I fantasize frequently about her being swapped at birth.
什么
What?
胡说 她看起来就像你
What are you talking about? She looks just like you.
她长得跟你一模一样
She has your face.
她不喜欢我这个母亲
I never interested her as a mother.
为什么
Why not?
我青少年时就生下她
I was a teenager when I had her.
有个婴儿让我不知所措
I didn't know what to do with a baby.
我们开始在《纸》杂♥志♥工作时 记得吗
And when we started working at Paper Magazine, you remember?
我们几乎是过夜生活
We practically lived at night.
记得80年代的纽约吗
You remember New York in the '80s?
记得
Yeah.
夜生活才精彩
Anything important happened at night.
然后我去当战地记者
And then I went to work as a war correspondent,
经常旅行
traveling constantly.
亲子关系每下愈况
And that didn't help.
我的工作占据了所有时间
My work just completely took over.
我从来就不是称职的母亲
I was never what a mother is supposed to be.
但蜜雪儿在我离家前就开始讨厌我
But Michelle started to hate me long before I was away so much.
我记得她小时候就感到她的怨恨
I remember feeling her resentment even when she was a little girl.
她毫不掩饰
She made herself very clear.
她无法忍♥受没有父亲
She couldn't bear... not having a father.
她看到其他女孩有爸爸陪
She saw other girls with their fathers
她想知道她爸的事
and she wanted to know about hers.
起初我跟她说我不知道是谁
At first, I told her I didn't know who he was, but...
但适得其反
...it kind of made things worse.
我骗了她
I was lying to her.
我当然知道她爸是谁
Of course I knew who her father was.
他叫做佛瑞德
His name was Fred.
他被征召前我们交往几个月
We dated for a few months before he was drafted.
然后他上战场
And then went away to fight,
直到越战结束
towards the end of Vietnam.
1年后他回来时 他...
When he came back, a year later, he was...
变了一个人
somebody different.
佛瑞德 怎么回事
Fred! What happened?
他变得破碎不全
He was a broken toy.
没事 没关系
Hey. Hey, it's okay.
有我在 都结束了 你回家了
I'm here. It's all over now, Fred. You're back home.
但对我来说还没结束
But it's not over for me.
我脑海里还有战争
I still got the war inside my head.
挥之不去
I can't get free of it.
我每天都会产生幻觉
I hallucinate every single day.
我只能靠嗑药度日
And I was high practically all the time.
我不知道这辈子有何打算
I don't know what I'm doing with my life,
但我不会留下来
but I'm not staying here.
没关系
It's all right.
想做什么就去吧
Feel free to do what you like.
想清楚怎样对你最好
Think about what's best for you.
好
Okay.
谢谢
Thanks.
我能吻你吗
Can I kiss you?
蜜雪儿知道吗
Does Michelle know this?
她一学会说话就开始问她爸的事
She started asking about her father as soon as she could talk.
但这种事很难跟小孩解释吧
But it's not something you can explain to a child, right?
她到了青春期 我们已经形同陌路
By puberty, she carved out quite an abyss between us.
她青少年就这样度过了
It came to define her adolescence.
那时我已经不在了
But, by then, I was no longer there.
我在纽约 跟你一起享受人生
I was in New York, with you, living my life.
有天晚上我约了佛瑞德 告诉他情况
I arranged to meet Fred one evening to tell him about the situation.
我上了急救课
So, I took a first aid course
因为我是退伍军人
and, because I'm a war veteran, they've hired me at a hospital,
圣地牙哥的医院雇用我
down in San Diego.
这是好消息吧
It's good news, right?
我也有消息要告诉你
I have some news for you too.
我怀孕了
I'm pregnant.
你怀孕了 - 对
You're pregnant? - Yes.
但我打算下周搬去圣地牙哥
But I was planning on moving to San Diego next week.
那我们该怎么办
Then what are we gonna do?
不管怎样 我爸妈都会支持我
Whatever I do, my parents will support me, so...
我不会独自面对
I'm not alone.
有创伤的人不应该去医院工作
I don't think working in a hospital was the best thing for such a damaged person.
那是最接近战争的场所
It's the closest thing to war.
他需要治疗和复健
He needed therapy and rehab.
对 那样才合理
Yeah, that would have been more sensible,
但他想要做出贡献
but he wanted to be useful,
来安抚他的良心
to ease his conscience.
他相信帮助面临生死关头的人
He believed that helping people between life and death...
最有机会让他重拾平静
was his best chance of getting back any peace.
我不忍♥心要求他负责
I could only free him of any responsibility.
他在蜜雪儿出生前就离开了
He left before Michelle was born.
他从没见过她
He never knew her.
他一次都没打来问她好不好
He didn't call once to ask about her.
你哪时告诉她的
When did you tell her?
她12岁时
She was about 12.
她想知道他住在哪
She wanted to know where he was living...
我早就跟他失联了
and I didn't know anymore.
她非常坚持
She was so insistent...
我找到他的高中老友
that I tracked down an old friend of his from high school,
他说佛瑞德结婚了
who told me that Fred had gotten married
但前阵子过世了
and had recently died.
我要了他太太的电♥话♥
I asked him for his wife's number...
然后我打给她
and then I called her.
我想知道发生什么事
I wanted to know what had happened.
她说那时他们旅行后要回家
She told me they were coming home after a trip.
那是烟吗
Is that smoke?
对
Yes.
失火了
Something's on fire.
房♥子着火了
There's a house on fire.
我们应该打给消防队
We should call the fire department.
停车
Stop the car.
佛瑞德
Fred...
你要干嘛
What are you doing?
我去看看 - 别去
I'm gonna take a look. - No!
太离谱了 佛瑞德
That's crazy! Fred!
里面可能有人 - 佛瑞德 别冲动
There might be someone inside. - Fred, stop! Stop!
别进去 很危险 看着我 有我在
Don't go in. It's dangerous! Look at me, I'm here.
我们找个加油站 打给消防队吧
Let's find a gas station and call the fire department, please.
你没听到叫声吗
Don't you hear the screams?
没有 我什么都没听到
No, I don't hear anything.
佛瑞德 拜托 佛瑞德
Fred, please! Fred! Fred!
佛瑞德 别进去
Fred, don't go in there!
你没听到叫声吗
Don't you hear the screams?
里面有人在求救
There's someone inside crying for help!
佛瑞德
Fred!
先生
Sir! Sir!
拜托帮我
Please, help me!
先生 拜托 - 快去
Sir! Sir, please! - Let's go!
拜托 我老公在里面 - 梯子升起
Please, my husband's inside! - Ladder up!
我老公在里面
Sir! My husband's inside! My husband's inside!
他以为听到求救声 - 后面用两条水管
He thought he heard voices crying for help. - Put two lines on the back side, guys!
他跑进屋里
He went into the house
想救出困在火海的人
trying to save whoever was trapped by the fire.
好 回去车上 别过去
Okay, get back in your car. Do not go over there.
我会留在这里 - 请冷静 女士 还有别人吗
I will stay here. Okay. - Please, ma'am. Is there someone else?
我不知道 - 梯子升起 伙伴 梯子
No, I don't know! - Ladder up, guys! Ladder!
里面有平民 请回去车上 女士
There's a civilian inside! Get back in your car, ma'am, please.
好 进去
All right, get in there!
从上面窗户进去
Get in that top window.
小心 要爆♥炸♥了
There you go. It's gonna blow out.
行了
Good boys.
很遗憾 我们尽全力了
电影精选列表