卡米克尔大夫和夫人到
Doctor and Mrs. Carmichael.
亨利·亚当斯先生,我想见他
Mr. Henry Adams. I'd like to meet him.
那你就直接找他去吧
Well, go ahead into the scrimmage.
我是说在阳台
I mean on the balcony.
单独见他
Alone
你也看上他了?
Have you succumbed too?
如果他对姨妈的募捐感兴趣,也许对我们有用的
I merely thought it might be useful to get him interested in Aunt Grace's charity.
我们正需要个百万富翁做后盾
A millionaire behind us is just what we need.
如果你真这么想,亲爱的,
Well, if that's your intention, my dear,
我不反对
I'm with you.
我尽力而为吧
I'll do my best.
瞧啊,看赛马,打板球,骑自行车
Ascot. Lords. Riding. bicycling.
亚当斯先生,他会吃不消的
Poor Mr. Adams is going to be quite overworked.
亲爱的,杰帕尼克夫人想和你谈一谈
My dear, Japonic wants a word with you,
她遇到了很大的麻烦
she is in a state of acute distress.
她儿子参加了可怕的自♥由♥党
Her son's joined up with those dreadful Liberals.
哦太鲁莽了,你们看当个女主人可真不容易
Oh, how foolhardly. You see what it is to be a hostess.
恐怕是这唯一没有自♥由♥的人
She's the only one who isn't allowed to pick her company.
恐怕我得让亚当先生离开诸位一会
Now I fear I must drag Mr. Adams away from you.
我有个亲戚非要见一下他,
否则我会被搅的寝食不安的
I hve a relation who will make my life quite intolerable unless she meets him.
快走吧,亚当先生
This way, Mr. Adams.
布拉夫将军到
General...Bluff.
她去哪里了?刚才还在窗户这
Now where can she be? I left her beside this window.
没关系,刚才我已经见到很多可爱的女士了
Oh nver mind, sir. I've met so many delightful people.
不,不,我没有胡扯,亚当斯先生
No. No. There's no getting out of it, Mr. Adams.
我侄女一定要见见您
My niece can be very determined.
也许她在外边呼吸新鲜空气呢,
Er...perhaps she's gone out for a breath of fresh air.
你原来在这呢!
Ah, there you are.
你好!
How do you do?
亨利·亚当斯先生
Mr. Henry Adams.
我侄女鲍西娅 兰斯丹尼
My niece, Portia Landsdowne.
你好!
How do you do?
我想您一定累坏了,亚当斯先生
I'm afraid you're being rather overworked, Mr. Adams.
当然,我是说不,没有
Yes, indeed. I mean no, no.
如果您不介意的话,亲爱的,
我得回去照顾客人去
If you'll excuse me, my dear, I must go once more into the breach (affray).
您不坐一会吗?
Won't you sit down?
谢谢!
Thank you.
可怜的叔叔,
他和我一样讨厌姨妈这种招待会
Poor uncle, he hates my aunt's parties almost as much as I do.
没什么事就说呀说呀的
Nothing but talk, talk, talk, talk,
没有人谈正事儿,你觉得呢?
and nobody says anything, do they?
是没什么重要的
Well, nothing very serious.
在这里的招待会上,
谈重要的事情是不允许的,亚当斯先生
Serious talk at English receptions just isn't cricket, Mr. Adams.
不允许?
Cricket?
一种陋俗
Bad form.
唯一的办法就是尽量离女主人远一点
The only way is to get well out of range of the hostess.
哦天,下雨了
Oh, it's raining.
真不巧,本来呆在外面挺好的
Too bad. It was much nicer out here.
到这边来
Come this way.
就按你说的,你现在还觉得在外边好吗?
I've taken you at your words. Do you still think it's nicer out here?
比任何时候都好
It's nicer than ever.
我还是小姑娘的时候常躲在这儿
I used to hide here when I was a little girl.
那么在像这样的地方长大一定非常快乐
It must be pleasant to be brought up in a place like this.
我敢说你自己的经历肯定更令人印象深刻吧!
I dare say your own surroundings are far more impressive.
是挺奇特的
Well, er…different.
下雨了
It is raining.
我们回去以后会不会有人说我们什么?
When we get back in, won't there be some raised eyebrows(disapproval)?
当然了,所以我们得编个好的理由
Of course. We'll invent a reason as to why we're here.
为什么要编个理由呢?
Why invent a reason?
我难道不能说
Couldn't I just say that
在晚宴上和最美丽的姑娘
一起度过一段短暂的时光是非常愉快的吗?
it's been wonderful to spend a few moments with the most charming girl at the party?
他们不会在外面,下雨了
They can't possibly be out here. It's raining.
您被困在这了,是吗?
You're trapped, aren't you?
这正合我意,你呢?
Suits me. What about you?
我来告诉你怎么做
I'll tell you what we'll do.
就说我们在说科罗马托孤儿院的事
We'll say we were discussing the Cromarty Home for Motherless Babies.
什么?
The what?
收养孤儿的科罗马托孤儿院
The Cromarty Home for Motherless Babies.
我想他们是不会相信的
Oh, they'd hardly swallow that.
不,他们会的
Oh, but they would.
那是我姨妈最得意的慈善事业
It's my aunt's pet charity.
而且作为一个百万富翁
And being a millionaire
他们也希望您对这事感兴趣
they'd expect you to take an interest in charities.
您感兴趣对吗?
You do, don't you?
是的,我感兴趣,可我...
Well, yes, I… I do but…
为了证明这一点
And to prove it
您说您将参加孤儿院的新址落成庆典
you could say you're coming to the opening of our new premises.
时间是下星期三
It's next Wednesday.
如果您愿意去的话
That is, if you'd like to.
你去吗?
Um… Will you be there?
当然去
Of course.
我也去
I'll be there.
请您看这边,亚当斯先生,
Will you please look this way, Mr. Adams.
请您看这边
Will you please look this way.
别动
Hold it.
好,非常感谢
Thank you very much.
太好了,真是太好了
Charming. Absolutely charming.
来了,院长
Coming, Matron.
他们很可爱是吗?
They're adorable, aren't they?
很可爱
Adorable.
好了,女士们先生们
Now then, ladies and gentlemen,
现在我们进行最后一项
we come to the last part of our proceedings.
在许多朋友的慷慨资助下
Thanks to the generosity of our many friends
我们已经全部还清了抵押贷款
we have paid off the mortgage on the home,
和维持孤儿院整整一年的开销
and the running costs for one whole year.
可是孤儿院还要继续开办下去
But the Cromarty Home must go on
因而我们必须尽一切可能筹集资金
and we must lose no opportunity to make a great deal of money.
所以我们打算拍卖♥♥
I therefore propose putting up for auction
这个美丽的花瓶
this magnificent contemporary vase…
它是有兰登史密斯夫人慷慨捐赠的
most kindly presented by Mrs. Landon-Smith.
我丈夫已经作为第一个竞拍者,愿意出价20英镑
And to set the ball rolling my husband has offered first bid of twenty pounds.
下面有没有谁愿意出更高的价
Now then, I wonder who would like to top that.
现在是20英镑,20英镑,-30英镑
Twenty pounds we are bid. Twenty pounds.-Thirty pounds.
哦,30英镑你开了一个好头,现在30英镑,
Thirty pounds. That is a lovely start. Now then, thirty pounds.
40英镑
Forty pounds.
好,谁愿意在40英镑上再加价?
That's very fine. Who will improve on forty?
-70英镑
Seventy pounds.
哦,亨利·亚当斯先生,太感谢了!
我太感动了!
Oh, Mr. Henry Adams, thank you so much. Now we really are moving.
70是我的幸运数字,很可爱不是吗?
Seventy's my lucky number. Isn't that lovely?
现在已经有人愿意给这个
美丽的花瓶出价70英镑了
On this unusual object, I'm offered 70 pounds
80英镑
Er… eighty pounds.
80英镑,真是物有所值,
还有人愿意出更高的价吗?
Eighty pounds, and well worth it. Now let's go up in leaps and bounds.
82英镑零10先令
Eighty-two pounds and ten shillings.
哦,亨利·亚当斯先生出价82英镑10先令
Eighty-two pounds and ten shillings from Mr. Henry Adams.
这真是个不同寻常数字,-100英镑
What a charmingly whimsical gesture.-One hundred pounds.
太感谢您了!100英镑,已经出价到3位数了
Oh, thank you so much. One hundred pounds. That offers three figures.
150英镑怎么样?
How about a hundred and fifty pounds?
我明白了
I see.
有没有人愿意出比100英镑更高的价?
Well, who would like to advance me something over a hundred pounds?
500英镑
Five hundred pounds.
这位先生出价500英镑!
Five hundred pounds! This gentleman!
1000英镑
One thousand pounds.
梅尔伏特夫人,您太慷慨了,1000英镑
Oh, Mrs. Melfort, thank you so much, One thousand pounds.
1500英镑,谢谢先生
One thousand five hundred pounds. Thank you.
4000英镑
Four thousand pounds.
嘿,跟我玩!
Hey, fighting me!
我出4500!
Four thousand and five hundred!
电影精选列表