I have spent three years at Spelman College, and...
多洛丽丝是个热爱历史的奇才
And Dolores here is a whiz who loves history.
所以我知道不可能没通过 知道她做了什么吗?
So I knew that couldn't be. So you know what she did?
她直接给玛莉·麦克里欧德·贝颂 写了一封信
She wrote a letter directly to Mary McLeod Bethune.
大名鼎鼎的玛莉·麦克里欧德·贝颂
The Mary McLeod Bethune?
那是谁?
Who is that?
天啊 你是从哪里来的?
Oh Lord. Where you from?
农村
The country.
玛莉·麦克里欧德·贝颂 是全美黑色人种妇女协会的主席
Mary McLeod Bethune is head of the National Council of Negro Women.
她是美国内阁黑人成员
She's on the president's Black cabinet,
她和埃莉诺·罗斯福本人私交甚好
and she's close personal friends with Eleanor Roosevelt herself.
我去哪儿知道“麦克姥姥德”的事?
How am I supposed to know about a McLoud?
是麦克里欧德
It's McLeod.
你们都一直取笑我
Y'all keep making fun of me.
比我丈夫还差劲
Worse than my husband.
(1944年 佐治亚州 奥格尔索普堡)
(仅限军用车辆 美国陆军 奥格尔索普堡)
等什么呢?赶紧下来
What are y'all waiting on? Hurry up and get down from there.
这意思是 我们离开家来到军队 也要面对同样的破事?
You mean to tell me I left home to deal with the same bullshit in the Army?
我们怎么下去? 来吧
How the hell we gonna get down? - Come on.
我们帮你们
We'll help you.
我会喜欢这里的
Ooh, I'm gonna like it here.
我来帮你
I'll help you.
你好 我叫休·贝尔
Hi. I'm Hugh Bell.
莉娜·德里科特
Lena Derriecott.
欢迎
Welcome.
有需要就找我 我来这里一年了
If you need anything at all, I've been here a year.
对这里很熟悉 我可以带你四处看看
I know a lot, and I could show you around.
你只打算带她四处看看吗?
You just gonna show her around? We all wanna be showed around.
我们都想被带着四处看看
We all wanna be showed around.
好的
Ma'am.
好了 走吧 女士们
All right, let's go. Ladies.
老天 你可以随时帮我 我靠
Lord, you can help me anytime, shit.
乔妮·梅!不要那样说话
Johnnie Mae! You should not use that language.
怎么 你是牧师吗?
What, you a preacher?
我父亲是
My father is.
我刚从一个地狱来到这另一个地狱
Hm. Lord, I just got out of hell to come to another hell.
她还想把我送进第三层地狱
She trying to put me in a third hell.
我们只是... - 她会捂住耳朵的
We're just... - She gonna cover her ears up.
一定要拿好出生证明
Make sure you have your birth certificates in hand.
你们都跟我来
You all, come with me.
去那边
Right through there.
穿过那扇门
Right through that door.
谢谢
Thank you.
再吃一顿饭 你的体重就会超标
One more meal, and you'll be over the weight limit.
卷起袖子 准备打♥针♥
Roll up your sleeve and get ready for your shot.
下一个
Next.
该死 你要扎我多久?
Damn, how long you gonna stick me?
这衣服要怎么穿进去?奶♥子♥都包不下
How is this supposed to fit us? I can't get my titties in this.
那叫胸部 乔妮·梅 有点修养吧
They are called breasts, Johnnie Mae. Have some class.
你那小小的两点叫胸部
Them little things you got is called breasts.
这是玛莎 这是玛丽
This is Martha, this is Mary.
我这对是奶♥子♥
These are titties.
它们挤不进这身军装
And they ain't going in this uniform.
真挺简陋的
Well, this ain't much.
你以为要去哪儿?华尔道夫酒店?
Ah. Where'd you think you were going? The Waldorf?
这丫头可别烦我了
She gonna leave me alone.
立正!
Attention!
以后你们会经常听到这个命令
You will hear that a lot.
听到之后
When you do,
在铺位前列队
line up in front of a bunk,
目视前方
looking straight ahead.
赶紧的!动起来!
Do it now! Let's go!
立正!
Attention!
士兵们
Soldiers,
我是查丽蒂·亚当斯上尉
I am Captain Charity Adams,
我将担任你们的指挥官
and I will be your commanding officer.
也就是说 我让你们“去做” 你们就要听命
What that means is when I say "do it," you get it done.
军队有军队的纪律 必须遵守
There are rules for the Army, and they must be abided.
而且纪律严明
And they are strict.
我希望你们严格遵守
I expect you to follow them to the letter.
无例外 零容忍♥
No exceptions. None will be tolerated.
我们早上六点半开始训练 起床号♥一响 你们必须到位
We start training at 0630. You have to be here at reveille.
准时就是迟到 所以必须提前
If you are on time, you are late, so you must be early.
你们每人都有一个储物柜和一个箱子
Each of you has a locker and a trunk.
你们的所有东西 都必须放进这两个收纳容器里
Everything you own must fit inside those two items.
不准化浓妆
You will not wear complicated makeup.
必须刮腿毛
You have to shave your legs.
必须使用除臭剂 每天至少洗澡一次
You must use deodorant, and you must shower at least once a day.
如果不知道如何使用卫生棉条 我们会教你
And if you do not know how to use a tampon, we will teach you.
必须站直
You have to stand up straight.
姿势很重要
Posture is important.
走路要昂首
We walk with our head up,
腰背挺直 屁♥股♥夹紧
our back straight, and our butt in.
我们就是要这样走路
That is how we walk.
军装必须合体
Your uniform must be perfect.
坎贝尔中尉会教你们如何使军装合体
Lieutenant Campbell will teach you how to make them perfect.
这些军装是为白人女性的 瘦弱身材而设计的
These uniforms were designed for the pencil figure of a white woman,
而不是为黑人曲线而设计的
not the curves of a Negro.
但我相信 我们当中肯定有不少人
But I am sure that more than a few of us
懂得如何使用针线
know how to make use of a needle and thread,
所以我们要把军装改得合体
and so we will make them perfect.
必须合体
They must be perfect.
没有例外
No exceptions.
你们不仅是士兵
You are not only in the Army,
你们是女性 你们还是黑人
you are women, and you are Negroes.
因为你们是黑人女性
Because you are Negroes and women,
所以你们无法奢求 只跟白人士兵一样优秀
you do not have the luxury to be as good as the white soldiers.
而是有责任超越他们
You have the burden to be better.
要记住 你们不仅代表美国
You are not only representing America,
你们还代表美国黑人
you are representing the Negroes of America.
欢迎加入美国陆军妇女兵团
Welcome to the Women's Army Corps.
罗斯福夫人 - 你好 乔治
Mrs. Roosevelt. - Hello, George.
我丈夫呢?
Where's my husband?
他在总统办公室开会 夫人
He's in the Oval, in a meeting, ma'am.
好吧
Very well.
乔治 门口那个女人是谁?
George, who's that woman by the gates?
不太清楚 夫人 她已经在那里待了两天了
I'm not sure, ma'am. She's been there for two days now.
真的吗?
Really?
她想干什么?
What does she want?
不太清楚 需要我去问问吗 夫人?
I'm not sure. Would you like me to find out, ma'am?
好的 乔治 谢谢
Yes, George. Thank you.
精神点 女士们!
Look alive, ladies!
周围随时都有摄影师
There are photographers around at all times,
给你拍照
taking photos of you,
观察你 报道你
watching you, reportin' on you.
很多人不希望我们成功
A lot of people do not want us to succeed.
很多人不希望我们在这里
A lot of people do not want us here.
二等兵 你的帽子太高了
Private, your hat is too high.
与这里的其他人不同
Unlike some other folks here,
我们是最需要证明自己的
we have the most to prove.
现在就是证明自己的时候了
Now... now is where you show the proof.
我不会容忍♥你们之间的斗嘴和争吵
I will not tolerate fighting and bickering among you.
我不会容忍♥任何不敬行为
I will not tolerate disrespect.
我不会欺骗你们
I will not lie to you,
你们也不可以欺骗我 否则就要承担极其严重的后果
and you will not lie to me without extreme consequences.
把手臂举起来 二等兵!
Get your arms up, Private!
如果你们觉得 我对你们太过苛刻 那就对了
Now, if you are thinking that I am being hard on you, you are correct.
但那是因为我在尽力教导
But that is because I am giving you my best,
而你们也要尽最大努力
and you will give me yours.
我认为这不是你的最佳表现 二等兵
I don't think that's your best, Private.
动起来
电影精选列表