我也不知道。
Neither did I.
我一直想要个孩子。
I always wanted a child.
如果我能自己吃一杯,我会的。
If I could've had one by myself, I would have.
但是上帝,或者自然,或者别的什么..。嗯,你知道,你需要一个男人。
But God, or nature, or whatever... Well, you know, you need a man.
你知道男人是什么样的。充满了欲望。我能跟你说是因为你已经忘了这一切了。
You know what men are like. Full of lust. I can talk to you 'cause you're past all that.
-什么?-你身体不太好,不能走路.
- What? - You're not well enough to walk.
这是一个非常严重的肿块。
It's a very nasty bump.
不管怎么说,战争已经开始了。
Anyway, the war was on.
我是一名护士。有一天,他们带来了一个尾炮手..。
I was a nurse. One day, they brought in a tail gunner...
.他在德国上空的一次突袭中被防空打伤。
...who'd been wounded by antiaircraft in a raid over Germany.
一块钢铁碎片扎进了他的脑海,他所能说的只有他的名字:加普。
A splinter of steel had lodged in his brain and all he could say was his name: Garp.
由于我无法理解的医学原因,他也经常勃起。
For medical reasons I couldn't understand, he also had a constant erection.
他每况愈下。
He deteriorated steadily.
直到有一天,他所能说的都是他名字的一部分:ARP。
Until one day, all he could say was part of his name: Arp.
就在那时,我知道他活不了多久了。
It was then that I knew that he wouldn't last much longer.
然而,他的勃起依然有增无减。
His erections continued, however, quite unabated.
我明白了。
I see.
-我正要走了.-还没有.
- I'll just be going. - Not yet.
你最好是睡觉的。
You'd better rest.
不管怎么说。
Anyway.
我刚才说到哪里?
Where was I?
他一直在勃起。
He kept having erections.
谢谢。
Thank you.
他快要死了。我想要个孩子。
He was dying. I wanted a child.
这是一个很好的方式,没有丈夫在身边的麻烦。
It was a good way to have one without the bother of a husband around...
.对我的身体有合法权利的人所以,有一天晚上上班的时候.
...who had legal rights to my body. So, one night at work...
.当伤员和残废都睡着了,我就去找他.
...when the wounded and maimed were all asleep, I went to him.
他睡着了。
He was asleep.
但他的勃起就在那里,一如既往。
But his erection was there, as always.
我脱下内衣,爬到他身上。
I removed my undergarments and climbed on top of him.
然后他就醒了。
He woke up then.
除了他的名字,他说了我听过的唯一一个词。
He said the only word other than his name that I ever heard him utter.
他说,“很好。”这并没有花很长时间,这一次就是所需的全部。
He said, "good." It didn't take very long, and that once was all that was needed.
你强♥奸♥了他!你强♥奸♥了一个垂死的人!
You raped him! You raped a dying man!
-你还好吗?-不好!
- Are you all right? - No!
是!
Yes!
我现在得回家了。你真是太好了。
I have to get home now. You've been very kind.
我从来没听说过什么..。
I've never heard anything...
晚安。
Good night.
然后他就死了。
And then he died.
他确实死了。
He did die.
真的?
Really?
真的。
Really.
你会像以前一样把我扔到空中吗?
Will you throw me in the air like you used to?
你现在太大了,不能这么做。
You're too big for that now.
现在你也没有父亲了。
Now you don't have a father, either.
你知道,每个人都会死。
You know, everybody dies.
我父母去世了。你父亲去世了。每个人都会死。
My parents died. Your father died. Everybody dies.
我也要死了。你也会的。
I'm going to die, too. So will you.
问题是,在我们死之前要有自己的生活。
The thing is, to have a life before we die.
这可能是一次真正的冒险。
It can be a real adventure...
.有自己的生活
...having a life.
加普!当心暗流!
Garp! Careful of the undertow!
回流!
The undertow!
当心暗流!
Be careful of the undertow!
-你好?-嗨.
- How do you do? - Hi.
你好,又见面了。
Hello, again.
希望我没有打扰你,在这里跑来跑去。
Hope I'm not disturbing you, running up and down here.
不是的。
Nope.
很让人分心,不是吗?
It's distracting, isn't it?
对我来说不是,不是。
Not to me, it's not.
你的体重是多少,大约112磅?
What do you weigh, about 112 or so?
113.
113.
很高兴与你见面。158.
Pleased to meet you. 158.
在我去147的路上。
On my way to 147.
真对不起。
Sorry about that.
我叫T.S.加普。
My name is T.S. Garp.
-T.S.代表什么?-非常性感
- What's T.S. stand for? - Terribly Sexy.
我过去非常害羞,但我改变了。
I used to be Terribly Shy, but I changed.
我是海伦·霍姆-霍姆,甜蜜的霍姆.
- I'm Helen Holm. - Holm sweet Holm.
我们这里的新摔跤教练叫霍姆。真是个顽固的家伙!
Our new wrestling coach here is named Holm. What a hard-ass!
我们叫他“霍姆汗霍姆”-他是我父亲我是他的女儿。
- We call him "Holm sweat Holm." - He's my father. I'm his daughter.
我们是霍姆队。
We're the Holm team.
保重。
Take care.
混♥蛋♥。
Asshole.
我们去抓他们吧,加普。
Let's get them, Garp.
下一个!
Next!
动手吧!
Do it!
-你越界了。--聚精会神。
- You're out of bounds. - Concentration.
你直接走进了那个消防员的房♥间,加普。赶快!
You walked right into that fireman's, Garp. Come on!
我们走吧!
Let's go!
把脸摘下来!
Off the face!
抓住他,加普!
Get him, Garp!
把他转过来!把他翻过来!
Reverse him! Roll him!
二!那里有两个人!
Two! Two there!
厄尼,恭喜你。你在击倒我们的时候打败了我们。
Ernie, congratulations. You beat us on the takedowns.
-而且我们在拆卸方面做得很差.-谢谢,汤姆.我们有几个人..。
- And we're lousy on takedowns. - Thanks, Tom. We've got some guys...
-干得好,厄尼.-很好,你自己.
- Nice job, Ernie. - Nice, yourself.
他打了你的脚。他得到了所有的打击。
He beat you on your feet. He got all the takedowns.
还有大部分的瀑布。
And most of the falls.
霍姆先生?
Mr. Holm?
嗨,珍妮。
Hi, Jenny.
霍姆先生,你知道外面发生了什么吗?
Mr. Holm, were you aware of what was going on out here?
加普在第一节课上并没有真正集中精力。
Garp wasn't really concentrating in the first period.
-但那是双臂的.-那是欲望.
- But it was that double-armed... - It was lust.
请再说一遍?
Beg your pardon?
性♥欲♥。
Lust.
霍姆先生,你有个女儿。我有一个儿子。
Mr. Holm, you have a daughter. I have a son.
-他是个好孩子。摔跤好手。-他也充满了欲望
- He's a fine boy. Good wrestler. - He's also full of lust.
我在一英里外就能认出它。他在追求你的女儿。
I can spot it a mile away. He's lusting after your daughter.
我不会担心这个的。海伦能照顾好自己。
I wouldn't worry about that. Helen can take care of herself.
-毕竟,这是很自然的。-疾病也是自然的。
- After all, it's only natural. - Diseases are natural, too.
这并不意味着我们必须向他们让步。
It doesn't mean we have to give in to them.
看好你的女儿,教练。
Keep an eye on your daughter, coach.
喂,加普吗?
Hello, Garp?
卡西?
Cushie?
什么风把你吹回来了?
So, what brings you home?
我是来拜访的。我被困在这所女子学校。
I'm visiting. I'm stuck at this all girls' school.
所以,我想我应该来看看孩子们怎么样了。
So, I thought I'd visit here, see how the boys are doing.
那么,你好吗?
So, how are you?
我头疼得厉害。
I have this terrible headache.
-回头见.-保重。
- I'll see you. - Take care.
-嗨.-嗨.
- Hi. - Hi.
-我打扰到你了吗?-我想你喜欢打扰我
- Am I disturbing you? - I think you like to disturb me.
你的确读了很多书。
You sure read a lot.
-我总是读很多书。-我也是。不过,这会毁了你的眼睛的。
- I've always read a lot. - Me, too. It'll ruin your eyes, though.
他们已经被毁了。
They're already ruined.
“尤利西斯”
Ulysses
-你要当作家吗?-不可能我要成为一名读者。
- You going to be a writer? - No chance. I'm going to be a reader.
也许你会嫁给一个作家。
Maybe you'll marry a writer.
如果我嫁给任何人,那一定是个作家。
If I marry anybody, it'll be a writer.
但我怀疑我会嫁给任何人。
But I doubt I'll marry anybody.
-你当然不会嫁给摔跤运动员。-这一点你可以非常肯定。
- You certainly won't marry a wrestler. - You can be very sure of that.
除非是一个摔跤运动员同时也是个作家。
Unless it's a wrestler who's also a writer.
-但是首先是一个作家吗?-是的,一个真正的作家.
- But a writer first and foremost? - Yeah, a real writer.
就像乔伊斯那样吗-也许吧
- Like Joyce? - Maybe.
他从来没有赚过钱。他当过办事员以养家糊口。
He never made any money. He worked as a clerk to support his family.
你读过他的书吗?
You've read him?
你知道他有一副动听的男高音吗?
Did you know he had a beautiful tenor voice?
不,我没有。
No, I didn't.
电影精选列表