死亡就是这样。
Death's like that.
它只是简单地抓住了你。
It just plain catches you.
教练,篮球队怎么样?
How's the basketball team, coach?
-我是摔跤教练。-换了工作,嗯?
- I'm a wrestling coach. - Changed jobs, eh?
不,我要退休了。
No, I'm retiring.
你别那么说呀。
Don't say that.
你还有很长的路要走。
You've got a long life ahead.
不,这是我执教的最后一年了。
No, this is the last year that I'll be coaching.
我要去佛罗里达了。
I'm off to Florida.
加普想要接手。
Garp wants to take over.
接手什么?
Take over what?
当教练。
Coaching.
你是做什么教练的?
What do you coach?
会议将于明天下午5点在纽约举♥行♥。
It's going to be held at 5:00 tomorrow in New York.
但是恐怕你不能去。
But I'm afraid you can't go.
你说我不能去是什么意思?我是她的儿子。
What do you mean, I can't go? I'm her son.
这只是为女性准备的。
It's just for women.
你看,这将是第一场女权主义追悼会。
You see, it's going to be the first feminist memorial funeral.
他们不会允许任何男人。
And they aren't going to allow any men.
一个男人杀了她。他们很不高兴。
A man killed her. They're very upset.
气疯了我了!她是我妈妈。
I'm upset! She's my mother.
我警告过你要小心你的书,加普。
I warned you about your book, Garp.
艾伦·詹姆森一家在给我发恐吓信。
The Ellen Jamesians are sending threatening letters to me.
我也是。那又怎么样?
Me, too. So what?
-暴♥力♥已经够多了-他们对你大发雷霆.
- There's been enough violence. - They're furious at you.
我认识这些女人。如果一个男人出现了..。
I know these women. If a man shows up...
-有个男人出现了。-你只是想找麻烦。
- A man is showing up. - You just want to make trouble.
不,我没有。
No, I don't.
我告诉你我想要什么。我想让我母亲复活。
I'll tell you what I want. I want my mother alive again.
但既然我不能那样做,又因为我非常想念她.
But since I can't have that, and since I miss her terribly...
.我想和尽可能多的和我有同感的人在一起。
...I want to be around as many people as possible who feel the same way as I do.
我要为我生命中的睡觉独自哀悼她的逝世。
I'm going to mourn her death alone for the rest of my life.
但现在,我想和尽可能多的人分享。
But right now, I want to share it with as many people as I can.
这片土地上有一个声音。
There was a voice in the land.
但是现在这个声音已经被压制了..。
But now that voice has been silenced...
.被一颗疯子的子弹打死了
...by a madman's bullet.
珍妮的声音已经沉默了。
Jenny's voice has been silenced.
但是她的话已经传给了我们每个人。
But her words have been passed on to each one of us.
现在我们可以为自己说话了。
And we now can speak for ourselves.
因为她教会了我们怎么做。
Because she taught us how.
我感到悲痛,不是因为我害怕我们无法继续下去。
I grieve, not because I'm afraid that we won't be able to continue.
我们会继续。
We will continue.
我伤心是因为我爱她。
I grieve because I loved her.
因为我们都爱她。
Because we all loved her.
她是我们的母亲。
She was our mother.
因此,我们现在是孤儿。
And therefore, we are now orphans.
她是我们的家,现在我们无家可归了。
She was our home, and now we are homeless.
ARP!
Arp!
-我有更多的话要说,但是l.-阿普!
- I had more to say, but l... - Arp!
噗!
Pooh!
各位,请坐下。
Everyone, please sit down.
请安静!
Silence, please!
屋子里安静!
Silence in the house!
我知道,那是我的书。我真的不知道。
I know, that's my book. I really don't...
你是Ellen Jamesian家的人。谢谢..。
You're an Ellen Jamesian. Thank...
你是艾伦·詹姆斯?
You're Ellen James?
我只想和你谈谈。等等..。
I just want to talk to you. Wait...
你不能上唐纳森的课。那真是令人厌烦。
You're not taking Donaldson's class. That's a real bore.
我该带些什么呢?
What shall I take?
我没有把握。
I'm not sure.
见鬼的“全球发展研究”是什么?
What the hell is "Global Development Studies"?
我得旁听那件事,然后告诉你。
I'll have to sit in on that one and let you know.
那一定是保姆。我去拿。
That must be the babysitter. I'll get it.
-嗨,加普太太.-嗨,吉米.进来吧。
- Hi, Mrs. Garp. - Hi, Jimmy. Come on in.
嗨,珍妮。
Hi, Jenny.
你叫什么名字-吉姆
- What's your name? - Jim.
电影应该在10点半结束,所以我们11点就到家了。
The movie should be over by 10:30, so we'll be home by 11:00.
我把剧院的电♥话♥号♥码留在电♥话♥旁边了,以防你有麻烦。
I left the number of the theater by the phone in case you have any trouble.
-再见.-‘再见。
- Bye-bye. - 'Bye.
再见,妈妈。再见,爸爸。
'Bye, Mom. 'Bye, Dad.
那是个保姆吗?
That's a babysitter?
我以为我们要去看电影。
I thought we were going to the movies.
我们去什么地方?
Where are we going?
我明白了。
I see.
我们要留在这里看孩子们。
We're going to stay here and look at the kids.
这真是个不错的约会。
This is some date.
你怀念写作吗?
Do you miss writing?
不用谢。如果我这么做了,我会重新开始的。
Not at all. If I do, I'll start again.
不过你知道我真正喜欢的是什么吗?想着所有的事情。
You know what I really love, though? Thinking about everything.
我们是怎么认识的。
How we met.
所有这些。
All that.
-你不能活在过去。-我没有
- You can't live in the past. - I'm not.
但我可以活在现在,回想过去。
But I can live in the present, and think about the past.
你应该在年纪大、头发花白的时候才这么做。
You're supposed to do that when you're old and gray.
让它见鬼去吧。
To hell with that.
当我又老又白的时候,我可能不会记得我的过去了。
When I'm old and gray, I probably won't remember my past.
你做这件事的时候一定要年轻。
You've got to be young when you do it.
真的很不错,你知道吗?回首往事,看到你生命的弧线。
It's really nice, you know? To look back and see the arc of your life.
这一切都是有联♥系♥的。
It's all connected.
你是怎么从那里到这里的..。
How you got from there to here...
去看看队伍,你知道吗?
To see the line, you know?
这真的是一次冒险。
It really has been an adventure.
我又要开始教书了。
I'm going to start teaching again.
我要开始玩悬挂式滑翔了。
I'm going to take up hang-gliding.
这就是你一直想要的。
This is what you had in mind all along.
我打赌我知道我们以后能做什么。
And I bet I know what we can do later on.
孩子们睡着了,我们去看看。
We'll go look at the kids when they're asleep.
海伦·霍姆。
Helen Holm.
去!
Go!
去吧,马丁。赶快!
Go, Martin. Come on!
把他拿下!
Take him down!
就这样。走得好!
That's it. Good move!
十秒!
Ten seconds!
来吧,马丁。骑他!
Come on, Martin. Ride him!
来吧,埃尔默。
Come on, Elmer.
同一个人,最底层。
Same man, the bottom.
别再唠叨了,维吉尔。
Get off your back, Virgil.
把他绑在下面。就这样。
Tie him up underneath. That's it.
十秒!
Ten seconds!
在他后面,马库斯!
Behind him, Marcus!
五秒钟!
Five seconds!
在他身后。把他放下来!
Behind him. Bring him down!
噗!
Pooh!
快找人来!快点!快叫医生来!
Get someone! Quickly! Get a doctor!
快叫救护车!
Get an ambulance!
哦,天哪,拜托!
Oh, God, please!
我们要带你去波士顿的一家医院。
We're taking you to a hospital in Boston.
一切都会顺利的。
Everything will be fine.
海伦?
Helen?
记住。
Remember.
什么,亲爱的?
What, my love?
一切,海伦。
Everything, Helen.
是的,亲爱的。
Yes, my love.
我在飞,海伦。
I'm flying, Helen.
是的,亲爱的。
Yes, my love.
我在飞。
I'm flying.
塔-兰塔-兰塔-拉。
Ta-ranta-ranta-ra.
电影精选列表