请这边走
This way, please.
赶快叫警♥察♥,威廉姆斯,赶快叫警♥察♥
Fetch the police, Williams. The police.
等等,等一下,我想不必叫警♥察♥
Now, now. Just a miniute. I don't think we need the police.
我到愿意和这位先生谈谈
I'd like to have a talk with this gentleman.
不能说话?
Can't talk?
这并不影响你喝酒的习惯对吧?
Well, that doesn't affect your drinking habits, does it?
太好了!
Good.
那就请他帮我们带一下路吧
Then Perhaps you'll be kind enough to lead the way for us.
好的,亚当斯先生
Certainly, Mr. Adams.
马上招待客人,请这边走,先生
Attend to the bodies instantly. This way, sir.
是喉炎吗?
Er...laryngitiis?
是个拳击手?
Oh, you're a boxer.
大力士?
Strong man?
演杂耍的
Well, vaudeville?
马戏团的?
Hm...the circus?
对于马戏团你知道些什么啊?
Well, what do you know about that?
我说洛克,你对现在我所碰到的一切怎么看啊?
So you see, Rock,
Whichever way you look at it I'm in this thing up to the neck.
我本来只是在四处找工作
All I was doing was walking around looking for a job
可现在竟然发生了这种事
and now look what's happened.
这可不是我想要的
I didn't ask for this.
不过既然已经这样
But now that I'm in it
我倒不妨好好的享受一下
I may as well enjoy it.
希望你也能和我分享这一切
And that's where you could come in.
你这些天忙吗?
Are you very busy these days?
太好了!
Well, that's great!
你这一个月里干嘛不和我在一起
Why don't you string along with me for the nxet four weeks?
你来帮我保护好这张支票
Help me to keep the bank note intact,
我会把钱付给你的,
and I'll settle with you
等我从那两个老顽童那儿找到工作后
as soon as I get the job from the two old boys.
你觉得怎么样?
What do you say?
就这么定了,我觉得那是一份不错的工作
That's the staff. It ought to be a pretty good job.
一年能挣500英镑
Worth five hundred pounds a year anyway.
Six?
你说的不错,洛克
You know, Rock...you've got the right idea.
在这段时间里我们不得不来享用这一切
In the meantime, we'll just have to put up with all this.
在这以后的一个月里
For the next month
我就是亨利·亚当,一个美国百万富翁
I'm Henry Adams. the American Millionaire.
你是不是把我打扮的太过分了?
Aren't you over-doing it bit?
不吗?
No?
好的,那我们走
Fine. Let's be on our way.
早上好,早上好,先生
Good morning. Good morning, sir.
早上好,先生
Good morning, sir.
早上好
Good morning.
早上好,早上好
Good morning. Good morning.
我们之所以设立大使♥馆♥就是为了帮助我们的公民
We set up our consulate entirely for the assistance of our people.
而您并没有给我为您效劳的机会
And you don't give us the opportunity of rendering service.
如果不是这些报纸还不知道您来了呢
But for these newspapers I wouldn't have know of your arrival.
您准备在这呆多久?
How long are you staying?
看情况而定吧,我也说不准
Well, that all depends er...indefinitely.
很好
Good.
这个季节来英国很合适
You're in time for the season.
您在这有熟人吗?亚当斯先生
Who do you know, Mr. Adams.
没有,除了住在贝尔格莱夫广场的
奥利弗和罗德里克
I don't know anyone except er...two brothers in Belgrave Square---
Oliver and Roderick something or other.
蒙帕利尔兄弟,最富有的绅士
Oh, the Montpeliers, most worthy gentlemen.
不,谢谢
Er...no, thanks.
还是请吧
Oh, I insist.
这是我在哈瓦那亲自挑选的
It's one of my personal Havana selections.
既然您来了我们得看看我为您做点什么?
Oh! Now that you're here we must see what we can do for you.
因为您初次来到这里,
作为大使我想我应该给您一些忠告
Though as Ambassador I think I should admonish you for not coming before.
其实并不完全是这样,阁下
Er...Well...er...that isn't strictly true, Your Excellency.
我过去来过一次
I...I was here once before.
那怎么没人通知我!?
Then why wasn't I told?
是这样
Well, it was...er...well
我当时花钱很不方便,其实现在也是一样
I...I was in er...difficulties over currency. As a matter of fact I still am.
你知道我的钱是一张...
You see this note of mine...
别说了,亚当斯先生
Say no more, Mr. Adams.
面值100英镑的纸币行吗?
Would a hundred pounds tide you over?
你真是太好了,可是我...
Oh now, that's awfully good of you, but I...I...
别客气
Nonsense!
马上给亨利·亚当先生准备一些
面值为百镑的纸币,要面值500英镑的
Bring in a hundred pounds immediately for Mr. Henry Adams. In five pound notes.
非常感谢,我...
Oh, thanks very much. I...
我们在这就是为了帮住我们的同胞
I've told you before, we're here to help our nationals.
现在我们来商量一些重要的事
Now to get down to more serious matters.
我要为你扩大一下交际圈
I must open a few doors for you.
尊敬的亨利·亚当斯先生到
Mr. Henry Adams.
您能来我真是太高兴了,亚当斯先生
How good of you to come, Mr. Adams.
这是我丈夫
This is my hunsband.
你好,先生
How do you do?
这只是个日常性的聚会
Now this is a very informal occasion.
我们真的希望你能玩的开心
I do hope you're going to enjoy youself.
(克劳金顿勋爵与夫人)
(Lord and Lady Crockington.)
如果我发现你被那些无聊的朋友给缠住了
And if i see you in difficulties with any of my more tiresome friends,
我会马上过来救你的
I shall fly over and rescue you at once.
哈林汉姆勋爵和夫人
Oh, Lord and Lady Hurlingham
亨利·亚当斯先生
Mr. Henry Adams.
你好!
How do you do!
哈林汉姆勋爵夫妇,珍尼小姐
Lord and Lady Hurlingham and Lady Jane.
您好! 您好!
How do you do! How do you do!
珍尼小姐喜欢赛马
Lady Jane is so fond of horses.
您对赛马感兴趣吗?亚当斯先生
Are you interested in horses, Mr. Adams?
是的,当然,实际上...
Oh, yes, indeed. As a matter of fact...
亚当斯先生,
请您见见沃尔德隆斯勋爵,格洛斯特郡分支的
Mr. Adams, I want you to meet the Waldrons, the Gloucestershire branch.
不打扰你们吧?
Not butting in, am I?
没关系
Not at all.
(威廉麦克来恩先生到)
(Sir William Maclean.)
真有魅力!
Charming.
如果你想真的了解英国的话
If you really wish to understand the British,
我建仪您到上仪院去看看
I suggest a visit to the House of Lords.
您愿不愿意陪我一起去
Would you care to come with me?
我当然,我实际上…
Well, yes indeed. As a matter of fact...
亚当斯先生,我想马上把你介绍给胡克欧尔先生
Mr. Adams, I am not anxious to intruduce you to Mr. Hooker Orr...
请你们原谅,来吧
Will you forgive me.
阿维尼翁女伯爵到
La Comtesse d'Avignon.
真有教养
Such breeding!
桃瑞丝很喜欢打草地网球
她一天到晚都在温布尔登俱乐部.
Doris likes to play lawn-tennis, Mr. Adams. We just can't keep her away from the Wimbledon Club.
在你们国家女士们也打草地网球吗?
Do the ladies play lawn-tennis in your country, Mr. Adams?
是的,事实上…
Oh yes, indeed. As a matter of fact...
亚当斯先生,
我想让您认识一下威廉柯林奇先生
And now, Mr. Adams, I want you to make the accquaintance of Sir William Gorringe.
他是宗谱学方面的专家,
可能会帮你弄清楚你的祖先
He's an expert on genealogy. Might dig you up some ancestors.
对不起啊
Excuse me.
真有个性
A man of character.
很聪明
Intelligent.
我们应该请他来吃午饭
We must ask him to come to lunch.
有不少美国人发现他们自己是贵族的后裔
There have been several cases of Americans who have discovered a peerage in their family.
你看我说什么来着?
There you are, what did I tell you?
在西方国家里像您这样的名字很多
With a name like yours, the West country might prove fruitful.
毕竟亚当斯是个古老的姓氏
After all Adams is quite an old name.
是的,实际上…
Yes, indeed. As a matter of fact...
你们两位绅士这是在谈什么呢?
Now what are you two men talking about?
我得把您带走去喝茶了
I'm going to take you away and give you some tea.
真是不好意思,怠慢了您
I've neglected you quite disgracfully.
如果这还算怠慢了的话,公爵夫人
If this is neglect, Duchess,
那么你真的好好照顾一个人会是什么样子?
what is it like when you really take care of a fellow?
有时间一定到我家来吃晚饭
You must come to one of my little dinners.
叔叔
Uncle.
什么事情?亲爱的
What is it, my dear?
电影精选列表