kind of want?
你真的很想和她做♥爱♥。
You really want to have sex with her.
嗯,你有吗?
Well, do you?
电影精选列表