I was a structural engineer.
不知道斯考特有没有告诉过你
I don't know if Scott told you that.
不过我退休了
That's... I'm retired.
我建造道路和桥梁
I built roads and bridges,
我也相信 我建造的所有这些
and I believe that every one of them I built,
都注入了我的灵魂
I put my soul into it.
我也相信建筑本身也有灵魂
And I believe that they have souls themselves.
胡说八道
Bullshit.
-麦克 -我觉得他说得对
- Mike. - Listen, I think he has a point.
但是 难道世界不就是这样吗
But isn't this kind of the way of the world?
旧的不去 新的不来
Out with the old, in with the new.
不如重新建造泰姬陵 如何
Let's rebuild the Taj Mahal, huh?
这可不是泰姬陵 查理
This is not the Taj Mahal, Charlie.
-你有点疯了 -不是吧
- You're a little crazy. -No, right?
你打不开吗
You having trouble with that?
再等一下
Just give me a minute.
查理 给我们倒满
Hey, Charlie, top me off.
-我想出去抽根烟 -好
- I'm gonna go out for a smoke. - Sure.
都倒进来 给力点 牛仔
All of it. Giddy up, cowboy.
谢谢你 查理
Thanks, Charlie.
查理 不 不
Charlie, no! No!
你为什么要这样
Why would you do that?
-打开了 -太好了
- Ah! Got it. - All right.
让我们为斯考特鼓掌吧
Hey, let's give a hand for Scott.
-你真棒 -好了
- There you go. - All right.
谁要白葡萄酒
Who's having white?
需要来点新鲜空气
Needed some fresh air.
晚宴很棒 对吗
What a meal, right?
-安妮的厨艺真不错 -是啊
- Oh, Annie, she's a great cook. - Yeah.
-抽一根 查理 -不了 谢谢
- Smoke, Charlie? - Oh, no, thanks.
30年前就戒了
Gave it up 30 years ago.
戒了好
Good for you.
放弃这一切一定挺难的
Must have been hard to give all this up.
的确如此
Yes, it was.
我说真的
Trust me.
你有吗
Have you?
什么
What?
放弃它
Given it up.
斯考特说你过来除过草
Scott said you came over to mow their grass.
必须要做的
Had to be done.
草长的太快了
Grass was getting out of control.
所以你一直关注着这里 是吗
So you keep an eye on the place. That it?
偶尔开车路过 没错
Drive by from time to time, yeah.
我还打猎
And I also hunt.
就在这个林子里
Right here in these woods.
你有在晚上打猎吗 查理
You ever hunt at night, Charlie?
麦克
Mike...
晚上打猎是违法的
hunting after dark is illegal.
好吧
Oh, okay.
-因为我不知道 -是啊
- Because I don't know. - Yeah.
我在做什么
Oh, what am I doing?
我可不想毁了你这么好的草坪
Wouldn't want to ruin your nice lawn.
我会扔到垃圾桶的
I'll toss it in the garbage.
屋里见 查理
See you inside, Charlie.
背心不错
Nice vest.
好吧
Okay.
这可能是这里做过的最好吃的晚饭了
Oh, that was probably the best meal ever made in this house.
谢谢你这么想 我给你打包了一些
And, good think of that. I made you a doggy bag.
我午夜前就会吃光的
This is gonna be gone before midnight.
你这女主人当的名副其实
You truly are the lady of the house.
谢谢
Thank you.
吃的开心
Enjoy the food.
愿你今晚休息好
Have a great rest of the evening.
祝你在佛罗里达的退休生活愉快
Have a great retirement in Florida.
"谢谢 退休生活"
"Thank you, retirement."
麦克醉了
Hey. Mike's drunk.
-我有个想法 -把你之间跟我说的告诉他们
- I just had a theory. - Tell them what you told me.
-好的 我你们讲 -说吧
- All right. I'm gonna tell you. - Go ahead.
-安妮 -你要说什么
- Annie. - What? What?
我猜是那个老家伙
I think it was that old dude
烫了我宝贝跑车的坐垫
who put the cigarette burns in my upholstery.
-什么 是查理吗 -是的
- What! Charlie? - Mm-hm.
他为什么那样做呢
Why would he do that?
因为 我先向你们道个歉
Because, and I apologize ahead of time,
之前我出去抽烟时
when I went out to have a smoke,
-我往玫瑰上撒尿了 -像你干的好事
- I took a piss on your roses. - Of course, you did.
我们有4个卫生间 好吗
We got four different bathrooms...
下面是重点
Here's the point.
查理觉得那是他的玫瑰花
Charlie thinks those are his roses.
他觉得我糟蹋了他的花花草草
He thinks that I defiled his lawn.
他仍然认为这是他的房♥子
He still thinks this is his house.
你怎么知道是他做的呢
How would you know which he did that?
-他一直在观察你们 -好吧 谢谢你
- He's watching you guys -Okay, thank you.
-从树林里面 -老天
- from the woods. -Oh, man.
好吧
Okay.
斯考特 我打赌 如果我们去树林
Look, Scott, I bet you, if we went out into the woods,
就可以找到支持我的证据
we would find proof that I was right.
你要把钱花在空口无凭上吗
Wanna put your money where your mouth is?
-对 赌多少 -5
- Yeah. How much? - Five.
-亲爱的 别吧 -5百 说定了
- Don't do it, honey. - Five hundred. Let's do it.
-赌局已定 -上帝啊
- That's a bet. - Oh, God.
树林里有个怪老头
There's a senior citizen in the woods.
我们去帮你们处理了
We gonna take care of this for you.
祝你们好运
Good luck!
-好吧 -好的 硬汉
- Oh, yeah. - Okay, tough guy.
这就对了 兄弟
That's right, baby.
小心这有点什么史酷比的屎
This is some Scooby-Doo shit right here.
史酷比吗
Scooby-Doo?
你们为什么搬到这儿来啊
Why did you move all the way out here?
我们更适合城市啊
We know it wired back in the city.
我知道 但 安妮想开始家庭生活
I know, Annie wanted to start a family.
我爱她 所以就
I love her, so...
怎么了
What's wrong?
从这里可以完整得看到屋里的动静
You can see right into the house from here.
我就说
Told you.
斯考特 看那儿
Look at that, Scott.
那儿有一条通向树林的小路
There's a path that leads right into the woods.
对的 那就是查理猎鹿的地方
Okay, that's where he shot Bambi.
就在那边
Right over there, man.
所以你觉得他在哪 来吧
So where do you think he is? Come on.
-真的要去吗 -来吧
- You sure about this? - Come on.
你想赌多少钱他们会迷路
How much you wanna bet they got lost?
别提了
Ah, don't even tell me
我们可能应该给他们
maybe we should have given them
带点面包屑什么的
some bread crumbs or something,
好让他们找回家的路
find their way home.
你觉得查理怎么样啊
What did you think about Charlie?
我觉得
I think he's...
-他是个有风情的老男人 -什么
- kind of hot for an older guy. - What?
-瑞秋 -拜托
- Rachel. - Oh, come on.
你是说你不这样想吗
Tell me you don't think so too.
当然不 你知道吗 我觉得他
No. Okay. You know what it is? I think he's like
有现在不多见的男人味 你懂吗
the manly man thing not yet, you know?
就像我们的祖父辈会有的
Like, it's something our grandfathers had
像我们父辈会有的那种
and our dads had.
我也说不太清 我为他感到遗憾
I don't know. I feel sorry for him.
他是个很暖心的人
He's such a sweetheart.
不是索然无味的都市男孩
Not poor city boys.
你知道他们会迷路 是吧
You know they're lost, right?
这像是什么消防通道
Like some sort of fire road.
这倒是挺方便的