Out loud.
大点儿声。
Yes sir.
是的,长官。
"I have been informed that this statement
may be used against me and that I
“我被告知,这份声明可能会被用来指控我,我…
I do it of my own free will,and I am not obliged to do it."
…我这样做是出于我自己的自♥由♥意志,而不是被迫的。”
If you agree, please sign.
如果你同意,请签名。
Yes sir.
是的,长官。
Lieutenant, we should both sign this statement as witnesses.
中尉,我们都应该以证人的身份,签署这份声明。
Yes sir.
是的,长官。
Sergeant, take this man into custody.
中士,把这个人抓起来。
He will be imprisoned in the confinement division.
他将被关在拘留所。
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你,长官。
Slovik was transferred to the
confinement division in Rott, Germany.
斯洛维克被转移到位于德国罗特的监禁部门。
That's where I met him.
It wasn't really a prison, just an old barn.
我就是在那里,遇见他的。那里不是真正的监狱,只是个旧谷仓。
But it was an easy task and I didn't mind.
但这是一个简单的任务,我并不介意。
Slovik was just one of those boys aiming for Court Martial,
so he could stay away from the front lines.
斯洛维克只是那些想上军事法庭的小伙子之一,
这样他就可以远离前线了。
We've had our share of them.He was a kind-hearted boy.
He would do anything I asked him.
我们也有过这样的经历。他是一个善良的男孩。
我叫他做什么,他都会做。
What are you doing, Sergeant?
你在做什么呢?中士。
A military walking stick.
军用手杖。
I wish I had one of those.
真希望,我也能有一根。
Okay! I'll give you this one.
好吧!我给你这个。
But I don't think you'll be here that long.
但我觉得,你不会在这里呆太久的。
You mean I won't come back here after my trial?
你是说,审判结束后,我就不会回来了?
It depends on the sentence.
这取决于判决。
They can send you to a confinement place in Paris.
他们可以把你送到巴黎的拘留所。
Paris?
巴黎?
Are you kidding, Sergeant?
你在开玩笑吧? 中士?
I bet it's Ronnie coming back!
我敢打赌,这是罗尼回来了!
Come on Mannie, Ronnie is back!
来吧,曼尼,罗尼回来了!
Hey Ronnie, what happened?
嘿,罗尼,怎么样啊?
What was the sentence?
How much did you get? How much did you get?
那判决是什么?你判了多少年?你判了多少年?
- Ronnie, how much time did they give you? - 20 years!
-罗尼,他们给你判了多少时间? -20年!
20? Man, for 20 years I would agree already.
20年? 伙计,要是20年徒刑,我就已经接受了。
I bet you would agree, Slovik.
我打赌你会接受的,斯洛维克。
How long will you have to stay in prison after the war ends?
战争结束后,你要在监狱里关多久?
Maybe six months.
也许六个月。
Six months? You lucky bastard!
六个月?你这个幸运的混♥蛋♥!
I remember the day Slovik came back after his Court Martial.
我记得斯洛维克从军事法庭回来的那天。
He wasn't so happy. He and those boys
they thought he would be imprisoned for 2 or 3 years.
他不太高兴。他和那些男孩他们认为,他会被监禁两三年。
Of course it never occurred to him, even
after his sentence had been handed down,
当然,他从来没有想过,即使在他的判决被宣布后,
that he would actually be shot.
他真的会被枪毙。
"Honey, I'm in a little trouble.
“亲爱的,我遇到了点小麻烦。
Please don't worry about me because I'm fine.
请不要担心我,我很好。
Please, Mommy, I beg you to wait for me.
求你了,妈咪,我求你等我一下。
I'll let you know as soon as I know how long I'll get.
我一知道我被判刑几年,我就会告诉你的。
If it's too long, then I'll ask you to get a divorce."
如果时间太长,那我就要求你离婚。”
I had him brought to see me.
我叫人带他来见我。
It was an unusual case and I felt I should talk to him.
这是个不寻常的案子,我觉得我应该和他谈谈。
- Are you Private Slovik? - Yes, sir.
-你是二等兵斯洛维克吗? -是的,长官。
- Do you know who I am? - No, sir. Excuse me.
-你知道我是谁吗? -不,长官。原谅我。
I'm Colonel Leacock,Division Judge Advocate.
我是利考克上校,这个师的审判辩护律师。
Yes sir.
是的,长官。
- Do you like birds? - Yes.
-您喜欢鸟类吗? -是的。-我也喜欢。
I'm sure you realize you have a huge problem.
你肯定知道,你有大♥麻♥烦了。
Yes sir, I know.
是的,长官。我知道。
Well, part of my job is to help you if I can.
我的工作之一就是,尽我所能帮助你。
We don't like to send anyone to Court Martial.
我们不想把任何人,送上军事法庭。
We only do this as a last resort.
我们这么做,只是迫不得已。
I understand, sir.
我理解,长官。
Maybe we can settle this without a trial, huh?
也许我们不用庭审就能解决这个问题,对吗?
That would be great, sir. How?
那太好了,长官。如何进行呢?
If you return to your unit,
如果你回到你的部队,
I will ask the general if he will suspend the process.
我会问将军他是否会暂停这个程序。
I'll even try to get you a transfer to another regiment,
in which you can start from scratch.
我甚至会设法把你调到另一个团,你可以从头开始。
No, sir. I simply cannot serve in a rifle company.
不,长官。我就是不能在步♥枪♥连服役。
Why don't you at least try?
你为什么不试试呢?
You haven't been with your unit long enough
to know what it's like.
你在部队呆的时间还不够长,不知道是什么感觉。
I know how it is, sir.
我知道是怎么回事,长官。
I had already said that I wanted to
have a job away from the front line.
我已经说过,我想找一份远离前线的工作。
Quartermaster service or something.
给军需官打杂之类的事儿。
But if I can't, then take me to Court Martial.
但如果不行,那就把我送上军事法庭。
We can't transfer everyone from the sniper company
to a supply depot, just because they won't fight.
我们不能因为狙击兵连的人不愿战斗,就把他们转移到补给站。
I know that, sir.
这我知道,长官。
You realize that you will get at least
a heavy prison sentence if you go to trial?
你知道,如果上法庭,你至少会被判重刑吗?
Yes sir.
知道,长官。
You could even get the death penalty.
你甚至可能被判死刑。
Desertion in time of war is a capital offense.
战时,“当逃兵”是死罪。
I fear you will make a serious mistake.
我担心你会犯一个严重的错误。
if you don't go back there and try again.
如果你不回去,再试一次的话。
I'm sorry, sir, I've already made my decision.
对不起,长官,我已经决定了。
I want to be court-martialed.
我想上军事法庭。
OK, take him back.
好吧,带他回去。
Anyway, thank you, sir.
不管怎样,谢谢你,长官。
I wasn't particularly surprised by his attitude.
我对他的态度,并不感到特别惊讶。
I had heard many like him say,"I want to be court-martialed."
我听过很多像他这样的人说:“我想上军事法庭。”
And why shouldn't they?
他们为什么不可以呢?
No American soldier had been executed since the Civil War.
自南北战争以来,没有美国士兵被处决。
The question is: why did he do it?
问题是:他为什么要这么做?
I was one of the doctors who examined him.
我是给他做检查的医生之一。
It wasn't my job to determine his motives,
确定他的动机不是我的工作,
but when you examine a man's body,
但当你检查一个人的身体时,
Sometimes you wish you could get inside your mind.
有时你希望能进入他的大脑。
I couldn't help but speculate.
我忍♥不住要去揣测。
I think he desperately wanted to go back to prison.
我觉得,他非常想回监狱。
It was the place that had been a safe haven for him,
a refuge. It was almost like a womb.
这个地方曾经是他的避风港,一个避难所。它几乎就像一个子♥宫♥。
Naturally, there was a strategy involved for self-benefit.
当然,这里面包含了一种利己的策略。
But ultimately, he must have been telling the truth.
但最终,他说的肯定是实话。
The truth, which the military for their own necessary reasons,
were compelled to ignore.
军方出于自身必要的原因,不得不忽视真♥相♥。
Maybe he just was,physically and mentally,
unable to return to a situation under heavy fire.
也许,他只是在身体上和精神上,无法回到猛烈炮火下的状态。
In my report I said he was in good health.
我在报告中说他,身体很好。
The neuropsychiatric division also submitted a report.
神经精神科也提交了一份报告。
A much more important report.
一份更重要的报告。
He claimed that the prisoner was
sane and responsible for his actions.
他声称囚犯神志清醒,能对自己的行为负责。
The General Court-Martial,in the Slovik case,
审理斯洛维克一案的普通军事法庭,
It was one of the shortest procedures in our history.
它是我们历史上最短的一次诉讼程序。
The Court was convened for 10 a.m.,of November 11, 1944.
法庭于1944年11月11日上午10时开庭。
And at 11:40 am the verdict
had been given and the Court session closed.
上午11点40分,判决书已经下达,庭审结束。
I was presiding. We were all General Staff men.
我在主持审理。我们都是总参谋部成员。
There wasn't even one of us who was a combat officer.
我们当中甚至没有一个人是战斗军官。
There was a reason for that.
这是有原因的。
All combat officers of the 28th Division were
on the battlefield.
第28师的所有作战军官都在战场上。
Some felt that this would be advantageous to prayer.
有些人认为这将有利于,乞求宽恕。
General Staff officers are considered more lenient.
总参谋部官员,被认为比较宽大。
Lieutenant Kramer, as a law enforcement representative,
克雷默中尉,作为执法代表,
Could you inform the accused of his rights?
你能告知被告他的权利吗?
Yes sir.
是的,长官。
Private Slovik,
二等兵斯洛维克,
the prisoner does not salute.
二等兵斯洛维克不要敬礼。
Private Slovik, you have the right to object
any member of this Court for good cause,
二等兵斯洛维克,你有权以正当理由,反对法庭的任何成员,
and also the right to a peremptory challenge
against any member except the law-enforcement member.
电影精选列表