I'm sorry, there was nothing we could do.
他没上去二楼
He didn't get to the second floor.
他一定是因为烟雾和火焰昏了过去
He must have passed out from the smoke and the flames.
其他尸体呢
And the other bodies?
没有别人了
There was nobody else.
这房♥子废弃已久
This house has been abandoned for a long time.
里面只有你丈夫
There was only your husband.
可是他...
But he...
他说听到求救声
he told me he heard screams for help...
不可能 女士
Impossible, ma'am.
没有别人了
There was no one else.
没错
It's true.
我也没听到叫声
I didn't hear the screams either.
我想阻止他进去
I tried to stop him from going in, but...
但阻止不了
I didn't.
他很勇敢
He was very brave.
你都告诉蜜雪儿了吗
Did you tell Michelle all of this?
我被她逼问每个细节
I had to give her every detail.
我连她爸妻子的电♥话♥都给了
I even gave her her father's wife's phone number.
这样吧
You know what?
我扶你回床上 你累了
Let's get you back to bed. You're tired.
对 但我还没说完
Yeah, but I have to tell you this.
我们之后再聊吧
We can... We can talk more later.
有一天
So, one day...
我接到佛瑞德妻子的电♥话♥ - 好
I got a call from Fred's wife. - Okay.
她跟我要了地址
And she told me that she wanted an address.
她要寄东西给我
She wanted to send me something.
过了不久
And, shortly after,
我收到邮件 里面有一封信
I received a note in the mail and a letter...
是蜜雪儿寄给她的
that the wife received from Michelle,
介绍她自己
introducing herself
还说就是她...
and saying that it was her,
佛瑞德的女儿
Fred's daughter,
在那间着火的屋子里
who had been in the burning house.
“他想救的是我
"It was me he tried to save."
他是为我而死”
"It was me for whom he died..."
蜜雪儿对他妻子这样说
that's what Michelle said to the wife.
太夸张了
That's insane!
是啊
Yes.
嗨
Hi!
我是玛莎 麻烦鬼
It's Martha, the nuisance.
你才不是麻烦鬼
You're not a nuisance.
感觉怎样
How're you feeling?
很好 我在家
Fine. I'm at home.
医院让我在治疗空档休息几天 我就回家
The hospital's given me a few days off between treatments, so I'm at home.
我希望你能过来
I'd love for you to come over.
我正在搬家
Ooh, you've caught me in the middle of moving.
那你很忙吧
Oh, then you're really busy, right?
搬家就是一堆事嘛
Um, well, you know what moving's like.
但如果你觉得寂寞 我能过去
But, um, if you're feeling lonely, I could stop by,
我们能去公园散步
we could take a walk in the park.
我可能不太适合散步
I might not be quite up for a walk.
这样好了
Um, okay, you know what? Let me, um...
我完成手边事会马上过去
Let me finish what I'm doing and I'll be right over.
谢了 亲爱的 但别太勉强
Thanks, sweetheart, but don't feel obliged.
送你 - 你真贴心
These are for you. - You are a darling.
我还带了几本书给你 - 谢谢
And I've brought you a couple of books. - Thank you.
想喝点什么吗
You want something to drink?
喝茶好了
Oh. I'd love some tea.
花草茶就行 - 好
Herbal tea if you have it. - Sure.
我把花放进花瓶 - 好
I'll put these in a vase. - Okay.
这些都是给你的
And all of this is for you.
你要负责吃完
You have to finish all of it.
好丰盛 我会尽力
Wow! Well, I will do my best.
我喜欢水果
I love fruit.
你在忙什么新计划吗
Are you working on something new?
被你猜中了
Um, yeah, actually I am.
我在研究画家朵拉卡灵顿
I'm doing research on the painter Dora Carrington and her, um...
还有她跟作家利顿史崔奇的紧密情谊
...intense relationship with the writer Lytton Strachey.
就是他
Here he is.
史崔奇是同性恋
Uh, Strachey was gay,
她嫁给他迷恋的直男
so she married the straight man that he was infatuated with.
这会是三角关系的故事
It's gonna be the story of the trio.
并不创新 但我想发展看看
It isn't groundbreaking, but I want to see where it takes me.
这里 你看
Here, um, look.
她时运不济 还有一位更出名的画家
Um, unfortunately for her, there was another more famous painter...
李奥诺拉卡灵顿 - 对 超现实主义画家
Leonora Carrington. Yeah. - Yes, the surrealist Leonora Carrington,
她的名字显然跟她很像
whose name was obviously very similar to hers.
朵拉
Dora...
她跟史崔奇的离奇爱情故事广为人知
was better known for this bizarre love story with Strachey.
她为他付出17年人生
She devoted 17 years of her life to him.
不得了
Wow.
这会是虚构的传记
It'll be a fictionalized biography, so...
我也会杜撰一些情节
I'll make some stuff up, too.
我从来不许自己杜撰故事
I've never been able to allow myself that.
希望没有
Well, I hope not.
你是战地记者
You're a war reporter.
对 非得如此
Yeah, you have to...
不能流露感情
You know, you can't show your emotions.
要抑制情绪才能尽好本分
You have to block them out so you can do your job
就算身在人间地狱也要活在当下
and stay in the present in the middle of whatever hell.
也许我应该写你 而不是卡灵顿
Maybe I should write about you and not Carrington.
你才不会想写疾病和治疗
I don't think you'd enjoy writing about illnesses and treatments.
你错啰
You're wrong.
我只是个记者
I'm just a journalist,
对战争和刺♥激♥上了瘾
addicted to wars and adrenaline.
你觉得这没什么
You think that's nothing?
有好有坏
It wasn't all tragedy.
日子总得过
You know, life went on.
有一篇报导 我添加了一点想象
There was one report when I added a bit of fiction.
真的
Really?
其实我没有刊登
Actually, I never published it.
那是在伊♥拉♥克♥战争期间
It was during the war in Iraq.
在离开巴格达的前一天
On the last day, before we left Baghdad.
你确定没走错路
Are you sure this is the right way?
对 就在这条巷子左转
Yeah, just make a left here in this alley.
我们长话短说
Let's make this brief.
(外国媒体)
这里 停车
Here. Stop here.
马丁 你怎么来巴格达了
Martin, what are you doing here in Baghdad?
你气色很好 真的 - 谢谢
You look great. You really do. - Thank you.
抱歉 帕可 马丁
Yeah, I'm sorry. Paco, Martin.
他跟我一样是圣衣会士
He's a Carmelite, like me.
幸会 介绍你们认识玛莎
Pleasure. Let me introduce you to Martha.
她是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的优秀记者
She is a brilliant journalist from The New York Times.
他们就是我提过的圣衣会士
They are the Carmelites I was telling you about.
很高兴认识两位
It's a pleasure to meet you both.
你们打算留在巴格达
Are you intending to stay in Baghdad?
对 我们就在这里
Yes, here we are.
但你们孤立无援
But you're alone.
所有非政♥府♥组织和红十字会 都已经离开
All the NGOs and the Red Cross have left already.
我知道
I know.
情况失控了 非常危险
The situation is out of control. It's very dangerous.
你们也在这里
You're here as well.
对 但我们只是经过
Yeah, but we're just passing through.
我们访问完你们就会走
We're leaving as soon as we finish talking to you.
我们不能让人♥民♥失望 他们正需要我们
We can't let them down now, this is when the people need us most.
没错 但还是极度危险
That's true, but it's still extremely dangerous.
你们心里有数
But then you know that.
我们不能让人♥民♥失望 女士
We can't let them down now, se?ora.
能不能拍你们和传教的庇护所
Do you mind if we take a photo of you and how the mission has been left?
电影精选列表