Fellow's only got to talk with a Yankee accent
所以都认为他是个百万富翁
and everyone thinks he's a millionaire.
轻而一举的蒙混过关
They can get away with anything.
至于我的看法
If you want my opinion,
我根本就不相信他有那张面值100万英镑的支票
I don't believe he's got a million pound note.
我告诉你那家伙他是一个冒险家
I tell you, my dear, the man is an adventurer.
别问我是从那知道的
Don't ask me where I got it from.
这是一个跟他关系很密切的人告诉我的
It was told to me in strictest confidence by someone very close to him.
他跟本就没有那张面值100万英镑的支票
He never even had a million pound note.
我告诉你如果亨利·亚当斯是百万富翁
If Henry Adams is a millionare,
我就是阿♥拉♥伯的国王啦
then I'm the King of Arabia.
根本就没有那张百万英镑的支票
There's no such thing as a million pound note.
你的意思是,你......
You mean, you...
当然我们就知道这只是传闻
Of course,we know it's only a rumour,
只是我们的主编认为
你也许把那张支票兑换成现金了
but er...my editor wondered whether perhaps you'd cashed the note.
没有
Not yet.
如果肯让我看一下支票
Then if you'd be so good as to show it to me,
我们会在头版为您刊登的
we'll give you a front page denial.
没必要,我已经厌倦了向别人展示那张支票了
What for? I'm getting tired of showing this note to people.
您在这种时候拒绝,只会更加助长传闻
Well, your refusal at this moment would only feed the rumour.
传闻,传闻,传闻,和我是不是
百万富翁有什么关系呢?
Rumour,rumour,rumour. What difference does it make whether I'm a millionaire, or not?
没有吗?那就不勉强了,亚当斯先生
Or not? Just as you like,Mr.Adams.
总之传闻对您不利啊
Either way there's a story.
你报道过地震,沉船,还有劳埃德乔治
You've got earthquakes, shipwrecks and ...and Lloyd George,
我想你一定也会拿我大做文章的
and still you have to pick on me for a story.
好吧,我拿给你看
All right.All right. I will show it to you.
洛克
Rock.
你把那张支票放哪了?
Where did you put the note?
您想不想让我帮您叫警♥察♥?
Would you like me to ...fetch the police?
不,我不想让你帮我叫警♥察♥
No. I would not like you to fetch the police.
也许您需要我帮您跟银行联♥系♥一下
Well, perhaps you'd like me to contact the bank?
我想要你别管闲事啦,赶快离开这儿
what I would like you to do is to stop poking your nose around here and get out.
出去!
Out.
别动,亚当斯先生
Hold it quite still, Mr.Adams.
百万英镑之谜
"million pound mystery."
在听到有关亨利·亚当不再拥有
那张面值一百万英镑的传闻之后
"Following a rumour that Henry Adams no longer possesses the much-talked-of million pound note.."
什么?
What?
我们的记者昨天晚上,对他进行了专访什么
"...our reporter sought a special interview with him last night..."
当被请求出示那张支票时,他很不情愿
"...on being asked to produce the note, Henry Adams was reluctant and ,
在记者的一再坚持下
when pressed,
他最终也没有拿出来
unable to do so."
当有人建仪他找警♥察♥或者与银行方面联♥系♥时
When it was suggested that he might call the police or get in touch with the bank...
他断然拒绝采取这些轻而易举的补救方法
he was adamant in refusing to take either of these most obvious remedies."
为了英美两国的利益
"In the interests of Anglo-American relations
亚当斯先生应该对这一切做出解释
Mr.Adams should lose no opportunity of clearing up the mystery..."
众所周知
"...particularly as it is well known
伦敦社会各届曾为这个
声名狼藉的美国游客大开方便之门
that London Society has freely opened its doors to this notorious American visitor."
骗子,这谁能想到呢
An impostor! Who would have thought it!
这只能表明我们是多么轻信别人
It just shows how simple and trusting we are.
我早就说过你太容易被骗了
I've always said you are far too easily imposed upon.
查理斯
Charles,
从现在起我们不再欢迎亨利·亚当斯先生
from now on our doors are closed to Mr.Henry Adams.
好的,夫人
very good,Your Grace.
我想我也和你一样
And I should think so, too.
女人真是很难琢磨的动物啊!
What extraordinary creatures women are!
她告诉我,她不再和亨利·亚当斯来往
She told me she wasn't speaking to Henry Adams.
要想避免流言非语,她必须这么做
And if we're going to avoid a scandal, she mustn't.
我要去宝博斯饭店
I'm going straight to Bumbles.
不,亲爱的,你应该好好休息一段时间
No, my dear, you are going to have a good rest.
我要把你送到乡下去,呼吸一下新鲜空气
I will send you down to the country for a complete change of air.
这会对你有好处
It will make the whole difference.
不管你怎么说,我要去见亨利
Whatever you may do, Iam going to Henry.
如果你是个普通的女孩,倒也无所谓
If you were an ordinary girl it wouldn't matter,
可是,我们不是一般的人
but, alas, we are not an ordinary family.
我要去,姨妈,你阻止不了我
I am going, Aunt Grace, and you can't stop me.
很抱歉,鲍西娅,我只能这么做
I am sorry, Portia. It's the one thing I can do.
让我出去!
Let me out!
我并不想催您,亚当斯先生
I don't wish to press you, Mr. Adams,
可如果您能付一下房♥费的话,
我们可以把最近的账结了
but if you could see your way to settling the account it will enable us to bring our books up-to-date.
我原以为没必要这么着急的
I thought you said there was no hurry.
可是每周结一次账,是我们这儿的惯例
But it is customary to settle weekly at Bumbles.
当然,对于您
But naturally, in your case,
我们很高兴,把这一♥期♥限延长到三周
we were happy to let it run for three weeks.
我也不想催您
I wouldn't press you either,
可员工们一直要求长工资
but the appalling rise in the cost of labour
我也是没办法
makes it imperative.
先生,有两位绅士在客厅等着要见您
我现在不能见他们,我很忙
There are two gentlemen waiting in the sitting room to see you, sir. I can't see them now, I am busy.
如果你能把账结了的话,
我们就不会再打扰您了
If you'll kindly settle, Mr.Adams, we'll detain you no longer.
可你说过可以永远等下去
But you said that you'd wait eternally.
那只是个夸张说法
Oh....er...a figure of speech.
这我知道
I realise that,
可因为一时我找不到那张支票,
就马上让我付款
but to demand immediate payment just because I can't lay my hands...
....on the note,
这没道理
it's ...it's unreasonable.
130英镑是个大数目
A hundred and thirty pounds is a big sum.
我的是950英镑
Nine hundred and fifty.
又有三位绅士想见您,先生
There are three more gentlemen waiting to see you, sir.
不能见他们,我很忙
Oh no, I can't see them.Tell them I'm busy.
是,先生
Yes, sir.
我并不想拖欠房♥费
I'm not trying to dodge payment
是你,是你让我住在这儿的
but...you.... you put me in this suite unconditionally.
也许是的,亚当斯先生
你让我穿那些衣服的时候
Possibly, Mr.Adams. And you foisted those suits on me
曾经表示过无论什么时候付钱都可以
with the definite statement that you'd wait as long as I liked.
可您再不结账,我就无力经营下去啦
It's beyond my power to entend further credit.
我们也是迫不得已,
Countrary to our policy.
你必须把帐付清
你必须把帐付清
I demand a settlement.
I insist on a settlement.
对不起,先生,但... 告诉他们我很忙
Excuse me, sir, but...
I told you to tell them I was busy.
好的,先生
Very good, sir.
好了,先生们
Very well, gentlemen,
你会拿到钱的
you'll get your money.
我会把账结清的
I'll settle my accounts in full.
什么时候?
When?
今天下午,别以为我只有那张支票
This afternoon. You've made the great error of thinking that I depend on the note.
我有大量的投资在矿山--是金矿
It so happens that my real fortune is tied up in mining... gold mining.
洛克,我希望你尽快把那封信,
交到兰斯丹尼小姐手里
Rock, i want you to be sure Miss Landsdowne gets that letter without delay.
说真的,先生们
Well, good morning, gentlemen.
你们让我觉得很有趣儿
You're a fascinating species.
有机会你们一定要好好的,欣赏欣赏自己,
用显微镜
Sometime you must take a good look at yourselves...under a microscope.
先生们,你们今天下午你们会拿到所有的钱
You'll be paid this afternoon, gentlemen, in full.
不必担心
There's no cause for anxiety.
10先令卖♥♥出2000股
At the half, sell two thousand.
10先令卖♥♥出2000股
At the half, sell two thousand.
7.5先令卖♥♥出好望金矿
At three eighths, sell Good Hopes.
好望角金矿降到了5先令,
That's right. Good Hopes down to five shillings.
好望角金矿降到了5先令
Good Hopes at the quarter.
卖♥♥出
Sell.
卖♥♥出
Sell.
卖♥♥出
Sell.
噢,不
No!
噢,好的,我自己能找到的
Oh, that's all right. Captain, I'll find him myself.
噢,你在这儿
Oh, there you are.
谢天谢地,你可来了!
Praise the Lord, You've come!
找到支票没有?
Have you found the note?
黑斯廷斯,我想我把我那份卖♥♥掉
Those shares of mine, Hastings, I want to sell them.
电影精选列表