You have accompanied me as much as any human being can accompany another.
打电♥话♥给我女儿 转达我的歉意
Call my daughter and tell her I'm sorry.
谢谢你 亲爱的”
And thank you, love.
玛莎
Martha.
我会依照你的心意
I'll do whatever you want.
我们吃了晚餐 看了巴斯特基顿的电影
We had dinner and then we watched a Buster Keaton movie.
我已经告诉你了
I told you this already.
你没有注意到任何让你起疑的异样
And you didn't notice anything strange, anything that made you suspect...
尽量回想 - 我记得很清楚 那一晚很开心
Try to remember. - I remember it perfectly, it was a fun night.
毫无表示 她没说什么
There were no gestures? Nothing she said?
我们道晚安 然后我上楼
We said goodnight and then I went upstairs
我看书到很晚
and I stayed up late reading a book
玛莎推荐的书 书名是《情♥色♥浪人》
that Martha had recommended called Erotic Vagrancy.
是关于伊莉莎白泰勒和李察波顿
It's about Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.
你知道那本书吗 - 不知道
Do you know it? - No.
玛莎和我都觉得那本书很有趣
Martha and I both thought that it was really fun.
专心回答 避免离题
Try to answer only the questions I ask you.
隔天早上你做了什么
What'd you do the following morning?
我跟一个朋友吃午餐
I had lunch with a friend.
我回来时喊了她 她没有回答
And when I came back, I called out for her and when she didn't answer,
我就去她的卧室
I went to her bedroom.
但她不在
But she wasn't there.
于是我走进后院
So I went into the backyard
那时我看到她
and that's when I saw her.
起初我以为她在躺椅上睡觉
And, at first, I thought that she was asleep on the lounge chair
我很紧张 叫了救护车
and I got really nervous and I called the ambulance.
他们很快就到 急救人员看了她
And they got there very quickly and then the EMTs saw her
他们说爱莫能助
and then they said there was nothing that they could do.
没人会偶然买♥♥到这种药
Nobody buys this pill by accident
除非想要自杀或杀人
if they're not thinking of suicide or killing someone,
所以你毫不知情 - 知情什么
so, you didn't know anything about this? - About what?
她持有这种非法药物
About her being in possession of this illegal compound.
不知情 她服用药物止痛
No. She was taking medication for the pain,
贴布和药丸
you know, patches and pills, but she...
但她没有向我说明细节
she never shared the specifics with me.
这就怪了
It is strange that,
既然你们俩是好朋友 她却什么都没说
if you two were such good friends, that she didn't say anything to you.
这种药不是随便走进药局就买♥♥得到
You can't just walk into a drugstore and buy this pill.
很难弄到
It's very difficult to come by.
她租♥房♥♥子时
I think when she rented the house,
她已经计划好了 对吧
she already knew what she was gonna do, right?
有可能 但她没跟我说
It's possible, but she didn't tell me anything.
她上次治疗完已经筋疲力尽
She was exhausted from the last treatment
她想休息一下 再回去进行下一轮化疗
and she wanted to take a break before going back for the next round of chemo.
她不是那种会放弃的人
She wasn't the type to throw in the towel.
她没有抱怨吗
She didn't complain?
她没有说任何话让你觉得...
She didn't say anything that made you sense...
不想活了
the end?
这对你来说是重大责任
It was a great responsibility for you.
她有时会抱怨
She complained sometimes.
她抱怨什么 她说什么
What did she complain about? What did she say?
她失去注意力
She'd lost the capacity for attention.
比如她读不了或写不了
She couldn't read or write, for example.
她的人生只剩苟活
Her life was reduced to surviving.
我觉得不可思议
You know, I find it very hard to believe
她没说让你怀疑她会寻短的话
that she didn't say anything that made you suspect the end.
明显可见她病得很重
It was more than evident that she was very sick,
但她想在回医院前去度假
but she wanted to take a vacation before going back to the hospital.
我早就告诉你了
I told you this already.
我们也跟玛莎的几位密友谈过
So, we also spoke to some of Martha's close friends.
她们都跟你的证词大致吻合
In general, they all coincide with your testimony.
但其中一位 史黛拉拜恩
But one of them, Stella Byrne,
跟我们说 玛莎完成化疗后
told us that, after Martha finished her chemotherapy,
她提议陪她去一间乡间房♥子
that she proposed that she accompany her to a house in the country
她打算在那里自杀
where she intended to commit suicide.
依她的说法是要求她
Asked her to, and I quote...
“在隔壁的房♥间”
"Be in the room next door."
她朋友拒绝了
And her friend refused.
我不在隔壁的房♥间 我在楼下的房♥间
I wasn't in the room next door, I was in the room downstairs.
我跟拜恩太太谈话 并通知她自杀一事时
When I spoke to Mrs. Byrne and informed her of the suicide,
她说她不惊讶
she told me she wasn't surprised.
玛莎的行为有另一个称法 安乐死
There's another word for what Martha did, it's called euthanasia.
随你怎么称呼
Well, call it what you want,
但对我来说 你朋友的作为是犯罪
but, for me, what your friend did is a crime
身为警♥察♥ 人类 信仰者
and, as a policeman, as a human being, as a man of faith,
我极力反对任何人犯罪
I'm radically opposed to anyone committing a crime.
当然还有任何协助或容忍♥犯罪的人
And, of course, anyone aiding and abetting in one.
达米安 请来警局
Damian, can you come down to the police station, please?
没完没了
This is endless.
你要怎么解释你朋友玛莎
How do you explain that your friend Martha
对拜恩太太这么坦诚
was so explicit with Mrs. Byrne
却完全没跟你说她的意图
and yet she didn't tell you anything about her intentions?
我会保持缄默
I'm not gonna say another word.
如果要逮捕我 请报上罪名
If I'm under arrest, then tell me the charges.
否则我会在走廊等我的律师
Otherwise, I'll wait in the hall for my lawyer.
你料事如神呢
Very foresighted of you.
你怎么会想到需要律师
What made you think you'd need a lawyer?
不妨问你朋友 他目睹了讯问过程
Why don't you ask your friend, he witnessed the interrogation.
我觉得你在说谎
I think you're lying.
你这种人不会拒绝朋友
And that you're the kind of person who wouldn't say no
尽管朋友请求你帮她自杀
if a friend asked you for help committing suicide.
让她走
Let her go.
嗨
Hey.
嗨 - 嗨
Hi. - Hi.
你好吗 - 我很好
How are you? - I'm okay.
这是我的律师 莎拉
This is my lawyer, Sarah.
幸会 - 谢谢过来
Hi. Pleasure. - Thank you for coming.
别客气 达米安都告诉我了
Of course. Damian's filled me in.
讯问有什么重点吗
Is there anything I should know about the interrogation?
他简直把我当成凶手
Well, he treated me like I was the killer.
但你和我在一起
But you were with me. - He doesn't care.
他不在乎 他坚持我有牵连
He insists that I'm implicated.
不过
Okay, but...
他跟玛莎的朋友史黛拉拜恩谈过
He spoke to a friend of Martha, Stella Byrne,
她说玛莎先找她 但她拒绝帮她
who said that Martha had approached her first and she refused to help her.
好 这些一定都有录音
Okay, well, I'm sure everything was recorded.
这位警官目睹了一切
Um, and this police officer witnessed everything.
你能进来了
You can come in now.
我进去就好 我是她的律师
I'll go in alone. I'm her attorney.
别担心 情况很明朗
Don't worry, this is all very clear.
谢谢过来 - 举手之劳
Thank you for coming. - My pleasure.
老天 真是混♥蛋♥
Jesus! What an asshole!
我从没遇过这种恶劣态度
I've never been treated like that before.
你很不凑巧遇到宗教狂
You were unlucky enough to come up against a religious fanatic,
但他不会再打扰你 我会投诉
but he's not gonna bother you again. I'm gonna file a complaint.
感谢你大力帮忙
Thank you so much for everything.
你在接下来48小时内仍要随传随到
You still need to be available for the next 48 hours
直到法医手续完成
until forensic formalities are done.
我请他们必要时打给我
Um, I told them to call me if necessary.
我会待在那间房♥子 你的资讯都齐了
I'll be at the house. Do you have all the information you need?
对 达米安都告诉我了
Yes, Damian gave it to me.
有事就打给我 好吗
Just give me a call if anything comes up, okay?
我要回办公室了
I'm gonna head back to the office.
请节哀 - 谢谢
I'm really sorry for your loss. - Thank you.
谢了 莎拉 - 再见
Thanks, Sarah. - Bye.
不敢相信史黛拉告诉他了
I can't believe Stella told him that.
他可能是逼她上钩
Well, he probably cornered her,
他们有玛莎的电脑和手♥机♥
and they have Martha's computer and her cell phone.
你知道她们谈过
Do you know if they talked?
不知道 她完全没有提到
No, I don't know, she didn't tell me anything.
你有何打算
电影精选列表