You know you were ranked 4-F.
你要知道,你是被列入“不适合服兵役”的一类人。
We wanted to be sure.
我们想确定一下。
It's standard procedure when a man has a criminal record.
这是一个有犯罪记录的人的标准程序。
Can this change?
这能...改变吗?
I would say it is very unlikely.
我认为,这不太可能。
- Thank you. - Yes, thank you for your time.
-谢谢。 -是的,谢谢你的宝贵时间。
Didn't I tell you?
我告诉过你吗?
So, what do you say?
那么,你想说什么呢?
- Well. I guess it's official.
- Of course it is. They don't want me.
-好。我想这是正式的。 -当然了。他们不想要我服役。
I have all the time in the world. I can take it,
a better job, save some money.
我有大把的时间。我可以接受,一份更好的工作,攒些钱下来。
It doesn't mean anything if I do it just for myself.
如果我只是为了自己,那就没有任何意义了。
I want this to be for us.
我想为咱们俩。
Look Eddie, we don't need to rush.
听着,埃迪,我们不需要匆忙结婚了。
- Oh, I'm sorry. - There are so many practical considerations.
-哦,对不起。 -有很多实际的要考虑。
I need you. I really do.
我需要你。真的需要你。
You can turn me into something special.
你可以把我变成,特别的人。
You better marry me.Everyone else is leaving,
to the outside. I'll be the only guy around here.
你最好嫁给我。其他人都走了,到海外去了。我将是这里,唯一的男人。
OK, guys. Can I take one more picture?
好了,新人们。我可以再拍一张照吗?
Smile a little more.
再笑一些。
We got married on a Saturday.
我们是在星期六结婚的。
The church was "Our Savior of Golgotha" in Detroit.
婚礼教堂属于在底特律的,“我们在各各他的救主”教会。
And then they all came to my parents' house.
然后,他们都来到了我父母家。
I must have been crazy, but I paid $700
by the wedding dress and the veil.
我一定是疯了,但我花了700美元买♥♥了婚纱和面纱。
Okay, smile everyone, let's go.
好了,大家笑一笑,要拍了。
Thanks.
谢谢。
It was a Polish wedding and it lasted for days on end.
那是一场波兰裔的婚礼,持续了好几天。
We decided to hire helpers so that we could all be free.
我们决定雇人帮忙,这样我们就都有空了。
to dance and have fun with the guests.
和客人们一起跳舞,玩得开心。
I wish this was the best moment that Eddie had had in his life.
我希望,这是埃迪一生中,最美好的时刻。
He could forget about prison and digging ditches,
他可以忘掉监狱和挖沟渠的事,
and begin to see himself as a married man
with friends and responsibilities.
开始把自己看作一个有朋友、有责任的已婚男人。
Cheers, everyone.
大家一起来,干杯吧。
A toast to the bride and groom.
为新娘和新郎干杯。
May they live many years together.
愿他们白头偕老。
He promised to bring me roses and asked me to make it a success.
他答应给我送玫瑰花,并让我把婚礼办得成功。
I told you I would.
我告诉他,我会的。
In the newspapers it was written that the American army
the invasion of North Africa was beginning.
报纸上报道说,美国♥军♥队对北非的入侵行动,已经展开了。
But that was someone else's world.
但是,那好像是另一个世界的事儿。
We went to the movies a lot that year. We had an apartment
那一年,我们经常去看电影。我们在地下有一套公♥寓♥,
underground and watching movies
was a way to get out of the house.
出去看电影,是一种离开家的方式。
And this was how we learned about the war.
我们就是这样,了解这场战争的。
In the news before the movie.It wasn't a big deal to us,
在放电影前的新闻短片里。这对我们来说,没什么大不了的,
because we had other things to worry about.
因为,我们还有其他事情,要担心。
Eddie, what are you doing?
埃迪,你在干什么?
Nothing, go back to sleep.
没什么,继续睡吧。
I can't sleep. I haven't slept all night.
我睡不着。我整晚都没睡。
I'm just going out for some air. Don't worry.
我只是出去透透气。别担心。
It's 2:30 in the morning.
现在是凌晨两点半。
Maybe I'll go have a beer.
也许,我该去喝杯啤酒。
I had 5 dollars in my pocket. Did you see them?
我口袋里有5美元。你看到了吗?
He didn't say a word all day.
他一整天,都没说一句话。
Why don't you tell me what's bothering you?
你为什么不告诉我,你在困扰什么?
- Nothing is worrying me.- It's not true.
-没什么让我困扰的。 -不是这样的。
I said nothing is worrying me!
我说了,没什么让我困扰的!
You're pregnant, okay? You're due in 6 months,
and I bring home 40 dollars a week, 40 dollars!
你怀孕了,好吗?你六个月后就要分娩了,而我每周,
只能拿回家40美元,40美元!
Others have houses, they have money in the bank. I own nothing.
其他人有房♥子,他们在银行有存款。我一无所有。
All I want is 5 dollars for a beer.
我连喝啤酒的5块钱,都没有了。
Where's my money? Did you get it?
我的钱呢?你拿走了吗?
- What do you mean I caught him?
- I bet you caught him, didn't you?
-你是说,我拿走它们? -我肯定是你拿走它们了,不是吗?
We'll see, look at this!
我们来看看,看这个!
- Eddie! - Stop talking Eddie!
-埃迪! -别叫我“埃迪”!
Look at all this money! You have 30 dollars, 30 bucks here!
看看这些钱!你有30美元,这里有30块!
You really take care of the money!
你真会管钱!
You asked me to take care of you! What do you expect me to do?
是你让我管钱的!你想让我怎么做?
I don't know what you have to do, but I sure know what you do.
我不知道你要做什么,但我知道你在做什么。
What, what does that mean? What do I do?
这是什么意思?我该怎么办?
You always take the money, all the time!
你总是管着钱,一直都是!
I never see a penny!
我一分钱都没看到!
I work hard to contribute my share but I never see anything!
我努力工作,贡献我的一份,但我从来没有看到任何东西!
You don't give a damn about me! You don't give a damn about anything!
你根本不在乎我!你什么都不关心!
You only care about having control of it!
你只关心,如何管着钱!
I don't give a damn about you?
I only care about money? Is that right?
我才不管你呢?难道我只在乎钱?对吗?
Money, that's all I care about.That's how much I love money!
钱,这是我唯一关心的。我就是这么爱钱!
Like this! Like this!
就像这样!就像这样!
Go ahead!
你真烦人!
Eddie, Eddie, Eddie! Eddie!
埃迪,埃迪,埃迪!艾迪!
Sorry!
对不起!
I'm very sorry!
我非常抱歉!
- Are you okay? - Yes, I'm fine.
-你没事吧? -是的,我没事。
Sometimes I feel so discouraged.
有时,我感到很沮丧。
All I want is a house and a car. Is that too much to ask?
我只想要一所房♥子和一辆车。这个要求过分吗?
It takes time, Eddie. It takes time.
这需要时间,埃迪。这需要时间。
We will have the things we want.
我们会得到,我们想要的东西。
It took my parents forever.
我父母也是奋斗了很多年的。
Sometimes I wish I was back in prison.
有时候,我真希望自己回到监狱。
Eddie.
埃迪。
That way, I could find a guy that could
give you the things you need.
那样的话,我就能让你找到一个,能满足你需要的人。
You give me everything I need.
你给了我所需要的一切。
真的?
- Are you sure you're okay? - Yes, I'm fine.
-你确定你没事吗? -我很好。
Let's go back to bed, okay?
那就回床睡觉吧?
Oh!
哦!
What's the problem?
怎么了?
We have to find the serial numbers of these notes.
我们得找到这些钞票的序列号♥。
For what?
干什么用?
So I can send them back and get new notes.
这样,我就可以把它们寄回银行,得到新的纸币。
You mean they're still good?
你是说,它们还能使用?
Hum... hum.
嗯...嗯。
- How do you know? - I'm an accountant.
-你怎么知道? -我是会计。
You knew this all along, didn't you?
你对这些都很懂,对吧?
Do you want to paste these notes and go have a beer?
你想把这些纸币贴好,然后去喝杯啤酒吗?
He used to say that if we had money everything would be perfect.
他过去常说,如果我们有钱,一切都会很完美。
There was the rent, the car payments,the payment for the suite.
能掏得起房♥租,车贷,买♥♥♥房♥♥的首♥付♥。
But he always found a way to buy me things, little gifts.
但他总有办法给我买♥♥东西,买♥♥些小礼物。
Sometimes jewelry or cosmetics.
有时是珠宝,有时是化妆品。
I lost the baby. A miscarriage.
我失去了孩子。流产了。
But we knew there was plenty of time to try again.
但我们知道,还有足够的时间,再试一次。
Eddie! What?
埃迪!什么?
He has already gone home.
他已经回家去了。
What are you doing here?
你在这里做什么?
- How about $1.40 an hour? - What?
-工作一小时,挣1.4美元怎么样? -什么?
$1.40 an hour! How does that sound to you?
每小时挣1.4美元!你觉得怎么样?
Well, what are you talking about?
你在说什么?
Signed, sealed and delivered!
I went to the De Soto factory this morning.
负责签收,封装并送货!我今早去了德索托的工厂。
So that's why you're so well dressed!
所以你才穿得这么漂亮!
-You thought I went out to see some girl, didn't you?
-I don't know.
-你以为我出去见什么姑娘了,是吗? -我怎么知道。
The last time I saw you in a suit
and tie was the day we got married.
我上次看到你穿西装打领带,还是在我们结婚的那天。
- What happened?
- Wow! That was amazing! You should have seen me!
-发生了什么? -哇!太神奇了!你真该看看我!
I went to the human resources manager and said:
我去找人力资源经理说:
"Sir, I would like to have an ex-convict,
working here on your payroll?"
“先生,我想要一个有前科的人,在这里为您工作?”
- You didn't say that! - I said yes!
-你肯定没这么说! -我是这么说的!
I said, "Sir, my wife makes the best pork ribs,
and the best sauerkraut in all of Deaborn, Michigan."
电影精选列表