我要支付一些账单
I have to pay some bills.
卖♥♥了?
Sell?
你现在就是把它作为礼物,白送也没有人要它
Why, nobody would accept those shares as a gift.
你把我毁了,伙计,我完了
You've ruined me, my boy. I'm finished.
你说什么,你曾经告诉我
那些股票值2万英镑
What are you talking about? You told me yourself they were worth twenty thousand pounds.
那是昨天的事
That was yesterday.
亨利,那张支票它在哪儿?
The note, Henry, where is it?
你确实有,对不对
You did have one, didn't you?
噢,当然,我是有
Well, of course, I had one.
难道这儿就没有神志正常的人了吗?
Isn't there any sanity left around here?
这些股票交易是在哪儿进行的?
Where does all this"up and down" business go on?
思罗格莫顿大街的股票交易所
Throgmorton Street--the Stock Exchange.
这就去那儿
That's where I'm going.
不,亨利,你不能去那儿
No, Henry, you can't. You can't go in there.
亨利,亨利
Henry! Henry,
亨利,你等一等
wait for me! Henry.
亨利,亨利,你不能进去的,你不能进去
Henry!Henry, you can't go in there! Strangers aren't allowed.
如果这一切都因为我我有权为自己辩解
If I'm the cause of all the trouble, I'm entitiled to speak for myself.
亨利,他们把你扔出来的!
Henry, they'll throw you out!
先生们,我是亨利·亚当斯
Gentlemen, I am Henry Adams.
对不起,先生,你不能闯到这儿来
Excuse me, sir, you can't come in here.
我希望你们能原谅我的到来
I hope you'll excuse me pushing my way in here like this...
那个荒山有金子
There's gold in that mine...there.
一...
one...
二...那个矿山有金子...有金子
two...There's gold in that mine...there.
三…
three...
他们管自己叫生意人
They call themselves businessmen!
这是传统,亨利
I warned you, Henry. It's tradition.
他们对洛克菲勒也是这么做的
They'd do it to Rockefeller himself.
怎么了,他们到这儿来干什么?
What's going on? What are they all here for?
找您,先生
You, sir.
找我?真可笑
Me? That is ridiculous!
我可没欠那么多人的钱
I don't owe that much.
他们有什么事儿?
What about them?
看来他们都在好望角金矿上赔了不少钱,先生
It seems they've all come a cropper(lost money) on Good Hopes, sir.
如果您还在这儿
If you hang around up there, sir,
记者会把您认出来的
then reporters will spot you.
他们也在这儿?
Are they here too?
是的,先生,来了不少
Yes, sir. Droves of them.
别走那边儿,先生
Not that way, sir,
走后边儿
round the back
请原谅!先生,请不要挡着门廊,好吗?
Excuse me, sir, would you mind clearing the porch, please?
亚当斯先生,亚当斯先生
Mr. Adams, Mr. Adams.
你有没有足够的资金解决目前的困境
Have you the wherewithal to settle this unfortunate business?
很遗憾,劳埃德,恐怕你要耐心地等待了
I'm very sorry, Lloyd, but you'll have to wait after all.
等?你到底要干什么?
门厅里挤满了被你欺骗的受害者
Wait? But what are you going to do?
The foyer is teaming with your wretched victims.
受害者?他们当中一大半我都不认识
Victims! I don't even know half of them.
商人,股民都被你的假金矿欺骗了,
还有记者也来了
Tradesmen, shareholders in your fake mine and journalists.
宝博斯饭店完了,全完了
Bumbles will never survive.
股民...
Shareholders....
小股民,先生
Small shareholders, sir.
股民...他们能够救自己
Shareholders...But they can save themselves,
能够救你,救我和金矿
you, me and the mine!
我所要做的就是说服他们不要抛出股票
All I've got to do is persuade them to hang on to their shares.
别担心,劳埃德,事情会有转机的
Don't worry.Lloyd, things may be all right after all.
没有用的,亚当斯先生
It won't work, Mr. Adams.
你别去,你会引起骚乱的
Don't go. There'll be a riot.
什么事都会发生的...任何事!
Anything might happen...anything.
他来了,就是他
There he is! That's him.
女士们,先生们
Ladies and gentlemen....
女士们,先生们
Ladies and gentlemen.
女士们,先生们
Ladies and gentlemen.
我知道你们到这儿来,是来找我的
I...I understand that you've all come here to see me...
你们当中的一些人买♥♥了好望角金矿股票
and that some of you have invested your money in the Good Hope Gold Mine.
很自然,你们都想知道你们的投资是不是安全
Natuarally, you all want to know if your money is safe.
我非常能够理解你们的心情
I can sympathise with those feelings.
那支票到底是怎么回事?
What about the note?
怎么回事儿?
What about the note?
你到底是不是百万富翁?
Are you or are you not a millionaire?
我是不是百万富翁无关紧要
Whether I am a millionaire or not is beside the point.
很多人都因为你在推荐,
才买♥♥了好望金矿的股票
A great many people investd in Good Hopes purely on your recomendation.
请安静,请安静
Please, please,
女士们,先生们
ladies and gentlemen,
大家听我说
if you'll just listen to me for a minute...
你们根本没有必要惊慌
you will see that far from there being any need for panic,
你们会发现你们的投资是非常正确的
you've all made what will turn out to be a very sound investment.
亚当斯先生,你是说你已经找到那张支票了
Does that mean, Mr.Adams, you've found the note?
到底出什么事了?
What the devil's going on?
出乱子了,先生
Fine old hullabaloo(uproar), sir.
都找他算账来了,他使他们的钱不翼而飞
The hunt's up. Mark you, he's given them a run for their money.
别打哑谜了,伙计
Don't talk in riddles, man.
你给我说清楚一点儿
Make yourself clear.
是亨利·亚当斯,先生,你没看报纸吗?
Henry Adams, sir. Haven't you read the paper?
他们说那张支票根本就不存在
They say he never had the bank note.
是该给他点教训
Serve him right!
找不到支票,他们会杀了他的
Well, sir, if he doesn't find it, they'll lynch (kill) him.
不会的,英国绅士不会那么做的
Ah, they wouldn't do that. Not British.
让我进去
Let me in.
对不起先生,如果我是你,就会绕道从后门走
Excuse me, sir, if I was you, sir, I'd nip (sneak) round the back.
我不走,我不走
I don't nip. I don't nip.
安静,安静,请安静,女士们,先生们
Please. Please.Please, ladies and gentleme.
你们难道不明白,如果你们不抛出股票
Don't you see? If you will all use a little common sense
如果你们在坚持一个星期,肯定就会有机会
and hold on to your shares for another week, there's every chance that...
是的,听起来是有道理的,亚当斯先生
Yes. That's all very plausible, Mr.Adams.
但是我们还不知道你是不是真正的百万富翁
But we're all still in the dark as to whether you are a man of substance...
还是仅仅在这里夸夸其谈
or merely have the gift of the gab.
但是你们是很不明智的把赌注压在我的名誉上
But it just isn't reasonable that you'd rather gamble on my reputation,
而不是寄希望于找到金子
than on a good chance of finding gold.
你就是个赌徒
You're the gambler, sir.
如果能够找到金子的话
What difference does it make what I am,
我是什么,又有什么关系呢?
providing that there's gold in the mine?
他说这些是搪塞我们
The fellow's fobbing us off.
安静,请安静,请安静,女士们,先生们,
Oh, please, please,please, Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们,先生们,让我们面对现实
Ladies and gentlemen, let's all face the facts...
像明智的成年人一样
like sane, adult, hunman beings.
大家听他说下去
Let's listen to the man.
谢谢您,夫人
Thank you, madam.
谁说我们都愿意听
We're willing to listen to anybody.
先生,先生
Sir, Sir.
没问题了
It's all right, sir.
什么没问题了?
What's all right?
豪华套房♥啊,他归您了
The Bridal Suite. You're getting it back.
换床单,劳埃德先生说
"Change the sheets", Mr.Lloyd said,
把房♥间打扫干净
"and dust the room"
你看,先生,他们正在拿走他们的衣服
Look, sir. They're taking all his clothes.
是不是挺可笑?
Isn't it a laugh?
你们怎么敢这样!你们怎么敢这样!
How dare you, sir. How dare you!
真是太无礼了!
Dashed impertinence.
马上把他拿回去
Take them back at once.
你们这些店主竟然敢擅自做主
A lot of shopkeepers taking the law into your own hands.
你们以为自己是什么人啊?
Who do you think you are?
雷尼,有点过火了!
Renie, this has gone too far!
玩笑是玩笑
A lark's one thing,
当一个人被追着要衣服钱的时候
but when a fellow's expected to pay his tailor's bill,
就该结束了
it's no joke.
跟我来
Come with me.
在我看来
So it seems to me
这的人神经都有些不正常
电影精选列表