这位先生出4500,
我在想我们是否能够得到一个整数...
Four thousand and five hundred!Now, I wonder if we couldn't possibly get a wonderful round figure of…
5000英镑
Five thousand pounds.
5000英镑
Five thousand pounds.
5000英镑
Five thousand pounds.
亚当斯先生!亚当斯先生愿意出价5000英镑
Mr. Adams! Mr. Adams offers five thousand pounds.
等一下,还有没有人愿意出比5000更高的价?
Now is there any advance on five thousand pounds?
有吗?有没有?
Any advance? Any advance?
那这个花瓶就是亚当先生的了
Then going to Mr. Henry Adams for five thousand pounds.
一次,两次,成交!
Going. Going…Gone.
您的这种方式真是太妙了
Oh, it was so clever of you to do it that way.
刚才我还以为您不会再出价了呢!
For a moment I thought you weren't going to bit any more.
您的花瓶,亚当斯先生,您的花瓶
Your vase, Mr. Adams… Your vase.
他是连接我们两个伟大国家的又一条纽带
Another link between our two great countries.
干得好!美国人
Hear! Hear! Well done, America.
Oh...!
Oh...!
Oh...!
别来找我,别来找我
不能给,不能给,不能给
Leave me alone. Leave me alone. Can't pay. Can't pay. Oh, can't pay.
洛克……
Rock...
洛克……洛克……
Rock... Rock...
我不能这样下去了,洛克
I can't go on with this, Rock,
一天也不行了
not for another day.
我们欠的债越来越多
We're up to our ears in debt
而且每分钟都在增加
and we're getting deeper every minute.
我们这是在玩火
It's like walking on quick sand.
大使给我们的钱还剩多少?
How much of the Ambassador's money do we have left?
全没了?
It's all gone?
都捐了
The charities?
当百万富翁就要花钱
It costs money to be a millionaire.
我们必须赶快离开这儿
Well…Well, we've got to clear out of here somehow.
我们得赶快的躲起来直到这个月结束
We...we'll go into hiding until the end of the month.
我们需要换个地方,
不管到哪儿,我们得马上走,交给你办了
We have to go somewhere, I don't care where, just so we go. You fix it.
这下我就轻松了
Oh, that's a load off my mind.
从现在起化妆舞会结束了
From now on the masquerade is over.
洛克,你看,你听
Rock. Look. Listen.
你闻
Smell.
SINGING: As I walk along the Bois Boulogne with an independent air… You can hear the girl declare, he must be a millionaire.
洛克,我们不走了
Rock! We're not going.
在夜里事情总是显得很糟
Things always look bad at night.
可今早的太阳还是那么的灿烂
But this morning the sun is shining
小鸟依然歌♥唱,我们不能就这么走了
and the birds are singing. We can't throw in the cards
在游戏刚进行到一半的时候
when the game is only half-way through.
汉普郡公爵府,鲍西娅
Hampshire House. Portia.
今晚,洛克,我要把真♥相♥告诉她
Tonight, Rock, I'm going to tell her the truth.
我要让她明白
Tell her quite simply
就连身上的衬衫也不属于我的
that I don't even own the shirt on my back.
Oh no, John. No, John. No, John. Oh, no John. No, John. No, John. No.
Oh, Madam, I will give you jewels. I will make you rich and free. I will five you silken dresses.
我要单独见你
I've got to see you alone.
(SINGER: Madam, will you marry me?)
什么时候?
When?
现在, 我有很重要的事情要对你说
Now. I've something very important to tell you.
请伸直了,亚当斯先生
Keep it stiff, Mr. Adams.
晚上好,阁下
Good evening, Your Excellency.
唱得真好!
Charming!
夫人在音乐厅
Her Garce is in the music room.
美国大使和亚当斯先生的朋友来了
Oh, here comes the American Ambassador with a friend of Mr. Adams.
我的朋友?
A friend of mine?
是的,是叫伊斯特伯尼或者叫沃辛什么的
Yes. Someone called… Eastbourne or Worthing or something.
美国大使阁下和劳埃德黑斯廷斯先生
His Excellency the American Ambassador and Mr. Lloyd Hastings.
请您原谅好吗?
Will you excuse me, please?
华♥莱♥士♥,你来太好了,晚上好,夫人
Wallace, how good of you to come. Good evening, my dear.
大使先生,亚当斯先生
Ah, Mr. Ambassador. Mr. Adams.
这是劳埃德黑斯廷斯先生
This is Mr. Lloyd Hastings.
您好!夫人,非常感谢你邀请我来
How do you do? It's nice of you to ask me over, Duchess.
他迫不及待的要在次见到他的老朋友
He's very anxious to see his old friend again.
和老亨利一模一样
You're the same Henry.
能见到你真是太好了
You know it's wonderful seeing you.
我们是十年来第一次见面,
我过去和他父亲一起工作
The first time in ten years! I used to work with his father.
真是令人高兴啊
Charming.
一看到报纸上你那些照片
The minute I saw those pictures of you in the papers,
我就下决心一定要来找到你
I made up my mind to track you down.
我们得找个地方,你们可以好好聊聊
We must find a little corner so you can both have a long talk.
可是你得先去见见我的家人
But first of all, you must meet my family.
我们回头见
Well, we'll get together later, then.
回头见
Later.
我们就知道他会有出息的,小时候就看得出来
I always knew that boy would make good. He had it in him right from the time he was a nipper(boy).
这是我丈夫
This is my husband.
不,请不要起来,公爵
No, don't get up, Duke.
我想最好不要打搅你下棋
I wouldn't want to disturb your game of chess.
他就知道下棋
Chess isn't a game, it's a disease.
这是我父亲约翰兰斯丹尼,
他是一个首版书大收藏家
And this is my father, Sir John Landsdowne. He's a great collector of first editions.
您好!
How do you do?
快来见见我姐姐
And do come over and meet my sister.
她之前刚去过美国
She's just been to America.
在月光下你是那么的可爱
You look so lovely out here in the moonlight.
这让我更加难以启齿
和你说我原想告诉你的事
It makes it more difficult to tell you than I thought it was going to be.
在美丽的月光下一切语言都是多余的
Here in the moonlight it seems as though words are quite unnecessary.
是的,可是你知道,我...
Yes, but you see, I ...
我有件是得向你坦白
Well, I have a confession to make
我真的很不好意思
and it's rather embarrassing.
您不必为此担心,
But you mustn't worry about that.
这种事情通常是不好意思的
It's quite customary to be embarrassed.
你根本不知道我要说什么
You don't know what it is.
你听了以后可能不喜欢
When you hear it you might not like it.
我的回答会和你所希望的一样
My reply shall be all that you hope for.
我倒真的希望我可以期待这样的答案
I wish I could count on that.
你可以的
You can.
其实...我早就知道了
You see... I already know.
你知道?
You know?
我想一开始我就知道了
I suppose I 've known all the time really.
我也有件是要向您坦白
I have a confession to make, too.
我和您想的是一样的
I feel the same.
鲍西娅
Portia.
您...不会觉得我这个人太轻浮了吧?
You... You don't think I'm forward, do you?
等等有件事,我必须得告诉你
Now wait a minute. There are things I've got to tell you.
它现在更重要了
Now it's more important.
我也有许多重要的事情告诉你
And I have got lots of important things to tell you too,
可是我不想说,不想破坏这美丽的时刻
but don't let's spoil this moment with words.
不知什么原因,语言似乎不适合这样的场合
Somehow they seem quite inadequate.
鲍西娅,你去哪了?
Portia! Where are you?
亚当斯先生在哪?黑斯廷斯先生要找他
Where is Mr. Adams? Mr. Hastings wants to talk to him.
我说亨利你必须要帮助我
Now, Henry, you've got to help me.
现在就咱们俩
As we're alone
我就把实情告诉你吧
I can tell you the whole story.
我遇到麻烦了
I'm in trouble
而你能轻而一举的帮我摆脱困境
and you'll be able to get me out of it quite easily.
我在好望角金矿投了大笔的钱
I've made a large investment in a gold mine, the Good Hope Gold Mine.
你可能听说过这个地方
You may have heard of it.
无论从哪个方面说,那都是个好项目
It's sound proposition in every way,
可我需要更多的资金
but I need more capital,
这就是我来找你的原因
and that's where you come in.
现在能否得到你的支持
Support from you at this stage
关系到整个项目的成败
would make all the difference between failure and success…
亨利
Herny
可我很快就要支撑不下去了
and on contrast they should strike the reef in no time at all.
当然我知道我们多年没见过面
Of course, I know that we haven't met for several years,
可我是你家人的朋友
but I was a friend of the family,
不会让你吃亏的
and you know I wouldn't let you down.
到目前为止,我们没浪费过一分钱
Up to now we haven't wasted a dime,
但是现在我没有资金了
电影精选列表