输了
If you lose, well,
也许是不够努力
perhaps you didn't fight hard enough.
大家不喜欢使用一些字眼
People don't like using words like
像是“末期”或“无药可救”
"terminal" or "incurable."
所谓的失败主义言论
They call that defeatist talk.
有些最糟糕的观念来自癌症互助团体
Some of the worst stuff comes from the cancer support community.
他们有些人认为癌症是礼物
Some of them think of your cancer as a gift,
是精神成长的机会
an opportunity for spiritual growth.
胡扯
Bullshit!
大家应该见识我的奋战方式
People should see this is my way of fighting.
我先战胜自己 癌症就战胜不了我
Cancer can't get me if I get me first.
等待有何意义
And what's the point in waiting...
我都准备好要走了
when I'm so ready to go?
你完全确定准备好了
Are you completely sure you're ready?
百分之百
Totally.
从首次诊断开始
Since the first diagnosis.
你明知我非常害怕死亡
You know I have a terrible fear of death.
我知道
I know.
我读过你的书
I've read your book.
所以我才没先问你
That's why I didn't ask you first.
但你能理解我吧 - 我当然能理解
But you understand me, don't you? - I do, I do. I envy you.
我很羡慕你能掌控自己的人生
You're in control of your life.
我只需要你陪我度过余日
I only need you to accompany me the days leading to it,
就好像我们在度假
as if we were on vacation.
我只想确定事情发生时
I just wanna know that, when it happens,
隔壁的房♥间会有人
there'll be someone in the next room.
我吓坏了 玛莎
It terrifies me, Martha.
我了解
I understand.
你大有权利这样做 我很佩服你
I think that you have every right to do this and I admire you for it,
但我不确定能成为发现你死掉的人
but I don't know that I can be the one to find you dead.
我没那么坚强
I'm not that strong.
你比自己想象的坚强多了
You're much stronger than you think you are.
我总得问问你
Anyway, I had to try.
我无法马上回答你 但我保证会考虑
I can't answer you now, Martha, but I promise you I'll think about it.
现在我太混乱了 也太害怕了
Right now I'm too confused and too terrified.
我了解
I understand.
我了解这很突然
I understand it's sudden...
又令人不安
and it's disconcerting.
我会想到别人的
I'll think of someone.
我不会太过分吗
I wasn't too much?
不会
No, no.
玛莎
Martha?
喂 英格丽
Hello, Ingrid.
我已经决定了
I've made up my mind.
请进
Come on in.
屋主是珠宝设计师
The owner is a jewelry designer.
她是我朋友 所以租金不高
She's a friend of mine, so I don't pay much rent.
家俱看起来都像废物回收
You get the impression it's been furnished with stuff from the garbage.
又不是所有家俱
Not everything.
懂得回收也需要天分
And it takes talent to pick stuff out of the garbage.
你还没有安顿好
You haven't finished moving in.
要帮忙吗
Do you want a hand?
不用
No.
我之后再整理
I'll do it after.
即使如此 你还是要跟玛莎去
And even so, you're going with Martha.
她孤伶伶的 达米安
She is totally alone, Damian.
她的朋友都帮不了她
None of her friends are helping her with this.
她甚至说我不是她的首选
She even told me I wasn't her first choice.
好像她女儿根本不存在
It's like her daughter doesn't even exist.
我跟她在一起的几年 她从没说有个女儿
In the years I was with her, she never told me she had a daughter.
别放心上
I know, it's a...
那是个悲伤故事
It's a sad story.
是个糟糕透顶的误会
It's a terrible, terrible misunderstanding.
你有跟她说过我们保持联♥系♥吗
Have you told her that we're in touch?
没有
No.
我们有聊到你 但只是带过
Um, we talked about you in a... in a general way.
她对你留下美好回忆 - 真的
She has nice memories of you. - Oh. Really?
我们的关系主要是肉体上
Our relationship was mostly physical.
她总是要赶去别的地方
She was always about to go off somewhere else,
所以我们做♥爱♥有一种急迫感
that's why our lovemaking had that sense of urgency.
就像跟恐♥怖♥分♥子♥上♥床♥
It was like having sex with a terrorist...
总是感觉像是最后一次
it always felt like the last time.
她对你作为情人的评价很高喔
Well, she rates you pretty highly as a lover.
我倒想知道你对我的评价
I'd like to know what rating you give me.
你竟然还会跟我调情
Oh, I can't believe you're still flirting with me.
我是认真在问 - 你别闹了
I'm serious. - No, no, you're not serious.
重点是玛莎的情况
What's serious is Martha's situation.
还有你害怕死亡
And your being terrified of death?
你刚出了一本书
You just published a book about that.
那本书有让你克服死亡吗
Have you overcome that, thanks to the book?
没有
No.
嗨 你还好吗
Hi. How are you?
好多了
Better.
自从你答应就好多了
Much better since you said yes.
你在哪 在家吗 - 对
Where are you? Are you at home? - Yeah.
我在给植物浇水
I'm watering the plants.
我以为你有请人帮你浇水
Oh, I thought you had someone who did that for you.
我有啊
I do.
但今天我想自己来 我很享受
But today I felt like doing it and I am enjoying it.
太好了
Okay. Good.
你决定好去哪了吗
Um, have you... Have you decided where we're going?
所以我才打给你
That's why I called.
在胡士托附近 离市区2小时
It's, uh, near Woodstock,it's about two hours from the city.
看起来很棒
It looks fantastic.
有点贵 但这种场合值得
Uh, it's a bit expensive, but, hey, the occasion calls for it.
那你要租多久
So, do you know how long...
我租了1个月
I've rented it for a month.
对我来说绰绰有余
That should give me more than enough time.
1个月
A month?
对 我的血细胞计数过低
Yeah. My blood count's low
我要休息一下 才能开始新疗程
and I have to take a break before I start the new treatment,
但只有你知道我不会回医院
and you're the only one who knows I'm not going back to the hospital.
日子由不得我选
It's not like I've picked a date.
我是说
I mean,
反正世事难料
you'll never know it anyway.
但我准备好了
But... I'm ready to go.
我甚至会说我等不及了
I would even say I'm impatient.
我2周后要去胡士托附近的巴德演讲
I'm gonna be giving a lecture near Woodstock at Bard in two weeks,
我们能见面
so we can see each other.
这不是好主意 我会一直跟玛莎在一起
Mmm, I don't think that's a good idea, I'll be with Martha all the time.
我看情况打给你
I'll call you if I can.
你会需要律师
You're going to need a lawyer.
对 我应该找个律师
Yes, I should look for one.
我帮你 但我要说出实情
Let me help you with that, but I'll have to fill them in.
不行 那样就不行
No, no, in that case, no.
这是绝对的秘密
This is an absolute secret.
玛莎连我跟你说都不知道
Martha doesn't even know I've told you.
好 但你需要什么就告诉我
Okay. But if you need anything, you should let me know.
我很担心你
I worry about you.
谢谢
Thank you.
根据地图
According to this map,
我们要上楼进去屋子
we go up these stairs to enter the house.
好
Okay.
你看看
Look at this.
好漂亮
Wow, it's so beautiful.
比照片里的漂亮多了
It's so much more beautiful than in the photographs.
那是霍普的真迹吗
Is that a real Hopper?
真迹不会留在这里吧
I don't think they would have left it here.
是很棒的复♥制♥画
It's a very good copy.
看起来像真的
It looks real.
电影精选列表