因为她就像不在这一样
'Cause it's not like she's here...
你太好说话了 你得完全镇住他们
You're too nice. You need to properly sit them down
就像这样说 这公♥寓♥里住着三个人
and be, like, "There's three people living in this flat.
所以付给我房♥租
"Pay me rent."
直接一点 拿着根球棒
Get aggressive, get a baseball bat.
-早上好 -早上好 弗兰克
Morning. Morning, Frank.
-怎么了 -你睡得好吗
- All right? - Did you sleep well?
还行
Yeah, it was all right.
-没有你的 -没有吗
- Nothing for you, sorry. - No?
你在等什么重要的信件吗
Are you expecting anything important?
-没有 -没有吗
- No. - No?
-你想喝杯茶吗 -好啊 谢谢
- Do you want a cup of tea? - Yeah, please. Thank you.
-没事 -不加糖
- All right. - No sugar, please.
好的
All right, mate.
你能给我倒杯茶吗
Can you make me a cup of tea in a minute?
你太懒了
So lazy.
我们不知道
We don't know what
他们的思想 或者内心里
the inner machinations of their mind are,
藏着什么阴谋诡计
or their heart.
我们不知道
We don't know.
但这就是当我们去看电影的时候
But that's what we want to know
我们想知道的
when we go and see a film.
我们不想看到表演生活
We don't wanna just see life played out as is.
我们想看到体验生活
We wanna see life as it is experienced,
在这个柔软的机器里 在这个
within this soft machine, within this...
但是托尼和他母亲的生活
But the life of Tony and his mother,
他们是真人真事
they're the lives of real people.
我不是 我不是在编
I'm not... I'm not making that up.
为什么他们会比我更真实
Why are they more real than me?
他们并不比你更真实
They're not more real than you.
那我比你更真实吗
Am I more real than you?
不
No.
我认为在这方面我们是平等的
I think we're all equal in that.
我觉得我们都一样真实
I think we're all as real as each other.
不存在竞争关系
There's no competition.
其实他们是不是真人也不重要
It doesn't matter that they're not real people.
我是说 我不是想拍个纪录片
I mean, I'm not trying to make a documentary.
-我要拍剧情片 -你确定吗
- I'm making a feature film. - Now, are you sure?
我确定
Yes, I am.
我要拍一部剧情片
I'm making a feature film.
你不想尝试去记录一些关于在码头那里
You're not trying to document some received idea of
生活的点滴
life up there, on the docks,
每天刺耳的轰鸣声
the daily grind,
会夹杂在无线广播里
huddled listening to the wireless?
我想 但是我会创造新的东西进去
Well, I am, but I'm creating something new with it.
好吧 很好
Well, good.
所以素材是真实的 这些人和事
So the material is real, those people exist,
但是我要设计新的东西
but I am designing new ones
去适应我想要表达的东西
to fit what I want to make.
好吧 很好 听起来不错
Well, good. That sounds great.
我是鲍威尔和普雷斯伯格的忠实粉丝
I'm a big fan of Powell and Pressburger.
我觉得他们
I think they...
我觉得他们很坦率
I think they're very truthful
即使是在需要说谎的时候
without necessarily being real.
所以你要怎么做
So what do you do?
我在外♥交♥部♥工作
I work for the Foreign Office.
-无聊吗 -难以置信的无聊
- Is it very boring? - Incredibly.
各种悲惨的经历
The many misadventures.
-打算叫什么名字 -对啊 啥名字
- What'll be the name? - Yeah, the name.
道上的名号♥
The word on the street.
我叫什么好呢 叫什么好
What'll be my name? What'll be my name?
我来想个特别一点的吧
Let me think of something special.
-把这个戴上 -叫罗杰吧
- Wear one of these. - Roger.
-叫罗杰 -没错
- Roger? - Yeah.
罗杰 不行 这名字听起来太粗犷了
Roger? No, Roger sounds too rugged.
好吧 拍下来了吗
All right, you got it?
肯定没拍到
You're not gonna get it.
照得好烂啊
Oh, that was a terrible shot.
每次都照不好
That was always gonna happen.
没准备好嘛
Get raided.
你确定要再拍一张
You sure you want another one?
给我们照一张 过来吧
Take one of us. Come here.
我会开车 但我没有驾照
Yeah, I can drive. Haven't got a license, though.
你够了
Stop.
肯定照废了
That ruined it.
-要不要再来一张 -不用
- Would you like another one? - No.
-不要吗 你确定 -确定 谢了
- No? You sure? - Yeah,I'm sure,thank you.
-你想不想再照一张 -不是刚照过了吗
- Would you like another one? - I've just had one.
该死
Bloody hell.
你喜欢她吗
Do you like her?
爱得不行
I love her.
她刚收到恋人的消息
She's just received word from her lover,
并且正在树上刻着他的名字
and she's carving his initial into the tree.
她看起来很忧伤
She looks sad.
我觉得她看起来挺坚毅的
I think she looks determined.
正在热恋之中
And very much in love.
在热恋之中
Very much in love.
-你喜欢马吗 -喜欢 但不喜欢骑
- Do you like horses? - Yes. But not to ride.
雷特别喜欢马
Well, Ray's rather fond of them,
珍妮特说我们可以带上雷
and Janet said we could take her
去我父母家过周末
to my parents for the weekend.
-噢 那太好了 -那就说定了
- Yeah, I'd love that. - Good.
你们来了 雷
Made it. Ray.
嗨 你好 我是芭芭拉
Hi. Hi, hello. I'm Barbara.
-你好 芭芭拉 我是雷 -幸会
- Hello, Barbara. I'm Ray. - Ray.
-你好啊 雷 我是詹姆斯 -你好 詹姆斯
- Hello, Ray. I'm James. - Hello, James.
嗨 亲爱的 你好啊
Hello, darling. Hello.
-这是朱莉 -朱莉
- Julie. - Julie.
-你好 朱莉 我是芭芭拉 -很高兴见到你
- Hello, Julie. I'm Barbara. - Lovely to meet you.
-欢迎欢迎 -嗨 我是朱莉
- You're welcome. Welcome. - Hi. I'm Julie.
见到你很高兴 请跟我来
Lovely to meet you. If you'd like to follow me...
-请进 -谢谢
- Come on in. - Thank you.
你这段时间在拍什么
What are you working on at the moment?
我在
I, um...
我下一个计划是拍部故事片
Uh, my next project is a feature film,
故事发生在桑德兰
uh, set in Sunderland.
哦 那是个好地方
Oh. Great part of the world.
芭芭拉的老家在纽卡斯尔
Um, Barbara comes from Newcastle,
她在那儿还有些亲戚
so she's got some family up that way.
你要是去那儿 她可以帮你安排个住的地方
Might be able to put you up, maybe, if you were up there.
谢谢了
Mmm. Thank you.
这个题材挺好的
Um... Oh, great subject matter.
你有没有打算
Are you involved...
去造船厂进行拍摄呢
Wanting to film in the shipyards, or...
-可以啊 -太好了
- Mmm. Yeah. - Wonderful.
厂里的工人希望有人能给他们拍部纪录片
They really need somebody to do a documentary on them,
他们现在处境挺艰难的
because they're under threat at the moment.
当时我还年轻 在我去读艺校之前
Uh, I worked in a shipyard when I was a boy,
我在造船厂工作过一段时间
before I went off to art school.
虽然不是在同一家造船厂
Not in that part of the world, but, uh...
但那段经历一直是我创作的灵感之源
It's been my subject matter and inspiration, really,
那些船舶的优美弧线
you know, the beautiful shapes of the boats and...
我好像听弗朗基说
Did I hear Frankie say something
他要在他女朋友那里
about staying with his girlfriend
住几天
for a few days?
没错 他俩总腻在一起
Yeah, he's always with her.
从下周开始还是
Beginning of next week or...
我也不清楚 我得问一下 不过
Yeah. I'm not sure, I'd have to check, but...
那我能不能在这儿住几天呢
I was wondering if I could stay a few days.
为什么
Why?
电影精选列表