that there's been a great deal of hysteria...over what is,
竟然把那张小纸片看得如此重要
after all, nothing more than a scrap of paper.
我愿意用我的名誉做赌注
I am willing to stake my reputation.
实际上我可以用我的人格担♥保♥
In fact I'll give you my word of honour...
如果你们能够留住手中的股票
that if, in addtition to holding on,
并且在买♥♥进一些
you buy more shares,
你们一定会得到丰厚的回报
you'll all be amply rewarded.
那个金矿确实有金子
That gold mine is genuine.
说的对,我的朋友,而且我们能证明有金子
That's right, my boy. What's more, we can prove it.
女士们,先生们
And here, ladies and gentlemen,
这位朋友的话完全可以打消
你们对好望角金矿的所有顾虑
is the very man who can clear up any lingering doubts you may have about the Good Hope gold shares.
劳埃德黑斯廷斯先生对好望金矿有着如此的信心
Mr.Lloyd Hastings has such faith in them that...
亚当斯先生等您把账结清以后
They'll have returned, Mr.Adams,
我们就把他们退回来
when you've settled the account.
亚当先生谈到名誉可是他连做衣服的账
Mr.Adams talks of honour, but he can't even honour his tailor's bill.
这简直是个阴谋
It's a case of conspiracy!
我要诉诸于法律
Actionable in law!
你带走了我的一切
You've taken my all!
为寡妇们报仇,为寡妇们报仇,为寡妇们…
Avenge...the windows!
为寡妇们报仇,为寡妇们报仇
The widows! The widows!
不要动手,不要打架!
No... fighting! No fighting!
你们不能打架,不能打架,
亚当斯先生,不能打呀!
No fighting! No fighting, Mr.Adams. I forbid it.
支票
The note!
支票,支票
The note! The note!
这张该死的支票!
The blasted note!
它在哪?
What was it?
在你的地毯下面
Under your carpet,
是我让人干的
on my instructions.
你为什么要这么做呢?
Well! Why on earth would you do a thing like that?
我不喜欢你们美国人
I don't like Yankees.
我不喜欢你有钱的样子
I don't like what you do with your money.
这次我实在是干的有点过火了
But the things we do for it are a dashed sight worse.
你有权向我挑战
You're entitled to throw down the glove.
既然事情可以挽回
Well, as I haven't got a glove,
我就接受你的道歉
I'll have to accept your apology.
你是个绅士,我开始喜欢你了
You're a sportman. I'm beginning to like you.
把支票给他们看,亨利
Show it to them, Henry.
给他们看支票
Show them the note.
天啊,那家伙没问题!
Good heavens!The man's all right.
上帝保佑你,亚当斯先生,上帝保佑你
Bless you,Mr. Adams. Bless you.
阿门
Amen.
你们还有半小时时间,女士们,先生们
You've got half an hour, ladies and gentlemen...
赶快去,买♥♥,买♥♥,买♥♥
in which to buy, buy, buy.
请让一下,让一下,请原谅,先生,让一下
Make way, please. Make way, please. Excuse me, sir. Do you mind, sir? Excuse me, please.
亨利,亨利
Henry. Oh,Henry.
这一切都是个误会
The whole thing was a misunderstanding entirely
都怪那些报纸
due to the press.
我愿随时为您效劳
Reids are eternally at your service.
好的
Good.
亚当斯先生,我们在豪华套房♥准备了香槟酒
Oh,Mr.Adams, there will be champagne in the Bridal Suite
以此表达宝博斯饭店对您的歉意
with the compliments of Bumbles.
好的
Good.
就这样,别动,亚当斯先生
Hold it quite still, Mr.Adams.
到今天正好一个月,而且一分钟也不差
One month to the day. In fact to the very hour.
稍微有一点磨损
A little the worse for wear.
可依然完整无缺
But still intact.
祝贺你,亚当斯先生
Congratulations,Mr.Adams.
到目前为止我已经按照你们的意思
Well, now taht i have...er....carried out my side of the bargain
做了我应该做的一切,你们到底赌什么呢?
to your satisfaction...what was the bet?
你看,我认为人们对财富的象征的看法是这样的
Well,you see, I maintained that such is people's attitude to the symbol of wealth...
只要您的财产中有那张小纸片
that by just having that little scrap of paper in your possession,
用不着把他换成现金
without ever cashing it,
你就能够拥有一切
you could have everything you wanted.
而我认为您没将支票兑换成现金
Whereas, I maintainded that as you were denied the right to cash it,
它对您来说毫无用处
it would be quite useless to you.
可我只要看到您所做的一切,亚当斯先生
But I only have to look at you, Mr.Adams,
使我认识到我错了
to realise I was mistaken.
我还从没有完全打赢过一个赌
Never have I won a bet more conclusive.
我告诉你,罗德里克
I tell you, Roderick,
那张支票是万能的
that note can do anything.
甚至还在股票上为他赚了2万英镑
It even made him twenty thousand pounds on the Stock Exchange.
我能说几句吗?
May I say somtthing?
当然可以
By all means, my dear.
要知道那张支票的确有很大的魔力
I agree that the note is extremely powerful
可说它是万能的并不全对
but it isn't quite true to say that it can do anything.
要知道我爱亨利,是因为他是亨利
You see, I love Henry because he is Henry.
事实上当她知道我是个有钱人时她离开了我
The fact is that she left me when she thought I was rich.
当她知道我真的是个穷♥人♥时她回到了我的身边
And came back to me only when she discovered that I was really poor.
那张支票只会让我们两个分开
If anything, the note came between us.
听见了吗,奥利弗?
Oh. oh, did you hear that, Oliver?
亚当斯先生,如果没有支票,你们永远不会认识
Come, come, Mr. Adams. But for the note you'd never have met.
你怎么知道?也许这是命中注
How do you know? They might have been fated to meet.
我们不讨论也许会怎样
We are not discussing what might have been.
我们只关心事实
We're concerned only with the facts.
说的对,那张支票使他们分开
Precisely, and the note came between them.
它不是万能的
It isn't all powerful.
实际上,奥利弗,也许这场赌你并没有赢
As a matter of fact, my dear Oliver, I am not so sure you won the bet.
你不能否认亚当斯先生交回了支票
You can't get out of it,Roderick, Mr. Adams returned the note intact
而他得到了他想要的一切
and now has everything he wants.
至于他们两个小情人之间
偶尔的不愉快与支票无关...
The mere fact that they had a lover's tiff has nothing to do with it.
这张支票几乎拆散了他们
The note almost has wrecked them.
车夫,我们走!
Coachman. On your way.
电影精选列表