你看起来就像个弱不禁风的孩子
You look like a child who doesn't have what it takes
根本不配加入一支 由强壮女兵组成的部队
to be in a unit full of strong women soldiers.
这是你的第二次警告
This is your second strike.
赶紧站起来 否则今天就离开
Now, you get on up, or you are out of here today.
嘿 莉娜 她有没有让你想起什么人?
Hey, Lena, does she remind you of anybody?
玛丽·凯瑟琳
Mary Kathryn.
我们知道该怎么对付她
And we know what to do with her.
航向
Vector.
九
Niner.
西经九
Niner west.
起来 士兵
Get on up, soldier.
你最好吃点东西 这样才有力气
You better eat. You're gonna need your strength.
她说得对 莉娜
She's right, Lena.
她就应该直接放弃 反正亚当斯上尉也不喜欢她
She should just go on and quit. Captain Adams don't like her anyway.
你为什么要跟她说这个?
Why would you say that to her?
本来就是 她就是不喜欢
It's true. She don't.
你真不厚道 - 我这是实诚
You are not a nice person at all. - I'm honest.
别听她的 你能做到的 一定会
Don't you listen to her. You're gonna make it. You will.
而且他总是看你
And he always looking at you.
乔妮·梅 你嫉妒她吗?
Johnnie Mae, are you jealous of her?
拉倒吧 我要是想得到他 就一定能到手
Girl, hush. If I wanted him, I could have him.
我才不嫉妒她那瘦小身板
I ain't jealous of her skinny tail.
她也没看上他
She ain't worried about him no way.
她只想着那个亚伯兰
Only thing she think about is that Abram.
你说什么?
What did you say?
我睡在你旁边 你每晚都叫他的名字
I bunk next to you. You call his name every night.
吵得我都睡不着
Hell, I can't get no sleep.
亚伯兰长 亚伯兰短的
Abram this, Abram that.
“你在哪里 亚伯兰 亚伯兰 你在哪儿?”
"Where are you, Abram? Abram, where are..."
你再提他的名字试试
Don't you dare mention his name again.
我可以任你欺负 你说什么可以
Now, I have let you push me around and say all kinds of things,
但你不许再提他的名字
but don't you dare say his name.
活该
You deserved that. - Mm-hmm.
(美国陆军妇女兵团中的黑人女性)
戴文波特上校办公室 有什么事吗?
This is the office of Colonel Davenport. May I take a message?
...军队的工作现在已经开始
...jobs the Army way now begins.
陆军妇女兵团的士兵们 体格健壮 精神饱满 以军团为荣
WACs, fit, alert, proud of their corps,
已经准备好 为新生活的下个重要阶段而奋斗
prepared for the next big step in their new life.
替换接线员士兵
Replacing soldiers at switchboards.
担任陆军各部门的调度员
Serving as dispatchers for various branches of the Army.
还有汽车运输
Motor transport, where women have proved their ability
在那里 女兵们已然证明了 她们维护修理汽车和卡车的能力
to maintain and repair cars and trucks.
她们是优秀的驾驶员和机械师
They're good drivers and mechanics.
在军队车辆调配场
In Army motor pools.
在以上和其他许多领域 她们接手了军队的重要工作
In these and many other fields, taking over important jobs for the Army.
这些新兵支援 在赢得战争中发挥了重要作用
Through these replacements, playing a vital role in winning the war.
稍息
At ease.
你想见我 亚当斯? - 是的 长官
You wanted to see me, Adams? - Yes, sir.
我知道你很执着
I know you are persistent.
如果还是有关请求下令的事...
If this has anything to do with you having orders...
是的 长官
It does, sir.
我已经训练出数百名合格女兵
I have graduated hundreds of women,
本月 又有38名即将合格毕业
and this month, another 38 are about to do the same.
如您所知 我的成功率高达97% 我们准备好接受任务了 长官
As you know, I have a 97% success rate. We are ready to be called to duty, sir.
你确定吗?
Are you sure about that?
我觉得你们还没准备好接受任务
I don't think you're ready for an assignment.
长官 恕我直言 白人女性...
Sir, with all due respect, the white women...
更够格
They're more qualified.
不好意思 我还要开会
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting.
长官 我... - 我还要开会
Sir, I... - I have a meeting.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
她...
She is...
先生们 想必各位都认识我妻子
Gentlemen, you know my wife.
这位是玛莉·麦克里欧德·贝颂
And this is Mary McLeod Bethune.
请坐
Please be seated.
我就开门见山了
I'll get right down to it.
这几周里
Over the past few weeks,
我和我妻子一直在讨论邮件送达
my wife and I have been talking about the problems we are having with the mail
以及士兵士气的问题
and our soldiers' morale.
诸位作何解释?
Care to explain?
邮件送达之路严重受阻
There has been a serious blockage in the mail,
原因很简单 我们需要调用所有可用车辆
simply because we have needed every available vehicle
将物资运往前线
to bring supplies to the front lines.
哈尔特上将可以阐明该问题的严重性
General Halt here can speak to the magnitude of the issue.
上将? - 是 长官
General? - Uh, yes, sir.
总统先生 现在助力士兵赢得战争 是我们的首要任务
Now, Mr. President, helping our soldiers win the war is our priority.
派送邮件就只能排到其后了
The mail had to take a lesser rank of importance.
我明白
I understand that.
我不明白的是 在座的各位
What I don't understand is how anyone in this room
怎么不明白一封家信的重要性
cannot see the importance of something as simple as a letter from home
以及它对士气的影响
and what it can do for morale.
这是他们在战斗之外唯一的沟通方式
This is the only way they can communicate outside of the battle.
但手头所需才是最重要的
But the orders at hand are the most important ones,
要为前线提供补给
for the supplies for the front lines.
那你是在跟我说
So are you saying to me
没有办法把信送到这些人手里?
that there is no way to get the mail to these men?
这是不可接受的
That is unacceptable.
玛莉
Mary.
我游历全国的时候
As I travel the country,
到处都能听到同样的故事
these are the same stories I hear everywhere.
倍感担心的父母、妻子
Worried parents, wives,
孩子和挚爱
children, loved ones,
都在想为何自己收不到任何邮件
all wondering why they haven't received any mail.
没有收到过 来自那些为国奋战士兵们的
Not one letter or so much as a postcard
一封信或一张明信片
from the men who've been fighting for our country...
总统先生 我可以向您保证
Mr. President, I can assure you
我们已经派过许多部队执行此项任务
that we have, uh, put many companies on this assignment,
但事实证明 目前它已经成为一大后勤难题
but it has proven to be a logistical nightmare at this point.
我们甚至都动用过陆军妇女兵团
We even tried the Women's Army Corps.
你是说陆军白人妇女兵团吗?
You mean the white Women's Army Corps?
还有别的吗?
Well, is there another?
上将 你难道不知道
Are you not aware, General,
有黑人女性在陆军妇女兵团服役吗?
there are Negro women serving in the Women's Army Corps?
但送信这项任务非常繁复
But this mail situation is complicated.
不是往信箱里塞几封信那么简单
Not as simple as just dropping some letters in the mailbox.
邮件积压是有原因的
There are reasons for the backlog that are there.
只有能谋善断的人
Well, it'd require a great deal of skill
才能解决所有问题
to be able to sort it all out.
恕我直言 上将
With all due respect, General,
美国陆军妇女兵团中的黑人女性 都聪颖过人
the Negro women of the Women's Army Corps are very smart women,
其黑人女性领导者也十分杰出
being led by a remarkable Negro woman,
查丽蒂·亚当斯上尉
Captain Charity Adams.
她冰雪聪明
She's brilliant.
她有物理、数学和拉丁文三项学位
She has a triple major in physics, mathematics, Latin.
所以我向您保证 总统先生
So I assure you, Mr. President,
美国陆军妇女兵团中的黑人女性
the Negro women of the WAC unit
有足够的能力和领导力
possess the skills and the leadership
可以将邮件送到
to get this mail delivered.
他在那里!
There he is!
哦 你去吧 我们给你留个位子
Ooh. You go on, we'll hold you a seat.
你喜欢他吗?
Do you like him?
似乎挺不错的
Seems nice enough.
她喜欢他 但他比不上老家那个男孩
She like him. But he ain't that boy back home.
不许提他的名字 - 我不提
Don't you say his name. - I ain't.
去跟他说话
Go on, talk to him.
你好 二等兵
Hey, Private.
女士们好
Hello, ladies.
你好
Hi.
很高兴看到你出来玩儿
Good to see you come out and have some fun.
这几周我一直希望能在这里见到你
I've been hoping to see you here for weeks.
还有 恭喜你挺过来了
电影精选列表