但对我来说可没什么好的!
But it's not very lucky to me.
如果这一切不过你们开的玩笑
If this is your idea of some kind of a joke,
我并不觉得很有趣
I don't think it's very funny.
如果你们不介意的话我告辞了
Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way.
请不要走,亚当斯先生
Please don't go, Mr. Adams.
你一定不要介意,我兄弟的话不太礼貌
You mustn't think we're insensitive,
even though my brother is a little tactless.
奥利弗,把信给他
Oliver, give him the letter.
我正要跟他说这件事呢
I was about to say the same thing myself
一封信
The letter.
信
The letter.
给我的?
For me?
是的
For you.
不,现在不要拆开
Oh no, you mustn't open it. Not yet.
您拆开他的时间是下午2点
You may open it at... er... two o'clock.
一分钟也不要提前
Not a moment before.
这可真有点滑稽
This is ridiculous.
不滑稽,里边装的是钱
It's not ridiculous. There's money in it.
哦,好了,请听我说,我不需要你们的施舍
Oh, well, now, listen to me. I don't need you charity.
我需要的是一份工作
All I want is an honest job of work.
如果你们不行的话
If you can't do...
我们很赞赏你诚实的品格,亚当斯先生
We appreciate you honesty, Mr. Adams.
这也正是我们把信交给你的缘故
That's why we've give you the letter.
詹姆斯,送亚当斯先生出去
James, show Mr. Adams out.
祝你好运!
Good luck, Mr. Adams.
你们为什么不告诉我这到底是怎么回事呢?
Well, why don't you explain what this is all about?
你很快就会知道的
You'll soon know.
下午2点,亚当斯先生
At two o'clock, Mr. Adams.
还有1小时10分钟
In exactly one hour and ten minutes.
1小时10分钟
One hour and ten minutes.
这边走,先生
This way, sir.
亚当斯先生
Mr. Adams.
一定不要提前拆开
Not until two o'clock.
能保证吗?
Promise?
我保证,再见
Promise. Goodbye.
诚实机智,对伦敦一无所知
Ah! Honest, intelligent, a stranger to London...
而且除此之外身无分文
And not a penny with which to bless himself.
太棒了!
Perfect!
这张桌子已经有人预定了
That one's reserved.
请您这边来
This way, please.
给这位先生点菜,霍勒斯
Take this gentleman's order, Horace.
我要一些火腿和鸡蛋,一大块上好的炸牛排
I'll have some ham and eggs, and a nice big juicy steak
在加上所有的配菜,在浇上浓汁
with all the trimmings, and make it extra thick.
这得花不少钱
It'll cost a tidy bit.
我知道,再来一大杯冰镇啤酒
That's understood. And a long cool tankard of ale.
服务员
Er...Waiter.
同样的再来一份
Same thing again please.
再来一份?
Again?
是的,别忘了啤酒
That's right. And fill that up.
有什么问题吗?
Anything wrong?
没有,没有,先生
No. No, sir.
他想照原样再来一份,还有啤酒
He's asked for another portion. Ale and all.
你认为他付得起钱吗?
Do you think he can pay?
只能碰碰运气
We'll have to chance it.
给他上一份
Serve him, Horace.
但是不要去软骨,知道吗?
But don't spare the gristle.
火腿,鸡蛋,牛排,
西红柿,豌豆,胡萝卜各两份
Ham, eggs, steak, potatoes, beans carrots twice.
松糕,乳酪,咖啡,两杯啤酒,
总共3英镑零10便士
Trifle. Cheese. Coffee. Two quarts of ale. Tree and ten pence.
谢谢!
Thank you.
你不介意多等一会吧?
Would you mind waiting just a few minutes?
还有什么可等的?
What's there to wait for?
我来吧,霍勒斯
All right, Horace.
这真是一顿美餐啊!
That was a wonderful meal.
要知道,你会从很简单的东西里
You know, it's amazing how much pleasure
得到莫大的快乐…
you get out of the simple things...
如果你有很长一段时间没有他们的话
if you've had to get along without them for a while.
很精彩,但是您可以结账了
Very interesting. And now perhaps if you'd pay the bill,
这样我就可以照顾其他顾客
I could attend to the other customers.
你们的挂钟走的准吗?
That clock of yours, is it correct?
也许,也许快一点
If anything, it's fast.
快一点?
It's fast?
快多少?
How fast?
是两分钟
Two minutes.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
好啦,我不想闹得不愉快
Now, I don't wish to be unpleasant,
你到底想不想结账?
but would you please settle the bill?
当然想不过您看
I want to, but you see...
请结账吧
The bill, please.
是的,我知道,结账
Yes, I know, the bill.
一点不错
Exactly.
就差几分钟,不会有什么问题吧
Well, I don't suppose a couple of minutes will make any difference.
真的很抱歉
Er...I'm awfully sorry,
不过我没有零钱
but I don't have anything smaller.
这...这...
Well. Well...er...er...
请等一下
Just one moment.
玛姬,你看
Maggie. Look.
这钱是真的吗?
Do you think it's real?
去问问克莱门茨先生
Ask Mr. Clements.
-克莱门茨先生. -什么事啊?
请您看看这个
Mr. Clements. Mr. Clements. Whta is it?
Would you mind just looking at this?
这钱是真的吗?
Do you think it's Genuine?
这种支票只发行了两张
Two notes of this denomination have been issued,
不管怎么看,它都不像是假的
but in any case it's hardly likely to be a forgery.
为什么?
Why not?
持有他的人,会引起所有人的注意
It would draw too much attention to the owner.
骗子不会这么做的
No forger would want that.
可是你看那个人你看他穿的
But look at the owner, Mr. Clements. He's in rags.
我断定,他是个行为古怪的百万富翁
I can only assume he's an eccentric millionaire.
行为古怪的百万富翁!
An eccentric millionaire!
可你竟然让他坐里面
And you put him at the back of the room.
还不赶快过去
Go and attend to him at once.
实在对不起,先生,这钱我找不开
I'm sorry, sir, but I cannot change the note.
可我身上除了他没别的
Oh, but it's all I have on me.
别担心,先生,这没有关系
All! Oh, please don't worry, sir. It's of no consequence.
一点关系也没有
No consequence at all.
您能光临像我们这样的小店,
真是我们莫大的荣幸
We are most gratified that you should so much as step foot
inside our little establishment.
说真的,先生
Indeed, sir,
我相信您一定会来我们这的
I trust you will come here
无论什么时候您想找个清净的地方进餐
whenever you are seeking peace and quiet.
谢谢你的好意
Well, that's very good of you.
我的好意?
Good, sir?
应该谢谢您的好意,先生!
It's good for you, sir.
随便什么时候,随便想吃什么
You must come whenever you want and have whatever you like.
只要您能光临,这是我们小店最大的荣幸
The mere hour of you presence is a reward in itself.
我也许有一段时间不会路过这里
I may not be passing this way for quite a while.
说哪儿的话,难道我还不能相信
像您这样的富有绅士吗?
I would be a very poor thing, sir, If I couldn't trust a gentleman as rich as yourself, sir.
虽然您穿的这个衣服和大家开了个玩笑
Even if you do play larks (jokes)...upon the public in the matter of dress.
至于账单吗
As for the bill,
先生您就忘了他吧,这没有关系
sir, please forget it. It's of no consequence.
这一点关系也没有
No consequence at all.
非常感谢,你真是太好啦
Thank you very much, sir.That's very nice of you.
是我们应该感谢您,先生
Oh, it's for us to thank you, sir.
我从心底里向你表示谢意
And I do, sir...from the bottom of my heart.
有什么事吗?先生
Did you want something, sir?
还记得我吗?
You remember me?
记得
Yes, sir.
我想在见见你家主人
Well, I've got to see your employers again immediately.
他们走了,先生
They've gone.
电影精选列表